• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
And I finally finished Octopath Traveler. Well, kinda. Great RPG.
The only thing I'm missing are some secondary missions and the superduper secret boss, but Youtube is a thing so I'm not missing much.

I decided to start Geki Yaba Anniversary Edition because... I dunno. I just want to go on a beating games spree and this game feels like you could beat it in a few sessions.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Let's throw Racing Apex on there too since the dev clearly needs a few more decades to work on it before it's ready.

I decided to start Geki Yaba Anniversary Edition because... I dunno. I just want to go on a beating games spree and this game feels like you could beat it in a few sessions.

Be warned that it gets very difficult around halfway through and some of those final stages are brutal. It's one of those unassuming games that might take longer to beat than you'd expect.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Torchlight 2 not having local is kind of sad. Does it run smoothly otherwise?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Just woke up in EU all set to play torchlight and it's not out wtf

I thought all eshop releases were midnight :(

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's mainly first party games that release at midnight and it's usually around 2pm UK time (or so) for standard releases.

Well fuck. Guess I'll play some more Astral Chain until later then.

In other news WTF is Gunhouse, its 66% off in EU and the aesthetic is awesome. Says its puzzle x tower defense.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Alex Kidd Sega Ages is discounted 25% off in the US, making it $5.99.

Meanwhile, still waiting for Sonic 2 for the drop dash....and to be disappointed at no Hidden Palace Zone yet AGAIN.....

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Looks like Alex Kidd Sega Ages is discounted 25% off in the US, making it $5.99.

Meanwhile, still waiting for Sonic 2 for the drop dash....and to be disappointed at no Hidden Palace Zone yet AGAIN.....

Even if Hidden Palace isn't included (there's still a chance since M2 never denied it specifically), this version of Sonic 2 should still potentially become one of the best official versions of the game ever, and that has me very excited. The drop dash alone is a game-changer and I can't wait to use it. We need that release date ASAP. It's been nearly a year since it was first announced as part of the upcoming SEGA AGES line-up and we still don't have it yet. :(

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Torchlight 2 is out, posting impressions soon.

edit: very early first impressions, only just got to the enclave. Portable only, I don't do docked:

The good

- Looks super crisp. Wouldnt surprise me if it was running native 720p. Also seems to be running at 60, its buttery smooth.
- UI is very funcional, even if it takes a bit to get used to especially if you're coming from PC. Reminds me of the Diablo 3 UI.
- Two minimap modes, top right corner "circle" style, or on the right side of the screen no circle.
- Tooltips are good, you can press X on pretty much anything (stats, skills, gear) to get a detailed look at the skill or item. Impressive for a small screen.
- You can rebind any item or skill to the 8 buttons, thankfully. No game, I dont need the stupid town scroll taking up my X button thank you very much.
- Its Torchlight 2, on switch, seems pretty much like a perfect port. Based Panic Button.

The Bad

The stats tooltip is bugged and sometimes doesnt show the stat you are highlighting, which is a problem if you are trying to assign points. The stats are as follows, from top to bottom:

- Strength (for your wailing warrior type needs)
-Dexterity (for your stabby rogue type needs)
-Focus (magic, mana)
-Vitality (health, armor etc)

So keep this in mind and dont be fooled if sometimes you are hovering over focus and it says its vitality for example.

Last edited:

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Man, wanted to buy FF8 Remastered but the eShop is going crazy on me, getting errors trying to use either CC or Paypal.

Anyone knows where I can buy Switch eShop cards so I can receive the code via email and just use it to add the required funds?

Oct 29, 2017
Man, wanted to buy FF8 Remastered but the eShop is going crazy on me, getting errors trying to use either CC or Paypal.

Anyone knows where I can buy Switch eShop cards so I can receive the code via email and just use it to add the required funds?

CDKeys is cheap if you're looking for UK credit. Not sure if they do other regions. PCGameSupply for US credit.

Last edited:

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tempted to get Torchlight 2, I always felt it had a bit more depth than Diablo 3 which feels a bit... cookie cutter when it comes to builds? I dunno. I imagine it takes up way less of an install footprint too. Hmm.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I know first hand how time consuming it is to make threads like these, it's not something that's done in a couple of hours, more like a couple of hours per week for a month or so checking for new announcements, price details, trailers and delays so just wanna say thank you to tolkir for all the work and effort they put into these eShop threads.

I've got a decent bit of eshop points saved up so I'll likely spend on them on Creature In The Well.

Had no idea that Overland game was out so soon but man too close to Zelda and the Goose for me.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
crossposting from the "are you buying Torchlight 2 on consoles?" thread for those that don't venture out into the wilderness that is Gaming, but want some more TL2 impressions:

spent all morning playing, got my lvl 11 engineer now, been combing the levels with a fine comb to find all the quest / dungeons (one thing I always liked about torchlight 2 is that because of the Fame system, it incentivises you to do all you can because youre always earning fame from the elite monsters / sidequests, which in turn give you skill points on top of the points you get from leveling)

Framerate is holding up even if you do notice dips when chaos ensues, for example when im spamming my engineer cannon blast skill which is a fireball that pierces enemies, onto a group of enemies, with all sorts of enemy and my own cannon effects going on, and the screen shaking and shit, it drops. I think. Or its just the chaos. But im pretty sure its dropping lol. The cartoony art style does wonders for the game portable, I actually think it's quite a looker on the small screen, some of the dungeons look gorgeous.

