• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Woah looks like they've finally filled the last of the holes

May finally be time for me to bite, third person camera is a win for me plus bots. Also on sale at $14

I want to love this game but something is just off about it. Might be more fun If I had someone to run through it but it has been awhile since I booted it up.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I want to love this game but something is just off about it. Might be more fun If I had someone to run through it but it has been awhile since I booted it up.
This update adds friendly bots for waves/deathmatch, that may fix things. Been curious about all the side modes myself

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Woah looks like they've finally filled the last of the holes

May finally be time for me to bite, third person camera is a win for me plus bots. Also on sale at $14

Just played this again, online. It's a joy to play, however these updates came a bit too late a the player base has considerably shrunken. Not to mention, the online connection is based on the hosts connection so YMMV when considering performance.

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
So I've currently got an itch to pick up one or two games off the eShop, and I'm taking a look at the following:

Curse of the Dead Gods ($17.99) -10%
Neon Abyss ($14.99) -25%
Monster Sanctuary ($14.99) -25%
Crown Trick ($14.99) -25%
Undermine ($19.99)
Everhood ($14.99)

They've all enjoyed pretty strong receptions, several are rougelikes. I'm conflicted enough that I'm ready to be swayed by any enthusiastic recommendations. I'm anticipating that MH will occupy a lot of my time so one or two of the above to fill the gap would be great.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Excited for Two Point Hospital Jumbo Edition today, but damn is it gonna be hard to play a lot before the OLED Switch hits

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So, this just dropped out of nowhere.

www.nintendo.com

Pixel Game Maker Series Puzzle Pedestrians for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Pixel Game Maker Series Puzzle Pedestrians and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Puzzle Pedestrians is not your ordinary puzzle game!
Observe and guide pedestrians to help them have a safe time on their way to work, school, or otherwise fulfilling your mission objectives. With your toolkit of items such as bees and bananas, you'll help moms deliver lunches to forgetful children, deliver more foot traffic to struggling shops, and so much more!

Planned and produced by Kenichi Nishi of Route 24, famous for his work on games such as "Moon: Remix RPG Adventure", "L.O.L.: Lack of Love", and "Chibi-Robo!".

Anyone tried it?

ThatDudeGuy

Oct 31, 2017
So I've currently got an itch to pick up one or two games off the eShop, and I'm taking a look at the following:

Neon Abyss ($14.99) -25%
Undermine ($19.99)
Everhood ($14.99)

They've all enjoyed pretty strong receptions, several are rougelikes. I'm conflicted enough that I'm ready to be swayed by any enthusiastic recommendations. I'm anticipating that MH will occupy a lot of my time so one or two of the above to fill the gap would be great.

Just my 2 cents on the ones I've played:

Neon Abyss was fantastic, but I didn't return to it after beating the first two "bosses". It didn't really get its hooks into me.

Crown Trick is very, very hard. I have played a lot of it, and it's a lot of fun, but it's the kind of game for me where if I'm not actively paying attention to every button press I'll screw up my run.

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
The Jumbo version of Two Point Hospital is finally available. Scroll to the bottom. $40 for full package or $20 for just the upgrade.
www.nintendo.com

Two Point Hospital™ for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo

*FREE UPDATE ALERT! Here it is! Sandbox: Freeplay mode is OUT NOW* BUILD, CURE and IMPROVE! Design stunning hospitals, decorate them as you like, cure very unusual illnesses and manage troublesome staff as you spread your budding healthcare organisation …

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain

Neon Abyss ($14.99) -25%
Undermine ($19.99)
Everhood ($14.99)

CotDG is pretty, mechanically very sound, and challenging but not too hard. Meta progression is weak, so no grinding for power (a la Dead Cells, you unlock possible drops), and that could make it have short legs, but ymmv.

Nov 2, 2017
May be the only one looking but does anyone else have trouble accessing 3DS Virtual Console games on the eShop?

I'm looking to specifically purchase VC Game Boy games but getting a "whoops" error page for each game I select.

May be user error (or I missed a related announcement) but figured I would ask here.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
May be the only one looking but does anyone else have trouble accessing 3DS Virtual Console games on the eShop?

I'm looking to specifically purchase VC Game Boy games but getting a "whoops" error page for each game I select.

May be user error (or I missed a related announcement) but figured I would ask here.
Just checked into this and they are showing up as purchasable for me. I went through the virtual console tile on the bottom and just browsed randomly. Seems to be working on my end.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Yes, sorry I wasn't clear about that. This was actually through the website so maybe I'll try through my 3DS haha. Also worth noting that the thumbnail of game shows up in the search but I get the error after I select the game to purchase.
does it show you as logged in properly or does it happen on other game pages? if it's more than just those 3DS VC games, your cookies might be acting up. if it's just non-Switch games in general, is your NNID still linked to your nintendo account?

