• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
Iconoclasts is on sale for $12.

Is it worth it? Does it run well? In the OT I saw a few people say it does but I wanted second set of opinions.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Iconoclasts is on sale for $12.

Is it worth it? Does it run well? In the OT I saw a few people say it does but I wanted second set of opinions.
Yeah it runs without issue. I played it last year and while I expected to like it more than I did, I still think it's worth playing if it looks interesting to you. That seems like a good price.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Time to buy, DOOM and DOOM II updates are out for the music and lighting improvements.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, this might make me delay my DQ purchase considering I won't get to it.

FF IX, Slay the Spire, Collection of Mana, Monster Boy all at decent discounts... man.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Great games. I wonder how it'll work without light guns on the Switch.
There's the labo VR blaster but that might be overkill (jerking your head around just to shoot on a static screen would get old fast, i think). I don't think you can just use the IR on the joycon without some kind of sensor like the wii had. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright I've got 100 in credit and my eyes on these.

Phoenix Wright Trilogy - $40

Yooka Laylee - $25

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - $37

Fight N' Rage - $25

Ori and the Blind Forest - $25

Sayonara Wild Hearts - $16

Masters of Anima - $10

So far the only one I'm really interested in is Monster Boy, and I have the demo downloaded. It's also been a long ass time since I've touched Phoenix Wright and I want to return to it.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I've got 100 in credit and my eyes on these.

Phoenix Wright Trilogy - $40

Yooka Laylee - $25

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - $37

Fight N' Rage - $25

Ori and the Blind Forest - $25

Sayonara Wild Hearts - $16

Masters of Anima - $10

So far the only one I'm really interested in is Monster Boy, and I have the demo downloaded. It's also been a long ass time since I've touched Phoenix Wright and I want to return to it.
Definitely Ori for one. I enjoyed Phoenix Wright, but I could not get through all three in a row. I played the first one and put it down for months before getting to the next one.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Ori for one. I enjoyed Phoenix Wright, but I could not get through all three in a row. I played the first one and put it down for months before getting to the next one.

I should probably play the Ori demo I got too now that I think about it.

And yeah I wouldn't play Phoenix Wright all in one go since that's three VNs while I still haven't beat VA11-HALLA, which is probably an indication I should focus on the one instead of buying another one that isn't even on sale.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I should probably play the Ori demo I got too now that I think about it.

And yeah I wouldn't play Phoenix Wright all in one go since that's three VNs while I still haven't beat VA11-HALLA, which is probably an indication I should focus on the one instead of buying another one that isn't even on sale.
Dude. VA-11 HALL-A was way better then Phoenix Wright. Get on that.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Nice, Rabi-Ribi is finally coming out on Switch. One of my favorite games I have on Steam. I will have to double dip eventually.

If you like bullet-hell and Metroidvanias, don't sleep on it. In my eyes, it's on par with Hollow Knight, despite the atmosphere and art lacking in comparison. The boss fights are just so fun to die on repeatedly and eventually overcome them.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, Rabi-Ribi is finally coming out on Switch. One of my favorite games I have on Steam. I will have to double dip eventually.

If you like bullet-hell and Metroidvanias, don't sleep on it. In my eyes, it's on par with Hollow Knight, despite the atmosphere and art lacking in comparison. The boss fights are just so fun to die on repeatedly and eventually overcome them.

*heavy breathing*

EDIT: I looked the game up and now wholly regret posting this.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Bastion + Transistor were insta buys as I wanted those deep discounts when NA got them weeks ago. As was Icey which Ive wanted on pc for ages and even there it rarely goes on sale, and lastly Gorogoa which I hear is fantastic but short, so 50% off is the right price for it.

The rest will take some pondering as most of the discounts are low.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee

really shockingly great game I have onPS4, but I ran into an issue. The way you change difficulty in game is strange and I accidentally hit a button that lowered the difficulty and did not mean to, and then found out you can't raise it again after lowering it. So hours into the game I was stuck with a joke easy difficulty that sapped all the fun. I can't remember the specifics but it was way too easy to change and either the button prompts for it were confusing or it was worded oddly. So great game but BE careful when on any screen that has option to lower/increase difficulty!!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Bastion + Transistor were insta buys as I wanted those deep discounts when NA got them weeks ago. As was Icey which Ive wanted on pc for ages and even there it rarely goes on sale, and lastly Gorogoa which I hear is fantastic but short, so 50% off is the right price for it.

The rest will take some pondering as most of the discounts are low.
I bought Transistor during that sale. Bastion, I've already played several times on several platforms, so I'm done with that one.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
really shockingly great game I have onPS4, but I ran into an issue. The way you change difficulty in game is strange and I accidentally hit a button that lowered the difficulty and did not mean to, and then found out you can't raise it again after lowering it. So hours into the game I was stuck with a joke easy difficulty that sapped all the fun. I can't remember the specifics but it was way too easy to change and either the button prompts for it were confusing or it was worded oddly. So great game but BE careful when on any screen that has option to lower/increase difficulty!!
There's an NPC (Skullo) that asks if you want to lower the difficulty. I don't remember if there's any other places to do that.

Oct 27, 2017
Hate it when this happens. With the exception of 3 games (that have all only just come out), my entire wish list is on sale right now.

