• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2021
Littlewood is great, that and Forager are two of the most addicting games I have played in the last few years

Aw yeah, Forager is pretty great too. Humble Games has also been on a role on Switch on that note, along with Forager.

FIZf4Nb.jpg

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a quiet night shift ahead of me at work so I'm going to take my Switch in with me so obviously I've treat myself to a new game, Elechead.

Just played a few minutes of it there and it's a bit weird how it doesn't fill the whole screen, but nm. It's like when you play the N64 games and it has those horribly massive black borders :(

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a quiet night shift ahead of me at work so I'm going to take my Switch in with me so obviously I've treat myself to a new game, Elechead.

Just played a few minutes of it there and it's a bit weird how it doesn't fill the whole screen, but nm. It's like when you play the N64 games and it has those horribly massive black borders :(

And this is done. The game was a lot shorter than I expected, but good fun. If you're into puzzle games with a very old school aesthetic, I'd recommend.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Question: if I've preordered a game on the eshop and chosen my debit card as the payment method but then later add an eshop card balance, will it pull from the balance first like Amazon does? Or just ignore the balance and still pull from my card?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Question: if I've preordered a game on the eshop and chosen my debit card as the payment method but then later add an eshop card balance, will it pull from the balance first like Amazon does? Or just ignore the balance and still pull from my card?
I believe the last one. You'd have to cancel the pre-order and then pre-order again selecting the gold coins option first.

Apr 24, 2018
Ugh, wound up caving on my "avoid trying to avoid buying multiplats on Switch" stance already and bought the Castlevania Advance Collection on Switch a couple of days ago.

1) Target only had Switch version on its website...and I had a $5 gift card there that I have had for over a year
2) It was on sale for $13 for the Switch version, only
3) I had a hectic last day for preparing to go on vacation...and forgot to bring Triangle Strategy and Metroid Dread with me like I planned; wanted something else to play in addition to the Cuphead DLC which won't take too long to complete
4) Something about buying the Castlevania Advance games in handheld mode...seemed fitting/nostalgic (I owned Circle of the Moon and Aria of Sorrow on the GBA; can't remember about Harmony of Dissonance).

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Already sitting on top of the sales on the eshop.
I remember paying like $4 for Portal 2 and I know it's gone on sale for $2. And I think this was off the Steam store (not even cd keys or eneba...).

Basically steam has changed the game and I refuse to buy any muliplat for the Switch going forward. It's pure exclusive machine now just like PS5.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Really tempted by F.I.S.T but I just read on Nintendo Life that the load times are bad.
Anyone know if we're talking Souldiers levels of loading? (also seems like that's getting patched the week of 18th July)

*fake edit* That'll teach me to only read the pros/cons
Loads between areas are on average 45 seconds to a minute long (we timed them)
Fuck that

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh

Timelie 50% off in EU. I remember folk praising this game a lot at launch. made by a Era member too I believe?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all, this might be an odd question but I thought someone here might be able to help. First, I've done some research online and can't find the answer. Ok, my wife's friend is a Mario-loving gamer with one arm. She recently purchased Mario Odyssey digitally and has found herself unable to play it. I'm not sure how she normally plays with one arm, but this one is apparently not something she's able to do. Does anyone know of a method, accessibility option, etc. that might be in Odyssey? Apologies if any of this isn't written appropriately, I just want to help this awesome lady play a game she desperately wants to. Thanks!
The best option I can think of is that she may be able to play as Cappy with one hand while another player controls Mario. Alternately, maybe there's a Switch adaptive controller sold by a third party that puts all buttons on one controller? I wonder if the Xbox adaptive controller or something similar can be paired to a Switch.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
F.I.S.T is pretty good so far! It looks alright in handheld mode and the loading times are not too bad, and kind of infrequent in general since you're not moving between main areas often enough for it to be a problem (yet).

It's like a jankier Metroid Dread, not only in structure but in how good it feels to control the character in general. The abilities and combat are also pretty fun so far despite being like barely two hours into it.

I would definitely recommend it. Even if the story is pretty conventional and the voice acting is off-putting (your main rabbit guy is absurdly gruff and a complete action-hero cliche so far), the world itself is interesting. It's a bit like Blacksad meets Oddworld.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The best option I can think of is that she may be able to play as Cappy with one hand while another player controls Mario. Alternately, maybe there's a Switch adaptive controller sold by a third party that puts all buttons on one controller? I wonder if the Xbox adaptive controller or something similar can be paired to a Switch.
Thanks, I'd mentioned the Xbox controller but that $100 buy in is always tough to sell.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Eastward, I'm currently on Chapter 4 or 5? I'm still in New Dam City. The game is absolutely beautiful but I feel like the plot has been kinda meandering until just now where I'm at, and the gameplay is a little too basic. I feel like the kind of puzzles I've been solving are the same I've been solving the whole game and the combat is kinda boring and shallow. I'm still gonna push through because the game is so charming, but I can't help but feel like there's a lot of missed potential so far

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
Don't know if this has been posted before or of this was known to be coming but apparently Strange Horticulture is coming to the Switch on July 28th. I've heard a lot of praise for the game and it's sitting with an Overwhelmingly Positive review score on Steam. Looks to have a pre-order discount as well going by the eShop (showing as 25% on the UK one so should be similar on other stores).

Very curious to see what the game is like as I've been curious since I was hearing the buzz about it earlier in the year.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if this has been posted before or of this was known to be coming but apparently Strange Horticulture is coming to the Switch on July 28th. I've heard a lot of praise for the game and it's sitting with an Overwhelmingly Positive review score on Steam. Looks to have a pre-order discount as well going by the eShop (showing as 25% on the UK one so should be similar on other stores).

Very curious to see what the game is like as I've been curious since I was hearing the buzz about it earlier in the year.
It's a fantastic game! Very chill vibes, lots of different endings, and thank god for labeling because my memory is crap. Hope you enjoy it!

onibirdo

Dec 9, 2020
I've been playing Eastward, I'm currently on Chapter 4 or 5? I'm still in New Dam City. The game is absolutely beautiful but I feel like the plot has been kinda meandering until just now where I'm at, and the gameplay is a little too basic. I feel like the kind of puzzles I've been solving are the same I've been solving the whole game and the combat is kinda boring and shallow. I'm still gonna push through because the game is so charming, but I can't help but feel like there's a lot of missed potential so far
I dropped it after about 5 hours. Style over substance for sure.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Has anyone played Bit Orchard?
It's a Gameboy looking farming game that looks really interesting but I'm not sure how much game there actually is? It's on PC too but looks like Switch version may have some DLC content that I don't see listed on Steam so I was thinking about picking it up on Switch.

I'm playing through FE 3 Houses right now for the first time after owning it since launch 👀 Only 8 hours in with Golden Deer and I am having a really good time, but I must admit the Monastery stresses me out as there are so many things to do but you have limited actions so I have no idea if I'm royally screwing up or not lol.
Also, I'm playing on Normal and still find it not easy at all which is concerning as everywhere online says it's steamroll easy on normal….but I do suck at strategy games so that's likely the reason!

Mar 19, 2021

Hope this gets more attention on Switch, it's absolutely one of the gems of the year

eyesradar

Oct 25, 2017
Really tempted by F.I.S.T but I just read on Nintendo Life that the load times are bad.
Anyone know if we're talking Souldiers levels of loading? (also seems like that's getting patched the week of 18th July)

F.I.S.T is pretty good so far! It looks alright in handheld mode and the loading times are not too bad, and kind of infrequent in general since you're not moving between main areas often enough for it to be a problem (yet).

The loading time is rather long indeed (~40-50secs). However, it loads the entire zone at once. I feel I did this like once or twice in 40~50 mins gameplay. Visual-wise it holds up okay but plays very very nice most of the time. Obviously the PS5 version looks way nicer but definitely still a good experience on the go with the Switch.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, when will BN give us a eShop listing for Digimon, the game is already being overshadowed enough by Xenoblade and I feel like there's no marketing at all.
Digimon fans really has it rough :(

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody played Ashen? I never tried it on different platforms so I don't know if it's a Switch thing (because of the more limited fps) but there's a really terrible feeling of lag or floatingness with the camera controls?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody played Ashen? I never tried it on different platforms so I don't know if it's a Switch thing (because of the more limited fps) but there's a really terrible feeling of lag or floatingness with the camera controls?
I don't remember having any particular control issues when I played it. The controls are overall just as garbo as any other Souls/like.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
So right now Resident Evil Zero and Revelations 2 are on sale on the Switch. What's the consensus on which is better as a game and as a port? I enjoyed both Revelaitons 1 on 3DS and REmake on the Switch, so I know I'd probably enjoy both.

I do know that Revelations 2 has a partner system so I guess it'll have less backtracking and that the puzzles will be tied to that, and that Zero seems to be similar to REmake in terms of gameplay and art direction but not as good as the first one, which I'm prepared for. Just getting a new setting/story is good for me.

I also have a ps4.

Edit: Wait, Revelations 2 has gyro? That's a plus for sure...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Zero is one of the worst RE games if not the worse.

Rev2 is lowkey fantastic and looks amazing portable.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Not that thus excuses it but it's the initial load that is over a minute long, not like if you die and reload. Just saying.

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I would say I've spent around 5 hours on Souldiers so far and in that time I've only seen a minute long loading screen like that maybe only 3 or 4 times tops

Yeah it's not ideal, but it doesn't happen frequently enough to be that off-putting.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Man, when will BN give us a eShop listing for Digimon, the game is already being overshadowed enough by Xenoblade and I feel like there's no marketing at all.
Digimon fans really has it rough :(

To me the thing that makes me reluctant to get Digimon at launch is the fact that they deep discounted the last Digimon game fairly quickly (and with deep discounts to boot). I know that seems weird.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
I've been following Eastward's development for a long time and was super bummed when I finally got to play it. Like you said, it's quite a looker, but man it's just not very fun to play. I had a much better time with a game like Blossom Tales, where the visuals might not be that tier, but it's a joy to spend time on. Eastward just felt like a chore almost right off the bat.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I've been following Eastward's development for a long time and was super bummed when I finally got to play it. Like you said, it's quite a looker, but man it's just not very fun to play. I had a much better time with a game like Blossom Tales, where the visuals might not be that tier, but it's a joy to spend time on. Eastward just felt like a chore almost right off the bat.
I'm still slowly plodding along in Eastward, I think I'm halfway through or a bit further so I feel like I may as well see it to the end.

However, the game has made me go back and replay Mother 3. I haven't played Mother 3 in probably 10 years (I did play through Earthbound again more recently) but it's just as good as I remember and only reinforces the issues I have with Eastward

Oct 25, 2017
Bright Memory Infinite is out tomorrow and I've played about an hour or so of the game. I even recorded gameplay to show it off. It's not every day we get a first person shooter. I think it plays pretty well for it being on the Switch and at times I found myself going 'oh, that looks nice.'. It's $19.99, but who knows if it'll have a launch day sale or not.

View: https://youtu.be/G4x3D5bJCaI

Status
Not open for further replies.