• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In hindsight I don't have fond memories of Castle Crashers when I played in on XBLA, so I got Blasphemous.

I'm holding you accountable if it doesn't pass the Hollow Knight Test, Rhaknar.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
In hindsight I don't have fond memories of Castle Crashers when I played in on XBLA, so I got Blasphemous.

I'm holding you accountable if it doesn't pass the Hollow Knight Test, Rhaknar.

Im playing The Messenger right now and its fantastic, so you stay in your little crazy "all games suck" bubble and ill be out here in the real world enjoying videogames.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im playing The Messenger right now and its fantastic, so you stay in your little crazy "all games suck" bubble and ill be out here in the real world enjoying videogames.

I'm going with a very logical and reasonable approach.

It's twice the price of Hollow Knight, ergo it has to be twice as good, right?

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I had a great time with The Messenger up until I came across a boss I was unable to beat and then me being the weak person that I am with no patience, gave up on it and never went back.

What was the concensus on the dlc, people enjoy it?

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Recommending Puzzle Quest to all your friends is in equal measure a nice and a cruel thing to do. A nice thing because I remember the gameplay to be a blast and addictive as crack and a cruel thing for exactly the same reason. I remember spending around 70 hours in a very short timeframe with that game back then then. So much content for such a low price.

I never got into Castle Crashers myself back then on XBLA and later on Steam. I never really got the excitement.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I didn't even know you could still release 3DS games.

WarioWare: Touched! got a My Nintendo digital rerelease as a DSiWare game a whopping five years after the 3DS launched. I'm not sure Nintendo's ever set a hard deadline for other publishers to finish releasing content on its stores. I think eventually support just naturally dries up as opportunity cost makes it so that it's a waste of time and money to release new games on an old system when no one cares to buy new games on it anymore. But then you have crazies like Vblank who like to burn cash on novelty ports even when they're not profitable.

There was one this week but I think he's trying to be last one out the door the way Retro City Rampage was trying to be on Wii.

Don't forget the stupidly late PSP port in 2016.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Getting a new improved Switch tomorrow by trading in my original. Unfortunately I won't be able to do the system transfer.

Anyone have any experience doing this? I've made sure all possible game saves are backed up to the cloud. Can I just reset the old Switch to factory settings now?

I don't really understand the whole thing with account linking and whatnot, and it makes me nervous.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright time to start Blasphemous: The Adventures of Silly Hat Man

I gotta say for this whole 2D Soulslike thing going on in indies, one thing Blasphemous nails is the beautiful scenery.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A few days ago they talked about it and I found it interesting. The silly hat is called sanbenito, and it was a penitential garment used during the Spanish Inquisition.

I've read a little on it and kind of understand its historical significance, but all I can think while playing is if it gets stuck in the ceiling if you jump too high.

But yeah, I can already tell this is gonna be something special. It just feels good to play.

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
For future reference, what's the easiest way to switch eShops to another region? Do I permanently lose gold coins/eShop credit when I do that or are they stored for when I switch back?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Needed a nice fast paced game to start as I had some time this evening. Started the first Mana game on the Mana collection. I feel this might have been a slightly bad move with Zelda coming out in just under a week time! Loving the collection though, the second I saw M2's logo I knew I was in for a treat port wise and I've really been enjoying the first of the Mana games so far.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
how do you even access The Messenger's dlc, do you need to finish it first? Just curious.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I got $20 to burn but I have no idea what I want to try. I want something different than what I normally play but I'm finding it hard to choose.

Right now I'm looking at Solstice Chronicles MIA, Battle Chef brigade, Damascus gear Operation Osaka, or Armello.

I want something with some longevity/replayability and customization. There are some cool looking games on the Eshop but it's tough knowing what's worth investing in.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
never understood what people saw in CC, even by beat em up standards, a genre that I struggle to spend money on these days, I always thought it was an awful one.
CC was the shit when it came out, especially in those early days of XBLA. I played through the game numerous times with dozens of people and it was quite fun. That said, you're kind of right. Compared to other beat 'em ups, CC is just OK and really benefited from coming out at the right place and right time. That and its level up system was pretty novel at the time.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Getting a new improved Switch tomorrow by trading in my original. Unfortunately I won't be able to do the system transfer.

Anyone have any experience doing this? I've made sure all possible game saves are backed up to the cloud. Can I just reset the old Switch to factory settings now?

I don't really understand the whole thing with account linking and whatnot, and it makes me nervous.
Resetting to factory settings unlinks any Nintendo Accounts left on from the system.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Right, but is that good or bad? It's okay (and recommended) to do this before trading in? Then on new system I just create a new device account and link it to the same Nintendo account?
Yes. Otherwise your Nintendo account remains tied to the old console and you'll have to unlink via the web (Limited to once a year I think).

On the new Switch you log in with your Nintendo account during initial user setup.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I'm not saying they shouldn't, I wasn't sure they could.

Long live the 3DS!
sorry, lazy fingers skipped the "why wouldn't you [be able to do that]" part.

For future reference, what's the easiest way to switch eShops to another region? Do I permanently lose gold coins/eShop credit when I do that or are they stored for when I switch back?
accounts.nintendo.com
you lose nothing, they're simply tied to the specific country and when you switch back, you can use them again.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ran into a giant naked lady impaled on swords and she gave me one that increased my health so I think it's time to call it a night.

Blasphemous is real good, y'all. I'm loving the parry mechanic to death.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
how do you even access The Messenger's dlc, do you need to finish it first? Just curious.
You go to the shop keeper room. Theres like a item you touch, I think a surfboard or something, when you press A on it you'll begin a dialogue that will effectively launch you into another portal that takes you to the beach DLC.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
You go to the shop keeper room. Theres like a item you touch, I think a surfboard or something, when you press A on it you'll begin a dialogue that will effectively launch you into another portal that takes you to the beach DLC.

the only thing to interact there is the chest that needs power seals, and the wardrobe. So maybe its only after you finish? Would make sense.

Also I checked HLTB for The Messenger and the average is 10 hours just for the main story which is more than I expected tbh.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
the only thing to interact there is the chest that needs power seals, and the wardrobe. So maybe its only after you finish? Would make sense.

Also I checked HLTB for The Messenger and the average is 10 hours just for the main story which is more than I expected tbh.
Yep, you need to beat the main game first before you can access the DLC.

10 hours or so sounds about right to me.

Last edited: