• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea about the Crews stuff, that's upsetting.

Anyway just finished a Chameleos quest where I decided to slay all three monsters with under 4 seconds remaining.

Aug 15, 2020
+trans rights are human rights

would be a very long title though, can it fit?
Again, not to diminish other issues, but I think we could just focus on stopping Asian hate for at least one thread. Not to make it a numbers game, but that has been in the last 5, while other issues like Black Lives haven't even been addressed since last summer. As far as the title is concerned.

That said, I'll stop here. All in all, I think nrvalleytime did a great job on the OP and I'm happy to talk about video games. We have a lot coming soon.

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
X has a lot of fans but it didn't sell as well as 2 simply because WiiU.
I think they could make 3 more SciFi like X and continue the story, because they definitely set it up for a sequel.

Well, I think putting it directly in the "mainline" would work better. As it feels more like a spin-off like title that a full title. That said, I never played the game so I can't really judge a book by its cover.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Terry Crews is an anti LGBTQ+ POS. But oh he wants a game that we want so let's post his Twitter account. Geez guys its bad enough the game itself has homophobic and transphobic content but posting a man who believes LGBTQ+ couples shouldn't adopt children or have children at all? In a thread that used to have Trans rights are human rights in its thread title for months it's kinda disgusting that Terry Crews is being posted in here. I know I'll be attacked for saying it but someone needs to say it
Didn't know about Terry Crews' homophobic and transphobic shit, but was about to say "might explain why he wants that game localized then, seems like the right game for his shit opinions" but you already got the awful shit present in Mother 3 covered in your post anyway !

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Crews is also anti-Black but ANYWAYYYYSSS

New thread, maybe BoTW2 will be revealed before it ends!

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'm in for having a thread title referencing Stop Asian Hate, especially since, like the transphobia, racism toward Asians is something that many have suffered here on Era.
We've had Black Lives Matter, we've had Trans Rights are Humans Rights, Stop Asian Hate should join it too, it needs awareness around here too imo.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
I'm going to throw my hat into the ring and suggest "Stop Asian Hate" to be highlighted in the title as well. An inclusivity statement in the op like Trans Rights are Humans Rights and Black Lives Matter would be appreciated too

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Xenoblade X2 as Monolith's next project would be really bizarre and questionable since it would require directly playing X1 to understand the plot. If it was XBX2, then XBX should have been in XBC:DE's development slot, not make X2 and then release XBX. With XBC2 at least you didn't need to know XBC1 to play 2

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I think that, given how long trans rights have been in the title, it would be a bit strange to pivot to a new issue. Trans rights being in the title started because of how many trans members NintendoEra has as a community.

There's merit to including it, given how serious of a problem it's been on Era, but I think leaving the trans message out is a bit unfortunate. Given that that's the case, a broad inclusivity statement in the OP of the thread might be the best path forward. There are too many groups that have had problems on Era to highlight them all in the title.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Xenoblade X2 as Monolith's next project would be really bizarre and questionable since it would require directly playing X1 to understand the plot. If it was XBX2, then XBX should have been in XBC:DE's development slot, not make X2 and then release XBX. With XBC2 at least you didn't need to know XBC1 to play 2
This is why I don't think the next game will be X2, especially if a port of X is coming AFTER that. The timing just doesn't fit. I could totally see them doing, say, Xeno3, then a port of X, THEN X2. That would make more sense.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

Very interesting, and bodes well for Nintendo improving the quality of their online services.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
I've seen the Twitter user SamusHunter being brought up in various YouTube videos. Do they have any credibility?

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A lot of my health issues are finally behind me so I'll try to be more active in this new thread.

I just got Pokémon Snap in the mail for my wife and I'll probably play it a good bit too. I'm still way to consumed with MHR to even think of any other games.

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
I think that, given how long trans rights have been in the title, it would be a bit strange to pivot to a new issue. Trans rights being in the title started because of how many trans members NintendoEra has as a community.

There's merit to including it, given how serious of a problem it's been on Era, but I think leaving the trans message out is a bit unfortunate. Given that that's the case, a broad inclusivity statement in the OP of the thread might be the best path forward. There are too many groups that have had problems on Era to highlight them all in the title.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I didn't feel comfortable enough before to highlight this because I don't actively participate in these threads.

I sincerely think Trans rights should stay.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Hopefully Miitopia is only the start of 3DS games coming to Switch. Yeah yeah I know they're not new games, but 3DS titles are more likely to be lineup-filler rather than big titles that replace new games.

Also where the fuck is Detective Pikachu, Nintendo???

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Hopefully Miitopia is only the start of 3DS games coming to Switch. Yeah yeah I know they're not new games, but 3DS titles are more likely to be lineup-filler rather than big titles that replace new games.

Also where the fuck is Detective Pikachu, Nintendo???

Would love to be able to play Ever Oasis on Switch! Liked the demo back then, but by the release, I was not using my 3DS anymore...

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I'd like Trans rights back in the title. But I'm also on board with a broader message of inclusivity being included in the OP.

Toasting the new thread with a g & t. Cheers all.

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
Hello new thread! Probably the E3 one, and hopefully the one with the announcement of new METROID.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Hello new thread! Probably the E3 one, and hopefully the one with the announcement of new METROID.
Hopefully it ends right after E3 and a new Metroid shows up, so we can use the next OT title:

Nintendo General Discussion |OT23| The next Metroid has been announced, the galaxy is at peace

Status
Not open for further replies.