• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
thinks to himself "wtf is ghost blade hd?"

*googles

oh, a bullet hell shooter, no wonder I havent heard about it. Every time, I swear.

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
I've fancied Armello for a while and am getting it either way but do people feel the bundle is worth the extra over the base game? Having never played it I can't really work out the true value in it.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
What are some good engrossing visual novels on the Switch? Not including Ace Attorney, already have and love that one.
Ai: The Somnium Files just released last month! If you liked 999 or Virtue's Last Reward it's by the same creator and I think it's a great VN with likeable characters and really great voice acting. Just disclaimer wise, it's rated mature for some violence and horny jokes but if you don't mind that, I think it's one of the best VNs I've played recently.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
is collection of Mana worth it for $33 with the trials of mana remake on the way?
final fantasy adventure doesnt look too enjoyable lol

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
What are some good engrossing visual novels on the Switch? Not including Ace Attorney, already have and love that one.
Ai: The Somnium Files just released last month! If you liked 999 or Virtue's Last Reward it's by the same creator and I think it's a great VN with likeable characters and really great voice acting. Just disclaimer wise, it's rated mature for some violence and horny jokes but if you don't mind that, I think it's one of the best VNs I've played recently.
I started AI Somnium Files last night. Seems really good so far.
I third this. Also, steins;Gate is one of my favourite games of all time, but I haven't yet played the Elite version, which is what is on Switch.

Grandben

Nov 6, 2017
Counter to these same-month surprise releases, Lonely Mountains: Downhill is coming to all platforms but Switch on October 23, as the performance is not up to the developer's standards yet.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, yes i was.

I was eyeing up the limited edition SG Elite this morning though. I have played it on Vita and watched the anime, so i'm not sure how much is left for me now. Looks like a lovely package though.....
Yeah, I played it on Vita and watched the anime too, but I love it so much it's one of the few games worthy of a double-dip just to have physical. Also, despite missing some content, Elite seems like it would be fun to breeze through again.

Not sure 'breeze through' really applies to a game that can get this dark though lol.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I must be missing something: I've been looking for days on the eShop and I still can't find Overwatch sans the Nintendo Online 3 Months sub?

i dont think it exists, the 3 months are just a freebie, the game is always 40

I've said it in a couple of threads before. But remember, CD Keys are selling Overwatch Legendary Edition for just £23.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I played it on Vita and watched the anime too, but I love it so much it's one of the few games worthy of a double-dip just to have physical. Also, despite missing some content, Elite seems like it would be fun to breeze through again.

Not sure 'breeze through' really applies to a game that can get this dark though lol.
I haven't played through Elite but the PS4/PC version is worth getting for the Linear Bounded Phenogram stories at least.

Feb 15, 2018
I haven't played through Elite but the PS4/PC version is worth getting for the Linear Bounded Phenogram stories at least.

Unfortunately i would never want to play a VN on the TV, and the remote play to my Vita and iPad is too flaky to be reliable. Its a real shame as i wanted to pick up 428 Shibuya Scramble, but i know i would never play it if i had to do all the reading from a TV.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately i would never want to play a VN on the TV, and the remote play to my Vita and iPad is too flaky to be reliable. Its a real shame as i wanted to pick up 428 Shibuya Scramble, but i know i would never play it if i had to do all the reading from a TV.
Yeah, I'm the same. I'm still hopeful it'll find its way to Switch at some point.

If the Steam version ever has a deep sale, I might grab it though. I don't usually play VNs on my laptop, but I did somehow get through The Silver Case so guess I could do it it for LBP. I previously grabbed 428 during a sale on Steam for the same reason.

Edit: do you have a PC? You might have more luck streaming from that.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
The Yooka-Laylee preorder discount has ended already, 5 days before the game is out? I was waiting for reviews to see if I was interested, did they really end the discount the day reviews went up? That's pretty shitty.

sOba

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
This month's discount is killing my wallet, so far got: Dragon's Dogma, Celeste, Yoku, Goose game, Windjammers, Fire Emblem and Garou out of discount and i'm planning to get FF12 and WoF

please stop me, my backlog hurts

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
The Yooka-Laylee preorder discount has ended already, 5 days before the game is out? I was waiting for reviews to see if I was interested, did they really end the discount the day reviews went up? That's pretty shitty.

Yes, but the discount ended after the reviews went live. I had already looked at the discount period and noticed that it would end yesterday, so I placed a discount order directly after reading the reviews. It was just 10% BTW.

