• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I now need to shift my top priority free time mental focus to politics since the dem primary

And queen nancy pelosi limiting the damage of trump is of major intrest

Alos got an hour of steven universe on monday

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Indies are smartphone games. Other games between them and AAA announced for Switch Q1 are regular/poor quality. For example, Travis' reviews say that it's such a lineal game.

hqdefault.jpg

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nope

So april will be nothing
May nothing
June nothing
July nothing
August nothing
September fire emblem
October nothing
November pokemon
December animal crossing
January 2020 nothing
Febuary 2020 nothing
March 2020 luigis mansion 3

Almost all insiders say this year will be third parties year on Switch. That schedule is believable, but expect lots of third party ports to fill those gaps.

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
That's an extremely insulting thing to say. Imagine if you were an independent developer reading this post.
I've worked in a french development team before and we're aware of that. Most indie games can run on smartphones (as well as they do in consoles) but big systems such as Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft give them popularity and make them afford the costs. And that's a fact.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Hey Arena of Valor was a smartphone game, and played it more in the year than any other game. So I'm good with some "smartphone games".

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
People are overreacting, but everyone shooting back with the "it's only X month" "just wait for X" is the exact same thing that happened in 2018 and the people saying Nintendo's output was light ended up being right. I'm just saying.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't make sense to have no Direct in January unless more first-party games are announced in other ways, which would be strange. However, I do trust zell so we'll see.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
I've worked in a french development team before and we're aware of that. Most indie games can run on smartphones (as well as they do in consoles) but big systems such as Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft give them popularity and make them afford the costs. And that's a fact.
so what you're saying is a game is only as valuable as its base specs

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
People are overreacting, but everyone shooting back with the "it's only X month" "just wait for X" is the exact same thing that happened in 2018 and the people saying Nintendo's output was light ended up being right. I'm just saying.
A lot of people don't like when you say that Nintendo first party output from Q1-Q3 2018 was weak. Even though that's what happened

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
User warned: Trolling.

Be careful bro, people will kill you because they seem to be working at Nintendo and even if they dont listen to us, customers, or dont release any relevant Game for 4 months it's ok, because it's Nintendo and they are great.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
What worries me most is, Fire Emblem: Three Houses supposed to come out in Spring 2019 but I don't know anything about the game itself. We've seen some gameplay footage (with worrying framerate problems) but nothing else. I am starting to think it'll be delayed till late summer or early fall.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Good luck playing a precision platformer like Celeste on a smartphone. Or a game like Hollow Knight.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
What worries me most is, Fire Emblem: Three Houses supposed to come out in Spring 2019 but I don't know anything about the game itself. We've seen some gameplay footage (with worrying framerate problems) but nothing else. I am starting to think it'll be delayed till late summer or early fall.

Frame rate issues in a trailer for a game nearly a year away from release?!? Why I never!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool frame rate for a trailer 8 months ago...and Nintendo on top of that.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
I think Fire Emblem concerns are still a little premature to be honest, but, it has been delayed once already and with seemingly no update in January and a Spring release window to hit, I can understand fans getting impatient... If news comes in February, or even March actually, that's still enough of a marketing window for a May or June release. We just have to wait it out on this one and trust them to deliver the goods.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Super mario party will hopefully have a sequal with much more content like boards in 2020

Pokemon lets go will have a sequal with litterally 100s of times of more content in like 800 more pokemon a year later so thats weird

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Why do y'all constantly need some Direct to drop out of the sky to satiate you? There were like 500+ games released on Switch last year, from AAA to indie and beyond, that you more than likely didn't get to. Just chill. And maybe play one of those in the meantime! Or play Onimusha. Or do something else entirely.

I cant stand people clapping to Nintendo. YOU'RE CLIENTS, we want feedback, stop acting as if you were working for them. Otherway, they'll always be laughing at us.
Gamer controversy?

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
So, the direct is still soon but probably not this month? And we are getting a Nindies one next week?. Doesn't sound bad.

I wonder what made Nintendo decide to wait though, it's not like they don't have stuff to show.

Carbone

Oct 27, 2017
That's an extremely insulting thing to say. Imagine if you were an independent developer reading this post.

Since when « smartphone games » is an insult ?
Imagine if you were a smartphone game developer and reading this post !

Wether it's on a high end PC or a Nokia3310, a game is still a game and shouldn't be judged on the platform it runs on.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Why do y'all constantly need some Direct to drop out of the sky to satiate you? There were like 500+ games released on Switch last year, from AAA to indie and beyond, that you more than likely didn't get to. Just chill. And maybe play one of those in the meantime! Or play Onimusha. Or do something else entirely.

Gamer controversy?
There was no general direct in October november or december

So i have no idea how expecting a January direct is a constant thing we do evrey month

Christo750

May 10, 2018
There was no general direct in October november or december

So i have no idea how expecting a January direct is a constant thing we do evrey month
Didn't say every month. But it has been every January.

And around the time of Direct hype, it's like the air is sucked out of the room. meanwhile, there's plenty of shit to actually play right now.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
Frame rate issues in a trailer for a game nearly a year away from release?!? Why I never!
Cool frame rate for a trailer 8 months ago...and Nintendo on top of that.

I should've phrased it better. What I meant to say is we had a gameplay for a game that will come out 1 year later, which is pretty promising and framerate issues can be fixed within this period. Knowing nothing about a game which has already a gameplay is the part that worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.