• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
September 20th and there are more of +60 games announced for the next month thread already. I'm going to have to open a patreon to make the thread if the eShop keep growing up to this rate. xd

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried out that Jet Kave Adventure game? And if so does it run in 60fps or 30fps? It looks really fun like a Donkey Kong Country type of game but I haven't seen too much of it but it looks really cute and fun.
Review here. They seemed to like it.

On another note, going to join in on the Sayonara Wild Hearts love fest. Really enjoying it and had to force myself not to finish it in one sitting.

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's great having Puzzle Quest again on a modern console. Curious to see the new quests and classes they added to this version. I love Gems of War as well, but original puzzle Quest is still amazing.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Oh was it? I missed it then, it was like the worst kept secret that it was coming for months on end :p
Yea that's why the announcement was more of a "yea yea we know" type of deal. We've moved on to waiting for them to confirm the Biomutant port which got leaked through either the same or a similar retailer listing as Darksiders (1+2 lol).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Quick first impressions on Link:

- Cute as fuck. Also gorgeous, but apparently some people thing its ugly so /shrug.
- Frame drops are VERY real and VERY jarring. You go from 60 to 30 to 60 again when transitioning to new zones or when coming out of houses.
- Soundtrack is godtier.
- The rest? I mean its Link's Awakening... I got the sword from the beach, met the owl, went inside the hole in the village and failed the crane game. Just like 25 years ago :P

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking at some sales and wondered if anyone has any opinions on these games and how they run (undocked).

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
Moonlighter
Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs

Warlock seems interesting and has a very large discount, and I've been interested in Moonlighter from the start, but held off after hearing some bad impressions, but maybe it's worth it now? Don't know much if Regalia, but it seems fun.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
Anyone know what time Untitled Goose Game is supposed to hit the store? Seems odd that Zelda and a few others launch same day but are already available.

Edit: just seen it's supposedly going up 9AM local time!

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Golazo is freaking hard. I don't know if I just suck at soccer games because the only one I've ever played was Mario Strikers, or if this game really is just hard. I've played about five matches and lost three, tied once, and finally won once. And that's on Easy.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Has anyone tried out that Jet Kave Adventure game? And if so does it run in 60fps or 30fps? It looks really fun like a Donkey Kong Country type of game but I haven't seen too much of it but it looks really cute and fun.
It's 30fps. The game is fine but unremarkable. Speed-run challenges and such keep things fresh but September is such a packed month, it is tough to recommend it over the flood of other eShop releases.

First 17 minutes of Untitled Goose Game:

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm just browsing thru some sales, I think I'll bite on Beat Cops. It's a good sale and it's been on my wishlist since forever apparently. Seems like a pixel open-world-esque investigation adventure based on Steam reviews? Sounds cool enough

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Some Neo Cab demo impressions

The Good
-The game looks great...the city, map, and characters look good. The map is also very easy to navigate.
-Characters are interesting and have a lot of emotion.
-The game nails the cyberpunk/futuristic vibe. I don't want to give too much away about the plot or protagonist's backstory but the story really adds to the vibe of the game.
-Driver has a mood bracelet to tell you how your choices are affecting the protagonist/story.
-There's a journal that gives you a summary of what's going on...and it's done with drawings instead of text.
-You drive an electric car so you have to charge it (Fuel up) and manage the funds you receive for driving while also hitting what seems to be a quota/daily goal.
-The game has a driver star rating and there's incentives like bonuses for doing well (Tips) from riders.
-The demo is short but you get a very good feel of what to expect from the game. You get to drive 3 or 4 people and it's not linear, you get to choose who you pick up and where you want to stop.

The Bad
-Long load times. Think FFIX long.
-No VA

Here's some screenshots(Handheld Mode)
IwRotpT.jpg

6GEsyWq.jpg

cy8vFHN.jpg

ftgHEL1.jpg

KfVLRyK.jpg

rqp1Nlf.jpg

DGcrgbm.jpg

sJhCxvX.jpg

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
When I replace my 400GB card with a 512GB card I'll finally tally what my Switch Backlog entails right now.

