• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Guys I just started playing XB Torna.
How the fffff do I get rid of that awful sharpness filter?! Playing it in hh mode btw.

Also, this game's combat system seems a tad complicated at first? Tutorial is introducing me to a ton of stuff all at once and it doesn't seem to be super clear/well explained imo. Tips?

Switch version.

Really did not like the lane-based movement that touch controls impose on some of the levels.
RE: SAYONARA

dang.
I'm back to square lol

how's replayabilty? Are there level-based online leaderboards with friends?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Levels are score-based, but there's no leaderboard. The scores are just gates to unlock one of the game modes.
It's not a score chaser game, more of an ambient audio-visual experience. Re-playability in that regard is very good.
How the fffff do I get rid of that awful sharpness filter?! Playing it in hh mode btw.

Also, this game's combat system seems a tad complicated at first? Tutorial is introducing me to a ton of stuff all at once and it doesn't seem to be super clear/well explained imo. Tips?
First time playing XB2 in handheld huh?
It doesn't get better.

I never played Torna, but the main game kept tutorializing for many many many hours, I had a screenshot log of tooltips a mile long while playing the game as there is (or was at least) no way to view past tutorial prompts after the fact.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

RE: SAYONARA

dang.
I'm back to square lol

I absolutely love Xenoblade, but man, it looks ROUGH in handheld mode. And Torna is actually better in this regard than the original. Just try to imagine that.

Yes, everything about the game is super complicated and the tutorials are awful. And again, the combat is actually easier to understand in Torna (they streamlined it a bit).

Every time I play a Xenoblade game, a tutorial comes up explaining things I don't quite understand, and then I end up getting what I should be doing like ten hours later ^_^

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I absolutely love Xenoblade, but man, it looks ROUGH in handheld mode. And Torna is actually better in this regard than the original. Just try to imagine that.

Yes, everything about the game is super complicated and the tutorials are awful. And again, the combat is actually easier to understand in Torna (they streamlined it a bit).

Every time I play a Xenoblade game, a tutorial comes up explaining things I don't quite understand, and then I end up getting what I should be doing like ten hours later ^_^
haha, i couldnt agree more with what you said at the end there. The tutorial makes no sense but eventually it all clicks and I feel like a god.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France

I think I really understood the elemental break on the final boss of XB2.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

->
www.resetera.com

Xenoblade 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country |OT| You Will Remember Their Names

TAG YOUR SPOILERS! BE CONSIDERATE! REMEMBER THAT NOT EVERYONE HAS PLAYED/FINISHED THE MAIN GAME Developer: MonolithSoft Publisher: Nintendo Release: September 14, 2018 (digital expansion pass) | September 21, 2018 (standalone digital and retail) Platform: Nintendo Switch Genre: Xenoblade-like...

detailed combat tips for the main game in that OT (linked in the Torna OT)

Dec 11, 2017
Lego City Undercover is on sale here in Australia. Worth playing still? Happy to pay docked as I read handheld is a no go.

I have some eShop credit and I'm not sure whether to go for a bunch of discounted games or pick up DQXI.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Lego City Undercover is on sale here in Australia. Worth playing still? Happy to pay docked as I read handheld is a no go.

I have some eShop credit and I'm not sure whether to go for a bunch of discounted games or pick up DQXI.

I played LCU on the Wii U and loved it. The game is super charming! I hope they improved the infamously long loading times from the Wii U version, but honestly it didn't bother me as much I thought it would.

If you've played Lego games before, you know you can't exactly interact with everything you see, this is no GTA. That said, there is a decent amount of stuff to do and the whole city is so interesting that just driving around is already worth it. The gameplay is pretty good, the jokes are excellent and I had a blast with it.

Just bear in mind that, even though it's bigger and more varied, it's still a Lego game. If you hated other Lego games for some reason, you might not like this one.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Collection of Mana physical is down to 29.99 at Best Buy. That's a few bucks more than digital (plus tax) but if you still have GCU, it's tempting.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

->
www.resetera.com

Xenoblade 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country |OT| You Will Remember Their Names

TAG YOUR SPOILERS! BE CONSIDERATE! REMEMBER THAT NOT EVERYONE HAS PLAYED/FINISHED THE MAIN GAME Developer: MonolithSoft Publisher: Nintendo Release: September 14, 2018 (digital expansion pass) | September 21, 2018 (standalone digital and retail) Platform: Nintendo Switch Genre: Xenoblade-like...

detailed combat tips for the main game in that OT (linked in the Torna OT)

since posting that earlier, I've updated the OP with some external combat tips and guides to get you started. just fyi

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
Is Dusk Diver out 10/29 or 11/19? I've seen both listed, assuming it is digital vs cart, respectively?

SuperPac

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's not on sale or anything but I bought Friday the 13th and it is one of the most fun multiplayer games on the system for sure. Thankfully it's super fast to get into a game, but would love to play with people here if anyone else is also into it.

On a similar note, I also tried Dead by Deadlight and...I dunno. Getting into a game as the killer can take like 5 to 7 minutes at best, and even then I just can't get into the loop of the game since all these intimidating killers ever do is put you on a hook a couple of times and that's it. I guess some of the magic is lost for me when none of the slashers in the game actually kill you in cool ways.

I will keep at it since it can definitely get tense at times and it is a bit simpler in terms of mechanics and win conditions than Friday the 13th, but in comparison it just seems like Friday just has a whole lot more charm.

