• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Sequel to the 1994 game. Dave Gibbons (Watchmen) is back on board for art direction once again.

Yes, it's coming to consoles too, despite the lack of logos at the end of this trailer.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Sequel to the 1994 game. Dave Gibbons (Watchmen) is back on board for art direction once again.

Yes, it's coming to consoles too, despite the lack of logos at the end of this trailer.

Everyone's asking Game Pass on Switch but I want Apple Arcade. Every single AA game is getting ported to Switch, it'd be nice if we could use our AA account to download them for free. Beneath a Steel Sky is one of those games.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty dumb how Crash 4 is still locked despite releasing today. I pre-ordered the game weeks ago exclusively to play it on release day while I had free time and still nothing, Nintendo is so weird with this stuff.

Dude it isn't Nintendo that decide yes/no for midnight releases on third party software. Take it up with Activision!

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017

If you want to know about the port. I hope they do Amalur before it releases, all I need to know to buy it is the port status, I know I want to replay the game itself.

I totally forgot Amalur is coming out in a week for Switch.

Pretty excited for it, but I'm definitely waiting to hear how the port is.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Had a moment of weakness and bought $60 worth of Square Enix RPGs from this sale. Hopefully Scarlet Grace Ambitions is as good as some folks here make it sound.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone tried Battle Brothers yet? It had a very positive reception on PC I think, and there's a launch sale.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone tried Battle Brothers yet? It had a very positive reception on PC I think, and there's a launch sale.
Bought but not played. Doubt I will get to it for a bit, but played a couple of hours of the PC version a while back. Just enough to confirm that it's totally my jam. And yeah, it was very well received on PC by fans of the genre.

Unrelated open question:
1) Saga Scarlet Grace: Ambitions
2) Trials of Mana
3) whynotboth.gif

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Had a moment of weakness and bought $60 worth of Square Enix RPGs from this sale. Hopefully Scarlet Grace Ambitions is as good as some folks here make it sound.

almost did the same and knowing me, I'll probably still do it, but I want to get Amalur (again, assuming the port is good) in 4 days and then Rise on the 26th, both games that will hold me over for quite a bit (especially Rise) so buying the Square shit right now is simply just dumb for me (like when I bought every Final Fantasy and havent played any yet lol).

Again, I'll probably still cave tho

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
My thirst for QiX is so that I ended up getting BISHOUJO BATTLE CYBER PANIC!
Lol, don't judge me

Which is basically... Gals Panic with (a lot) less personality. But the gameplay is good as always and it's just a fiver (it's correctly priced, I don't think it's worth more as a package although I'm very pleasantly surprised it includes online leaderboards for that price). For me, online leaderboards which are a must for arcade games, even when I suck at a game it's more fun to improve and get higher in the score ranks, it just makes me enjoy games much more.

For what I've seen the anime girls are not *much more succinct than your regular anime girls, tho some are in kinda sexy poses (tho I've only seen the first 20 levels or so). Regardless, not why I play these games, and I imagine it's more to piggyback on the Gals Panic name/"fame" more than anything.

Damn I wish there were ACA Qix and ACA Gal's Panic 1/2 (I don't like how 3/4/S don't have a scoring system) For the record, Gal's Panic 2 is my favorite of all Qix-like games.
It's just so much fun!

Or even a port to modern consoles of Cubixx HD and Patchwork Heroes (rip Japan Studio).

Edit:
NSW gameplay:

Last edited:

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Crash 4 is super fun so far. I made it to the third world and I think the sweet spot for me as far as completion is just going for the 6 basic gems in every level instead of aiming for 100% with the relics and the time trials. It still feels like you need to go through a level a few times to get everything and it's still fun to collect every crate (despite some absolutely bullshit box placement in a few stages). Besides, there's a tangible reward for the gems in the form of skins instead of the less consequential stuff you get when you do the whole thing so it actually feels worthwhile.

I'm actually into the Flashback Tapes too but I can see those getting pretty intense before long so the jury is still out on that one, but I really like the idea behind them and contextually the concept is pretty inspired. But yeah, overall this is the best-playing Crash game by far and a really good comeback for the series.

