• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The sequel to Breath of the Wild will come out in...

• 2021: July, August, or September

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • 2021: October, November, or December

Votes: 344 29.2%
  • 2022: January, February, or March

Votes: 386 32.8%
  • 2022: April, May, or June

Votes: 164 13.9%
  • 2022: July, August, or September

Votes: 32 2.7%
  • 2022: October, November, or December

Votes: 153 13.0%
  • Cancelled and rebooted at Retro Studios

Votes: 91 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akoig

Sep 4, 2020
Tomorrow - First general direct since 2019
Day after tomorrow - First salary talks with the boss since 2019

I'm kinda nervous right now
Best of luck to you! May both bring you good news ~

Yeah it wasn't expected to be this big. Let's just celebrate and be happy. Its been a very long time.
Wholeheartedly agreed, I am very glad I found this community, I just enjoy hanging around here even if I don't post as often, but I always read

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Starting a new era! Can't believe it's been over 530 days since the last full, fat Direct.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
315f90ff6619bb4da7d5c2b9df768a49.gif

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna repost this in this thread as it was on like the last page, but I think this could end up being the longest direct ever actually

I just went back and checked every single general Direct and, unless I missed one, the longest was 48:19 on April 1st 2015, so if this does clock in at 50 min I think it would actually be the longest general direct ever. kinda crazy seeing as they're way more concise nowadays than they were back then. There may also be some game specific directs that were longer? but I don't think so.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
Star Fox Grand Prix here we goooooooooo

Edit: ah, on going back to read through I see Dark Cloud shares my excitement.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Oh nice, the circle is conveniently covering up a 1. It's actually 1111 which is 15, not 7.

I think the post was probably tongue-in-cheek, though.
Nope, I thought the same and went to check Sakurai's original post. It's 00111.

Anyway, not that it's the big deal, I think Sakurai has done things like this before just for fun.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
50 minutes huh, I can't wait to see what they'll show. May I dare hope for BOTW2, Megaman Battle Network Collection, or new Pokemon News? The latter feels like it could miss the direct because of the concert on Pokemon day, but I think we could get a tease that leads into the gameplay presentation during the concert with Post Maline

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Expectations:
a Pokemon rep in Smash (one of the Grookies prob), Zelda 35 anniversary announcement, Pokemon Snap info, something Star Wars or Phoenix Wright, some Sonic ports like the Dreamcast games or maybe Sonic Colors.

Hopes & Dreams:
Mario Party with online, Mario Strikers with online (sim to GC original) new mainline Kirby, WarioWare, ports of Kid Icarus Uprising, Samus Returns or Yoshi Wooly World, GameBoy Advance or N64 Online and a Sonic Mania sequel 😭

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Gonna repost this in this thread as it was on like the last page, but I think this could end up being the longest direct ever actually

I just went back and checked every single general Direct and, unless I missed one, the longest was 48:19 on April 1st 2015, so if this does clock in at 50 min I think it would actually be the longest general direct ever. kinda crazy seeing as they're way more concise nowadays than they were back then. There may also be some game specific directs that were longer? but I don't think so.
At the very least, it'll be among the linger Directs. And yes, they can announce a dozen games in like 20 minutes with their new format. But this could also see a return to the Iwata era Directs with skits. It's impossible to say. We're in uncharted waters (for real) on this.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alright everyone, what should my next SNES masterpiece be? Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy VI, or Donkey Kong Country 2? Things playable on the mini or with NSO.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I can't remember, are there indie games present at a general direct?

I just had a random thought about Gotta Protectors. That game goes in and out of my mind every now and then, but I spotted an interview in the last few weeks that said the translation is now finished. That game is a gem on 3ds, I'm hoping for some news about the switch version.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Alright for the new OT, here are my predictions, grouped based on how likely I believe they are based on basically nothing but gut feelings

Literally Confirmed Tier (100% Happening)
Smash DLC

Basically Confirmed Tier (99% Happening):
Monster Hunter Rise Trailer #4
Star Wars: Rebel Commando
BDII (at least a mention)
Capcom Arcade Collection (Isn't it releasing like the day after?)
Plants vs Zombies (based on Nate's tease)

Pretty Likely Tier (60-80% Happening):
BoTW2 Trailer
Zelda Anniversary stuff (I don't think they'll do a separate Zelda Direct)
SMT Nocturne HD English Release Date
Metroid 5
NMH3 Trailer

Maybe? Tier (40-60% Happening):
Other Metroid stuff
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War Remake
SMTV
Splatoon Thing (either 3 or spin-off)
Mario + Rabbids 2
Whatever Monolith is working on
Some Mario Spin-off

It's Technically Possible Tier (20-40% Happening):
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Octopath 2
Golden Sun? (maybe that Nazyrus guy actually had info)

Nope Tier (0-20%):
Metroid Prime 4
Pokemon (look they're already doing a thing next week)

RealDealRusty

Jan 8, 2019
I know they said the first half of the year, but I hope they come out swinging. Even if they just date a bunch of new smaller, 1st party games for the first half I would be happy. Don't need a new 3d Mario or BOTW2, but let's see a 2d Metroid, Mario Golf, etc.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
What I think we are gonna see:
- Smash character
- Hyrule Warriors AoC DLC
- Kingodom Hearts Collection
- Zelda Anniversary Collection
- Mario + Rabbids 2
- Animal Crossing content
- NMH 3

What I would love to see but I'm not sure:
- Zelda BOTW 2
- Bayonetta 3
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Fire Emblem

What I would love to see but won't happen:
- Persona 5 Royal
- Metroid Prime 4
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- Mario Odyssey 2
- Astral Chain 2
- Scalebound
- Half-Life 3

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
The real Direct Speculation Thread .

so happy we have a direct to look forward to again

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
My predictions:

-ACNH update roadmap
-Smash reveal trailer for KOS-MOS
-SMT III HD release date, V release window (late summer)
-Zelda 35th anniversary, including WWHD and TPHD Switch ports, Age of Calamity DLC, BOTW2 trailer, title reveal, and release window (Holiday 2021, will later be delayed)
-Mario Odyssey 2, maybe?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So, since we're in a new thread and everyone is happy and stuff, can I just say that 3D World is vastly inferior to Odyssey so far (second world)? Movement feels awful with the restricted camera, difficulty only comes from not being able to judge jumps well due to that ridiculous camera, and levels feel quite uninspired compared to what Odyssey brings to the table. Not to mention that the power-ups feel very formulaic (and not very useful) compared to Odyssey's cap mechanic. Still a decent game, but there is no comparison for me.

Edit: So just did the second boss level, and it's everything I hate about the game: dreadful camera, and a reliance on obfuscation to create uninteresting and annoying difficulty.

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can't believe I spent like three hours making this in Blender:

That feels like years ago. But it was actually only a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.