• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The sequel to Breath of the Wild will come out in...

• 2021: July, August, or September

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • 2021: October, November, or December

Votes: 344 29.2%
  • 2022: January, February, or March

Votes: 386 32.8%
  • 2022: April, May, or June

Votes: 164 13.9%
  • 2022: July, August, or September

Votes: 32 2.7%
  • 2022: October, November, or December

Votes: 153 13.0%
  • Cancelled and rebooted at Retro Studios

Votes: 91 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Nope, I thought the same and went to check Sakurai's original post. It's 00111.

Anyway, not that it's the big deal, I think Sakurai has done things like this before just for fun.
Looking for clues is fun, but I really don't believe Sakurai has ever made an intentional hint at anything in a post of the day (he makes veiled references to other games for fun, but not future Smash reveals). I mean, even if we stretch for this instance, why would it be 2/17 when the Direct airs on 2/18 in Japan?

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
So, since we're in a new thread and everyone is happy and stuff, can I just say that 3D World is vastly inferior to Odyssey so far (second world)? Movement feels awful with the restricted camera, difficulty only comes from not being able to judge jumps well due to that ridiculous camera, and levels feel quite uninspired compared to what Odyssey brings to the table. Not to mention that the power-ups feel very formulaic (and not very useful) compared to Odyssey's cap mechanic. Still a decent game, but there is no comparison for me.
the emphasis should be on the bolded; they're so wildly different that there's literally no comparison

Plum

May 31, 2018

Goddammit me

EDIT: Updated!

JHxRKew.png

indospot

Jan 13, 2021
It's hard to think about what exactly I expect, I'm just excited for the excitement of a presentation. I'd love to hear about the Zelda anniversary, I'd love to see Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 again. I really want Metroid Prime Trilogy to be a thing so I can actually know the franchise before 4. I don't know, I just want to sit in front of my computer for an hour and enjoy a Direct.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Ill just copy a reddit comment from the hollow knight subreddit:
Here's what's definitely gonna happen:

• New smash character revealed: The Knight
  • After that, they play the release trailer for Silksong
  • Release date is February 10, turns out it has been out for a week and none of us realized
  • Hollow Knight 3 is announced, you play as a tiktik
  • Ari Gibson and William Pellen perform an acapella rendition of the Dung Defender theme for the remaining 40 minutes

I would like that pretty much.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
3D World/Land are basically a third type of Mario game that don't try to do the same things 2D and 3D do. They are usually presented as some kind of middle ground, but I don't really agree with that, they seem unique altogether.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Excited about smash

Some hope we see botw 2 or a skyward sword ReMake or Bayonetta 3

The rest of the announcement can be cherry on top.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
3D World/Land are basically a third type of Mario game that don't try to do the same things 2D and 3D do. They are usually presented as some kind of middle ground, but I don't really agree with that, they seem unique altogether.
Jep. They feel different then both. I loved the classic 3D and 2D styles. i see what they are aiming for with land/world. I just really dont like them. but im okay with them existing, its not as if they are the only think left. Just like zelda, im shure there will be old 3D style zeldas in the future.

And its time for a refresh of 2D mario

Deleted member 77466

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2020
I'm a simple man, l'll just be happy with a WW/TP HD compilation and a remake of Super Metroid, I decided to go blind into BotW 2 but not sure if I'll keep it to the release.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Do we think, based on the tweet's wording, that there will be more of a focus on past games and those games getting more DLC/updates? Obviously, I think there has to be some sort of new 1P reveal, but this reminds me of the March 2020 mini direct.

I think if it more past-focused, we could finally get MK8 DLC

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
I mean, the soundtrack still holds up but the physics are really messy. I love Bomberman Hero but it has aged poorly. There are other Bomberman games that are more deserving of a revival.

LIKE THIS ONE. GOOD LORD YES.

Don't tease me like this.
Can we get ANY Bomberman, preferably with online? I'm bored with R.
Had so much fun back then. How about "Bomberman 64: The Second Attack" too when we are at it?

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
I love the Bowser's Fury style. For me it's the best mix of Odyssey and 3DWorld gameplay. Just needs a triple jump.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of amazing how happy this has made like, everyone. Nothing brings people together like directs.

And then they air and we're back at each other's throats.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Been ages since a Nintendo Discussion thread started with a pre-Direct literally a day away talk. Also love the fresh thread smell, smells like freshly unbound paper

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Thinking about that time Yoshio Sakamoto said DS wasn't powerful enough for Metroid Dread.

By my calculations, Switch is as powerful as at least 17 DS systems taped together, so we could potentially get Metroid Dread on Switch.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Hoping I'm right, this Direct gives me a very different vibes than others, this is going to be epic and insane, no room for disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.