Now let's see if I end up hating it by the end.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
My thirst for QiX is so that I ended up getting BISHOUJO BATTLE CYBER PANIC!
Lol, don't judge me

Which is basically... Gals Panic with (a lot) less personality. But the gameplay is good as always and it's just a fiver (it's correctly priced, I don't think it's worth more as a package although I'm very pleasantly surprised it includes online leaderboards for that price). For me, online leaderboards which are a must for arcade games, even when I suck at a game it's more fun to improve and get higher in the score ranks, it just makes me enjoy games much more.

For what I've seen the anime girls are not *much more succinct than your regular anime girls, tho some are in kinda sexy poses (tho I've only seen the first 20 levels or so). Regardless, not why I play these games, and I imagine it's more to piggyback on the Gals Panic name/"fame" more than anything.

Damn I wish there were ACA Qix and ACA Gal's Panic 1/2 (I don't like how 3/4/S don't have a scoring system) For the record, Gal's Panic 2 is my favorite of all Qix-like games.
It's just so much fun!

Or even a port to modern consoles of Cubixx HD and Patchwork Heroes (rip Japan Studio).

Edit:
NSW gameplay:

Does Cyber Panic contain as much nudity as Gals Panic? Less "personality"?

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Does Cyber Panic contain as much nudity as Gals Panic? Less "personality"?

Nudity? What?? I've never played the last GP games but I've never seen nudity in Gals Panic.
For Cyber Panic, I embedded a trailer in my post but no, not at all. They are drawings. Fully clothed.

Yes, less personality. The artstyle, characters (monsters etc) and gfx effect and special items etc. can't compare at all, everything is very sterile in CP.

Fake Edit: This is crazy, today I learned that some GP games showed breasts. I haven't played them all (I mean the PS1/Saturn game was all ages) and have never emulated them but I have played them A LOT as a teen in the arcades. I wonder if there were deep switches to set the "nudity level".
Now for sure they won't come to ACA Arcade then :( I wish they were simple freaking pictures of vistas/panoramas/whatever, because I freaking love the gameplay

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Nudity? What?? I've never played the last GP games but I've never seen nudity in Gals Panic.
For Cyber Panic, I embedded a trailer in my post but no, not at all. They are drawings. Fully clothed.

Yes, less personality. The artstyle, characters (monsters etc) and gfx effect and special items etc. can't compare at all, everything is very sterile in CP.

Fake Edit: This is crazy, today I learned that some GP games showed breasts. I haven't played them all (I mean the PS1/Saturn game was all ages) and have never emulated them but I have played them A LOT as a teen in the arcades. I wonder if there were deep switches to set the "nudity level".
Now for sure they won't come to ACA Arcade then :( I wish they were simple freaking pictures of vistas/panoramas/whatever, because I freaking love the gameplay
When I was a kid/younger the seedier arcades used to have the Gals Panic machines with nudity. They were "popular". They also had the Data East pool game, Side Pocket, but a strip version also with nudity. Also very popular.

Beast780

Jan 28, 2018
I want to pull the trigger on A Train, but I'll wait for a few impressions and maybe a Nintendo Life review before spending full price. I liked the demo and transportation games are my jam.

DSN2K

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Robonauts might be my favourite 89p purchase ever, rather fun and the music is great too. I'm rather LTTP perhaps but yeah check it out. Has a Demo as well.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have Origami King? I'm wondering if the language is based on system language or if there is a menu option.

I was thinking of using it for Spanish practice, but changing the system language back and forth is a pain.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have Origami King? I'm wondering if the language is based on system language or if there is a menu option.

I was thinking of using it for Spanish practice, but changing the system language back and forth is a pain.

It's system based. The game won't even let you access the options menu before showing the introductory cutscenes.

Week March 11th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Week on eShop:

NA PR
EU Article
JP Article

• A-Train: All Aboard! Tourism - Artdink - $59.99/€59.99 - 2.6 GB
  • Cyanide & Happiness: Freakpocalypse - Serenity Forge - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.0 GB
  • Battle Brothers: A Turn Based Tactical RPG - Ukiyo Publishing - $29.99/€27.99 - 2.8 GB
  • Noble Armada Lost Worlds - HR Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 219 MB
  • A Day Without Me - Silesia Games - $5.99/€5.99 - 502 MB
    a-trainallaboardtourib2kc4.jpg
    cyanidehappiness-freawljeo.jpg
    battlebrothers4bkwz.jpg
    noblearmadalostworldsrakto.jpg
    adaywithoutmethjhw.jpg
  • Thunder Dragon - Arcade - NMK/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - Toys for Bob/Activision - $39.99/€49.99 - 9.3 GB
  • Apex Legends - Respawn Ent./Electronic Arts - Free-to-Play
  • WRC 9 The Official Game - KT Racing/Nacon - $49.99/€49.99 - 14.5 GB
  • Alchemist Simulator - Art Games Studio - $12.49/€12.49 - 734 MB
    arcadearchivesthundert2jo8.jpg
    crashbandicoot4itsabo28jam.jpg
    apexlegends2tk6m.jpg
    wrc9theofficialgamesdk20.jpg
    alchemistsimulatorhpkji.jpg
  • Bishoujo Battle Cyber Panic! - eastasiasoft - $5.99/€5.99 - 218 MB
  • Bob Help Them - No Gravity Games - $7.99/€7.99 - 60 MB
  • Sokodice - The Socially Awkward Studio - $5.99/€4.99 - 237 MB
  • Doodle Devil: 3volution - JoyBits - $8.99/€8.99 - 352 MB
  • Smash Club: Streets of Shmeenis - Four Fats - $1.00/€0.99 - 264 MB
    bishoujobattlecyberpaspjvx.jpg
    bobhelpthem5pjfm.jpg
    sokodiceywjex.jpg
    doodledevil3volutionsikb4.jpg
    smashclubz1k35.jpg
  • Bloody Bunny: The Game - DigiPen Game - $9.99/€9.99 - 2.2 GB
  • Chained - Studio Digital Caffeine - $4.99 - 64 MB
  • Rev Up! RC Grand Prix - Sat-Box - $13.26/€10.92 - 205 MB
  • Fatum Betula - Baltoro Games - $5.49/€5.49 - 277 MB
  • Pinkman+ - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 54 MB
    bloodybunnythegameddjnm.jpg
    chainedkfk8b.jpg
    revuprcgrandprixznj4o.jpg
    fatumbetulaz3kwp.jpg
    pinkmanpzjk4.jpg

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Week on eShop:

NA PR
EU Article
JP Article

• A-Train: All Aboard! Tourism - Artdink - $59.99/€59.99 - 2.6 GB
  • Cyanide & Happiness: Freakpocalypse - Serenity Forge - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.0 GB
  • Battle Brothers: A Turn Based Tactical RPG - Ukiyo Publishing - $29.99/€27.99 - 2.8 GB
  • Noble Armada Lost Worlds - HR Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 219 MB
  • A Day Without Me - Silesia Games - $5.99/€5.99 - 502 MB
    a-trainallaboardtourib2kc4.jpg
    cyanidehappiness-freawljeo.jpg
    battlebrothers4bkwz.jpg
    noblearmadalostworldsrakto.jpg
    adaywithoutmethjhw.jpg
  • Thunder Dragon - Arcade - NMK/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - Toys for Bob/Activision - $39.99/€49.99 - 9.3 GB
  • Apex Legends - Respawn Ent./Electronic Arts - Free-to-Play
  • WRC 9 The Official Game - KT Racing/Nacon - $49.99/€49.99 - 14.5 GB
  • Alchemist Simulator - Art Games Studio - $12.49/€12.49 - 734 MB
    arcadearchivesthundert2jo8.jpg
    crashbandicoot4itsabo28jam.jpg
    apexlegends2tk6m.jpg
    wrc9theofficialgamesdk20.jpg
    alchemistsimulatorhpkji.jpg
  • Bishoujo Battle Cyber Panic! - eastasiasoft - $5.99/€5.99 - 218 MB
  • Bob Help Them - No Gravity Games - $7.99/€7.99 - 60 MB
  • Sokodice - The Socially Awkward Studio - $5.99/€4.99 - 237 MB
  • Doodle Devil: 3volution - JoyBits - $8.99/€8.99 - 352 MB
  • Smash Club: Streets of Shmeenis - Four Fats - $1.00/€0.99 - 264 MB
    bishoujobattlecyberpaspjvx.jpg
    bobhelpthem5pjfm.jpg
    sokodiceywjex.jpg
    doodledevil3volutionsikb4.jpg
    smashclubz1k35.jpg
  • Bloody Bunny: The Game - DigiPen Game - $9.99/€9.99 - 2.2 GB
  • Chained - Studio Digital Caffeine - $4.99 - 64 MB
  • Rev Up! RC Grand Prix - Sat-Box - $13.26/€10.92 - 205 MB
  • Fatum Betula - Baltoro Games - $5.49/€5.49 - 277 MB
  • Pinkman+ - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 54 MB
    bloodybunnythegameddjnm.jpg
    chainedkfk8b.jpg
    revuprcgrandprixznj4o.jpg
    fatumbetulaz3kwp.jpg
    pinkmanpzjk4.jpg

Bishoujo Battle Cyber Panic is 20%off as a special launch price, or at least it is in EU+ eShops

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Will FFX or FFXII ever go below $20? I've kinda been impatiently waiting on them to get into that $15 sweet spot and am beginning to just wonder if I should bite now instead of waiting even longer.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Will FFX or FFXII ever go below $20? I've kinda been impatiently waiting on them to get into that $15 sweet spot and am beginning to just wonder if I should bite now instead of waiting even longer.
Digitally, I don't think so? SE is pretty routine with their pricing for sales ime.
I have a friend who swears she bought FFXII Switch for 10 physically 🤷🏻‍♀️

Mar 3, 2018
How is Star Ocean First Departure R? Saw it's on sale. The pictures remind me of some Tales games which I enjoy. Any thoughts?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
How is Star Ocean First Departure R? Saw it's on sale. The pictures remind me of some Tales games which I enjoy. Any thoughts?
It's a good port of the PSP version of the game with the added bonus of swapping the not so good remake art for the original portrait art.

though I prefer the original Japanese opening music track to the "R" version.

The original game was made by a splinter group from team wolf (who made TALES OF Phantasia) who formed Tri-Ace, and both were for the SNES.

Mar 3, 2018
Check this video out. Goes over the differences in the versions and what's new with the switch version. This channel is really good for any remasters/re-releases.

It's a good port of the PSP version of the game with the added bonus of swapping the not so good remake art for the original portrait art.

though I prefer the original Japanese opening music track to the "R" version.

The original game was made by a splinter group from team wolf (who made TALES OF Phantasia) who formed Tri-Ace, and both were for the SNES.

Thanks! Seems right up my alley. Gonna get it and have something to play during spring break.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
I just took a chance and bought The Long Dark in the sale. It's my first real experience with a survival game but I've heard good things.

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up Star Ocean, as it said it supports Japanese, but I see no way to get Japanese text? My Switch is set to Japanese, which usually works with Square Enix games. Any ideas?

This would be the first time the language support list is wrong.

Would've bought Japanese version is I knew this would happen.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I picked up Star Ocean, as it said it supports Japanese, but I see no way to get Japanese text? My Switch is set to Japanese, which usually works with Square Enix games. Any ideas?

This would be the first time the language support list is wrong.

Would've bought Japanese version is I knew this would happen.
I don't know about text options but if you'll have a look at the video above it shows you JP voice options. The language listings never specify if it's text or audio language.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Did that M2 Aleste Collection get a western release? I seem to remember that it did, but I can't find it on the German eShop.

Status
Not open for further replies.