• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Got Mana Spark on sale and was really excited to try it, but the right stick drifting on my JoyCon makes it impossible to play. :(

Had 2 joycons serviced by Nintendo and both started drifting again after a few months. I had tried everything but nothing seemed to work past a couple weeks at the beginning. Then I did this process and after 2 months is still going strong!

Yep, there's a solution: get some fast drying contacts cleaner spray (RC2, CRC, WD40...) and some tweezers. Carefully pinch the rubber semi-circle beneath the analog stick and lift it: now let a few drops (yeah it's a spryer but you'll gently push and the liquid will slowly travel thru the "straw" and you'll let the drops hit the target). Now just rotate and move the stick so that the cleaner lubrificates every direction of the stick fully. There's a Nintendo Life video you can follow but it's pretty straightforward.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I need to find some of that contact cleaner for my green joycon. I'm having to play with the default basic bitch red/blue and it's killing me.

Layth

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Cadence of Hyrule is confirmed for June! It was announced as part of the Japan Indie World presentation.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Is Akane any good? It looks similar to Katana Zero except much cheaper.
It's nothing like Katana Zero. It's a score attack type game. Effectively hoard mode. Enemies run at you, you take them out. One hit kill for both you and the basic enemies. Some enemies (and bosses, obv) take a bit more. I really like it.

Worth knowing that there's no online leaderboards and apparently there was a crash bug on the first boss (avoidable though) - but there has been an update so I don't know if it was fixed or not.

Oct 26, 2017
It's nothing like Katana Zero. It's a score attack type game. Effectively hoard mode. Enemies run at you, you take them out. One hit kill for both you and the basic enemies. Some enemies (and bosses, obv) take a bit more. I really like it.

Worth knowing that there's no online leaderboards and apparently there was a crash bug on the first boss (avoidable though) - but there has been an update so I don't know if it was fixed or not.
Thanks for the impressions! If the gameplay is fun and learning curve not too steep I might pick it up.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
So...might now be in need of some eShop credit after the recent sale...any place out there to pick some up at a discount?

If you have Costco, $50 cards are always $45. If you follow Slickdeals you can occasionally find other deals. Checking there now, it seems Frys has $35 cards for $28 which is pretty good but in-store only unfortunately.

Supau

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm disappointed by Gato Roboto. I should say I WAS disappointed because after 2.5h and 84% completion rate, I'm finished with it already.

It was fine, but way too short and very by the books.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
What's the word on Shakedown Hawaii? I thought the game looked awesome in the previews back when Switch launched, but I never heard from it again and just found out it released recently.
why not check out the OT

Thanks for the impressions! If the gameplay is fun and learning curve not too steep I might pick it up.
There is zero learning curve. It has a simple tutorial mode (unique map) built in. It's fun. It's actually 50% off if you own another game from the pub.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
This definitely looks like an interesting game. I first saw it on the NCL Indie World video.

It's a train controller arcade game. The best way I can describe it.

Conduct Together.

Now my research shows that it came out in the West late last year. Anyone know anything about it?

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
This definitely looks like an interesting game. I first saw it on the NCL Indie World video.

Conduct Together.

Now my research shows that it came out in the West late last year. Anyone know anything about it?

I've been eyeing this forever but it is the 4th version of the game: iOS (free), AR iOS ($4), Steam ($10), and Switch ($20). Seems fun and simple and I'd love to try it or jump on it but it feels overly expensive for Switch. It's gone on sale twice but only down to $15. I have plenty of other great party games already so this seems a bit much to invest in.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Curious too. Trailer seems fun at least.

I played it 6 hours straight the other day. At its heart and underneath the quirkiness, this game is essentially a puzzle platformer.

It's set in a bizarre world with a....thing...that looks and moves around hilariously. You explore environments and solve puzzles to move on to the next thing. They also throw completely random insane mini games at you a lot as well. There is done equipment (hats) and such that you use to gain different abilities to use in earlier locations , so it's a little bit Metroidvania too. It's cute, a little challenging, and weeeeeird. Really good music, and performance is ok. I do get stutters here and there while playing that resolve in a couple minutes.

I don't play many games like Pikuniku, so I have enjoyed it. It's no GOTY or anything but it's fun and if on sale, I'd say it's a safe purchase if you like puzzle platformers :)

Xero

Oct 25, 2017

Conduct Together.

I have this on steam and its a fun simple puzzle game. You have to manage sending your train to pick up and drop off people while avoiding your other trains you control and various other elements. It starts out easy but once they throw in managing multiple trains it becomes a hectic. It's more simple than the other train puzzle game Train Valley, which you have to build your tracks for the trains. But that switch tax at $20 idk. I would wait for a sale.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
That weird Devolver 2d puzzle game single player or coop focused? The trailers arent clear, it seems like its a single player game but then theres parts where it shows 2 guys, and the little stinger at the end of both trailers is the 2 guys "high-fiving" so whats the deal?

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
I have this on steam and its a fun simple puzzle game. You have to manage sending your train to pick up and drop off people while avoiding your other trains you control and various other elements. It starts out easy but once they throw in managing multiple trains it becomes a hectic. It's more simple than the other train puzzle game Train Valley, which you have to build your tracks for the trains. But that switch tax at $20 idk. I would wait for a sale.

I would add that it's really fun to play together with another person and divide the tasks (for example, one person manages the trains and the other person controls the switches). Also, while it might seem expensive there is a lot of content in the game and mastering levels and unlocking new stages will probably take you dozens of hours.

BentMyWookiee

Oct 27, 2017

Crap. I have to buy these games again?

I'm so excited for this! Most of my gaming time is done portably these days, so this is finally going to be my opportunity to play through BG2 and Planescape Torment. I hope they control well on a console, but as long as there are touch controls too, that should make this fairly doable in case the normal controls feel awkward.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Used my Nintendo coins to buy Enter the Gungeon, so far it looks fun.

Should have waited for Cadence of Hyrule but couldn't resist the low price. I wasn't an impulse buyer with the Switch due to the Increased price on Nintendo games in my country but the eshop balances it with great prices, now I have a backlog, damn.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I've been eyeing this forever but it is the 4th version of the game: iOS (free), AR iOS ($4), Steam ($10), and Switch ($20). Seems fun and simple and I'd love to try it or jump on it but it feels overly expensive for Switch. It's gone on sale twice but only down to $15. I have plenty of other great party games already so this seems a bit much to invest in.

Thanks for that. Yeah it's £18 in the U.K. which is definitely a bit too steep. I'll wait for a very good sale on that one.

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
Haven't beaten Gato Roboto yet but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's short yes but it's all killer. Paced very well too, game's continuously introducing new and interesting ways of challenging the player. Speaking of challenge, the bosses are insane, definitely much harder than I expected. Good thing cats have nine lives cause you'll need them!

I want to give special mention to the sound design. The footsteps you take with the mech has an audible crunch and weight to them. The rockets have a distinct sound for taking off and for exploding, creating a satisfying anticipation leading to sensory release. And obviously Kiki's meows are very cute.

I haven't explored the game in depth but so far it has left a strong first impression.