Anyway, yeah its Torchlight 2, I mean that as a compliment. Theres no comprimise, its just torchlight 2 portable, its up there with diablo 3 in the "this is pretty nuts" department lol.

Funny sidenote: I've actually never played vanilla Torchlight 2, I only played the synergies mod, and I also never played any vanilla class, so it's actually a lot "newer" to me than expected.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
A few new deals in EU but nothing particularly noteworthy, especially not in the September of Doom where money is already tight enough.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
This has probably already been posted, but I'm super excited that 198x is finally coming to Switch!

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Be warned that it gets very difficult around halfway through and some of those final stages are brutal. It's one of those unassuming games that might take longer to beat than you'd expect.

Well...somehow I beat it.
It was definetly a pain in the ass to beat, specially once you get the speed power up.
This is sold as a PEGI 3 game. Yeah, give a 5-7 years old this game and I'm sure he'll beat it first try for sure.

Next game: DragonBall Fighterz's Story Mode AKA skip all the cutscenes mode because I just want to unlock Android 21.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Well...somehow I beat it.
It was definetly a pain in the ass to beat, specially once you get the speed power up.
This is sold as a PEGI 3 game. Yeah, give a 5-7 years old this game and I'm sure he'll beat it first try for sure.

lol Yeah, it's a classic example of a game that looks like it could be made for toddlers from a superficial standpoint, but the gameplay itself can make a grown man seethe with rage. Apparently QubicGames will add more levels in the future, but I'm not sure I'll want to return to it due to how frustrating it can be. Plus I've had enough of that goofy music track that plays throughout every single stage.

For auto-runners on Switch, Chameleon Run Deluxe Edition is still king.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
My dudes... theres a direct tomorrow that we didn't know about.

Imagine the shadow drops.

ShivUK

Nov 2, 2017
With the first anniversary of the service fast approaching, is anyone aware of a comprehensive list of regional pricing for Nintendo Switch Online subscriptions?

Looking in particular at 12-month family memberships for now, I've compiled the following from a few minutes' checking:

UK: 31.49 GBP
EU: 34.99 EUR
US: 34.99 USD
MX: 679 MXN
SA: 459 ZAR
RU: 2449 RUB
I found your post on google, trying to find the answer to this.

I also found this from back when the service launched: https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-switch-online-more-details-pricing-cloud-saves-more/

It looks like prices haven't changed because these were the prices people were told the auto-renewal would be at?

EDIT:

I also worked out that you can grab the data direct from Nintendo's server using the two letter country codes:

You might also need to tweak the language code if English isn't a supported language for the country:

Last edited:

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I am hoping Links Awakening doesn't review super well so I have a reason to skip it.

I think I'll just Gamefly it. And come back to DQ11 for Christmas when I need a JRPG over the break while my kids are playing Pokemon.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Best-selling titles of August

Europe

01 (03) - Minecraft
02 (02) - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
03 (RE) - Urban Trial Playground
04 (NE) - Astral Chain
05 (NE) - Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution!
06 (09) - Doom (1993)
07 (RE) - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
08 (01) - Super Mario Maker 2
09 (13) - Cuphead
10 (08) - 911 Operator
11 (RE) - Stardew Valley
12 (RE) - Overcooked! 2
13 (RE) - Serial Cleaner
14 (RE) - Doom 3
15 (RE) - Forager

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I am hoping Links Awakening doesn't review super well so I have a reason to skip it.

I think I'll just Gamefly it. And come back to DQ11 for Christmas when I need a JRPG over the break while my kids are playing Pokemon.
It's Link's Awakening. The benefit of doing a 1:1 remake of a perfect game is that you already know it's perfect without any reviews. If you like the visuals, you buy it. That's all you really need there. Nobody will be able to suddenly claim LA isn't fantastic still.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat Bastion. I've owned it since launch on the 360 and probably have it on Steam. But it wasn't until I bought the switch version that I finally went ahead and completed it lol. Was totally worth the $3. Game was kinda easy though even when I turned on all the idols I could.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It's Link's Awakening. The benefit of doing a 1:1 remake of a perfect game is that you already know it's perfect without any reviews. If you like the visuals, you buy it. That's all you really need there. Nobody will be able to suddenly claim LA isn't fantastic still.
Exactly. I wondered if I really needed the remake as I already have the GB and GBC copies in perfect working order, its pretty much my favourite Zelda game ever. Watching those trailers though... well I couldn't pre order fast enough. I absolutely can't wait to play it again, it looks so darn nice, and the game is so fun to play that it was impossible to say "no"!

Anyway, while last month was quiet for Switch games that personally appealed to me this month looks heavy with releases, can't wait. While waiting for tomorrows Nintendo Direct I'm playing "Old School Musical" which is basically a rhythm action game mixed with retro game parodies. Which is fun. Difficulty is sorta uneven, with normal being way too easy and hard sometimes feeling maybe a tad too hard, but its easier to adapt to hard mode than bore myself on normal. Not the best game in the genre I've ever played (that's still DJ Max Respect overall, but Just Shapes and Beats on the Switch is pretty damn good as well) but its been a blast to play, and sounds excellent.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As it's my favourite Zelda I really hope they get the frame rate under control for launch.
The GC builds showed promise but it wasn't quite there yet.

That's the only thing I can think of that can mire it somewhat.