I'm pretty sure its far over twenty titles. Probably less than fifty.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
that Goose video might have sold me on it, I stopped watching when he pulled out the "to do list", I assume every level / zone will have that

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wow, a sequel to one of my favorite NES games and I had never heard of it (River City). Between Link and Borderlands 3 I am probably not going to leave the house all weekend. Then I'll have River City waiting for me.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Spirit Hunter NG popped up on the eshop. $50 is about what I expected. I'd normally be wary of paying that much for a VN but Death Mark was super good.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
September 20th and there are more of +60 games announced for the next month thread already. I'm going to have to open a patreon to make the thread if the eShop keep growing up to this rate. xd

You do an amazing job with these threads!

With the current pace, it seems like the Switch (in the NoA/NoE regions at least) will reach over 3,000 total games before the end of the year.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I'm seriously struggling with all the games I want to play releasing this month, the second half especially. Am afraid I might just not play anything at all instead.. which is something I do when I cant make up my mind :<

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
So Puzzle Quest
The battle screen looks redone and crystal clear, as well as menus, but portraits and especially the overworld graphics are really not pretty when playing docked. Maybe it was too much work to redo then but I was hoping since this seems like some kind of definitive edition that the whole game would be updated. It's fuzzy looking with aliasing.
Moving a big circle on the map that sticks/snaps to locations instead of just allowing me to move it freely is also bizarre and feels weird.
Otherwise, this is Puzzle Quest and I do love the Game I just wish a little more care had been put into a couple aspects of it

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
So Puzzle Quest
The battle screen looks redone and crystal clear, as well as me is, but portraits and especially the overworld graphics are really not pretty when playing docked. Maybe it was too much work to redo then but I was hoping since this seems like some kind of definitive edition that the whole game would be updated. It's fuzzy looking with aliasing.
Moving a big circle on the map that sticks/snaps to locations instead of just allowing me to move it freely is also bizarre and feels weird.
Otherwise, this is Puzzle Quest and I do love the Game I just wish a little more care had been put into a couple aspects of it

I thought it might have just been me that thought the overworld looked really blurry docked too. It's a bit off-putting as it makes me think my eyes are going funny and I'm losing focus.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Sayonara Wild Hearts and the Neo Cab demo both remained me how good games can look on the Switch in portable mode.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
NG isn't a sequel to Death Mark but it is the second game in the "Spirit Hunter" series.

I think that "Spirit Hunter" has been retroactively been added on to Death Mark's title (sorta like what they did with the Zero Escape games).
Aah, okay.

Do you know about the others? There was one I heard about, but don't remember the name, and then another one (which I'm fairly sure is a different game) which Uchikoshi is supposed to be helping out with.

It's possible neither of these are related to Death Mark and I'm just confused by a bunch of similarly named games.

Oct 28, 2017
Aah, okay.

Do you know about the others? There was one I heard about, but don't remember the name, and then another one (which I'm fairly sure is a different game) which Uchikoshi is supposed to be helping out with.

It's possible neither of these are related to Death Mark and I'm just confused by a bunch of similarly named games.
Yeah the Uchikoshi one is called "Death March Club" so yeah I can see the issue with that one. I can't really think of another one tbh but that one isn't related, it's just Death Mark and NG at the moment.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
I just bought a Switch today. I've noticed that ShopTo has a Download Codes sale going on at the moment, can I use Download Codes from the UK on a Switch with region set to Denmark?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought a Switch today. I've noticed that ShopTo has a Download Codes sale going on at the moment, can I use Download Codes from the UK on a Switch with region set to Denmark?
The region of the console is irrelevant. It's based on the region of your eshop account, which you can change at will or just have multiples of on the console.

I believe game codes will work across contental regions (e.g. all of EU, plus AU/NZ/SA being on region, NA being another and JP being yet another) but currency codes will not.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo eShop cards are restricted to the locale they're for, UK £ cards only work in the UK eShop.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
EU codes = EU codes, unless you're buying currency of course, that needs to match whatever you use locally (or what your account is set to)

Nintendo eShop cards are restricted to the locale they're for, UK £ cards only work in the UK eShop.
Download Codes are game codes, not currency codes :)