• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

With regards to Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury...

• I have played the game, and will for sure be buying it again!

Votes: 375 34.1%
  • I have played the game, and may buy it again depending on the improvements/Bowser’s Fury

Votes: 284 25.8%
  • I have played the game, and definitely won’t be buying it again

Votes: 103 9.4%
  • I haven’t played the game, and will for sure be jumping in for the first time!

Votes: 231 21.0%
  • I haven’t played the game, but I’m still not sold yet

Votes: 71 6.4%
  • I haven’t played the game, and I’m still not interested

Votes: 37 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully. I know usually no character is released a certain month due to festivities, but could the character we're getting be related to October holidays like Halloween? Dante maybe? A RE character? Idk, just speculating here
Doubt it. Wouldn't be an RE character either because those got spirits rather recently, wouldn't make sense to do a spirit for them when the second pass characters are being made.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
So what was the point of the meeting Nintendo held for press? Did they announce a retirement or was it just "hey, we're making money, peace out!"

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
So what was the point of the meeting Nintendo held for press? Did they announce a retirement or was it just "hey, we're making money, peace out!"
It was basically
"Yo we want to do merchandising and branch out to make movies and other similar media like TV shows for our IPs again.
But don't worry, we will still make games or else there would be noone that buys or watches the other stuff!"

Mar 26, 2020
Doubt it. Wouldn't be an RE character either because those got spirits rather recently, wouldn't make sense to do a spirit for them when the second pass characters are being made.
As I imagined it.
It's probably burocratic bullshit none of us know about

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

my twitter timeline looking like

d06b64a92fe0ca83dd257117685da0e1.gif

rn

Make the models a bit more detailed and i'm up for it. But honestly, i'd be up for it simply because that game has fucking Lagiacrus.

I think if you make it much more detailed you might as well make it just look like classic (3DS era) MH

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
*be me*
*wakes up*
*sees a new partner direct announced*
*will be LIVE, not shadowdropped*
*VIBRATES*

LET US GET READY TO SPAM OUR PRANCE EMOTES.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I'm impatient for tomorrow's presentation. Nintendo have conditioned me to expect immediate gratification and for this they should be condemned.

Sep 29, 2019
They sure announced this Partner Showcase differently from the other ones. With 1+ day ahead of it. I don't know, smells like something interesting is in this Direct.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If MH Stories 2 is announced here too which do you think they will announce first?

Given some comments in the DuskGolem thread, that might not be in the Showcase and is instead announced by Capcom.

Though if it is, announcing it before MonHun Switch would be the ultimate troll ... that would be kinda funny for reaction videos. After MonHun Switch could people not really care for the announcement anymore.

In the end, if it's in tomorrow's Showcase, Stories 2 will be the biggest loser of it because it's going to be overshadowed by the other no matter what or when.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Nintendo's management briefing confirmed that the biggest jump in NSO subscriptions occurred because of Animal Crossing. Worth noting that the January NSO subscriber figure they gave was 15 million, versus 26 million subscribers today (that's not necessarily a straightforward increase of 11 million - some subscriptions could've not been renewed, for example). But nearly doubling the number of subscribers in 8 or 9 months is pretty impressive. By way of comparison, they hit 10 million in July 2019, so the adoption for Animal Crossing was far higher than the adoption following the launch of things like Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon.

I find this pretty surprising. I didn't know so many people use Animal Crossing's online functionality. I was under the impression it was mostly used by the hardcore trading crowd.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Absolutely loving how Nintendo NCL is advertizing Super Mario Sunshine.

They know this game is bullshit, they embrace it.

It's just missing the Pachinko level and the level that you get through jumping from boats to boats with Yoshi on Delphino Plaza.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia

It's just missing the Pachinko level and the level that you get through jumping from boats to boats with Yoshi on Delphino Plaza.

Honestly, the biggest issue I have with 3D-All Stars isn't the graphics, but the fact that Sunshine has a boatload (get it?) of major issues that should have been fixed.

Sep 8, 2020

Nintendo is literally shitting all over the game as its marketing campaign, knowing full well they're gonna rake in hundreds of millions of dollars, and you want these guys to give us a Direct when we want one?

But god, that's funny. Translating the captions is fun too. It's like the shitty watermelon physics are like a feature or something.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Wonder how people would feel if Monster Hunter Switch looked like Riders

I know that Oregano would be thrilled 🤭

I'd expect something more realistic from MH Switch, to be honest.

Yep, but the fact that we still haven't heard about it now is making me worry. But maybe y'all right, I just need to wait a little bit longer.

Hopefully. I know usually no character is released a certain month due to festivities, but could the character we're getting be related to October holidays like Halloween? Dante maybe? A RE character? Idk, just speculating here
Resident Evil already got a spirit event, so that's sadly out of the running for Smash.

Sep 8, 2020
Honestly, the biggest issue I have with 3D-All Stars isn't the graphics, but the fact that Sunshine has a boatload (get it?) of major issues that should have been fixed.
It's weird that the same company that refined the Wind Waker remake by cutting out what fans didn't like and thought was tedious is like, "yeah we're not touching Sunshine's many flaws. We're marketing them."

Status
Not open for further replies.