• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
I've played a bit of Astral Chain and i think it's a very good game, but i probably won't be able to turn my attention to it until i at least get to the end of Great Ace Attorney. And i'm in the middle of Xenoblade DE too, made very good progress in the last couple days. So hopefully i'll have October to focus on Dread and Astral Chain.

Tinarg

Jan 13, 2020
I got a Zelda power A controller as a gift and it started to drift in like a month. Then got the PowerA faux-GC controller (wired) and it drifted in like four months.

From my experience, don't bother with anything PowerA

I got the PowerA Gamecube Switch controller and the right stick started drifting after like 2 weeks. Definitely wouldn't recommend their controllers.

Oct 26, 2017
I think a large segment of the fanbase just isn't terribly interested in third party games ported late to Switch. Unlike me, that's like my bread and butter.
Yeah, that's where I'm at. I didn't care for these third party games on other systems so them coming late to the Switch doesn't mean much for me. There's only a handful of exceptions for me, like Catherine or Danganronpa or indie games, but that's because I felt that they were better suited for a handheld anyways. For me, it's mainly exclusives and indie / mid range titles that catch my eye

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Some ports I WOULD love to see on Switch at the Direct:

- Castlevania Advance Collection : Seems likely
- FF Pixel Remasters : Probably will come but not for a while yet
- Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, FFTA, etc: More tactics games, please! Tactics Ogre would be welcome as well

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone think it's realistic we get any more Zelda 35th and/or BoTW2 news in the September direct?

No Zelda 35th stuff, they confirmed nothing else was coming this year for the anniversary. I'm assuming that means next year too (specifically for the anniversary) but I guess WW/TP ports would be possible early in the year.

Personally I don't think we hear anything about BOTW2. Best we get is AoC DLC info.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017

- Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, FFTA, etc: More tactics games, please! Tactics Ogre would be welcome as well
im gonna hoot and holler so loud when they announce GBA games for NSO, but also Castlevania Advance Collection + FFTA + FF4 5 and 6 Pixel Remasters are coming to switch NOT in the GBA NSO collection

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Does anyone think it's realistic we get any more Zelda 35th and/or BoTW2 news in the September direct?
No. We heard it from Aonuma himself - nothing further is planned for the anniversary. I think the Zelda rumours were a lot like the Pro - more remasters (especially WW/TP HD) will no doubt happen at some point, but they're probably not as imminent as people believed. There's no telling how Nintendo are chopping and changing their line up after all the Covid disruption.

I'd also be surprised to see Zelda again just yet, given we had a trailer at E3. They've got Splatoon 3 to talk about after all, and that skipped E3.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just started my day with a nice strong cup of coffee and jelly donuts. Better than a Direct.

200.gif

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
At first I really liked the Sept '19 Direct. But with how I ended up feeling about some of the featured games I initially had interest in, it's ultimately been a rather middling showing in retrospect.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo will have that sweet BOTW 2 trailer at TGA with a confirmation of March 18th 2022 release date

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018

ctrl + f "persona"

You're dead to me. DEAD.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
First party Things I want answered in the next Direct:

- what the hell are EPD 9 doing
- are EPD 8 doing DK? (might not be answered even if we get, for example, an Odyssey 2 announcement)
- is Holy War getting remade? (Signs pointing to yes)
- How's Bayonetta 3 doing?
- is Xenoblade 3 ready to show?
- what's the plan for Animal Crossing?
- when is Splatoon 3 coming?
- is Kirby going 3D?

Some, not all, will be answered.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017

- are EPD 8 doing DK? (might not be answered even if we get, for example, an Odyssey 2 announcement)
- is Kirby going 3D?

Hello, it's me, Douglas Bowser. The president of Nintendo. I'm going to answer all of these questions for you right now.

- EPD 9 is working on ARMS 2 but because ARMS 1 didn't sell great we are going to make ARMS 2 a Nintendo Crossover Fighting game. Instead of characters like Min-Min and Twintelle it will be Marth and Byleth. Actually it's all fire emblems
- EPD 8 is making Captain Toad 2: Donkey Kong's Revenge. Captain toad steals Donkey Kong's golden banana and Donkey Kong attempts to murder the small mushroom boy.
- Due to current events we will have permanently cancelled any video games featuring any "holy wars"
- Bayonetta 3 is doing well. Bill Trinen already said this, please pay attention. Expect it in 2026.
- The plan for Animal Crossing is to continue making a lot of money from it and muting people on twitter who @ us about it.
- Splatoon 3 is coming in Summer 2022. You'll only be able to play it between the hours of 4 and 6 PM on wednesdays.
- Kirby is dead

thanks for understanding

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Does Nate exclude N64? Or is it just a thinking to start with?

I don't necessarily think so (unless I missed a specific quote in the podcast), but I think because N64 games hold value in many consumer's minds, it makes more sense to repackage them as remasters to squeeze as much money as possible. It's not necessarily out of the range of possibility to be emulated/streamed through NSO, but I think personally N64 (or Gamecube for that matter) won't be available for another year at the earliest (if at all), and not until it's made exclusive whether in a new NSO tier, a Switch Pro/2 exclusive, or both.

That being said, most if not all 2D sprite games don't need a remake but just accessibility, and given how non-intensive they are to be emulated on a portable device (whether smartphone or Switch) it's probably what would receive the biggest focus.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

Nintendo put up a new Monkey Ball trailer on their Youtube channel. Pack it up folks. Direct ain't happening. If it was, Nintendo would have saved this for the Direct. In fact, every time Nintendo puts out a new video, it just means there will be no Direct for at least next three weeks.

Tinarg

Jan 13, 2020

- is Kirby going 3D?

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Pikmin 4

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Nintendo put up a new Monkey Ball trailer on their Youtube channel. Pack it up folks. Direct ain't happening. If it was, Nintendo would have saved this for the Direct. In fact, every time Nintendo puts out a new video, it just means there will be no Direct for at least next three weeks.

Dang it. And I had that pegged as the "One Last Thing!"

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
My September Direct Predictions (purely first party):

-New NSO Console(s)
-Splatoon 3 update, Summer 2022 date
-Final Smash character
-Pikmin 4
-WarioWare Release Reminder + DLC announcement
-shockingly soon First Party Casual-ish Game Release (Nintendogs? Style Savvy? Something like that)
-Mario Golf Update
-Animal Crossing New Horizons 2.0 Update (this will be "the big one," coming in November)

sprinkle some third party stuff in and that's a show
I still believe all this btw. Maybe the Final Smash character is at the game awards instead but the rest? Solid locks

can u imagine them having a monkey ball trailer in a direct AGAIN??? They wouldn't put it in two directs in a row. If anyhting I think this EXACTLY confirms a Direct for THIS wednesday.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What if I constantly post about Eternal Darkness but know that the trademark updates mean literally nothing? Does that make me a working coober?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I still believe all this btw. Maybe the Final Smash character is at the game awards instead but the rest? Solid locks

can u imagine them having a monkey ball trailer in a direct AGAIN??? They wouldn't put it in two directs in a row. If anyhting I think this EXACTLY confirms a Direct for THIS wednesday.
I doubt the final charter would be at the VGAs

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017

That would be a dream come true for me, personally. Hell I don't doubt MH Rise will also get a not insignificant shout out as part of the third party reel.

I know they haven't before, but maybe they'll also bring attention to a NSO Game Trial for September in a Direct rather than a PR tweet.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised, I really do

Status
Not open for further replies.