• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations for games 20 bucks and less? It would be good if it has some replayability to it or multiplayer of some kind. I was thinking of getting killer queen black when it came out.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Day 1
A Hat in Time
Neo Cab
Spirit Hunter: NG

Wishlist
The Alliance Alive HD Remastered
Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
Disgaea 4 Complete+
Dusk Diver
fault: milestone one
Killer Queen Black
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Vampyr
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody play a lot of games online? I sure don't. I'm wondering what I can expect from Killer Queen, as in if it'll be dead in a couple weeks.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Day 1 for Luigi, never tried the series before.

The Witcher 3 will have to wait, grrrrr. No time for a lengthy action RPG rn. Story of Seasons looks charming, must do some research on that.

Tyvm for the thread, OP! 👌🏼

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the thread as always.

As much as I would like to buy a bunch of games, I'm just gonna hold off until I need a break from DQXI. Game is just massive and awesome.

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yooka-Laylee, Monkey Ball, and Luigi's Mansion for me. Although I might not buy them this month.. I still haven't bought Spyro or Link's Awakening from last month! Money has been tight. Luckily my Switch backlog is already more than enough to keep me occupied.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Luigi's Mansion 3 is preloaded. Gonna get Ring Fit Adventure with my GCU. I'm a probably on Neo Cab & Killer Queen Black. Really want Doraemon Story of Seasons but I'll probably wait for a sale for that and Banana Blitz.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Are you interested just because zombies, or have you played it elsewhere and it's good?

The Ghost Busters and Night of the Living Dead DLC has me interested.

Played the first one on iOS (it's free).

I'm a sucker for zombies, but also enjoyed the game. The lack of physical buttons unfortunately makes me not want to play it for more than 5 minutes (happens with most iOS games, except turn based RPGs and such).

This one looks better in every aspect and with buttons :D

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Do tell. I'm interested in it since it kind of reminds me of Little Nightmares.

I don't know what to say really other than that it's a pretty charming, fun and adorable 3d platformer that plays around with the use of light sometimes in a unique way.

Obviously it's not as special as something like the Mario games etc but for a reasonable price it's worth looking into it.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I have a strange question. In the middle of October, I will be moving to live in another continent (Europe to South America) for a few weeks.

I will probably want to buy a few eShop games when there - but will be using the EU shop (not making a new account)

Do you think I should add funds to the wallet before I go - or will I still be able to use an EU card on the EU Shop to add funds, when in another country.

This might be a weird bank / Nintendo thing, but it is probably safer to add €50 rather than risk having €0 if I need it?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
October also seems quite busy, more games dropping than expected.

Children of Morata and Luigis Mansion 3 are my confirmed Day 1 purchases.

Also interested in NeoCap (down the line on a sale).

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CROSSNIQ+, Neo Cab, River City Melee Mach, Ninja Saviors and maybe Vampyr too if the port is good. I'm quite looking forward to CROSSNIQ+ in particular as I've been following the dev on Twitter for months and the game's aesthetic looks extremely appealing.

Edit: Oh boy, Baldur's Gate is this month too.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• Av - Chop is Dish - Victory Road - $3.00/€3.00 - 69 MB
    --
  • 01 - 80 Days - Inkle - $12.99/€11.29 - 179 MB
  • 01 - Super Crate Box - Vlambeer - $4.99/€4.29 - 52 MB
  • 01 - YU-NO: A girl who chants love at the bound of this world - Spike Chunsoft - $49.99/€49.99 - 4.9 GB *10/04 on EU*
  • 01 - Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition - Rebellion Interact - $34.99/€34.99 (Preorder sale: $31.49/€31.49) - 6.2 GB
  • 01 - Lanternium - Victory Road - $9.99/€9.99 - 439 MB
    --
  • 02 - Spooky Ghosts Dot Com - Lone Wolf Technology - $4.99 - 61 MB
    halloweensealsmall6ukpk.png

--
  • 03 - Candleman - Indienova - $14.99/€13.99 - 1.4 GB
  • 03 - Galaxy Champions TV - Silesia Games - $6.99/€6.99 (Preorder sale: $4.89/€4.89) - 271 MB
  • 03 - fault: milestone one - Sekai Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.0 GB
  • 03 - Hexagroove: Tactical DJ - Ichigoichie - $29.99/€34.99 - 670 MB
  • 03 - Neo Cab - Fellow Traveller - $19.99/€19.99 (Preorder sale: $17.99/€17.99) - 358 MB
  • 03 - Case: Animatronics - OOO Valnat - $19.99/€19.99 - 385 MB
  • 03 - Cubixx - Ghostlight - $7.49/€6.69 - 115 MB
  • 03 - Tic-Tac-Letters by POWGI - Lightwood Games - $7.99/€7.99 - 72 MB
    --
  • 04 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered - Saber Interactive - $29.99/€34.99 - 3.2 GB
  • 04 - CROSSNIQ+ - Future Memory - $7.99 - 964 MB
  • 04 - One Night Stand - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 421 MB
  • 04 - The Tiny Bang Story - Ellada Games - $9.99/€8.49 (Preorder sale: $7.99/€6.79) - 204 MB
  • 04 - Rimelands: Hammer of Thor - QubicGames - $9.99/€9.99 (Sale if you own one QubicGames game: €4.99) - 215 MB
  • 04 - Beats Runner - FuryLion Group - $6.99/€6.99 (Preorder sale: €5.59) - 128 MB
  • 04 - Soul Knight - ChillyRoom - €10.99 - 118 MB *EU*
    --
  • 05 - Double Switch - 25th Anniversary Edition - Limited Run Games - $14.99 - 4.4 GB