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
Aye, I thought that was a bit off too. The upshot is I'm just going to wait until it's on sale now because October and I'd feel like a mug paying full price. Well played, marketing department.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Watched a review that sorta talked me out of Anodyne... you know your backlog of games is too out of control when you're humming-and-harring over $1.65NZ lol.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
VN reading on a TV is the worst and I avoid it at all costs, but the only game I've made an exception for was 428 and it was sooo worth it. Still I can understand passing on it... Now that's a game that needs a Switch port if only to be available portably; it's a real gem and the localization work is top notch.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
But yeah Elliot Quest is on Switch, I just worded that sentence a bit strangely. That game is super under-appreciated.
What you meant was Armillo and Scram Kitty (!!!!!!!!!) deserve Switch ports because it is absolutely criminal that Scram Kitty hasn't gotten a port yet. That game is incredible and was so so so so so overlooked and underrated on Wii U and I doubt it got any more attention when it jumped to PS4/V.

Port it, Rhod!

So on the fence about the Goose game. I hear it is short and hitman...
so what's stopping you, those two words are instabuy selling points lol

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
So I finally pulled the trigger for the Street Fighter Collection because for 16€ is a steal and shitton of content even if the online is crap (so I heard?), but I don't see how I can play the roms in their japanese version??

I was under the impression it had been updated and you could run the roms in both ww/jpn, ugh please don't tell me it's only the International version (JPN-exclusive) offering the choice? 😫

This month's discount is killing my wallet, so far got: Dragon's Dogma, Celeste, Yoku, Goose game, Windjammers, Fire Emblem and Garou out of discount and i'm planning to get FF12 and WoF

please stop me, my backlog hurts

GAROU is on sale? Where??

Damn I wish we had a sale on ACAs... after the tiny old sale we never had it again

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So I finally pulled the trigger for the Street Fighter Collection because for 16€ is a steal and shitton of content even if the online is crap (so I heard?), but I don't see how I can play the roms in their japanese version??

I was under the impression it had been updated and you could run the roms in both ww/jpn, ugh please don't tell me it's only the International version (JPN-exclusive) offering the choice? 😫
Different SKUs I believe.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I ran to check on my Switch if Garou is on sale too lol (it's not, at least on the US one).

sOba

Oct 28, 2017
Italy

GAROU is on sale? Where??

Damn I wish we had a sale on ACAs... after the tiny old sale we never had it again
It's not, i think at least. It's one of two i bought despite the huge sale because of that thread praising the snk fighting games

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain

Hi Guys! We confirm the signing of the agreement regarding remakes of the games "The House of the Dead" and "The House of the Dead 2". No platforms or release dates have been confirmed, and unfortunately we can't say anything more for now.
I know they haven't announced the platforms yet, but...
GIMME GYRO CONTROLS!

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's a dick move.

On another, unrelated subject: Lucas Pope, if you're reading this (and even if you're not) let me pre order Return of the Obra Dinn before I cave and spend the money on Overwatch!

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone played digimon? Is it really close to Pokémon or is it more traditional JRPG with monster collecting and raising?

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is collection of Mana worth it for $33 with the trials of mana remake on the way?
final fantasy adventure doesnt look too enjoyable lol
I'm sure I'll get destroyed for this comment but here goes:

I haven't played the first Mana game or the third one, but Secret of Mana's difficulty is that old school difficulty that isn't fun to master, it's just frustrating bullshit. The game is gorgeous and the soundtrack even more so, but the difficulty and gameplay throughout the game is just trash to me. It's not fun.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Anyone played digimon? Is it really close to Pokémon or is it more traditional JRPG with monster collecting and raising?
It's like a Persona lite. Very story focused, the monster raising part is exactly like persona/SMT's including Monster Fusion and there's a small-ish city "overworld" with a few areas outside of the dungeons that get reused constantly (but that's not a point against it, they're interesting enough and it makes sense story-wise, the city is where the story takes place). I really liked the first one, haven't played the second one but heard good things.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
It's like a Persona lite. Very story focused, the monster raising part is exactly like persona/SMT's including Monster Fusion and there's a small-ish city "overworld" with a few areas outside of the dungeons that get reused constantly (but that's not a point against it, they're interesting enough and it makes sense story-wise, the city is where the story takes place). I really liked the first one, haven't played the second one but heard good things.
shutupandtakemymoney.gif

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Downloading Crossniq+ on my lunch break... look at this trailer and tell me this isn't the sickest-looking goddamn puzzle game. And those breakbeats? So dang good....i'm glad we're getting to see more and more stuff influenced by this era of design & games. And I think the puzzle gameplay itself looks pretty promising as well.