• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What form will the first Nintendo Direct of 2021 take?

• Nintendo Direct

Votes: 247 20.0%
  • Nintendo Direct Mini

Votes: 131 10.6%
  • Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase

Votes: 269 21.7%
  • The Legend of Zelda Direct

Votes: 176 14.2%
  • Pokémon Direct

Votes: 352 28.5%
  • Mr. Sakurai Presents

Votes: 26 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 36 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Switch has had a cracking year in France, too. Are we looking at a quarter of about 12 million units?

Odds are the Switch has definitely overtaken 3DS, and it might even have overhauled the PSP and GBA lifetime totals. Weren't they at the 80 million mark? Switch was at 68.30 million as of September 30th.

It'll sure to pass both PSP and GBA by the end of this FY.

By the end of FY2021, with the help of Switch Pro, it should hit 110m, passing PS1.

If Switch is lucky to get some super mainstream titles, like GTA or Cod (they have to be marketed thoroughly) It should well pass beyond 110m by March 2022. A well marketed GTA could bring Switch family to 115m.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
ridley_kraid7wjob.jpg
Lmao, I love this.

indospot

Jan 13, 2021
Hey guys, I really didn't want to be dumb, but I see most people posting screenshots of their most played games and I can't seem to post images straight to the forums. Is it a restriction on new users or am I missing something?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Hey guys, I really didn't want to be dumb, but I see most people posting screenshots of their most played games and I can't seem to post images straight to the forums. Is it a restriction on new users or am I missing something?
Hey, ResetEra doesn't have image hosting (besides the avatars). You'll have to upload to another site (I use imgur) and embed the image address from there

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
We were once young and bright eyed. Time crushed our hopes and dreams as it does everything.
Truer words were never spoken. Those were indeed the best of times as they were the worst of times.

I will never forget us passing the time, arguing about what sort of pizza toppings are valid, with others being the work of the devil.
Pineapple still belongs in pizza. I do remember that travesty with banana though.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
So Guys, A new Week ahed... what do you think? Will we se any News? Or just some small Updates?

indospot

Jan 13, 2021
Hey, ResetEra doesn't have image hosting (besides the avatars). You'll have to upload to another site (I use imgur) and embed the image address from there

Ah, that makes sense. The images didn't have any indication they were hosted elsewhere so I was really confused. I think I got it then, here are my most played Switch games:

That's just over 600 hours for Pokémon, around 580 for BotW and then a big drop to around 165 for Rocket League.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Ah, that makes sense. The images didn't have any indication they were hosted elsewhere so I was really confused. I think I got it then, here are my most played Switch games:

That's just over 600 hours for Pokémon, around 580 for BotW and then a big drop to around 165 for Rocket League.

Hey, nice. If you right click on the image on imgur and copy the image address, either with a right click option or by opening the image and copying its URL, you can press the image icon on Era to embed it, like this:

y0IURv7.jpeg

Nobody really minds one using the media embed instead though, I was just letting you know for your reference

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Shows how long it is since I booted up Rocket League considering I still have the OG icon...

indospot

Jan 13, 2021
Hey, nice. If you right click on the image on imgur and copy the image address, either with a right click option or by opening the image and copying its URL, you can press the image icon on Era to embed it, like this:

y0IURv7.jpeg

Nobody really minds one using the media embed instead though, I was just letting you know for your reference

Oh, I didn't think to try that for some reason. Thanks for the help!

Shows how long it is since I booted up Rocket League considering I still have the OG icon...

I played it to death when it first came to Switch, and these days I sometimes get a Rocket League-shaped void in my soul that I'm always happy to fill. It's also the only legitimately fun game I can play online with my girlfriend since it went F2P. I had some concerns Epic would ruin it but they haven't yet.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I am having a hard time getting into XC1. I lovvvved XC2. However, I'm finding the story has yet to hook me, I'm in Chapter 7 (like 20 hours), does it pick up or did I miss something? I also find the controls clunky, I really dislike having to use the D-Pad to select an action and then the Joystick to position the player. Maybe I am also missing something here
Both Xenoblade games have issues with pacing. XC2 is very slow to start and gradually builds its story as it goes. XC1 starts better with a good initial hook, but kind of peters out and doesn't advance much for quite a while after that. I like XC1's story and characters more than 2, but not by a lot, it's pretty close.

As for Chapters: Chapter 7 is right in the middle of the "slow and not a lot happening" section I was talking about. The game leans heavily on exploration for a while around here. The end of Chapter 9 is the break point for most people, if you can get to there I think you'll probably be more invested. The plot really ramps up in Chapters 9 until the end of the game.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Wanna see the most generic and most boring Nintendo Direct Leak ever?

I have some info for you. Nintendo Directs will be returning in full, though we may not get as many this year as in a pre-COVID year. Nintendo decided to do their trailer for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury to get it out of the way, since it's coming out in over a month. The first Nintendo Direct will be put out on February 11th, the day before SM3DW + Bowser's Fury comes out. Here's what they'll show.

