• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Can't help but notice that people are pointing out Nintendo-developed WiiU ports for Emily's post. She states pretty clearly that one of the Nintendo-published titles is a WiiU port.

Here's a list of candidates that I can think of, not including Japan-only releases:
  • Devil's Third
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
  • Art Academy: SketchPad
  • Art Academy: Home Studio
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  • Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games (there's a few Mario & Sonic Olympics games, probably won't be ported)
  • Mario Sports Mix

Well, TW101 has been teased a long time ago, Fatal Frame would adapt to the switch pretty well but I doubt it (I see a new entry happening though), I remember something about devs being open to a TMS sequel so maybe that instead, and the "Ryu in Smash" rumor was also talking about a Ninja Gaiden anniversary project.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
God I'm so screwed

Have to buy the following this year
FFVII, FFIX, FFX, FFXII from Square
DQB2 from Square
Fire Emblem
Animal Crossing
Pokemon
Yoshi, and possibly NSMBU if it goes on sale
Luigi's Mansion
Grandia collection

And that doesn't include awesome Indie games. May be looking at a divorce this year ...

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
... And more new games?

giphy.gif

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like about the same as 2018 in terms of releases IMO. The difference seems to be less Wii U ports and less Labo than 2018.

Just going by memory, so I apologize if I'm missing some (or a lot):

2018:
  1. DQ Builders
  2. Bayonetta
  3. Bayonetta 2
  4. Kirby
  5. Labo 1
  6. Labo 2
  7. DK TF
  8. Hyrule Warriors DE
  9. Mario Tennis
  10. Sushi Striker
  11. Octopath
  12. Capitan Todd
  13. Labo 3
  14. Super Mario Party
  15. Pokemon LG
  16. Smash
2019:
  1. NSMBU DX
  2. Fitness Boxing
  3. Yoshi
  4. FE
  5. MUA3
  6. DXM
  7. AC
  8. Pokemon gen 8
  9. DQ Builders 2
  10. Luigi's Mansion 3
  11. Labo 4 (rumored)
  12. Emily title 1 (rumored)
  13. Emily title 2 (rumored)
  14. Emily title 3 (rumored)
  15. Emily title 4 (rumored)
  16. Emily title 5 (rumored)

So yep, unless I'm forgetting anything you're exactly right haha

Of course we can expect more than just this too, as she said, and the amount of original content seems far higher in 2019 so far.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Based on what I've heard, there are at least five 2019 Nintendo-published Switch games that haven't been announced yet. Five at the bare minimum. Which means there could potentially be more than five. At least one of those games is a Wii U port.

That's on top of what we already know for 2019: Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion 3, Fire Emblem, Yoshi's Crafted World, New Super Mario Bros U DX, Daemon x Machina, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. (Assuming none of those 2019 games get delayed to 2020).

Breath of the Wild 2
Arms 2
Super Mario Odyssey 2
1-2 Switch 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 2

Easy

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Based on what I've heard, there are at least five 2019 Nintendo-published Switch games that haven't been announced yet. Five at the bare minimum. Which means there could potentially be more than five. At least one of those games is a Wii U port.
I can find more than five and you have already hinted most of them

2d Zelda
Star Fox Grand Prix
Labo 4
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Wii U port (Super Mario 3d World / Pikmin 3)
Platinum IP

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Mario is perfect for mobile.

(I might give it a try but doubt I'll play it much. Mobile games just don't my attention for long.)

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Breath of the Wild 2
Arms 2
Super Mario Odyssey 2
1-2 Switch 2
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 2

Easy

Didn't think of this until now but If it did include BOTW2, MK8D, and SMO2. Id be super disappointed. Like, Something different and surprising is really appealing to me right now. I don't want BOTW2, SMO2 till atleast 2020.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Another mobile game, another partnership, this time with LINE.

Furukawa more and more interested to make mobile the second platform for Nintendo.

