• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I keep meaning to do a big long post about why Lucah is the best game ever, but in the meantime, the game's big free expansion "The Descent" is out on the Switch version today/now and the whole game is gonna be on sale for like 10 USD tomorrow. It's been out on the PC version for a couple weeks but I've been waiting for the Switch version so I'm very very psyched. I really can't recommend this game enough if you like 'character action' games or unconventional narratives.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I keep meaning to do a big long post about why Lucah is the best game ever, but in the meantime, the game's big free expansion "The Descent" is out on the Switch version today/now and the whole game is gonna be on sale for like 10 USD tomorrow. It's been out on the PC version for a couple weeks but I've been waiting for the Switch version so I'm very very psyched. I really can't recommend this game enough if you like 'character action' games or unconventional narratives.

Oh perfect!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
As Doom is complete, I've turned my attention to my physical Switch collection that's gotten no love since MUA3. Working on finishing more Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze hard mode levels, basically done worlds 1 and 2 bar the bosses. I knew there was a reason I didn't just put this down when I finished the main game off 100%, because its so damn fun to replay that I wanted to revisit many of these levels all over again. Not sure how I'll get on with the swimming focused world though... (1 hit + swimming = doomed for me!)
The music also remains absolutely fantastic, something I know has been mentioned tons already. But damn, its so much fun to play, certainly one of my top platformers of any gen.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
NA got Lucah AND a Lucah sale before EU even got the game...

...is this 1995? How does this happen in 2019? No really.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
You missed one:

Well. It technically got approved at the last minute 😛 and we can't change the daaaaaate.

That girl? Stuffing her face? That's all of us. In September.

*And no, that's not the icon art 😬

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
I own the mobile version of DQ1 and it's pretty good!
The mobile versions are good though?
The new font/menu boxes are terrible (but this is common to all SE's ports tbh) and they gutted DQ3's SNES remake : ennemy's battle animations are completely gone and the sprite work looks terrible. This is in no fucking way a good option to discover these games—hell you better off buying them and then downloading translated ROMS. (JFYI not advocating piracy)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, is the SNES Online app not up yet? Figured it'd be added when the shop normally updates.

Also, I'm slightly debating that SNES controller only to remember 8BitDo controllers exist.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Weird, is the SNES Online app not up yet? Figured it'd be added when the shop normally updates.

Also, I'm slightly debating that SNES controller only to remember 8BitDo controllers exist.

in 2 hours.

Finished Torchlight 2, overall I loved it but theres some nagging QoL issues (or lackthereof) that annoy me (they were present in the Og but that was 7 years ago, no reason they couldnt have changed some stuff). Still, I might actually jump into NG+ and not just straight up delete this one for now as I usually do with all the games I finish.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Aaah, okay, thanks. Guess it'll be up when I get done with my bike ride through town.

Wonder how many we'll get added each month & if we'll see any titles exclusive to the Japanese version of the app. Though considering we're getting Super Puyo Puyo 2 & not Kirby's Avalanche, maybe both will be similar with its game library?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Hard West is on sale for $4, huh?

Any severe issues/problems with this version I should be aware of or is it a safe buy?

Alejandro

Jan 9, 2018
Did anyone notice that the Sinking City bundle is more expensive than buying the game and the DLC separetly XD It's 2 dollars more expensive if you buy the bundle (at least in the North American eShop.)

I've seen a couple of shady bundles on the eShop recently. Around the time that the free DLC for The Messenger came out, the game was on sale, but they were also selling a bundle of the base game + the FREE DLC at full price. Dead Cells did it too.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Hard West is on sale for $4, huh?

Any severe issues/problems with this version I should be aware of or is it a safe buy?
Pretty decent port, solid gameplay, wish I had waited for a $4 sale ahahha.

Its got a neat twist to a story, some in between battle game play thats really just there for resources and story stuff

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone notice that the Sinking City bundle is more expensive than buying the game and the DLC separtely XD It's 2 dollars more expensive if you buy the bundle (at least in the North American eShop.)

I've seen a couple of shay bundles on the eShop recently. Around the time that the free DLC for The Messenger came out, the game was on sale, but they were also selling a bundle of the base game + the FREE DLC for full price. Dead Cells did it too.

yeah I dont get those bundles with the free DLC... its free, why are you bundling it?

Anyway I feel weird after finishing Torchlight 2, kinda reminds me of my feelings when I finished Forager (well, "finished", that one doesnt actually have an ending per se), both were 20€, I went in hard on both for a few days and squeezed around 20+ hours from each, so both were totally worth it, and yet, I felt super empty when I was done with them. Like, it's games you would expect would have something... more at the end, not something you would be one and done with like a story-focused game for example. Dunno, I can't explain it /shrug

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I've been burned with all the heavily discounted, "$1" games I've bought on Switch and said I would stop that shit... but The Office Quest 90% off for 1.19€ is super tempting. The art style is fantastic and it's not very long, about 3 hours. Very Positive reviews on Steam too.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
You missed one:

Well. It technically got approved at the last minute 😛 and we can't change the daaaaaate.

