• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
ADD pc ver. change source from Nintendo everything to gemastu

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Hope this one runs higher than 15fps with the flashlight on. Ended up not buying the Vita version because of that.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
How do the Corpse Party games compare to something like Death Mark? I've never touched the series and currently playing through DM (and loving it).

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Now Nintendo only owners can "enjoy" the end of a trilogy that makes no fucking sense!

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only Blood Drive? The story isn't exactly something you can just jump into without playing the others first.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Why even release this without the others in the series? What's the recommended play order for these?

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
Sold my Vita copy that I never finished when the PC port was announced.

Even with its reputation, I'd still like to play it

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i wish the other two games would get ported as well. i played and loved the first one on PSP, but never got around to playing book of shadows.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
XSEED could've ported great Corpse Party games to the Switch, but then they decided to go with Blood Drive.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did XSEED actually port this themselves?(or at least contract it)

Oct 26, 2017
This was rated for Switch a whole year ago. Why did it take so long for them to finally release this? Hopefully this means that they are finally going to start releasing Switch ports regularly like they are on PC. Well, that is if they are the ones who made this happen in the first place and it wasn't just a stealth port by 5pb/GrisGris in Japan. There's like a dozen Falcon game they can port. Hopefully again this is the start towards those happening.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
This was rated for Switch a whole year ago. Why did it take so long for them to finally release this? Hopefully this means that they are finally going to start releasing Switch ports regularly like they are on PC. Well, that is if they are the ones who made this happen in the first place and it wasn't just a stealth port by 5pb/GrisGris in Japan. There's like a dozen Falcon game they can port. Hopefully again this is the start towards those happening.

Im assuming Dev time.

They needed to make TOOOOONS of optimization for Blood drive at least since at times the game ran sub 10 FPS and had crippling sound, crashing, clipping and texture errors out the wazoo. It was also made with Unity for a system that wasnt capable of using the engine properly.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Don't have an answer, but I'm quoting this cause I'm wondering the same exact thing.

It's similar in a way. Whereas the first two games have a heavy GBA inspired chibi art look to them (the original was made in RPG maker)

Very Visual novel centric with key choices offering bad ends, good ends and whatnot. The characters are your common anime tropes, but they work nicely in terms of the story and plot.

Corpse Party 1 is the strongest title by far, and can be played standalone while ignoring the rest of the games. It's very well written, and very well paced game with lots of gut wrenching moments and some highly disturbing content. The setup of the "school" they are trapped in is also very unique and is a key component of what the later games follow.

Corpse Party 2 is not a sequel in a traditional way...its more of an expansion of the first game, giving you an insight in correalting events happening along side the events from the first game and expanding on the story and characters in interesting ways and basically one long set up for Blood drive.

Blood drive is the final entry in the "First chapter" of Corpse party. And it does a good job IMHO of bringing all the elements of the first two games together and meshing them into a cohesive plot.

Note: The actual Corpse Party 2 takes place AFTER the events of Blood drive which was released on PC a while ago...but will be getting an "Official release" later.

Basically if you liked Death Mark...you will definitely enjoy Corpse Party, however without all the translations issues I encountered in DM (there are alot)

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I might mix up games here, but wasn't Corpse Party borderline hentai/pedobait and banned while we were at the old place? Am I making this up? I'm so confused.

Edit just in case, I'm being absolutely honest here, this is not a troll. I could have sworn it's one of "those" Vita games.

Edit 2 am I thinking of Criminal Girls?

Oct 26, 2017
I might mix up games here, but wasn't Corpse Party borderline hentai/pedobait and banned while we were at the old place? Am I making this up? I'm so confused.

Edit just in case, I'm being absolutely honest here, this is not a troll. I could have sworn it's one of "those" Vita games.

I think you're thinking of Dungeons Travelers 2 on Vita which very much was banned for those reasons.

Edit: Criminal Girls too and would be a better comparison I guess since isn't that also horror-themed?

Last edited:

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017

You're probably thinking of Criminal Girls, Corpse Party was definitely not banned and it started as a doujin PC game initially before moving to PSP.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017

You're probably thinking of another game.

The character art "styles" are very generic in terms of most VNs, but it uses them well. The third game "blood drive" has some questionable outfits for two characters but besides that, nothing really similar

Does blood drive have the butter pooper as well?

Thats the first game.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They should have done the first two games instead. Blood Drive was terrible, performance and narrative wise

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Still wondering whether xseed is actually going to release Dead Patient this year or ever?

XSEED could've ported great Corpse Party games to the Switch, but then they decided to go with Blood Drive.
Pretty much this. I stopped playing at a point where you were trapped in a room with a giant poop while annoying carnival music played loudly in the background. True terror right there...

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they port the entire series, alongise the PC version of the original game. The first one was truly scary.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Saw this dropped today, didn't realize it was announced beforehand. I never finished it on Vita, I wonder if the performance is good.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
Blood Drive makes me extremely angry. It is a terrible game and one of the most disappointing conclusions to a trilogy/series I have seen. It is good in no way. It is not scary, had atrocious performance/load times, and it does a huge disservice to the narrative/story. Even the mostly visual novel Book of Shadows is much better. This is the Zero Time Dilemma of the Corpse Party series, but much much worse. ZTD was disappointing but not that bad. This is just disappointing and very bad. The story is an insult. Games usually do not provoke this much of a reaction out of me - this is how much I disliked the game.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
As noted in this thread, this game is absolute trash. Buy the first game and Book of Shadows if you have the hardware for them instead. Don't waste your money.

Blood Drive makes me extremely angry. It is a terrible game and one of the most disappointing conclusions to a trilogy/series I have seen. It is good in no way. It is not scary, had atrocious performance/load times, and it does a huge disservice to the narrative/story. Even the mostly visual novel Book of Shadows is much better. This is the Zero Time Dilemma of the Corpse Party series, but much much worse. ZTD was disappointing but not that bad. This is just disappointing and very bad. The story is an insult. Games usually do not provoke this much of a reaction out of me - this is how much I disliked the game.
ZTD is a masterpiece compared to this.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
lol I didn't realize Corpse Party was a trilogy, I always thought it was just the one game.