• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought the SNK collection so far.. Not all the games are great but at less than $1 per game its a good price.
Might get puzzle quest too, got really into Gems of War earlier this year but the f2p stuff got old. Also Bloodstained for $5 is tempting..

Can anyone recommend Skulls of the Shogun or Bomber crew? Both sub $5. I know the latter is similar to FTL but I hope it's less punishing.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I have three My Nintendo 3DS theme download codes that I must've grabbed by mistake over the past few months, since when I went to redeem them I got error messages that said I already own them. One is a Halloween Animal Crossing theme but I don't know what the other two are. If anyone wants them, quote me and I'll send the codes via PM. :)

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I have three My Nintendo 3DS theme download codes that I must've grabbed by mistake over the past few months, since when I went to redeem them I got error messages that said I already own them. One is a Halloween Animal Crossing theme but I don't know what the other two are. If anyone wants them, quote me and I'll send the codes via PM. :)
Are those region locked by any chance?
I have an AUS Nintendo account, but my friend (that I share the 3DS with) is Halloween obsessed. She would love that.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
The only reason something shouldn't be on sale in all regions is if the game literally isn't available in that place to begin with.

Regional sales as stupid.

A weird hold-over from the old days in this glorious region free era.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The only reason something shouldn't be on sale in all regions is if the game literally isn't available in that place to begin with.

Regional sales as stupid.

A weird hold-over from the old days in this glorious region free era.

Yup and why Steam sales are still the king. A good example is right now, Bloodstained is on sale in both EU and NA, but the 8bit prequel is only on sale in NA... why?

Not to mention games that came out recently on the same day, like Ori or PuzzleQuest are on sale in one region and not the other. I mean you could say "different publisher" maybe but I'm sure Ori is published by MS in every region.

Just a shitty thing consoles still do and I don't get why.

DeepChord

Jan 21, 2018
Is Dragon Quest Builders 2 performance ok in handheld for the campaign? I know it sucks for some user islands.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Finally picked up Celeste. Really nice platformer, and very stylish to boot too.

Continuing through Jedi Outcast II, finally beat the first level after 12 years...

And just found out SK King of Cards comes out December 10th.

I have about 60 Switch titles now, and think I've completed like... 8?

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
After the Black Friday sale, I now have 94 digital Switch games (plus one physical game and two apps). This is a problem. Is this a problem?

I also have 97 icons on my Switch (deleted some bad cheap picks and all demos)
That's 33 per year, <2 per month.

It's not a problem.
However I actually haven't finished 70% of the games, that's a problem. But in this sale I only added Unravel 2 & Ori. I try to be more selective. Especially on big budget games (regret buying Hyrule Warrior and Mario Tennis as well as Astral Chain and Yoshi at day one).

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
ugh notifications not working again... missed

Yeah I read that but it's not helping much...
seems like these games must have sold 10 copies on Switch and only 3 of us completed S1 lol

On Switch I don't think you do?

You mean I don't need to select anything? Then it's not working. Ugh.

Ori not being on sale in EU is pretty annoying.

And not just Ori. There's many good titles exclusive to the NA BF sale

Last edited:

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
You have to change region. As you've found, if you have US store credit that will block a region change; from other regions, you would lose any credit.
Does having gold coins also block you from changing region? I have 0 USD credit, and have found I can't change my region at all today. The option is greyed out in my usual profile page.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
The Touryst is amazing. Probably the best Shin'en game. Not only is it technically flawless, but the gameplay is genuinely good and there's a lot of personnality to the game. Probably one of the strongest Switch exclusive this year, as far as I'm concerned.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
ugh notifications not working again... missed

Yeah I read that but it's not helping much...
seems like these games must have sold 10 copies on Switch and only 3 of us completed S1 lol

You mean I don't need to select anything? Then it's not working. Ugh.
From earlier in this thread:
Also, TEW does not read your S1 save file directly. So when you start TEW after finishing the first game, you are prompted to select all your major decisions from S1. This means that your major plot decisions all carry forward, but not tiny dialogue-level choices, which I think is what happens on PC.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After the Black Friday sale, I now have 94 digital Switch games (plus one physical game and two apps). This is a problem. Is this a problem?
I'm just under 200 after this black friday. I'll probably hit the big 2 O before the third year anniversary of the console lol

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
The Touryst is amazing. Probably the best Shin'en game. Not only is it technically flawless, but the gameplay is genuinely good and there's a lot of personnality to the game. Probably one of the strongest Switch exclusive this year, as far as I'm concerned.
Agreed 100%

I honestly enjoy it more than Link's Awakening.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yall should just make a permanent secondary account for this instead of having to switch every time. I used a burner email and made multiple profiles for different regions so I wouldn't even have to bother switching around like this. Makes it so much easier.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
use a mail.com email as youn can have 10 alias that link into your main mail.com account and set up each region

for example i have my main acc

then is have an account called USA, Mexico, Japan, Norway, South Africa...so easy this way as you just choose the eshop region you want from the home screen...