That girl? Stuffing her face? That's all of us. In September.

*And no, that's not the icon art 😬

At least, you're getting those hungry new Switch Lite owners.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I've been burned with all the heavily discounted, "$1" games I've bought on Switch and said I would stop that shit... but The Office Quest 90% off for 1.19€ is super tempting. The art style is fantastic and it's not very long, about 3 hours. Very Positive reviews on Steam too.
"Every day in the office is the same, clicking the same keys, attending the same boring meetings, wearing the same fluffy monster onesies...."

Haha, I like it.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Yeah, looks to be a quality adventure game. Often the ultra low discounts are for ultra low quality games, but not always!

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
SNES games are up. Found them first on the Japanese e-shop and tried tennis to test it out.

Discover there are different tennis games released in Japan and North America.

Super Nintendo gets Super Tennis (by Nintendo) and Super Famicom gets Super Family Tennis by
Namco.

Wonder if there are any other differences between the two line-ups?

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Dang, Wuppo still hasn't unlocked somehow......wasn't even planning to play it tonight but I figured I'd check, never seen a release so late in the day

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018

In all likelihood Nintendo's SNES controller will have a much better dpad than 8bitdo.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
In all likelihood Nintendo's SNES controller will have a much better dpad than 8bitdo.
That's true. I was thinking more about 8bitdo's controller working on more than just the Switch, but at the same time, I don't know what else I'd use it for.

Just glad Nintendo decided to offer just one for $30 instead of two for $60. I only need the one and honestly, I can probably just use the SNES controller for the NES games as well.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
That's true. I was thinking more about 8bitdo's controller working on more than just the Switch, but at the same time, I don't know what else I'd use it for.

Just glad Nintendo decided to offer just one for $30 instead of two for $60. I only need the one and honestly, I can probably just use the SNES controller for the NES games as well.
Yeah, selling them individually is a better choice.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bought DQ IV and V and aside from the ugly font, the mobile versions are excellent.
IV-VI mobile are great because they're enhanced ports of the DS remakes. DQ1 and 2 mobile are ports of older phone remakes which are spotty in places (II is neat tho, I think) and III is a port of the SNES remake which is the greatest version of the game, except the mobile port changes some graphics (a negative IMO), removes in-battle animations and the extremely fun board mini game... So yeah, not ideal.

I'd rather have these available than not, but they're not THAT good.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
SE keep saying they want DQ to be a success in places outside of Japan as well but then they keep skipping releases like those! >_< Every little bit would help build the brand.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Man.

Remember when one of the ways to play SNES games on the Wii VC was with a GCN controller?

I just realized you can replicate that on the Switch now.......you wouldn't WANT to for games like Super Mario World, but you can!

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
IV-VI mobile are great because they're enhanced ports of the DS remakes. DQ1 and 2 mobile are ports of older phone remakes which are spotty in places (II is neat tho, I think) and III is a port of the SNES remake which is the greatest version of the game, except the mobile port changes some graphics (a negative IMO), removes in-battle animations and the extremely fun board mini game... So yeah, not ideal.

I'd rather have these available than not, but they're not THAT good.
Wow. I didn't know that about DQ 1-3 mobile. I always thought they were remakes in the same vein as the DQ 4-6 remakes.

Thanks for the info.

Encore

Nov 29, 2017
Did anyone notice that the Sinking City bundle is more expensive than buying the game and the DLC separetly XD It's 2 dollars more expensive if you buy the bundle (at least in the North American eShop.)
From the description of the bundle, it seems to include two packs of DLC: worshippers of the necronomicon and merciful madness (which doesn't have its own page on the eshop, but it's not in the standard edition either)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
No idea if this was posted, but I just noticed in the SNES online app, go to settings & you can now turn off the button display that's at the bottom when you're playing a game. I checked the NES app & sure enough, the option is there as well. Was this recent, because I know some people weren't fond of the controls always being displayed at all times.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
No idea if this was posted, but I just noticed in the SNES online app, go to settings & you can now turn off the button display that's at the bottom when you're playing a game. I checked the NES app & sure enough, the option is there as well. Was this recent, because I know some people weren't fond of the controls always being displayed at all times.
Yeah, that's new as of today and very welcome.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
This has probably been discussed elsewhere but I haven't looked, but I wonder if NSO is done with NES games. The direct made it sound like they'd add more SNES "eventually", so I wonder what the plan for next month is. Speaking of NES games, did we get new ones this month?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Thank the maker!

Also, this month just went from insane to absolutely flat-out ridiculous.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
dev implied on twitter that they're quite clueless how international releases work for some reason, despite being told it's basically free and completely straightforward but here we are...

giphy.gif