Does anyone have any particular burning opinions - positive or negative - on the below?;

- Flashback, as a game in general
- Crash Trilogy, as a Switch port
- Mortal Kombat 11, as a Switch port

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone please buy Wandersong, It's such a special game with a beautiful message.
Seconding this, it's also the first anniversary of the game tomorrow
YES!
It's easily one of my favorite games ever (also, one of the funniest games out there)

I'm so glad Wandersong is back on sale! I'll pick it up now but probably won't get to it till after Zelda, Luigi's Mansion and (pending reviews/impressions) Yooka-Laylee. I'm very much looking forward to playing it, though.

Last edited:

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Hate it when this happens. With the exception of 3 games (that have all only just come out), my entire wish list is on sale right now.

Does anyone have any particular burning opinions - positive or negative - on the below?;

- Flashback, as a game in general
Have you played the original Prince of Persia or Out of this World? If you have, do you like them?

Stiff, clunky, platforming. Great atmosphere. Cool locations.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad Wandersong is back on sale! I'll pick it up now but probably won't get to it till after Zelda, Luigi's Mansion and (pending reviews/impressions) Yooka-Laylee.

I looked up Wandersong and now I want to buy it but I'm vague on the gameplay. So you just walk up to people and sing to them? I'm kinda confused.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Awesome. Wonder if anyone'll compare pre-patch to post. Dark1x , any bandwidth for a video addendum? Would be great!

Since you mentioned it: Dark1x , congrats on that Doom video. The Switch Lite video by Richard was also great. You guys are truly awesome. I'll probably become a Patreon in the near future because I want you guys to get rich and make as many videos as you can ^_^

Thanks for all the great Digital Foundry stuff!

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
What are the final fantasy X and XII ports like on Switch?
Only played XII on the Switch and it's a phenomenal port. It's apparently not native res in handheld but I honestly couldn't tell since I think it's one of, if not the best looking Switch game in handheld mode.

Then there are the additions/improvements such as a respec option and the inclusion of gambit sets. With the portability aspect as well as all the improvements, it's easily the definitive version of XII IMO.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I looked up Wandersong and now I want to buy it but I'm vague on the gameplay. So you just walk up to people and sing to them? I'm kinda confused.

I'm not sure on what the gameplay is like, I think it might be an Oxenfree type game, like, narrative-based platforming with some puzzle-y platforming. It seems similar to Wuppo in style, too.

I think ghibli99 may have recommended it to me, but apologies if I'm thinking of the wrong user.

Also, regarding your above post, I know you are a big fan of Hollow Knight, so I'll just say I personally prefer Ori but they are two very different takes on the Metroidvania genre. Ori is more focused on platforming, especially setpiece platforming. There are still Metroidvania elements to it for sure, though. It's an absolutely amazing game and I love it, one of my favorite games of all time for sure, but I've seen some HK fans not be as keen on it so I'm just mentioning this so you don't expect it to be super similar to HK. I can't emphasize enough how great the game is, though. The gamefeel, presentation and soundtrack are sublime.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

It's a pretty unique game, unlike any other I've played. Extremely uplifting game. Singing is the basic mechanics and used in different ways, but the singing is also supported by visuals. It was a while since I played through it, but it had some light platforming as well, IIRC.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to the multiple replies about FINAL FANTASY port quality, XII sounds ace.
I am actually mid-way through VII at the moment and thinking of jumping to X afterwards. The sale has strengthened this thought somewhat.

I am thinking of making a thread with recommendations after completing VII (assuming I do finish it!), as it's the first FF game I've played and not sure whether to goto VIII or not.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty unique game, unlike any other I've played. Extremely uplifting game. Singing is the basic mechanics and used in different ways, but the singing is also supported by visuals. It was a while since I played through it, but it had some light platforming as well, IIRC.

Would you compare to Night in the Woods in terms of gameplay? Heavy focus on narrative with some occasional light puzzle/platforming?

I'm not sure on what the gameplay is like, I think it might be an Oxenfree type game, like, narrative-based platforming with some puzzle-y platforming. It seems similar to Wuppo in style, too.

I think ghibli99 may have recommended it to me, but apologies if I'm thinking of the wrong user.

Also, regarding your above post, I know you are a big fan of Hollow Knight, so I'll just say I personally prefer Ori but they are two very different takes on the Metroidvania genre. Ori is more focused on platforming, especially setpiece platforming. There are still Metroidvania elements to it for sure, though. It's an absolutely amazing game and I love it, one of my favorite games of all time for sure, but I've seen some HK fans not be as keen on it so I'm just mentioning this so you don't expect it to be super similar to HK. I can't emphasize enough how great the game is, though. The gamefeel, presentation and soundtrack are sublime.

Yeah I've heard really good things about Ori, just gonna give the demo a whirl to get a feel of it first.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
- Mortal Kombat 11, as a Switch port

Was on the fence on the MK11 Switch version since it came out, but it is a great port!

Not the best version, of course, but really solid!

Played through all the campaign and a dozen online matches, all without any issue and with a solid framerate!

The Crypt thing is surelly but

If you like MK, you can buy it without any fear of its quality!

edit: double post, sorry. Mobile going weirdo

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
The news feed on my switch says some pinball fx3 tables are on sale, but when I go check they aren't? Any idea what is up with that?