• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That FETH position is quite strong, should suggest a big digital share for the title compared to other Nintendo first party titles released this year.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
-Smash's success continues to be insane and shows no signs of slowing down with more DLC on the horizon
-Happy to see Cuphead deservedly doing so well and I hope that means Microsoft will do more ports
- Press F for Astral Chain and DQ11 bomba

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of surprises there, and paints the right picture of the Switch being such a fun platform

I guess Microsoft must be ecstatic. Now bring over Halo!

I imagine Microsoft didnt get anything from Cuphead on Switch?

Its self-published and the property is owned by MDHR

Looks like most people dont realize that Cuphead isnt an XGS game

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of surprises there, and paints the right picture of the Switch being such a fun platform

I imagine Microsoft didnt get anything from Cuphead on Switch?

Its self-published and the property is owned by MDHR

Looks like most people dont realize that Cuphead isnt an XGS game
I knew it wasn't XGS though I assumed they got something from it. But I was mostly referencing Minecraft. It's been at the top of the charts for like three years straight.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
-Smash's success continues to be insane and shows no signs of slowing down with more DLC on the horizon
-Happy to see Cuphead deservedly doing so well and I hope that means Microsoft will do more ports
- Press F for Astral Chain and DQ11 bomba

Those two games were unlikely to make a list like this.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
This list is revenue based, not units based, that's why Fortnite is there.
I don't believe its revenue based. It is unit based, but battle passes and season passes count as their own units cause there is no shot in hell Untitle Goose Game sold 3x the amount of digital copies as Pokemon Sword. Idc if it's split up with Shield and the double pack, there's no way Untitled Goose Game sold 3x as much which it would need to in order to surpass it on revenue chart

VICTORsaurio

Mar 10, 2018
Happily surprised at Untitled Goose Game and Cuphead being so high!

Congrats to both teams, well deserved.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's by unit sales actually:

EMlMuWoU4AAsh3l

Also yeah it should be across NA as here in Canada it looks the same.

Something doesn't add up, because the only F2P games on that list are Fortnite and Warframe whereas there are loads of F2P games on Switch and they're always at the top or very near the top.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Regarding 1st party games, you can notice easily the effect that the end of the vouchers programm had.
Can we? I mean, SMM2 is ahead of LM3 and TLOZ, but only a few places, which could still correspond with the gap in sales between them I think. Fire Emblem looks to have had a big digital uptake for sure, but besides that one, things don't look to be too out of style imo. I do think Pokémon might indicate something to that extent - however, it's split between different skus, and total sales should be notably bigger than NSMBUDX but not to the extent that the difference indicated is unexpected (NSMBUDX did over 1.5M in the US by the end of November already, so it's no slouch in terms of sales).

The voucher program ended on July 31st ( I believe), but the vouchers can be used up to a year after purchase, so the voucher effect does not really need to be dwindling for games released a few months after that date. As we approach the halfeay point of 2020, the vouchers will start to expire, so that's when the effect will quickly wear off I think, with a slow and steady decline in the months leading up to that (as people's vouchers are being used up).

Last edited: