• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What form will the first Nintendo Direct of 2021 take?

• Nintendo Direct

Votes: 247 20.0%
  • Nintendo Direct Mini

Votes: 131 10.6%
  • Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase

Votes: 269 21.7%
  • The Legend of Zelda Direct

Votes: 176 14.2%
  • Pokémon Direct

Votes: 352 28.5%
  • Mr. Sakurai Presents

Votes: 26 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 36 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I'd trade crossover stuff for more regular furniture. Not super interested in furniture based on other games. It was a fun extra in the other games but I don't want it to be the main thing to look forward to in the future.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
No, I think the current (General) Direct drought is a great opportunity for people to learn to have a bit of a healthier outlook on these things and maybe slowly accept that Directs are merely a vehicle for the games being announced. Not that people shouldn't find joy in Directs (I do too) but there's no point getting worked up over Nintendo adjusting the format to fit their current needs and the general state of the world.
How DARE you say such reasonable things. I demand BLOOD, BLOOD I SAY!!

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

As much as I like math rock I always tend to lean more towards mathcore, with Botch being one of my favorites and this song in particular being the peak. I don't listen to rock based music as much as I do electronic or jazz fusion. 20 years ago I transitioned into Industrial and EBM, from there into speedcore and IDM and breakcore and about 15 years ago I first fell in love with Casiopea who I've considered my favorite band since. That got me into jazz fusion and jazz rock and such. Around 10 years ago I added rave and jungle and other stuff. I used to trade music on Soulseek but nowadays I just follow interesting YouTube channels and listen to everything they upload.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
So ngl i'm not having a good time with Secret of Mana.
There's just way too many flaws that are legit slapping me in the face :/ ('haha bomb box')

I get that people love this game but i'm just not seeing it.

Still continuing but this will probably be a grind.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
So ngl i'm not having a good time with Secret of Mana.
There's just way too many flaws that are legit slapping me in the face :/ ('haha bomb box')

I get that people love this game but i'm just not seeing it.

Still continuing but this will probably be a grind.

Secret of Mana is rough in a lot of areas. Trials of Mana SNES and Legend of Mana are both miles better. I'm biased towards Legend since it was my favorite RPG for a long time.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
I'll buy them at a high price stranger.
Here ya go

Sinnoh Remakes
Paradox Diamond
Quantum Pearl

They're mostly bad.

Good things
Megas are back. Mega Jynx is real. Mega Infernape looks like Sun Wukong.
Controllable camera in all areas.
All areas are Wild Area like Galar DLC.
All areas have a battle background that matches the scene like in Let's Go. (No white voids)
Paradox Dialga.
Quantum Palkia.
Null Giratina.
??? type Arceus
Ball Seals are back.
Contests are back if that's your thing.
Music is great.
Vs. Seeker is back.
Regigigas and Spiritomb events are great.

Bad things
No Unova, Kalos, or Alola Pokemon in base game.
Following Pokemon limited to Amity Square in the main story and allowed in the Battle Zone post game.
No Battle Frontier just the Battle Tower with the Frontier Brains as NPCs in the tower.
Darkrai and Shaymin events are in the base game. Arceus will be locked behind paid DLC because they technically never released the event the first time.
Charon and the Team Galactic post game is in the paid Arceus DLC now instead of taking place in Stark Mountain.
Underground is now a Festival Plaza style hub for online battles and multiplayer minigames like mining, capture the flag, and raid battles against Mega Pokemon. You can still build a secret base though at least.
Villa area gets the ORAS "coming soon" treatment. It's not even planned for DLC.
Forced EXP share still here.
Game is overall easier.
Makes Sun and Moon feel like a short film in terms of cutscenes.
Sword and Shield Battle Timer still here.
No graphical or animation improvements.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
Here ya go

Sinnoh Remakes
Paradox Diamond
Quantum Pearl

They're mostly bad.

Good things
All areas have a battle background that matches the scene like in Let's Go. (No white voids)
Paradox Dialga.
Quantum Palkia.
Null Giratina.
??? type Arceus
Ball Seals are back.
Music is great.
Vs. Seeker is back.

Bad things
Following Pokemon limited to Amity Square in the main story and allowed in the Battle Zone post game.
No Battle Frontier just the Battle Tower with the Frontier Brains as NPCs in the tower.
Darkrai and Shaymin events are in the base game. Arceus will be locked behind paid DLC because they technically never released the event the first time.
Charon and the Team Galactic post game is in the paid Arceus DLC now instead of taking place in Stark Mountain.
Underground is now a Festival Plaza style hub for online battles and multiplayer minigames like mining, capture the flag, and raid battles against Mega Pokemon. You can still build a secret base though at least.
Villa area gets the ORAS "coming soon" treatment. It's not even planned for DLC.
Game is overall easier.
You had me convinced up until no graphical or animation improvements

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up Persona 5 Royal recently. The new content is so much better than the main game it's astounding. You also get one of the best antagonists in gaming history.

Kind of sad that content is locked behind the re-release of a 100+ hour game.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Here ya go

Sinnoh Remakes
Paradox Diamond
Quantum Pearl

They're mostly bad.

Good things
Paradox Dialga.
Quantum Palkia.
Null Giratina.
??? type Arceus
Ball Seals are back.
Music is great.
Vs. Seeker is back.