The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will kick off the showcase. It won't be anything massive, just a trailer that shows off some gameplay, but it will reveal a release window (October 2021), and the name: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Darkness.
A new trailer for No More Heroes III will be shown off, giving us the full scope of the game. It will be more similar to NMH1 than Desperate Struggle. It will release in May.
Monster Hunter Rise will get a final trailer, hyping us up for the March release.
Kirby Fighters 2 will get a mention, showing us more characters coming to the game, with their immediate release, and it will end with a "stay tuned until June (most likely E3, if it's not cancelled) for more Kirby news".
Square-Enix will throw their hat into the ring with ports of the entire Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy, and a tease of an upcoming Switch-exclusive Final Fantasy project.
Hollow Knight: Silksong will FINALLY show up, and will get its release date of April 16, 2021.
Konami will announce a Metal Gear Anniversary Collection, with the original MSX Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Given the size of these games, it will be priced at $60, and will be released in July.
The next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter will be revealed: Crash Bandicoot, with Coco as an alternate skin. They will be scheduled to release in March.

Following the announcement of Crash and Coco for Smash, it will be revealed that Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, will be ported to the Switch, releasing on June 18, 2021.
New Pokemon Snap will get a quick mention, but it won't reveal anything we don't know, except a few more previously unconfirmed Pokemon.
Capcom will announce a Mega Man Battle Network collection, slated for the same date as Hollow Knight: Silksong.
The next Animal Crossing update will be shown, removing the limitations on multiplayer.
Finally, the "one more thing" announcement will reveal Mario Kart 9, slated for a November release. It won't get a full breakdown until June, but we'll see the return of Link and the Inklings, making people speculate on if it will have more non-Mario characters.

/v/ - Nintendo Direct 2/11/21 - Video Games - 4chan

Nintendo Direct 2/11/21 - "/v/ - Video Games" is 4chan's imageboard dedicated to the discussion of PC and console video games.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

I have some info for you. Nintendo Directs will be returning in full, though we may not get as many this year as in a pre-COVID year. Nintendo decided to do their trailer for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury to get it out of the way, since it's coming out in over a month. The first Nintendo Direct will be put out on February 11th, the day before SM3DW + Bowser's Fury comes out. Here's what they'll show.

The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will kick off the showcase. It won't be anything massive, just a trailer that shows off some gameplay, but it will reveal a release window (October 2021), and the name: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Darkness.
A new trailer for No More Heroes III will be shown off, giving us the full scope of the game. It will be more similar to NMH1 than Desperate Struggle. It will release in May.
Monster Hunter Rise will get a final trailer, hyping us up for the March release.
Kirby Fighters 2 will get a mention, showing us more characters coming to the game, with their immediate release, and it will end with a "stay tuned until June (most likely E3, if it's not cancelled) for more Kirby news".
Square-Enix will throw their hat into the ring with ports of the entire Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy, and a tease of an upcoming Switch-exclusive Final Fantasy project.
Hollow Knight: Silksong will FINALLY show up, and will get its release date of April 16, 2021.
Konami will announce a Metal Gear Anniversary Collection, with the original MSX Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Given the size of these games, it will be priced at $60, and will be released in July.
The next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter will be revealed: Crash Bandicoot, with Coco as an alternate skin. They will be scheduled to release in March.

Following the announcement of Crash and Coco for Smash, it will be revealed that Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, will be ported to the Switch, releasing on June 18, 2021.
New Pokemon Snap will get a quick mention, but it won't reveal anything we don't know, except a few more previously unconfirmed Pokemon.
Capcom will announce a Mega Man Battle Network collection, slated for the same date as Hollow Knight: Silksong.
The next Animal Crossing update will be shown, removing the limitations on multiplayer.
Finally, the "one more thing" announcement will reveal Mario Kart 9, slated for a November release. It won't get a full breakdown until June, but we'll see the return of Link and the Inklings, making people speculate on if it will have more non-Mario characters.

Nintendo Direct 2/11/21 - "/v/ - Video Games" is 4chan's imageboard dedicated to the discussion of PC and console video games.
That's so generic it's painful.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really hate the lame ass low hanging "game x will 'get a mention'" that these fake leaks always throw in.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019

Huh. Well that's... Something. I wish these fake leaks would at least make up some interesting stuff, like a new first-party IP or something.

Sep 29, 2019
4Chan Nintendo Direct "trustworthy" "i don't care if you don't believe me" "insider information" leaks in a nutshell:
presentation starts with The Legend of Zelda: *random generic name*
OR
presentation ends with The Legend of Zelda: *random generic name*

indospot

Jan 13, 2021
Being that generic and playing it safe could almost make it believable but any leak that tries to guess a Zelda title automatically ruins its own credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.