• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Maybe I'll try Pikuniku at that price. Any thoughts? I remember people being hyped when it came out but not much since then.

Nothing against them, but I don't think I will ever buy a Devolver Digital game at launch, or at least not unless there's a preorder bonus. Ditto's been out what, a month?

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Reigns... I didn't understand the appeal of especially not on the phone. It's supposed to be Tinder level UI simplicity but it never really felt like a game to me?
Downwell is great (assuming you like that type of gameplay) and a steal at full price. Absolute no brainer on sale.
Downwell is basically free and you must have heard the praise by now...

Downwell it is lol

Just wanted to say that Horizon Chase Turbo is a phenomenal product. One of the tightest and best games I've played in awhile.

Horizon Chase Turbo is one of the best arcade racers I played! Really tight gameplay and the soundtrack...omg SO good!

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Coffee Crisis any good? I love my brawlers and am very happy with Capcom Collection, but always up for trying others.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
6,59€ -
5,60€
steam

7,99 €
6,79 €
eShop

what he said. I love my Switch, and I'm buying games like a stupid person lately, but I will ALWAYS call out the Switch tax, the most bullshit thing I've seen in years. I'm fucking looking at you Moonlighter >_<

oh and by the way, holy crap A Robot Named Fight is fantastic :o

u_neek

Oct 28, 2017
Gato Roboto is great fun, controls well and I'm loving the style.

I'm about an hour and a half in, and it's very easy so far although
the Aqueducts boss
took me several tries to beat.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone tried Swords of Ditto or Broforce?

Broforce, I'm interested specifically in the port. Swords of Ditto, I'm looking for general impressions as well as port info.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Gato Roboto is great fun, controls well and I'm loving the style.

I'm about an hour and a half in, and it's very easy so far although
the Aqueducts boss
took me several tries to beat.

I second this, I'm really enjoying my time with it. The boss fights are quite the sudden difficulty spikes, but they're doable.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
The first major update for Katana ZERO is now live with new post-game content, new achievements, fixes / tweaks, and patented Cat Petting Tech. The game is also 20% off for a limited time and we appreciate your support and spreading the news to friends and sworn enemies.

Hard Mode: After completing the game, unlock Hard Mode with an escalating difficulty for master assassins. Includes new enemy types, revamped levels, reworked bosses, and all new challenges. This mode is accessed through the Speedrun Mode menu.
Speedrun Mode: Time your assault with options for stable enemy behavior, scene skipping, expansive statistics and more. Speedruns auto-save, so you can quit mid-run and resume later.

Fixed Optional Stealth Level: You know the one... Enemies in that level now have consistent patrol patterns and are a little more lenient.

Also, new achievements, petting the cat, bug fixes, and quality of life improvements!

Thank you for your continued support of Katana ZERO! More free DLC - including story content and levels - is in the works.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

Broforce, I'm interested specifically in the port. Swords of Ditto, I'm looking for general impressions as well as port info.

friend of mine told me the Broforce performance is awful, especially portable.

About to finish Gato Roboto (I'm at the point of no return which the game cleverly tells you that you in fact are heh), timer says 2:35 so I'd say about 3 hours with deaths (don't think the timer counts those but not sure), either way it's a shorty, but for what it does, its fantastic. Well worth the price imo (it's smartly priced too, in this age where every indie under the sun is 20)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. I've underestimated just how much fun I'd have with the original Guilty Gear. This Hori D Pad is certainly paying for itself though, cannot imagine being able to pull off some of these moves on the default D Pad. But I'm definitely enjoying this game way more this go round than when I originally got the game, which is strange as I was a big fan of GGX but GG never really clicked with me until now.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
finished Gato Roboto. It's neat, but very short (took me 3 hours and had 82% completion so its not like I skipped alot).

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone tried Not A Hero portable? Worried stuff will look too small, the game already has small sprites.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
So, is Downwell and Reigns:GoT worth it?

Both on sale so I'm thinking of buying them.

Never played a Reigns game though.
Reigns... I didn't understand the appeal of especially not on the phone. It's supposed to be Tinder level UI simplicity but it never really felt like a game to me?
I love the original Reigns. A really fun strategy game, with some cool secrets and achievements. I never finished Queens, though I really should. GoT I played for just a bit and I still haven't scratched the surface of its content.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
A fair few games there being discounted surprisingly quickly - Ape Out, Swords of Ditto, Katana Zero and SteamWorld Quest stand out in particular. Of those, I've only bought Swords of Ditto so far, which means that this could be quite an expensive sale for me!

It does, though, reinforce that I was tending towards waiting on the first sale for Timespinner, given that I've plenty of other games to be playing...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
A fair few games there being discounted surprisingly quickly - Ape Out, Swords of Ditto, Katana Zero and SteamWorld Quest stand out in particular. Of those, I've only bought Swords of Ditto so far, which means that this could be quite an expensive sale for me!

It does, though, reinforce that I was tending towards waiting on the first sale for Timespinner, given that I've plenty of other games to be playing...

it's also not the longest metroidvania apparently. Timespinner I mean.

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'll try Pikuniku at that price. Any thoughts? I remember people being hyped when it came out but not much since then.

Probably not a coincidence. I love quirky and borderline-pretentious arthouse indie games usually but it was a really empty and joyless experience once the novelty had worn off about 10 minutes in.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really interested in this game, but as someone not too familiar with shoot em ups, this looks pretty intimidating. Is there an easy mode?
There is one, but for a beginner it'll be more of a normal mode, which isn't very easy honestly.

Still, it is a great time, and I feel easy mode is lenient enough that a beginner could learn the game over time and eventually beat it. Your mileage may vary tho.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France

To be honest comparing how it was on PS4, the performance on Broforce is perfectly playable even on handheld, of course there's a bit of slowdown when the whole screen is filled with flames and explosions but that's the best you can get for some Bro action on the go

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the word on Shakedown Hawaii? I thought the game looked awesome in the previews back when Switch launched, but I never heard from it again and just found out it released recently.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
To be honest comparing how it was on PS4, the performance on Broforce is perfectly playable even on handheld, of course there's a bit of slowdown when the whole screen is filled with flames and explosions but that's the best you can get for some Bro action on the go

Yeah, agreed. It only really struggles during the heavy explosions, but it's a ton of fun and very playable.

Anyone know if Mother Russia Bleeds has co-op bots you can play with in multiplayer?

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
So...might now be in need of some eShop credit after the recent sale...any place out there to pick some up at a discount?

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I finished the game on release and enjoyed it very much. The latest patch brought some great and much needed QoL enhancements, so I'm even more confident to recommend it.
Down to this or Dead Cells...decisions...

Picked up Gato Roboto, Enter the Gungeon, and Katana Zero. Still gotta get that Beat 'em Up Bundle too.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, agreed. It only really struggles during the heavy explosions, but it's a ton of fun and very playable.

Anyone know if Mother Russia Bleeds has co-op bots you can play with in multiplayer?

Cant comment on the Switch version, I played the PS4 version but Mother Russia Bleeds did have Co op bots in that version I seem to recall, though I always preferred to play solo.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, thanks - I imagine it's the same. Did you know of it was limited to one or could you have more?
I think you could have up to 4? Fairly certain it ups the enemy count to compensate for the higher player count as well, so 4 player should be a literal mad house! Its a brilliant game as well, a couple of annoying bosses, but a really well put together brawler.