Bad things
Game is overall easier.
Gotta say, I like how creative this is.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Sun and Moons cutscenes and story were awesome, so that's not a negative. I also don't care about following Pokemon at all. I'd consider a controllable camera in all areas a negative as well since it changes how areas are designed and fixed camera is just so much more interesting. All areas being like Wild Areas, no matter if it's like the DLC, would be terrible too.

I've been playing Pokemon since 1998, too, so.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I really hope this isn't the case.
I loved Sun/Mon a lot but the cut scenes, especially the beginning, took forever. I actually gave up on Ultra Sun very early because of how slow the beginning was.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Here ya go

Sinnoh Remakes
Paradox Diamond
Quantum Pearl

They're mostly bad.

Good things
Paradox Dialga.
Quantum Palkia.
Null Giratina.
??? type Arceus
Ball Seals are back.
Music is great.
Vs. Seeker is back.

Bad things
Game is overall easier.

This is probably what it will be, and I'd probably be okay with it.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Here ya go

Sinnoh Remakes
Paradox Diamond
Quantum Pearl

They're mostly bad.

Good things
Paradox Dialga.
Quantum Palkia.
Null Giratina.
??? type Arceus
Ball Seals are back.
Music is great.
Vs. Seeker is back.

Bad things
Game is overall easier.
Honestly, a fairly well done and believable leak. It's still not real, but it is realistic

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
Will I buy the Pokemon remakes? Probably. But I recognize that it will likely not improve any of the criticisms I had with Sword and Shield.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest criticisms with Sword and Shield are that it was too short, and that forced multiplayer with the raids suuuuck. I don't want games that were formerly single player to suddenly force mechanics that basically require you to play multiplayer. I didn't enjoy the Wild Area either but I knew I wouldn't.

Outside of that I love the visual style, the new Pokemon, the music (so glad that Ichinose got to lead another game) and other stuff.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Finished up Persona 5 Royal recently. The new content is so much better than the main game it's astounding. You also get one of the best antagonists in gaming history.

Kind of sad that content is locked behind the re-release of a 100+ hour game.
It's very good, and I love how they made it all work.

I loved the twist with Kasumi, and Maruki is a great antagonist because while he's definitely in the wrong, he's very sympathetic and you can see exactly why he's done what he's done. I also think they did the best that they could with Akechi: He's so popular that they knew they needed to bring him back somehow, but thankfully they avoided the pitfall of 'redeeming' him in any way; they just let him be him, sticking to his personal beliefs, and the Phantom Thieves only work with him at all because he's... well, dead, so if they succeed he's just helping them and will go back to being dead anyway. It was a good solution to get him in the party while not actually forgiving him for his horrible crimes at all either.

And the ending was great, starting up the last palace on the last day and hearing "I Believe" play after going on a 130 hour journey with these characters was a magical experience. Good ending sequence too, although I found the fistfight part slightly overboard.

Overall, while it was excellently done, I think I still prefer the original ending on the whole. The whole ending sequence with maxing out the phansite meter, then summoning Satanael, "Pillage Him", etc., can't be beat IMO. And nothing quite beat the twists that came with the whole post-Sae's palace fallout, either.

It was very well done, though, and especially if this team is going to be the main one working on Persona 6 I'm very optimistic about it.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
My biggest criticisms with Sword and Shield are that it was too short, and that forced multiplayer with the raids suuuuck. I don't want games that were formerly single player to suddenly force mechanics that basically require you to play multiplayer. I didn't enjoy the Wild Area either but I knew I wouldn't.

Outside of that I love the visual style, the new Pokemon, the music (so glad that Ichinose got to lead another game) and other stuff.

Yeah, I feel the same. I really love the singleplayer experience in gaming in general and I feel this wasn't exactly the best experience like that in Pokémon.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
Here ya go

Sinnoh Remakes
Paradox Diamond
Quantum Pearl

They're mostly bad.

Good things
Paradox Dialga.
Quantum Palkia.
Null Giratina.
??? type Arceus
Ball Seals are back.
Music is great.
Vs. Seeker is back.

Bad things
Game is overall easier.
I like how "they're mostly bad" and yet to me the positives here would significantly outweigh the negatives lol

Necro Felipe

Editor-in-chief at Universo Nintendo
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Brasil
Here ya go

Sinnoh Remakes
Paradox Diamond
Quantum Pearl

They're mostly bad.

Good things
Paradox Dialga.
Quantum Palkia.
Null Giratina.
??? type Arceus
Ball Seals are back.
Music is great.
Vs. Seeker is back.

Bad things
Game is overall easier.

I almost like it, but then "no graphical or animation improvements" well... 😞

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
By the time the DP remakes drop it'll have been two years since SWSH, I think it's insane not to expect any graphical improvements

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt we will see another gyratina form
Dialga and Palkia I can see
Even arceus I can see having a 840 form with his own protean

Deleted member 79517

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 31, 2020
The graphics improve upon further releases. I know GF is a target to a lot here, but they do get better on the system they work on.
I would have to go back to Sun/Moon and X/Y I guess. In my head, Sun/Moon only looks marginally better to the point that I wouldn't notice if I wasn't looking specifically for improvement.

I hope I'm wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.