• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Simply going by this being the "Legendary Edition", I'm gonna say yes it does. Nintendo site description:
If you look at CD Key's description of the same, they've taken out:
  • Redeemable code for Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership 3-month subscription (Terms apply.)
from their list of contents.

Get your instant download with CDKeys.com

Overwatch Legendary Edition includes the base game and expansion packs.
  • Base game[/SIZE]
  • 5 Legendary Hero Skins
  • 5 Epic Hero Skins
  • 5 Origin Hero Skins
  • And more!

I wouldn't be surprised if they're selling it without any extra code, thus the discount.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep flipping over to my Wishlist to buy something even though I have a dozen games just on Switch to burn through before I should buy anything.

On the plus side by the time I'm finished my backlog it'll be a few months and maybe Ori and Ace Attorney Trilogy will be on sale.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm halfway through World of Final Fantasy, won Okami in a giveaway and just bought Final Fantasy X/X-2 on sale. While the hell am I looking at the FFVII store page right now?

Could be worse. You could be looking at games that aren't even on sale that you won't play for at least a month like me.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Fire Emblem Three Houses and TMS are both fantastic. Having played XC and XCX I'm sure XC2 is as well but I have only played 10 hours of it so I don't know if it will be my or yours cup of tea. But those are good starting points.

Based on your criteria I would recommend Golf Story, Mario + Rabbids and Untitled Goose Game. Then there's also the definitive edition of Xenoblade Chronicles next year which will be great I'm sure along with obviously Animal Crossing.

The World Ends With you is also great but I dunno if this version of it is the best since I haven't played it but the DS version was definitely worth playing.
Golf Story,it is on sale right now

Thanks. Golf Story definately looks like something for my wife. We also saw there's a lot of visual novels, she will dig into those too.

How likely is it that Xeno2 and/or FE will be on sale for Black Friday/Christmas?

j_z

Feb 14, 2019
Thanks. Golf Story definately looks like something for my wife. We also saw there's a lot of visual novels, she will dig into those too.

How likely is it that Xeno2 and/or FE will be on sale for Black Friday/Christmas?
Xeno 2 was $35 last year at Walmart. If you are looking for a cheap copy why not ask in the Buy/Sell thread here

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
How bizarre/annoying is it that the Nintendo web store doesn't have a search function? It's so bonkers that i need to literally google games to find them quicker on the web store

Just a heads-up that the 200 item limit on the eShop Watch List is no more! Whether they've removed the cap entirely or just increased it, I'm not sure, but you can definitely add more than 300 now.

As somebody who tries to go through the new releases every week and wishlist basically anything that looks remotely interesting for future reference, this is a godsend. I'd hit the original limit a couple of months ago, but have now been able to go back through the September deluge and add everything I haven't yet bought to the list.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
oh god I'm already concerned how much money I'll have to spend yet again

September was crazy, October is going to be at least as crazy o_O

those are the most notable Switch releases in October for now:

YU-NO
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Fault Milestone One
Asphalt 9 Legends
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
Valfaris
Mary Skelter 2
Call of Cthulhu
Close to the Sun
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
Children of Morta
Planescape Torment/Icewind Dale
Baldur's Gate/Baldur's Gate 2
The Alliance Alive HD
Overwatch
Little Town Hero
RingFit Adventure
Disgaea 4 Complete Plus
NG
Ice Age
Vampyr
Mable and the Wood
Cat Quest II
A Hat in Time
Resident Evil 5/6
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD
WRC8
The Witcher 3 Complete Edition
Raging Loop
Doraemon Story of Seasons
Harvest Moon: Mad Dash
Destiny Connect: Tick-Tock Adventure
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and Lion King
Luigi's Mansion 3
Atelier Ryza

This is way too much for a single month, lol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing in that list I'm interested in is Hat In Time and I'm umming and erring on actually ever getting it, so that's a plus.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
You live in Brazil, right? Do you have their email or website?
As a Brazilian with a drifting joy con, I'm also interested, Squid Bunny . I assume you contacted these guys?

HG Digital. www.hgdigital.com.br/rma/nintendo

However, I didn't even use the site though since I live nearby. I left my joycons tehre on August 8th. By the 12th they were fixed.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
  • What's up with the new Super Monkey Ball being forty god-damned dollars?
  • Does Doraemon Story of Seasons have an actual release date? I can't find one. I thought it was supposed to be the 11th or something, but can't seem to find anything.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Story of Seasons is good right? Is this the series made by the same folks that made the old Harvest Moon games, and not the newer ones?

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Would grab some of the Pinball FX3 tables but I'm not sure they're really good tables (already have Aliens and Bethesda)

FWIW, having played a lot of Star Wars Pinball lately (it's brilliant!), I just booted up FX3 to see if it was any improvements made to it since last time I played it. But it's still the same slow UI and long loading times as before. The difference between FX3 and Star Wars Pinball is huge from a QOL perspective, even though it's the same pinball engine as the base. Star Wars Pinball feels like one generation later.