• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
This.

Most AC fans don't want a revolutionary Animal Crossing Game, we don't want a huge change to the core Gameplay but that doesn't mean we can't get excited and hyped over hearing news about the upcoming Game. There is a lot of fun to be had in small gameplay tweaks, new additions & quality of life changes in a Life Sim series like Animal Crossing.

plus, we've waited long enough, all we have gotten is less than great (putting it nicely) spin-offs like Amiibo Festival, and a mobile Game ridden with micro-transactions.

Let us live.

Nobody's asking for a revolutionary AC. All I'm asking for the game to live up to its promises and I'm really surprised I'm alone on this. "You can build lots of things in your town!" should mean exactly what it reads, no need for fine prints saying "you might have to wait for a very long time to get what you want". If I want to build pyramids on my town I should be able to do that after I paid for it. There's even no grinding for it like you grind to pay off your mortgage, just pure luck.

mera

Oct 2, 2018
playing my switch
Nobody's asking for a revolutionary AC. All I'm asking for the game to live up to its promises and I'm really surprised I'm alone on this. "You can build lots of things in your town!" should mean exactly what it reads, no need for fine prints saying "you might have to wait for a very long time to get what you want". If I want to build pyramids on my town I should be able to do that after I paid for it. There's even no grinding for it like you grind to pay off your mortgage, just pure luck.
Are you referring to Public Work Projects? if so then I agree it was annoying to base it on pure luck, and hopefully the next instalment allows us to place PWP where we desire. but the whole 'waiting' aspect of Animal Crossing is part of what makes it so special imo, it takes time for us to build our towns and get them to look the way that we want, makes the player feel accomplished.

but I am on board with tweaks they should consider for the next game such as allowing us to choose where we place our PWP, or allowing us to choose where villagers place their homes, and furniture customisation etc so we'll have to see if that's planned for the next Game.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
He's right. We really need Animal Crossing of the Wild. Imagine how yummy a Tom Nook, Isabelle, 3 apples and salmon will taste when cooked together.
Mashed Isabelle :(

Dw2Uvu8UUAAdAeJ.jpg

Nov 3, 2017

I'm an advocate of Nintendo adopting the Minecraft approach for Animal Crossing. Players start a normal town and play normally (think of this as survival mode) and when certain conditions, they unlock an empty plot of land. This land can be used for whatever purpose the player desires and is wholly separate from their main town. This would be akin to creative mode and would let players do what they want without restrictions. They would then be able to share this using the Dream Town system

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Yeah.. Don't get me wrong Hollow Knight 2 or Adventures of Hornet is what I'm looking forward to.. I just think they'd do a re-imagining of Metroid that would knock it out of the park
Instead of fusion mode the hardest difficulty is Hollow mode where you get your arse handed to you by every enemy and you'll never beat a boss first try. Seriously though, I'd be so down for that, Hollow Knight is a masterpiece I think they'd do a great job with Metroid.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
It could be any number of reasons, of course, but it certainly appears that things went more quiet after the Yoshi date got revealed in a tweet. Whether that was Nintendo's plan all along or not, unless you knew that specifically was their plan, you'd surely be a bit cautious now as it suggests that their immediate announcement plans may have changed.

I'm certainly intrigued to see what gets announced in January that meant Yoshi needed a tweet to reveal its date. In my mind it strongly suggests that any January Direct would be dedicated to a single title. Pokemon has been downplayed by a lot of people, so that makes me think Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing.

SNES arriving alongside NES Online in February is a nice thought to help appease the seemingly missing February release.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
The thing is usually directs are on Thursdays and usually they are announced 24 hours before the the event.

so I believe if there is any kind of direct this week it will be revelead on Wednesday.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you getting so hyped about Animal Crossing? The least game to be hyped about. Probably will have minimal amount of new features. It's still going to be same old weed picking, shell collecting, early Sunday morning waking time waster.

Man, I remember how I was disappointed with New Leaf. The game didn't live up to initial promise. They had promised us to create and modify furnitures. It turned out we could do that only 3% of the total furniture in the game. They promised us to be the mayor of our town and do whatever we please to do. It turned out that all we could do was put Sphinxes or wind tribune on empty spots. And we could do that only if someone in our town asked for. It took days even weeks for someone to ask for anything. Aaaand socks.

Not getting fooled in again.
TLDR: Why are you all getting so happy while I remain miserable

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
I see that a lot of people feel like Animal Crossing is going to be a Summer release, or at least a title that lands before what looks like a really busy Autumn. So, given that we've had no details on the title to date, and given the Yoshi release date tweet, anyone expecting it to be an Animal Crossing Direct in January? (And if the "2 Directs" turns out to be anything, then Mario Kart mobile as many suggested?)

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I like that we can approximate an Animal Crossing release window based entirely on the fact it'd be really weird for them to launch it in the most limited season (winter). Even fall would be kinda weird, due to it not "popping" to the extent Spring and Summer do, though it will hopefully look absolutely gorgeous, just going by the autumnal Mario Kart 8 track

latest

I'm hoping for a July release just so I can see my birthday in-game

(also looking at the houses on hills in that screenshot makes me REALLY hope they bring back more varied village geometry rather than a flat plane)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think it'd be weird to launch Animal Crossing in the winter. Summer seems so much better. That's why I have it as July.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Here it goes!

giphy.gif

e208e042638f3a531e225521706e0e2a8c1eeb72_hq.gif
75de7ad6a69cf33f689bffba56e2ee514dfd9366_00.gif

Hopefully this'll help summon a Pokémon direct unveiling the 2019 Pokémon Nintendo Switch Gen 8 games for this week or this month.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Reset the Clock guys!
Hopefully. It's a Pokémon direct so that we can get the Home Console quality mainline Pokémon games we've been asking for.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
I'm a fucking magic porridge pot of hype right now . Nintendo better do something or I'm gonna cover the whole town in oats.. srsly

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrow has like a 60% for the announcement. Wednesday it's 100% for the announcement. Thank god it's almost over.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Jonneh. What if big Otter stuff happened at a time a direct would 100 percent not happen

Like a video of a otter juggling pokeballs comes out in july

I mean as an otter enthuised you have to share it

But then people will think there is a general direct coming less then a month after e3

I also don't know how often big Otter stuff happens

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I agree should be a direct this week. A certain on going event makes me very hopeful for. Fantastic Four in marvel ultimate alliance 3 announcement (and more details in general too like a release date)

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Am I going to lose another week or productivity to unfounded direct hype?

Yes. Yes I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.