Nintendo Switch - DLCs

• Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order - Nintendo
    Av - Expansion 1: Curse of the Vampire

Nintendo Switch - Demos

• Av - Space War Arena - Playchemy
  • 04 - Skybolt Zack - Devs Must Die/Green Man Gaming

- Japan

• 03 - Super Robot Taisen V - Bandai Namco Games - ¥8,208
  • 03 - Amnesia: Later x Crowd - Idea Factory - ¥7,344
  • 04 - Marisa to Alice no Trap Tower - Mediascape - ¥1,528

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing work as always tolkir. I won't @ you, I'm sure your notifications go crazy whenever there's a new thread!

Difficult month for me. A huge amount of games again, but I'll have to limit myself to the physical Witcher 3 (I very rarely go physical, but I gotta save those poor gigabytes) because I am also picking up the the Mega Drive Mini.

Hopefully I can squeeze in a Vampyr toward the end. I had no idea about Battlestar Galactica - if that port turns out okay, it's definitely going on the list, but I have no idea when!

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I'm not really a "day one" guy, so I probably won't buy any of the new releases. By now, I have a nice and cozy backlog, so I have lots of games to play and don't need to buy anything full price. Sales, however, are a different matter... We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the new thread as usual, Tolkir!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Yooka Laylee and Luigi's I already have pre ordered.

Story of Seasons I might be tempted with as I wouldn't mind losing myself in another farming sim.

I've already played A Hat in Time on the PS4, not sure I fancy double dipping just yet.

Mos Def

Sep 17, 2019
Children of Morta is the only one I will probably get my hands on in October, other than that, Witcher 3 alone is enough to keep me busy for the entire month.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to neo cab in a few days, demo was really good.
Just hope the conversations with the passengers doesn't go on for too long, felt like a few of them could have been a bit shorter

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I will try to get LM3 early, but I'm interested in all of those:

- Children of Morta
- The Witcher 3
- NG
- Fault Milestone One
- YU-NO
- A Hat in Time
- Valfaris
- Raging Loop

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I have a strange question. In the middle of October, I will be moving to live in another continent (Europe to South America) for a few weeks.

I will probably want to buy a few eShop games when there - but will be using the EU shop (not making a new account)

Do you think I should add funds to the wallet before I go - or will I still be able to use an EU card on the EU Shop to add funds, when in another country.

This might be a weird bank / Nintendo thing, but it is probably safer to add €50 rather than risk having €0 if I need it?
You can use any Eshop from anywhere, as long as your payment method is a valid one. I'm in Costa Rica and have used the EU Eshop in the past without issue.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
October will be huge!. I will spread my September and October purchases into November, December, January and February. I mean its not like there is a whole lot of interesting stuff coming out early next year (for now)

Interesting releases for me are Resident Evil 5, Witcher 3, Luigi's Mansion and Ring Fit. I might get a smaller title too as there seem to be some interesting ones releasing.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I really wished they had a demo for The Witcher 3 ala the Dragon Quest XI demo.

Like Dragon Quest XI before it, I already own Witcher 3 on a more powerful platform but I am more than willing to double dip if the port is good enough.

Last edited:

Kryornis

Mar 1, 2019
France, Occitania
Yes. People are quick to compare them to Pokemon, but the Cyber Sleuth games share more in common with Dragon Quest Monsters in design, given the monster fusion system. The Digimon World games are a totally different kettle of fish though, and play more like Monster Rancher given their focus on virtual-pet gameplay, requiring you to care for the needs of your Digimon as the central focus.

Thanks for this explanation :)
The only Digimon games I played were the first Digimon World and World 3 on the original PS.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Seen a post or two referencing Yu-no censorship I thought Nintendo wouldn't be censoring their games? :-/

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Best thread on ERA - thanks for another month, tolkir!

Only planning on Gooigi's Mansion 3 and Ring Fit Adventure this month but I'm sure I'll crack and pickup something else along the way.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so Warsaw, the "WW2 Darkest Dungeon" is out on PC October 2nd, I take it the Switch version has no date?

Also Children of Morta page is up, $21.99 / 21.99€ same as Steam, I was sure they would bump it to 24.99 tbh.

Also Sparklite has a page and a release date apparently, November 14th and it will be 24.99

Last edited: