• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For now it seems to be a cool visual novel.

At first it looks the typical VN but then you see stuff getting weird like the usual opening theme getting cut out and some of the more mysterious stuff happens.

It has a mix of the usual VN choose your girl route with a murder mystery and it seems to be a interesting mix and i'm liking the more dark/mystery story going between the cliche anime school stuff.
The cool thing here is that the main premise is that whenever you finish one of the girls route when you start the game you see a bit more of the opening cutscene that is the big mystery of the game.
When you do all the routes you see the all cutscene that it seems to be a big plot twist and unlock the true ending route but i didn't get there yet.

I like that it's mainly voiced and there's skip points you unlock so you can skip right to those points when you go for the other heroine routes.
Also this as a world map where in different time of days you can choose where to go and with which person interact to so the new routes don't feel the same if you choose different places than before.

It runs good on switch, no problem there.

I grabbed it and I just don't like the icon which might be the first time I've really had that reaction to a game's icon :P

I might be spending too much time on ERA X-P

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
I didn't enjoy RCR all that much, honestly. I'm really enjoying SH. Shaking down businesses for protection money is too much fun and how you to do so has been pretty varied -- like standing next to customers to make them feel uncomfortable, destroying inventory, damaging the building, killing the gang that controls the store, or just causing a mess. I got hooked to it last night and built a strong portfolio of business control.

Interesting - thanks for that, I also found RCR a bit one note, so it's good to hear that this feels more engaging.

Nov 27, 2017
Is there any word on when VA-11 Hall-a is hitting the eshop in Aus/NZ?

Between this, Katana Zero and Ringo Ishikawa I'm on the verge of just making an overseas account.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Interested in VA-11 Hall-a but I don't know if there is some replay value once the story is over? I guess the text can get repeat itself quickly when you're done

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Epilexia Thanks for the dig dog recommendation, it's such a deceptively simple game but so much fun and perfect for short play sessions while listening to podcasts.

Btw, your tip to play the game in a speed running fashion is totally on point. The game is much more fun once you get loose and try to do the riskiest and most flashy moves and combos you can.

Week May 02nd
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales

- Games
  • VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action - Ysbryd Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 565 MB
  • Giga Wrecker Alt. - Game Freak/Rising Star Games - $24.99/€24.99 - 1.1 GB
  • The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse - onebitbeyond/Devolver Digital - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.6 GB
  • World End Syndrome - Arc System Works - $39.99 - 4.7 GB *06/14 on EU*
  • Venture Kid - Snikkabo/FDG Ent. - $10.00/€10.00 - 16 MB
    va-11hall-avtk8x.jpg
    gigawreckeralt.frky0.jpg
    theswordsofdittodakxe.jpg
    worldendsyndromekijyi.jpg
    venturekidp4jjp.jpg
  • Duck Game - Adult Swim Games - $12.99/€12.99 - 242 MB
  • Gyro Boss DX - Chequered - $4.99/€4.49 - 37 MB
  • Shadows of Adam - Circle Ent. - $14.99/€14.99 - 749 MB
  • Black Paradox - Digerati - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: $11.99/€11.99) - 447 MB
  • Darkest Hunters - Ultimate Games - $5.30/€4.99 - 195 MB
    duckgameeojx4.jpg
    gyrobossdxy2k5z.jpg
    shadowsofadam8mkth.jpg
    blackparadoxpwkj2.jpg
    darkesthuntershhjrc.jpg
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - Square Enix - $49.99/€49.99 - 12.6 GB
  • Terra Force - Arcade - Nichibutsu/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut - Born Ready Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 3.2 GB
  • Crashbots - Sometimes You - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $8.99/€8.99) - 645 MB
  • Table Top Racing: World Tour Nitro Edition - Greenlight Games - $29.99/€27.79 - 3.0 GB
    finalfantasyxiithezod6lk20.jpg
    arcadearchivesterrafokzjc3.jpg
    strikesuitzerodirectoq3jnv.jpg
    crashbots34j72.jpg
    tabletopracingworldtogtkm2.jpg
  • Hellmut: The Badass from Hell - 2tainment - $29.99/€29.99 - 551 MB
  • HexaGravity - Forsaken Games - $1.99/€1.99 - 267 MB
  • Bird Game + - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $3.99/€3.99) - 383 MB
  • Preventive Strike - SimFabric - $1.99/€1.79 (Launch sale: $1.79/€1.61) - 381 MB
  • Xtreme Club Racing - EnjoyUp Games - $9.89/€9.89 (Launch sale: $6.92/€6.92) - 1.5 GB
    hellmutthebadassfromh8mje3.jpg
    hexagravityttkzh.jpg
    birdgame5cjoh.jpg
    preventivestrikexhkgo.jpg
    xtremeclubracingdtksw.jpg
  • Quadle - Clickteam - €6.99 - 78 MB *EU*
  • Puzzle Herder - Tiny Trinket Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 515 MB
    quadleaekn2.jpg
    puzzleherderlnjyg.jpg

- DLCs
  • Starlink: Battle for Atlas - Ubisoft
    Star Fox Team Pilot Pack - $11.99/€11.99

- Demos
  • A.O.T. 2 - Koei Tecmo

-Late Releases
  • Av - James Pond Codename Robocod - System 3 - $14.99/€14.99 - 102 MB
  • Av - Impossible Mission - System 3 - $14.99/€14.99 - 104 MB

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Playing through Iconoclasts at the moment.Whilst the game has been pretty good so far, this boss rush thing they have at the end of the game is making it a real slog to finish.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't enjoy RCR all that much, honestly. I'm really enjoying SH. Shaking down businesses for protection money is too much fun and how you to do so has been pretty varied -- like standing next to customers to make them feel uncomfortable, destroying inventory, damaging the building, killing the gang that controls the store, or just causing a mess. I got hooked to it last night and built a strong portfolio of business control.
That gives me some strong "The Godfather" game vibes.

If it's anything like the best non-Zelda Wii launch window game, it's gotta be amazing. And it only takes up 160ish MB. 4 more days!

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone here who could help me out buying a game (Super Robot Wars T with english subs) on the HONG KONG/etc eSHOP (opened April 4th)?

Can you access it directly via the Switch or is it web-only? I remember reading something about a 3rd party handling it but I'm not sure if you're forced to buy digital codes and then redeem it or if there's a way to do everything (buying/claiming/downloading) via the Switch + making an account or something, dunno.

A step by step guide would be awesome but even more I'd love to talk to someone who has already used such eShop.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
So, from just this week, I want:

VA-11 HALL-A (which I bought)
Hellmut
Giga Wrecker Alt
Venture Kid
Duck Game

How? How is there so much stuff?

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
VA-11 HALL-A I have waited so long for this game. Even anticipating it back from the previous site. It has to release finals week I guess it will be post finals fun.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Swords of Ditto was an unexpected surprise release to me. Wanted it since day one on PS4, but forgot about it, then checked for sales but no luck. Browsing the store at midnight yesterday, it was there and still with the discount, grabbed it for $9 after using gold points.

It looks so good! It plays like classic Zelda too.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017

That's good to know. I was hoping there was some variety in that area.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I think I might really like Sword of Ditto...

The movement speed is a bit too slow (for now?) and the load times are kind of too long, but between its items and different loadouts via the sticker system, the actual gameplay is really well done. I have to put some more time in (I'm only about 2 hours in) but this is probably the best "traditional" Zelda-like on the system. And this is coming from someone who really enjoyed Blossom Tales.

Drizzy Finks

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I might really like Sword of Ditto...

The movement speed is a bit too slow (for now?) and the load times are kind of too long, but between its items and different loadouts via the sticker system, the actual gameplay is really well done. I have to put some more time in (I'm only about 2 hours in) but this is probably the best "traditional" Zelda-like on the system. And this is coming from someone who really enjoyed Blossom Tales.
Totally agreed. It looks great too. I am in love with this game.

bender

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my Kickstarter code for My Time At Portia and good lord is the performance horrendous. I'm usually not one to complain but I'm not sure how much long I'll continue playing. Here's hoping for a patch.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think you may've just sold me on the game...

Oct 26, 2017
What is the most unique game you've bought on the Nintendo eShop? It's okay if the game is available on another platform, but I'm thinking mainly of digital-only games. Unique could designate anything: unique art style, unique gameplay, unique concept, unique execution, and so on. There are a lot of indie titles on the Switch and I think it's easy to overlook them, even when you have threads like these, which try to capture as much information as possible.

This is among my favorite topics of discussion regarding the eshop, although unique doesn't always mean worth playing, but I do strive for diverse experiences myself so here are a few:

1. ARMS is still like nothing else I've played and remains in my regular rotation even without an online sub. I know you said digital only but I had to give it a mention.

2. Of Mice and Sand is really cool and addictive if a bit slow and barebones. It's a single player crew simulator kind of like FTL.

3. Vostok Inc. is an arcade space shooter management-sim clicker hybrid with the occasional mini game thrown in.

4. Crush Your Enemies is like Warcraft for the Game Boy Advance if such a thing was ever made. Can't say I've seen others like it on the eshop.

5. Bomber Crew is a 3D real time crew simulator with a very different feel to it than Of Mice and Sand, which is 2D and mostly turn based.

6. Lots more if you're interested.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
If we take good ol'3ds into account, just consider the wonderful KID ICARUS UPRISING !
OK, the controls are... Something you have to get used to... But if it clicks, Ho boy, you're in for an incredible ride !

Oct 26, 2017
Katamari Damacy, West of Loathing, Captain Toad, Mario Odyssey, Stardew Valley, or Animal Crossing New Leaf on the good old 3DS.
If we take good ol'3ds into account, just consider the wonderful KID ICARUS UPRISING !
OK, the controls are... Something you have to get used to... But if it clicks, Ho boy, you're in for an incredible ride !
Thank you all for the replies. It's why I love this community. Don't own a 3DS but I'll give the rest a look.

docus

Feb 14, 2018
Really enjoying Swords Of Ditto :)

The aesthetic, the vibe and and the gameplay are all excellent, Zelda / Earthbound / Adventure Time mashup. I think anyone who likes the dialogue and funny mystical sweetness of Earthbound would really enjoy this. I'm playing it with my 9 year old daughter and she loves it too.

I'm also enjoying Katana Zero a lot. I love the Hotline Miami-ish storytelling. The gameplay is good too, but it's the aesthetic and the story that keeps me hooked.

n.b. I really wish Devolver would release Hotline Miami on Switch! Don't you want my money Devolver?! :)

Finally, Hopiko on 70% sale is a really fun little arcadey palate cleanser.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Who else is excited for a £30 port of a 7 year old game that's widely discredited as a simplistic GTA ripoff...?

YJQv91.gif

... just me?

In all seriousness, SRTT is a wonderfully fun game. Little touches like the above way of jacking vehicles, the mission variety and the juvenile but legitimate sense of humour really make it one of my top games of the last 10 years. I hope they kept the radio in tact too, I know GTA has a real issue keeping a hold of song licenses.

Thank you all for the replies. It's why I love this community. Don't own a 3DS but I'll give the rest a look.

I'll throw another hat in the ring for Stardew. It's literally a game about escaping the humdrum 9 to 5 of corporate life.

To replace it with relatively humdrum farm organisation, social interaction, and minding, but whatevs.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I know you were making a joke but SR3 was widely praised that year the GTA ripoff stuff was entirely limited to SR1+2 at the time.
That's good to hear. SR3 provides a nice alternative I think for the people who weren't a fan of GTA's realistic bent as the series went on.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
I know you were making a joke but SR3 was widely praised that year the GTA ripoff stuff was entirely limited to SR1+2 at the time.

Are we allowed to bring up if we refuse to buy THQ Nordic games in this thread because I refuse to buy any games from THQ Nordic which is a shame because I was looking forward to Pillars of Eternity II.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Are we allowed to bring up if we refuse to buy THQ Nordic games in this thread because I refuse to buy any games from THQ Nordic which is a shame because I was looking forward to Pillars of Eternity II.
A completely fair judgement to make and an honourable stance. I hope you won't judge me for erring towards the contrary.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Of course you can bring it up.

It's worth noting that this is a Deep Silver game, though. While they do fall under the wider THQ Nordic umbrella, there's a distinction to be made here.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Dear God, please give me strength not to buy Resident Evil 4 at £30. Thnx.

I know, I bought Saint's Row at £30.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
A completely fair judgement to make and an honourable stance. I hope you won't judge me for erring towards the contrary.

Yeah, I'm not judging anyone for buying their games, but I'll hold off unless something is done to atone for their mistakes.

I'm in no position to judge anyone for the corporations they support anyway seeing as I watch WWE on a weekly basis.

Of course you can bring it up.

It's worth noting that this is a Deep Silver game, though. While they do fall under the wider THQ Nordic umbrella, there's a distinction to be made here.

I don't think THQ Nordic actually has much to do with PoEII besides being a publishing partner for the console version, but I'd still feel better holding off on a purchase.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Life's been getting me down lately. Any recommendations for a game that makes you happy?

I went through my games and here are some recommendations (though you have gotten several great answers already!)

I am listing games with HAPPY, irregardless of genre:

1. Cat Quest: this overhead view adventure game features everything's cats! They are adorable and the story is about a cat kingdom and all it's hijinx. It's fun to play and not too complex but it's just fun to play and makes me smile.

2. Dungeon Village: one of the IOS ports of Kairosoft and one of their best. Yes it looks simple simulation game, and while it is to a degree, the game is also VERY addictive. You run a town where adventurers on their quests visit. Build up a town with shops and activities, recruit adventurers to go on quests, equip them with new gear, explore dungeons, defeat monsters and silly bosses. It's lighthearted fun and will keep you captivated for 10-20 hours.

3. Ittle Dew 2: another Zelda-like. This one is overhead view like Link to the Past and has an overworld, town, dungeons. The art style is very happy and lighthearted and very colorful. There are really great puzzles throughout and it's just a good, wacky, Zelda like adventure.

4. Lego City Undercover: the open world LEGO GTA I never knew I wanted. By far my favorite LEGO game. It's an original story and cast and is absolutely hilarious. You have a whole city to explore and get into all kinds of crazy in lol. It's easy to play, pretty, fun, and happy. Highly recommended to put a smile on your face.

5. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom: A stunningly beautiful colorful metroidvania adventure. This game is just pure fun and the art style lends it a lighthearted cute vibe. It is fairly difficult to me though, but surely brings the smiles!

6. Steamworld Dig 2: A mining RPG with that incredible Steamworld art/graphics. It's a really addictive fun game that again brings plenty of laughs and also happens to be an amazing omg game as well. Nearly every Switch owner should play this game!!

7. Adventure Pals: you and a giraffe set off on a colorful adventure rpg through a whimsical world with lots to see and do. It's fun as hell and very pretty :)

8. Yoshi's Crafted World: another gorgeous, smile-inducing sugar coated game. I am really enjoying this game! It is of course lighthearted and very cute through and through. The game is not hard at all, but if you want a challenge collecting everything is where that happens. 10 Smiles/10

That's all I see from my library. I hope this helps and that you find a game to lift your spirits :)