• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The sequel to Breath of the Wild will come out in...

• 2021: July, August, or September

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • 2021: October, November, or December

Votes: 344 29.2%
  • 2022: January, February, or March

Votes: 386 32.8%
  • 2022: April, May, or June

Votes: 164 13.9%
  • 2022: July, August, or September

Votes: 32 2.7%
  • 2022: October, November, or December

Votes: 153 13.0%
  • Cancelled and rebooted at Retro Studios

Votes: 91 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how biased against Nintendo people in these parts seem to be, yeah, it does matter!

Sony doesn't have anything to do with this Direct. It's called a Nintendo Direct for a reason!

And this thread title has nothing to do with Sony.

I don't really understand what you're upset about. This is a Nintendo discussion thread, we are a community who use this thread to talk about Nintendo related things and most of them time that's directs and announcements. Sometimes that's other company's games. Sometimes it's stuff that's not gaming related whatsoever. Sometimes it's just gifs of raccoons.

We don't bring console wars into this thread and we don't care what other people (such as Sony fans) who don't ever frequent this thread think about the title.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
At least on ERA, insiders usually don't tease the contents of a general direct. They almost never fully leak, which is exciting! We have no clue besides what's officially confirmed

Yes.

Beyond Chrono Break. That's most definitely happening because that's all that matters tomorrow and no insiders have *disproved* its existence.

It's shameful. Today's news would have been even more fun if Nate was here slumming it with the rest of us goons.

Yeah. Imagine the restraint required not to harass another person on the internet. It's remarkably easy if they try.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
And this thread title has nothing to do with Sony.
We don't bring console wars into this thread and we don't care what other people (such as Sony fans) who don't ever frequent this thread think about the title.
...Fair enough.

It's just that I've seen enough people make hot takes about BotW...enough to the point that I wonder if Genshin Impact will be announced in the Direct tomorrow.

Still, people will always bring console wars/console comparisons into almost every Nintendo thread: They do it every time they want to justify on not getting a particular title on Switch, even if said Switch version/port is excellent.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
...Fair enough.

It's just that I've seen enough people make hot takes about BotW...enough to the point that I wonder if Genshin Impact will be announced in the Direct tomorrow.

Still, people will always bring console wars/console comparisons into almost every Nintendo thread: They do it every time they want to justify on not getting a particular title on Switch, even if said Switch version/port is excellent.

With all due respect, I believe I am one of the most active regulars in this series of threads, and you aren't that frequently in these threads. And I can tell you we do not get console wars in these threads.

We get people acting rude, we get people harassing insiders, we get people ridiculing other threads on this site, but we don't get console wars. And frankly most of us don't care if the title of this thread makes someone think of Sony. That means nothing to us.

I'm not denying that console wars happen on this site, or that at times it definitely is quite biased against Nintendo, but that has literally nothing to do with this thread and the title thereof.

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
With all due respect, I believe I am one of the most active regulars in this series of threads, and you aren't that frequently in these threads. And I can tell you we do not get console wars in these threads.

We get people acting rude, we get people harassing insiders, we get people ridiculing other threads on this site, but we don't get console wars. And frankly most of us don't care if the title of this thread makes someone think of Sony. That means nothing to us.

I'm not denying that console wars happen on this site, or that at times it definitely is quite biased against Nintendo, but that has literally nothing to do with this thread and the title thereof.
this happens with every thread post OT8 tbh, somebody conjures up some reason to be absolutely pissed at the subtitle

I didn't make it, a bunch of people like it, I stand by it, it's a thread reference not a sony one. let's move on

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Insiders" are in no way obligated to prove their claims, and any statement they make should be taken as rumor until proven otherwise by official announcements.

Hence why such threads are considered speculation threads. They are not gospel.

I know who you're talking about. That's said, I find it odd to be in the thread title as it's still a Sony related term, not Nintendo.

I mean what's next? God of War? The Last of Us?

Crash for Smash?
Chill out

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
Tomorrow will just be 1 minute of Sakurai saying look forward to DLC announcements in the future and 49 minutes of Doug Bowser playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as Bowser and we will like it!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
this happens with every thread post OT8 tbh, somebody conjures up some reason to be absolutely pissed at the subtitle

I didn't make it, a bunch of people like it, I stand by it, it's a thread reference not a sony one. let's move on

I dunno, I have a hard time believing anyone could be mad at "honey I shrunk the directs" or "is anyone else's thread collecting dust"

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
e3-is-like-halloween-for-gamers
This confluence of two of my favorite media things is immaculate.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I'm trying to upload my Nintendo Direct, but it's so dummy thick it's alerting my data caps
I mean he sure expressed his desire for the games before, but that was almost a year ago. not to say that he's hinting, but rather it's certainly not off the table.
Er, how many opportunities would he have had more recently to have done it?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shinobi never hints at direct info from what I remember and even then he's always asking for those games. Nothing new from him.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway...

Twin Peaks is awesome. Halfway through season 2 and this whole show is basically nonsense and I love it.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Surely we'll get the Ninja Gaiden Sigma Collection that has been leaked officially announced during this, right? Right?

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Do they even have enough devs for an advance wars when theyre also making wario ware and a fe remake

tman766

Jul 1, 2020
I'm trying to upload my Nintendo Direct, but it's so dummy thick it's alerting my data caps

Er, how many opportunities would he have had more recently to have done it?
From the looks of it there seems to be a gap between April 2020 and now. he did one yearly game post before at one point (amongst others) but didn't mention gs or advanced wars directly from the looks of it.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will we hear about Playtonics new game? Didn't they said SOON they will make an announcement? I could see Nintendo getting them in a direct presentation.

etansteg

Jul 8, 2020
I've been a little out of the zeitgeist for a while due to schoolwork and such. What games are currently very heavily rumored to be shown tomorrow?

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I've been making the rounds on Youtube listening to some Direct predictions, and goddamn are most of them pessimistic. So many of them say we won't see Nintendo's "core franchises" outside of a Zelda collection and every single one I've listened to says they don't think BotW2 will be there.

Maybe I do need to lower my expectations. But I was feeling way more optimistic compared to a lot of these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.