Remember this from last year

"The incoming president realizes, he said, that games-as-a-service models and mobile games are becoming increasingly important and that Nintendo isn't making as much money as it could be in those areas. "It's clear he wants to fix mobile,"

https://kotaku.com/everything-we-know-about-nintendos-next-president-1825657349

Raguy

Dec 20, 2017

2018:
  1. DQ Builders
  2. Bayonetta
  3. Bayonetta 2
  4. Kirby
  5. Labo 1
  6. Labo 2
  7. DK TF
  8. Hyrule Warriors DE
  9. Mario Tennis
  10. Sushi Striker
  11. Octopath
  12. Capitan Todd
  13. Labo 3
  14. Super Mario Party
  15. Pokemon LG
  16. Smash

As publisher in western countries, in 2018 there was also Go vacation, Fitness boxing ( Europe december release ) , The world ends with you remix.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Furukawa more and more interested to make mobile the second platform for Nintendo.

Remember this from last year

"The incoming president realizes, he said, that games-as-a-service models and mobile games are becoming increasingly important and that Nintendo isn't making as much money as it could be in those areas. "It's clear he wants to fix mobile,"

https://kotaku.com/everything-we-know-about-nintendos-next-president-1825657349

Anything to get these pesky shareholders off their backs :p

I am very curious about what Furukawa has planned in the GaaS space. I feel like that's also an area where they'd be smart to team up with someone.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Can't help but notice that people are pointing out Nintendo-developed WiiU ports for Emily's post. She states pretty clearly that one of the Nintendo-published titles is a WiiU port.

Here's a list of candidates that I can think of, not including Japan-only releases:
  • Devil's Third
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games (there's a few Mario & Sonic Olympics games, probably won't be ported)
  • Mario Sports Mix

wonderful 101 is a first party title, a Nintendo ip, not only published by them

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
As long as Nintendo keeps the same volume of traditional games they've always had, they can make as many mobile games as they want as far as I'm concerned.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I mean, it makes sense. For videogames, Nintendo has one of two options now that they've moved from a handheld and a console to one device that does both.

Either they can put all their eggs in that one basket and pray a Wii u mistake doesn't happen again, since they won't have a 3ds to use to weather the proverbial Wii U storm next time.
Or they can also make mobile titles a key part of their business so if the worst should happen and the dedicated hardware falters (or vice versa), the other can prop the business up for a few years while they course correct.

I can't imagine many good business plans doing anything but recommended the second option, and it's best to do as much to make a mobile foothold now, while Switch is on top of the world than later only in response to if things go wrong.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

• Devil's Third
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Mario Sports Mix
I think it's Wonderful 101 if it's a third-party Wii U port. Kamiya and Platinum Games really want the the game to reach a bigger audience, and Nintendo wants games to fill out its catalog. Win-win.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018

2018:
  1. DQ Builders
  2. Bayonetta
  3. Bayonetta 2
  4. Kirby
  5. Labo 1
  6. Labo 2
  7. DK TF
  8. Hyrule Warriors DE
  9. Mario Tennis
  10. Sushi Striker
  11. Octopath
  12. Capitan Todd
  13. Labo 3
  14. Super Mario Party
  15. Pokemon LG
  16. Smash
2019:
  1. NSMBU DX
  2. Fitness Boxing
  3. Yoshi
  4. FE
  5. MUA3
  6. DXM
  7. AC
  8. Pokemon gen 8
  9. DQ Builders 2
  10. Luigi's Mansion 3
  11. Labo 4 (rumored)
  12. Emily title 1 (rumored)
  13. Emily title 2 (rumored)
  14. Emily title 3 (rumored)
  15. Emily title 4 (rumored)
  16. Emily title 5 (rumored)

So yep, unless I'm forgetting anything you're exactly right haha

Of course we can expect more than just this too, as she said, and the amount of original content seems far higher in 2019 so far.

replace bayonetta 1 with xenoblade 2: torna the golden country

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope we get some Switch news out of this meeting. I know it's a broken record and it's complaining, but that mobile announcement seems weird paired with the string of bad Switch news (Metroid, slow Q1, etc). I just want more Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.