Nov 2, 2017
does it show you as logged in properly or does it happen on other game pages? if it's more than just those 3DS VC games, your cookies might be acting up. if it's just non-Switch games in general, is your NNID still linked to your nintendo account?
I believe I'm logged in right because other games are showing up to purchase. Appreciate the feedback on this, seems to be such an odd problem. I was wondering if they may have temporarily pulled VC Game Boy games or something.

Update: All working fine now! Not sure what was the deal before; had issues over last few days with GB purchases. Thanks for time on this Moon and Able.

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I (think) I'm getting towards the end of Hyrule Warriors now, should hopefully get that done this weekend and then I'll start Mail Mole.

Week March 04th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Week on eShop:

NA PR
EU Article
JP Article

• Gnosia - Petit Depotto/Playism - $24.99/€24.99 - 478 MB
  • Everhood - Foreign Gnomes - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.2 GB
  • 3 out of 10: Season One - Terrible Posture Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.8 GB
  • Sea of Solitude: The Director's Cut - Quantic Dream - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.2 GB
  • Mail Mole - Undergames - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.8 GB
    gnosia66jjp.jpg
    everhoodlnke5.jpg
    3outof10seasononerakzg.jpg
    seaofsolitudethedirec75jbj.jpg
    mailmole3bk5q.jpg
  • Pako Caravan - Tree Men Games - $7.99/€6.99 - 103 MB
  • Pixel Game Maker Series Puzzle Pedestrians - Gotcha Gotcha Games - $14.99/€12.49 - 614 MB
  • Kill It With Fire - tinyBuild Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 978 MB
  • Sir Lovelot - Pixel Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 407 MB
  • Wind Peaks - Actoon Studio - $14.99/€11.99 - 708 MB
    pakocaravaneckq3.jpg
    pixelgamemakerseriespbckls.jpg
    killitwithfiremtkpn.jpg
    sirlovelotekj3z.jpg
    windpeaks3ej80.jpg
  • Legend of Makai - Arcade - Jaleco/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Robotech: The Macross Saga HD Edition - GPC Games - $9.99/€8.29 - 1.0 GB
  • Harvest Moon: One World - Natsume/Rising Star Games - $49.99/€49.99 - 1.2 GB
  • Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 - THQ Nordic - $39.99/€39.99 - 9.1 GB
  • Ayakashi: Romance Reborn Dawn Chapter & Twilight Chapter - Voltage - $49.99/€39.99 - 1.3 GB
    arcadearchiveslegendo4mjt3.jpg
    robotechthemacrosssagl3jw5.jpg
    harvestmoononeworlda6ka5.jpg
    monsterjamsteeltitansifjn3.jpg
    ayakashiromancerebornitjbw.jpg
  • A Glider's Journey - Emma Franklin - $9.90/€8.90 - 1.5 GB
  • Gunslugs 2 - Orange Pixel - $7.99/€7.99 - 59 MB
  • Cave Bad - eastasiasoft - $4.99/€4.99 - 153 MB
  • GraviFire - Sometimes You - $4.99/€4.99 - 148 MB
  • Ruinverse - Kemco - $14.99/€14.99 - 232 MB
    aglidersjourneyfdkuz.jpg
    gunslugs2ayjxk.jpg
    cavebadm6jy1.jpg
    gravifirewkkfi.jpg
    ruinverse3zjnv.jpg
  • Dreaming Sarah - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 77 MB
  • Laid-Back Camp Virtual: Lake Motosu - Gemdrops - $20.99/€20.99 - 211 MB
  • Give It Up! Bouncy - Zordix - $9.99/€9.99 - 141 MB
  • Duel on Board - Indienova - $7.99/€6.59 - 334 MB
  • Into A Dream - Top Hat Studios - $13.99/€11.99 - 1.5 GB
    dreamingsarahnpks9.jpg
    laid-backcamp-virtualiwkcf.jpg
    giveitupbouncy4mkjx.jpg
    duelonboard1bk7d.jpg
    intoadreamn4k08.jpg
  • Super Metboy! - Flyhigh Works - $9.99/€9.99 - 162 MB
  • Estranged: The Departure - Alan Edwardes - $4.99/€4.99 - 4.4 GB
  • Doug Hates His Job - Super Villain Games - $6.99/€5.79 - 2.0 GB
  • The True - Badri Bebua - $9.50/€9.50 - 646 MB
  • Nena - Some Thing Games - $4.99/€4.12 - 417 MB
    supermetboyfijyz.jpg
    estrangedthedepartureztj3i.jpg
    doughateshisjobrskkb.jpg
    thetruegajtl.jpg
    nena8ykpy.jpg
  • Faircroft's Antiques: Treasures of Treffenburg - Ocean Media - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.2 GB
    faircroftsantiquestren8jv2.jpg

