• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm pretty sure it is a reference to the brawl trailer and Sakurai even made the same reference in Ultimate. That being said the addition of the eyes emoji just makes it look bad. I'm not defending this in any way.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
If I had to guess, I'd say the post is in reference to the recent Metroid Dread leaks. It's still a pretty bad taste tweet.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
GUYS. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT IT'S REFERENCING. IT'S 2021 AND IT'S STILL BAD/DUMB and BELITTLES ONE OF LONGEST AND WELL-KNOWN LADY/BADASS IN GAMES.

Unless MGS starts doing this shit with a nearly nude/body-suit wearing man, it's clear what this is about women and dolling her up to horny fans.
5323858-4643061404-zpUoR.gif

Sep 20, 2021
I mean its infantile obviously, especially with this eye emoji... but Nintendo promotes games like Xenoblade 2 that includes borderline pedophile aesthetics.

So I don't think anyone at Nintendo France will care.

PMA

Alt account / Attempted to circumvent ban with alt
Banned
Sep 13, 2021
FE is pretty much anime with 'cute' characters that you are trying to get with. It's a harem? The lastest one has you, a teacher, giving presents to your students to try and form bonds and make them your spouse. It's...kinda questionable.

teachers trying to seduce students… "kinda" questionable? That's underselling it!

to the topic at hand- I've always found ssbs treatment of zss gross, and knowing sakurai and the teams refusal to put more women and ethnic diversity in the game it does put a real bad taste in my mouth thinking what their opinions of women must be. This ad doesn't help.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah I remember this screenshot. Never made sense to me why they used it way back when

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
So, I guess it isn't gonna get taken down, probably? Meh. It can both be true that this is gross and dumb AND that people won't care and Nintendo won't really see anything wrong with this. But I don't get why people are downplaying it in HERE. Regardless of the reference, still sucks lol o.o??

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
Something, something family friendly company...

The funny thing is, if they hadn't used the eyes emoji there wouldn't really have been a problem here.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
FE is pretty much anime with 'cute' characters that you are trying to get with. It's a harem? The lastest one has you, a teacher, giving presents to your students to try and form bonds and make them your spouse. It's...kinda questionable.
...Huh. Having never played them, I thought the player would set NPCs up with each other, rather than date them.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Was gonna say.. pretty sure Sakurai has been doing this for awhile.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a man I'm offended by this as not all men are perverts who constantly think about sex and objectify every ass presented in front of us.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This is in horrible taste, but a man checking out a woman's ass is not rape culture, please let's stop with the hyperbole.

Not defending the tweet, but this is out of the world

this over exaggeration is not helping.

You may want to read more on rape culture?

Behaviors commonly associated with rape culture include victim blaming, slut-shaming, sexual objectification, trivializing rape, denial of widespread rape, refusing to acknowledge the harm caused by sexual violence, or some combination of these.[3][4]

The image depicts a man crawling behind a woman to "check out her ass", it's akin to looking up a skirt.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Trolling around concerns of sexual objectification, prior infractions in sensitive threads
You may want to read more on rape culture?

The image depicts a man crawling behind a woman to "check out her ass", it's akin to looking up a skirt.
the image also depicts a character who has "sexual object" as one of her primary design goals so it seems a bit late to be expressing concerns.

FulcrumTK

Oct 6, 2020
This is in horrible taste, but a man checking out a woman's ass is not rape culture, please let's stop with the hyperbole.
Not defending the tweet, but this is out of the world
this over exaggeration is not helping.

Rape culture is a sociological theory of a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality. Behaviors commonly associated with rape culture include victim blaming, slut-shaming, sexual objectification, trivializing rape, denial of widespread rape, refusing to acknowledge the harm caused by sexual violence, or some combination of these.

Anyway, it's a terrible shame that Nintendo's biggest female main protagonist is being treated this way by both that CM and Sakurai.

Andvari

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent) - Whataboutism, Dismissing Concerns, & Hostility
OK so that is a very silly post especially for Nintendo that should be deleted and the woman who posted it warned to be smarter.

But fired, Rape Culture, Outrage, Never buying anything Nintendo again... The reactions in this thread are worse than the post itself and are a stark reminder why I don't post here anymore.

Wanting someone fired for this.... You lot are vile... Why so angry lol there's alsorts of bad shit happening in the world right now and an inappropriate picture makes for CANCEL THE HEATHEN drama?.

Fuck off man

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
OK so that is a very silly post especially for Nintendo that should be deleted and the woman who posted it warned to be smarter.

But fired, Rape Culture, Outrage, Never buying anything Nintendo again... The reactions in this thread are worse than the post itself and are a stark reminder why I don't post here anymore.

Wanting someone fired for this.... You lot are vile... Why so angry lol there's alsorts of bad shit happening in the world right now and an inappropriate picture makes for CANCEL THE HEATHEN drama?.

Fuck off man
For someone who doesn't post here anymore, this sure is a post. Nice whataboutism btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.