• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know if the Grandia collection has been patched to fix all the issues it had at release? Last I saw, there was a patch coming in November, but I don't see if it's out yet. Might get it on sale if so.
Hold up. Did they patch Grandia HD Collection on the Switch?
There was a patch released in November that partially fixed some issues, with another scheduled for December to make additional fixes.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Hey, would ya look at that. It only took the Switch version of Sushi Striker nearly 18 months to get its eShop price-cut, but it's finally here, amongst an ocean of other discounted games competing for your dollar. At least the two people waiting for a cheaper digital price can finally have their wish fulfilled.

Well, there'll be over 3000 games by the end of the year, so yeah, 1k games on sale seems guaranteed at this point.

That'll be at least 1/3 of the entire Switch library on sale.

That would be truly something. We've come so far from the early months in the Switch lifecycle when absolutely nothing went on sale, ever.

and people still say "nothing is on sale" or "this sale blows"

"90% of the games are shovelware trash"

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's so much I want to buy and I can't justify a single inch of it.

The fuck did I buy a WiiU and a line-up of games for last month.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I bought both Bertram games, Ori, Earthlock,and a couple others I forgot lol. I'll run through the sale again tonight and I'm trying to keep myself under another 50 or so bucks. Switch continues to decimate my wallet but I love it <3

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I can't believe I almost forgot to post my monthly Schwarzenegger to keep the streak alive. Shame on me.

quote-i-love-thanksgiving-turkey-it-s-the-only-time-in-los-angeles-that-you-see-natural-breasts-arnold-schwarzenegger-58-21-42.jpg

We should all give thanks to Arnold and tolkir for their invaluable contributions to mankind and for keeping the Skynet eShop servers running despite heavy traffic on this blessed day.

🦃

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Does the $20 digital Starlink include everything I'd want? Like, I won't run into a need to buy a toy/microtransaction to use some ship or weapon?
There is no need to ever spend any money with even just the base standard version.

Starlink: Battle for Atlas |OT| DO A BARR-- No, you do NOT need to buy the toys!

Developer: Ubisoft Toronto Publisher: Ubisoft Release: October 16, 2018 Platform: Nintendo Switch | PlayStation 4 | Xbox One Genre: Open-Universe Shooter/Anti-Colonization Strategy Sim/Featuring Fox McCloud from Star Fox series Multiplayer: Yes, 2-player drop-in/drop-out local splitscreen co-op...

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Is the on sale section of the on console eshop screwed for anyone else? I only get a few pages of items, and it's excluding things which I know are on sale - if I search for something specifically, it shows up.

I tried both US and IE stores.

Working now. Must have been a temporary glitch.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ay I bought a refurb Pro Controller from Best Buy for 40 bucks less than it is new, and it's basically new! The box was a tiny bit opened and that's it haha.

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
was thinking about mine a lot lately, in the sense I cant imagine ever going back to normal ones, so if there is ever a "switch pro" or whatever, it better work on it lol
I was on the fence about getting the Satisfye grip for a long time but I'm glad I didn't get them. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to justify getting these ridiculous looking things. Excited for the programmable rear trigger buttons.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I was on the fence about getting the Satisfye grip for a long time but I'm glad I didn't get them. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to justify getting these ridiculous looking things. Excited for the programmable rear trigger buttons.

its weird the first couple of days (the sticks have a lot of... travel or however you call that) but you get used to it. What never goes away is the fact because the switch is so big with them on, it wont fit in any case. For example I take mine to work on a backpack (well I already did that anyway) and now its just kinda loose inside there which im not a fan.

Also head's up for our EU posse, both cdkeys and instant gaming are having Black Friday sales starting tomorrow (actually instant gaming starts at midnight), its probably mostly PC games as usual, but you never know could be some switch stuff.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys how do I use my save for TT's Batman Season 1 to start on Batman Enemy Within?

Loved the 1st one as a story gamebook to play in bed, and for $3.75? freakin' no brainer

its weird the first couple of days (the sticks have a lot of... travel or however you call that) but you get used to it. What never goes away is the fact because the switch is so big with them on, it wont fit in any case. For example I take mine to work on a backpack (well I already did that anyway) and now its just kinda loose inside there which im not a fan.

Also head's up for our EU posse, both cdkeys and instant gaming are having Black Friday sales starting tomorrow (actually instant gaming starts at midnight), its probably mostly PC games as usual, but you never know could be some switch stuff.

Please give us a heads up if you find anything Switch :)

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
After the Black Friday sale, I now have 94 digital Switch games (plus one physical game and two apps). This is a problem. Is this a problem?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
After the Black Friday sale, I now have 94 digital Switch games (plus one physical game and two apps). This is a problem. Is this a problem?

I only stopped caring when I hit around 4k on Steam, so in price->easiness to obtain ratio (switch sales are still nowhere near as good as the steam hay day sales, plus you have a million indie bundles on pc feeding your game count), Im guessing i'll stop caring at say... 500ish on Switch? im at like 140 so still a ways off :3

If they dont carry over to a potencial switch 2 then I'll REALLY stop caring >_>

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No, no it isn't a problem. I have an insane amount too and yet I just bought Assault Android Cactus, Pix the Cat, Rogue Legacy, and Slay the Spire. And I consider that controlling myself lol.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Katamari was only £4 after the discount + coins I had left over. Its worth that price for the theme song alone! Not quite sure when I'll start it, I'm still glued to Yooka Laylee &Impossible Lair plus Groove Coaster.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Act 1 in slay the spire. Yeah I can already tell this game will be dangerously addictive.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
EU Black Friday alert

Instant Gaming has Luigi's Mansion 3 for 42.99€ (down from the usual 47.99€) and 35€ gift card for 28.49€ (down from usual 31.99€)

Will deffo jump on the gift card, probably 2 of them to get the wallet ready for whatever xmas deals we might get.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
How is the Genesis Classics collection? Any issues with emulation or latency?

Basically it boils down to how sensitive you personally are to input lag and emulation inconsistencies. The severity of it seems to vary from person to person, as I've seen from different members here and on GameFAQs over the past year. SEGA rolled out a few patches soon after release but there haven't been any in a long time, so it's safe to say that the state the game is in now is here for good, for better or worse. From what I've played, the faster, more twitch-based games like Sonic suffer from delayed input, but slower games like the Phantasy Stars should hold up fine enough. Just look at this and you'll see how split the reception has been and will continue to be.

But a portable collection of Genesis games for $15 regardless of its faults is a really enticing sell for sure.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Puzzle Quest looks blurry as hell. And I'm not even sensitive about things like that. Hell, Xenoblade and Dragon Quest XI look amazing to me.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I've been staring at Disgaea 5 ever since the Switch launched. I've never heard great things about it, but I've always heard good things. I played the demo once long ago, and remember being a little confused during the combat.

Anyone out there willing to say it's a no brainer at $20?

Last edited:

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I've been staring at Disgaea 5 ever since the Switch launched. I've never heard great things about I, but I've always heard good things. I played the demo once, long ago, and remember being a little confused during the combat.

Anyone out there willing to say it's a no brainer at $20?
I mean, for the amount of content you get for $20 I'd say it's a no brainer but I honestly could never get into the Disgaea games, even though I love SRPGs, so I personally couldn't recommend it.

Isn't there a demo?

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
How is the Genesis Classics collection? Any issues with emulation or latency?
I bought it, and have played most games a little bit. The only bad thing I've noticed so far is the death scream of the female enemies in Streets of Rage 3 is fucked up. So I tested 2 and they scream normally there! Weird.

edit: further testing reveals the Landstalker enemies' death scream is also wrong! So the sound emulation is wonky.
edit 2: I googled it and found video of the same messed up scream on the PS4 version too! NEAT.

Last edited:

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
Is Ace Attorney Trilogy still not in Spanish? I know Capcom updated it recently to add a bunch of missing languages, but Spanish was not among the patched languages. Anyone know if there was a separate update that corrected this wrong? It was available on the DS :(

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I bought it, and have played most games a little bit. The only bad thing I've noticed so far is the death scream of the female enemies in Streets of Rage 3 is fucked up. So I tested 2 and they scream normally there! Weird.

edit: further testing reveals the Landstalker enemies' death scream is also wrong! So the sound emulation is wonky.
edit 2: I googled it and found video of the same messed up scream on the PS4 version too! NEAT.
FYI that's a universal issue for almost all genesis sound emulation that's compounded by the system having nearly six different sound chips between the revisions