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
use a mail.com email as youn can have 10 alias that link into your main mail.com account and set up each region

then is have an account called USA, Mexico, Japan, Norway, South Africa...so easy this way as you just choose the eshop region you want from the home screen...
Gmail using +aliases is what I use. That way everything goes to just one email address but I can have as many different region accounts as I need.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
also VC4 only discounts the vanilla version and not the complete edition, which will forever annoy me and prevent me from buying it.

yes, I'm that petty.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
head's up EU

Super Chariot is 95% off 0.99€

Also Jamestown + is up for pre-order with 17% discount

Last edited:

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

You can do aliases with gmail by adding the plus sign followed by any string to the email, so:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

etc etc all go to the same inbox. That's how I do it.

This is great for subscribing to external services that you suspect may sell your data as well. For example you could subscribe to netflix with [email protected], and if you ever get spam addressed to that, you'll know where it came from. Also, you can set up filters based on those.

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here played Golazo? I am fiending for a good arcade soccer game, but I've probably wasted thirty bucks on bad ones in the Switch eShop, and since it doesn't look like Sega will re-release Sega Soccer Slam or like EA will revive FIFA Street anytime soon, I'm going to have to look at indies.

Is Golazo good, or is it another Legendary Eleven? Does it actually feel good to play, especially the player movement? Anyone?

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is out today......I've been interested in it since it came out on PC and would be all over it today if I hadn't just grabbed a couple things on the sale; still very interested in impressions if anyone gives the Switch version a go.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Turok and Turok 2 are going for $6.99 each (US eShop, 65% off)

Ugh, this sale continues to pull at my pockets. I just bought 24 games today but why not throw these on the pile, too. 🤷‍♂️

It's only a shame that there aren't any 10%+ off eShop card deals anywhere online. I remember the good ol' days when you could stockpile a ton of eShop funds at 20% off from Best Buy around the holidays, and then each year after that the discounts grew smaller and smaller. At least we have nearly a thousand games on sale to choose from this year to help make up for the lack of deals on eShop funds, I guess...

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Turok and Turok 2 are going for $6.99 each (US eShop, 65% off)

I thought I was done with this BF.

Ha.

Never played Turok and I'm very curious. I'll grab the first one.

Ugh, this sale continues to pull at my pockets. I just bought 24 games today but why not throw these on the pile, too. 🤷‍♂️

It's only a shame that there aren't any 10%+ off eShop card deals anywhere online. I remember the good ol' days when you could stockpile a ton of eShop funds at 20% off from Best Buy around the holidays, and then each year after that the discounts grew smaller and smaller. At least we have nearly a thousand games on sale to choose from this year to help make up for the lack of deals on eShop funds, I guess...

Actually, there is a 10% Paypal deal going on for NA eshop cards:

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I used to always choose the slow shipping option from amazon and then use those $1 rewards to get eshop cards. When they took that option away my purchases went way down. On the flip side I have bought a lot of books that way, so probably better for my brain health in the long run. I don't think there has been a good credit sale in a long time at the major retailers, which hopefully will change this holiday season.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
how do i buy an eshop game as a gift? is that an option? and do i need to be signed into a nintendo account?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Actually, there is a 10% Paypal deal going on for NA eshop cards:

Oh, is this the same promo that they were running a few days ago? I actually bought a code yesterday but when I came back to buy another a few hours ago at the discounted rate, it wouldn't let me. There must be something special about your link because I managed to buy a second code just now. Thanks! lol

I used to always choose the slow shipping option from amazon and then use those $1 rewards to get eshop cards. When they took that option away my purchases went way down. On the flip side I have bought a lot of books that way, so probably better for my brain health in the long run. I don't think there has been a good credit sale in a long time at the major retailers, which hopefully will change this holiday season.

Yeah, if that change forced you to read more books and save more money, that's actually pretty cool. :)

*continues buying more Switch games and neglecting ebook backlog*

Besides the Turok games, what new sales are happening today that weren't there yesterday?

Not a whole lot. Try here and scroll down until you get to Rest in Pieces (the last game that received a discount yesterday).

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to a $20 eshop card, and 2 discounted $50 codes from PayPal, here's my haul:
-Puzzle Quest
-Castlevania Collection
- Galak-Z: The Void
Torchlight II
-Lichtspeer
-Ori and the Blind Forest
-Not Not
-Rekt!
-Don't Starve
-My Friend Pedro
-Gato Robo
-OlliOlli: Switch Stance
-Asterbreed
-MagiCat
-Lumines
-Fox n Forests

I still need to look over any extras from the gold coins, but I recommend BarrierX.

I played it on mobile and it's a little over a dollar on Switch.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Seems some additional games went on sale today? I see Groove Coaster already got a discount being $50 instead of $60 & Cytus is $35 instead of $50.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I probably should wait until the new thread for this but does anyone have any impressions of Pianista? It's finally at a sweet spot price for me and it looks pretty much like Rock Band but with classical music. Would that be a fair assumption?