• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
No. 30fps + all that HK bullshit from Blizzard completely killed any interest I had in the game.

I can get over 30fps but, yeah, that HK bullshit really made me want to go for a refund.

Speaking of which it's just gone 2PM and the game isn't even unlocked yet. Well it's unlocked but the patch isn't out so you can't play it. So annoying.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Didn't Morphies Law have a rough launch? It is good to hear it got fixed up. At $5, might be worth jumping on for a little DM game.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
ooooh new deal in EU, Ghost 1.0 50% off, time to double dip as I really liked it on PC, its a nice evolution from UnEpic and unlike that one, it doesnt fall apart near the end.

Also new:

Mind Path to Thalamus is 40% off
Infernium 40% off
Claws of Fury 40% off

and Disgaea 4 Complete now has a 20% pre-order discount

Also new game called Spaceland up for pre-order and it looks nice. And Skullgirls is coming to Switch on the 22nd but its 25€ soooooooooooo GL with that.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I'm so fucking sick of games not even bothering to include a digital manual.
I feel like starting a thread about it.

I was already pissed at Nintendo for how they're handling the NES/SNES apps compared to the awesome VC.
Hey even something super basic like Hamster does would be fine, I don't need every title to be like GRID Autosport but gimme something.

why the hell do I need to go scour the internet to know how the cheer system works in Raiden V? Or if I'll unlock an "arcade" mode but I need to beat Story mode first? Da fuck.

btw, the color of some bullets.
You don't include a TATE option, so playing it portable on the Lite is especially difficult at harder stages/difficulty

Too bad because I'm loving this director's cut.

PREACH. Digital manuals and the activity log are two things I dearly miss from the 3DS era. It's baffling how these were left by the wayside and I'm hoping they make a comeback with Switch 2 (but let's be real, they probably aren't).

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's crossplay with the PC version (which also has a F2P iteration), so it might not be as dead as you think.
Morphies Law is a great game! And for 70% discount, come on lol
Hold up. When I said I didn't try it yet I meant the update specifically. I already have the game, and I agree it's great fun! But last I played a month ago or so it was a ghost town, even with the free Steam version... I'll try again this evening to see how it goes.

People who do not buy Morphies Law at this price should feel bad about themselves.
Agreed! Maybe this will help with the player count...

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I got my OW at Target ( I knew it was still a code but wanted that box.) Code will not work yet. Bummer.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So it seems like Blizzard has gone an incredibly unexpected route and made Overwatch on Switch into an avant-garde art piece on the limited nature of modern-day patch-focused gaming. They've opted to simply not allow you to play the game on Launch Day, instead displaying the sentence "Please download the latest patch to play this game."

If they weren't such a crappy company I'd applaud them for taking such an artistic risk by releasing perhaps the most expensive digital sentence of all time.

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
No. It said it was ready to play when I turned my system on but booting it up just gives a message to download the latest patch but I do have it up to the latest version. So this is annoying.

I assume the patch will go live in an hour. Crazy that they're not pushing it beforehand but it seems Blizzard wants the game to go live at a certain time worldwide. Surprised that the pre-load version is just a placeholder.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not sure if its on Switch yet, but Forager on steam for it's "Combat update" and its huge, adding a new zone and shit

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
No. It said it was ready to play when I turned my system on but booting it up just gives a message to download the latest patch but I do have it up to the latest version. So this is annoying.
So it seems like Blizzard has gone an incredibly unexpected route and made Overwatch on Switch into an avant-garde art piece on the limited nature of modern-day patch-focused gaming. They've opted to simply not allow you to play the game on Launch Day, instead displaying the sentence "Please download the latest patch to play this game."

If they weren't such a crappy company I'd applaud them for taking such an artistic risk by releasing perhaps the most expensive digital sentence of all time.
Blizzard tweeted the time for when the game goes live:

This is terrible. I don't know who's fault, probably Blizzard's but I don't think I've had to wait so long to play a game on eShop release date. I'm in the U.K. and it's after 6pm here.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone played the Telltale Batman games on Switch? Interested in performance impressions.

They're currently 50% off the already dropped price in NA, and I'm considering postponing Obra Dinn for a couple of weeks to get these instead while they're on sale.

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Been meaning to play that. Should get a chance to do so today. I've heard good things about the game, but am curious to see how the Switch version performs.

Did you manage to get a chance to try this one out? Or did anyone else give it a try? (Game was Call of Cthulhu)

I'm really curious, looks like a good Halloween game for me but I'd like to hear some impressions first.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The eternal question:

Is the Eshop download/update taking ages because of a large file size or because my internet's being slow?

That is the question I must ask when waiting for Overwatch to unlock.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Did you manage to get a chance to try this one out? Or did anyone else give it a try? (Game was Call of Cthulhu)

I'm really curious, looks like a good Halloween game for me but I'd like to hear some impressions first.
It's not bad. The premise of no combat is interesting but definitely not something that everyone will enjoy. I'll have the first chapter uploaded later today. If you are into Lovecraft lore and such then you'll find reason to enjoy it.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The eternal question:

Is the Eshop download/update taking ages because of a large file size or because my internet's being slow?

The update is like 10gb so it's probably that.
What's the point of a preload if your gonna do this shit

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It's not bad. The premise of no combat is interesting but definitely not something that everyone will enjoy. I'll have the first chapter uploaded later today. If you are into Lovecraft lore and such then you'll find reason to enjoy it.

I kinda like games that don't have combat at times. It's a nice change of pace.

Well it sounds good to me, I'll look at your footage later.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Why is A Hat In Time not on the web eshop, but on the Switch eshop?

Edit: Nevermind. it's up on the web eshop now.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
The eternal question:

In my experience it's generally that Eshop downloads are pretty slow. I have 350meg fibre. I can download stuff from steam at nearly full speed and yet if I'm downloading anything big from Nintendo I might as well leave it going overnight. This is over a mesh wifi too that gives my phone a speedtest result of 387meg.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Fucking hell. The Overwatch update finally downloads only for another "Updating software," thing to come up.

I'm just gonna assume that the servers will be down when I can play the game.

I put up with inadvertently supporting Blizzard and all I get is this shitty launch.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
It's on my wishlist, don't know if I'm gonna grab it right now since I just bought Doraemon Story of Seasons.
I played it briefly on Apple Arcade, but it ran insanely poorly on my second generation iPad so I stopped. Even those who put up with the poor performance had nothing good to say about it over in the Apple Arcade thread.

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up X-Morph: Defense Complete Edition (EXOR Studios) on sale for $15.
Perfect game for me to add to the switch collection. Half twin Stick Shooter, half Tower Defense. Scratches both itches at once. Really liking it so far.
Thanks for this. I just tried the demo and I liked what I played (I loved destroying that first boss :P). That mix of a twin stick shooter with the strategic side of a tower defense is nice. And while the graphics may look a bit generic, the environmental destruction effects are pretty good.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say all these references to YIIK in Va11-Halla as some unsung indie masterpiece really did not age well.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking sick of games not even bothering to include a digital manual.
I feel like starting a thread about it.

I was already pissed at Nintendo for how they're handling the NES/SNES apps compared to the awesome VC.
Hey even something super basic like Hamster does would be fine, I don't need every title to be like GRID Autosport but gimme something.

why the hell do I need to go scour the internet to know how the cheer system works in Raiden V? Or if I'll unlock an "arcade" mode but I need to beat Story mode first? Da fuck.

btw, the color of some bullets.
You don't include a TATE option, so playing it portable on the Lite is especially difficult at harder stages/difficulty

Too bad because I'm loving this director's cut.
Man, I wish they would bring back digital manuals. :(