• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy, and it's only the 16th day of the year 2019.

I'm not expecting people to be patient, just keep the conclusion jumping ... no ... conclusion LEAPING to a minimum. Nintendo does what Nintendo wants and when Nintendo wants.

No wonder that many leakers/insiders stopped giving out infos. ^^

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, and it's only the 16th day of the year 2019.

I'm not expecting people to be patient, just keep the conclusion jumping ... no ... conclusion LEAPING to a minimum. Nintendo does what Nintendo wants and when Nintendo wants.

No wonder that many leakers/insiders stopped giving out infos. ^^
I mean people said in 2018 to keep waiting for the big direct that will have crazy reveals to be fair.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
So much Doom 16 days into the year...

The Direct will come and everything will be fine (for like two weeks and then the Doom will come back, most likely)

The reason is becuase fire emblem is delayed until september

This year is going to be nothing after yoshi until september

Fire emblem then

October animal crossing
November pokemon

December a port

And then march 2020 sill be luigis mansion 3

Get ready for this year to suck
🙄

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
You guys are crazy if you think FE is gonna be a September game. July at the latest, WW. Nintendo is gonna have a game every 2 months or so:
March-Yoshi
May-Animal Crossing
July-Fire Emblem
September-Luigi's Mansion
November-Pokemon

That is an excellent line up, I don't see the need to freak out. If anything, the later a general direct drops, the more likely its going to also contain the revision announcement. This is good.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
But they have several (good) third parties. Cannot say the same with Nintendo. AAA come from them.

We don't know how good they are as they haven't released yet. Why are we always so concerned with AAA games? There are other games out there that can be just as enjoyable, if not moreso.

Either way, having a direct tomorrow or in around 3 weeks was not substantially going to change Nintendo's Q1 anyway.

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
This generalised anger is because of Nintendo's treatment to all of us. The only news we've had since september 2018 was Yoshi's date.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
You guys are crazy if you think FE is gonna be a September game. July at the latest, WW. Nintendo is gonna have a game every 2 months or so:
March-Yoshi
May-Animal Crossing
July-Fire Emblem
September-Luigi's Mansion
November-Pokemon

That is an excellent line up, I don't see the need to freak out. If anything, the later a general direct drops, the more likely its going to also contain the revision announcement. This is good.
Nope

So april will be nothing
May nothing
June nothing
July nothing
August nothing
September fire emblem
October nothing
November pokemon
December animal crossing
January 2020 nothing
Febuary 2020 nothing
March 2020 luigis mansion 3

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
They won't wait til april to reveal Pokémon. A new gen is generally revealed in January/February. They want enough time to market the next gen (assuming a release date in November). If no Pokémon direct is coming in January, it will probably come early February. A Nintendo direct may come anytime after that (I am thinking Early March).
Yep, this is a really good point too. Seems to me, if we go with logic on each title, then the announcements simply don't all fit in the place that logic dictates they would be! Pokemon Direct could come in the same month as a Nintendo Direct... but it seems unnecessary when they've, presumably, left January empty?
January = Nindies, February = General (with big sections for Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing), March = Pokemon. It seems a bit too crazy for them to put Pokemon, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem info dumps out all in the same month... surely something has to give?

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Nope

So april will be nothing
May nothing
June nothing
July nothing
August nothing
September fire emblem
October nothing
November pokemon
December animal crossing
January 2020 nothing
Febuary 2020 nothing
March 2020 luigis mansion 3
Yeah, this makes A LOT of sense!

images

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
We don't know how good they are as they haven't released yet. Why are we always so concerned with AAA games? There are other games out there that can be just as enjoyable, if not moreso.

Either way, having a direct tomorrow or in around 3 weeks was not substantially going to change Nintendo's Q1 anyway.

Cause we, as consumers, dont buy a 320$ device for playing smartphone games. Since big third companies such as Square Enix (with its biggest games, DQXI not dated, KHIII, FFXV) or Rockstar (RDR2, GTAV) dont bet on Switch, we got to conform with Nintendo's titles (first party AAAs). It means that I'm not gonna stay quiet.

Addition: We are also paying for a poor online service.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I mean people said in 2018 to keep waiting for the big direct that will have crazy reveals to be fair.

They revealed AC, Smash, showed FE in the E³ Direct ... there certainly were big reveals, just not packed into one Direct.

You could almost say the TGAs were a "Direct-lite" due to MK XI and Marvel Ultimate Alliance ... those certainly were crazy reveals.

;]

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Cause we, as consumers, dont buy a 320$ device for playing smartphone games. Since big third companies such as Square Enix (with its biggest games, DQXI not dated, KHIII, FFXV) or Rockstar (RDR2, GTAV) dont bet on Switch, we got to conform with Nintendo's titles (first party AAAs). It means that I'm not gonna stay quiet.

Ah, you're concern trolling, nevermind.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
You're forgetting MUA3.
That game may as well be yoshi tier based on the mindless gameplay of the first 2

Its really not my thing

I prefer either fighting games

Or action adventure when it comes to marvel

And a proper acrion adventure game is practically impossibe to do and have Evrey marvel character ever playable

So i understand why the gameplay is the way it is

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

There is an enormous gap between "smartphone games" and "the biggest AAA games". Like, thousands of games fall into that gap. Hundreds of games releasing yearly fall into that gap.

It's frankly a bit insulting to imply that anything that isn't a huge AAA game is a smartphone game.

Are we expecting an announcement of a direct today?

Read the room.

(No)

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
I cant stand people clapping to Nintendo. YOU'RE CLIENTS, we want feedback, stop acting as if you were working for them. Otherway, they'll always be laughing at us.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda figured once we got the games without a direct couple weeks back we may not get a direct this month. Oh well, no biggie. I rather be surprised by a direct than have one expected.

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
User Warned - Inflammatory Generalizations
There is an enormous gap between "smartphone games" and "the biggest AAA games". Like, thousands of games fall into that gap. Hundreds of games releasing yearly fall into that gap.

It's frankly a bit insulting to imply that anything that isn't a huge AAA game is a smartphone game.

Read the room.

(No)

Indies are smartphone games. Other games between them and AAA announced for Switch Q1 are regular/poor quality. For example, Travis' reviews say that it's such a lineal game.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
I cant stand people clapping to Nintendo. YOU'RE CLIENTS, we want feedback, stop acting as if you were working for them. Otherway, they'll always be laughing at us.
Being realistic and not becoming overly emotionally invested in the software lineup of a single gaming company is not "clapping to Nintendo."

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's definitely understandable for people to be disappointed by Q1 (Nintendo did suggest there'd be a big game every month and February currently has nothing outside of Ace Attorney and Steins;Gate, which are awesome but also ports of relatively niche games). But extending that disappointment to the rest of 2019 is a bit silly and premature

We already know this year has Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, a whole buncha Final Fantasies, and who knows how many indies that'll surprise people (like Celeste and Undertale did in prior years). IIRC we should learn more about mobile Mario Kart before March, too. Not to mention Joker and Piranha Plant.

It's always a bit frustrating when Nintendo is cagey, but these days you just have to accept they announce things 3-6 months in advance of release, with only a rare few games getting more than that. They'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.