• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Someone tweeted this earlier today, was corrected, but left the tweet up and only clarified in a sub tweet because of the traction their main tweet was getting.

They eventually deleted it, but misinformation spreads like wildfire because people don't fact check.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

grand

Oct 25, 2017
It started in 2018 I believe and no one has any idea IIRC.
The two most likely theories were:

A.) Some (non-western or non-Japanese) community got offended by SMT's portrayal of religion and review bombed everything related in the summer of 2018, or...

B.) The series was arbitrarily chosen to test out a review bombing bot

Considering the lack of foreign reviews and how the Persona series has uniquely recovered, option B is most likely.

Oct 26, 2017
That's... Strange. It usually takes a group effort to successfully review bomb so surely someone must have some idea what's going on?

I'm almost certainly going to at least get SMT3 and maybe 5 if it turns out well. These announcements are of more interest to me then basically anything Nintendo likely has cooking (outside of Metroid and F-Zero).

No, it doesn't take a group effort. One infamous former Era poster was so mad that a game "disrespected" his waifu that he reviewed bombed it down from an 8 to a 2 or something by himself.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm amused at the response being that it was review bombed a year ago.

Nintendo fans review bombed a franchise on metacritic (lol) but it's ok cause it happened a while back.

If you change the title to "after X reason", how is that any better again?
Literally the last mention of this game was from 2017. Absolutely zero correlation with Nintendo fans (or anything in with the games or any platforms particular).

Either someone vehemently disliked Atlus' policies or they were bored and tested out a bot.

Kodaman

Oct 27, 2017
d8c.gif

ChunkyChowder

Oct 25, 2017
lol why are SMT fans taking disappointment with the direct as some sort of attack on the series? To the point where they make shit up like this.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being such a petulant child that you make up BS to slam other people because... *checks notes* you're a petulant child.

If you think I'm making fun of Khanimus, I'm definitely not, but I will definitely make fun of fanboys that actually do get angry when they hype themselves up for something and bitch and complain when it doesn't happen. It's the same for when the state of plays happen

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
If you think I'm making fun of Khanimus, I'm definitely not, but I will definitely make fun of fanboys that actually do get angry when they hype themselves up for something and bitch and complain when it doesn't happen. It's the same for when the state of plays happen
That's all well and good, but that's not what's happening in this case?

Deleted member 32106

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
But this case is fake news?

Status
Not open for further replies.