Dead By Daylight definitely takes a few matches and some level-ups to get the hang of things. Playing matches as a survivor gives you XP you an spend to level up the bloodweb, which gives you perks and items that you can bring into matches. Unlike F13 where you can mostly just disregard what other counselors are doing, in DBD it is to your advantage to help your fellow survivors. Whether that's double-teaming generators or saving/healing anyone who gets hooked, the more people there are alive on the map that can be fixing generators the more likely it is that you'll escape alive. And again that's where perks and items really help but don't come into play right at the beginning for a new player. In F13, there's very little character progression and depth. In DBD, you have a lot of character progression and depth depending on what character you are, who the killer is, and what your other teammates have chosen. And the maps in DBD have far more random elements than an F13 match.

Both games offer different experiences to be sure though they are both symmetrical multiplayer games.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm definitely getting Phoenix Wright next time it's on sale (so $30 CAD).

Do I want Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair, which will bleed out my current eShop wallet or do I get Ori and the Blind Forest.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
god, I am obsessed with Slay the Spire. It easily sits alongside Dead Cells and Into the Breach as one of the best roguelikes/roguelites ever made. It's now my GotY.
I agree. Slay the Spire deserves a spot in the Indie Hall of Fame.

It's up there with Hollow Knight, Into the Breach, Cuphead as games that could charge $60 USD and I'd be happy paying that.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know anything about Raging Loop? I'm all full up on horror VNs right now with Spirit Hunter coming out in a few days, but it looks pretty cool.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Anyone know anything about Raging Loop? I'm all full up on horror VNs right now with Spirit Hunter coming out in a few days, but it looks pretty cool.

The only thing I know about it is, it was praised by VNs giants like Nasu (Fate series), R07 (When They Cry series), Kodaka (Danganronpa series), and Urobuchi (Fate/Zero).

So I know that I have to play it no matter what.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
Yeah, I'm planning on going for Raging Loop over Spirit Hunter. I still need to play the first Spirit Hunter anyway.

The release date for Raging Loop is crazy tho

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Man I think I'm gonna grab The Witcher 3....the physical edition is pretty cool and I never really got far in it, always wanted to go back.

There's a curiosity with it too, I just have to see it....

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Which games are worth picking up on the square enix sale? Already got FF7 never played the others. Thinking of getting mana collection too but I've heard mixed opinions

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Which games are worth picking up on the square enix sale? Already got FF7 never played the others. Thinking of getting mana collection too but I've heard mixed opinions
FFXII is an outstanding port of a great game, tons of really good QoL features, looks ridiculously good, has probably my favorite cast in any Final Fantasy, really good music, an original setting, it's a no-brainer if you ask me. I remember dropping the PS2 version like 5 hours in, but playing through the Switch version it actually came to be one of my favorite FFs of all time, if not my favorite alongside IX.

Kryornis

Mar 1, 2019
France, Occitania

FFXII is an outstanding port of a great game, tons of really good QoL features, looks ridiculously good, has probably my favorite cast in any Final Fantasy, really good music, an original setting, it's a no-brainer if you ask me. I remember dropping the PS2 version like 5 hours in, but playing through the Switch version it actually came to be one of my favorite FFs of all time, if not my favorite alongside IX.

I would go for FFXII too. It looks and perform very well on Switch and has QoL improvements that really make a difference and help enjoy it even more.
It's in my trio of best FFs with VI and IX.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, you're still getting a great game. I just have no interest in playing it again because it's long and I still remember a lot of it. Same reason I didn't pick up the Switch port of DQXI.
Skyrim is full price, too, and you're getting quite a bit more bang for your buck if you buy Witcher 3 physically
Yeah I think it's deserved, just means it's out of budget for me right now, lol

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017
vlpOjXgu

Ultra Space Battle Brawl 90% off (US$1.49 / CA$1.89) Ends Oct 14

this is straight up high way robbery for this price. great party game. it's still fun solo tho the last boss is ridiculously hard.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Steamworld Heist last night. Not sure if it was just me but it definitely felt like it dragged at the end. I don't think the gameplay had enough depth to sustain the 12-13 hours it took me to beat it.

Think I'll continue working on my backlog and get into Axiom Verge next.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Dead By Daylight definitely takes a few matches and some level-ups to get the hang of things. Playing matches as a survivor gives you XP you an spend to level up the bloodweb, which gives you perks and items that you can bring into matches. Unlike F13 where you can mostly just disregard what other counselors are doing, in DBD it is to your advantage to help your fellow survivors. Whether that's double-teaming generators or saving/healing anyone who gets hooked, the more people there are alive on the map that can be fixing generators the more likely it is that you'll escape alive. And again that's where perks and items really help but don't come into play right at the beginning for a new player. In F13, there's very little character progression and depth. In DBD, you have a lot of character progression and depth depending on what character you are, who the killer is, and what your other teammates have chosen. And the maps in DBD have far more random elements than an F13 match.

Both games offer different experiences to be sure though they are both symmetrical multiplayer games.

Okay, after spending a day with Death by Daylight I totally see what you mean. I can see myself getting pretty addicted to this eventually, and the Bloodweb stuff does add a ton of nuance even if the upgrades are a bit so-so on their own.

Still bummed out about the extremely long waiting time to be a Killer though, but I guess that just happens on every version. Also, as absolutely brain-dead as the bots in F13 are, I do miss having the option of just jumping in against AI.

But overall, I am actually a bit shocked as to how much I ended up loving both games, and I am also surprised as to how different they really are.

If anyone else is playing either this or Friday the 13th feel free to hit me up!

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
So Moon Remix RPG is coming out in Japan on the 10th. The worldwide release is apparently coming "sometime later." So can I expect it to be here the 11th? I've waited long enough for this game to finally get localized.