- Japan

• Ciel nosurge DX - Koei Tecmo - ¥6,380
  • Ar nosurge DX - Koei Tecmo - ¥6,380
  • Demon King Company - Mobile - G-Mode - ¥500
    cielnosurgedxkpjsf.jpg
    arnosurgedxn6jso.jpg
    demonkingcompanyt7k4r.jpg

- Late Releases

• Qube Qross - Poly Poly Games - €5.99 - 159 MB *NA*

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I totally missed this Cybershadow game but, thank God, the magical Youtube algorithm decided to show me this video. It is me or it's the coolest game ever?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I totally missed this Cybershadow game but, thank God, the magical Youtube algorithm decided to show me this video. It is me or it's the coolest game ever?

Cyber Shadow is a great game. The first one I finished this year, and outside of a couple of tough sections I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's endlessly inventive, and considering it was made by one guy has enough ideas to fill several different games in it. You start out with just a sword but it adds everything piece by piece and teaches you to use it, and there's some good nods to modern QOL mechanics where you can choose whether to pay to unlock temporary upgrades at a checkpoint, meaning you don't have to be fighting a boss with nothing if you don't want to. The available special weapons at such checkpoints also tend to be ones that are particularly useful for the section ahead, and as they last until you've taken 3 hits it's quite nice that they both don't instantly disappear and challenge you to keep them as long as possible.

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cyber Shadow is a great game. The first one I finished this year, and outside of a couple of tough sections I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's endlessly inventive, and considering it was made by one guy has enough ideas to fill several different games in it. You start out with just a sword but it adds everything piece by piece and teaches you to use it, and there's some good nods to modern QOL mechanics where you can choose whether to pay to unlock temporary upgrades at a checkpoint, meaning you don't have to be fighting a boss with nothing if you don't want to. The available special weapons at such checkpoints also tend to be ones that are particularly useful for the section ahead, and as they last until you've taken 3 hits it's quite nice that they both don't instantly disappear and challenge you to keep them as long as possible.
Thanks for this nice write-up, man! I have to buy this game as soon as it goes on sale, it's definitely my jam.

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017
i think they closed the loop on argentina store now that they added taxes. was gonna buy luigi mansion and it ended up costing more than the current sale in US store

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I bought this on impulse due to preorder pricing. Wrote up my thoughts while playing. Long story short, Cyber Shadow is very, very good. I'll just copy-paste from my Gaming Log:

"Cyber Shadow

Started January 23rd

Finished February 8th with 6 Hours

Honestly, Yacht Club's name being put on this is why I kept it in the back of my mind after it's initial reveal. Sounds a bit messed up, since the game spoke for itself with art, music, and gameplay shown in trailers. But having the pedigree behind Shovel Knight help publish the game was a good "Seal of Quality".

And look. I'm a music guy. Before I even speak on the quality of the game I'm going to talk about the music. Buying a game because some tracks were great? I've done it. And let me tell you, Cyber Shadow's soundtrack is wonderful. It's chiptune, and it is full-bodied. There's so many good hooks, progressions, and absolute jams.

Gameplay-wise, I initially thought that if Shovel Knight was Megaman, this is Ninja Gaiden. Once you get to Stage 3 though? Honestly, I think the game feels close to a Megaman X where you play as Zero, but with no dash (yet, as I see a Dash button in options) or walljump. You have a good array of tools early on, and a few power-ups strewn about the stages that feel good to use.

But that's Stage 3. I'm not going to say Stage 1 or 2 were killer or anything, but I already feel a power curve likely. As Stage 3 was easier than 2 by a fair margin. What awaits beyond, I'll see.

Annnnd I spoke too soon. This is Megaman X. This is melee ninja Megaman X. I'm not going to give away exactly why this is so, but even being able to go to older stages through a select screen and access new areas with your skills is far more reminiscent of X's setup. I am not complaining a bit about this, nor do I want to claim Cyber Shadow doesn't have an identity of its own. But if I were to sell someone on the game, I can guarantee you I'd slide "Melee Ninja Megaman X" into the pitch. The game definitely wears its inspirations on its sleeve with names of abilities, and certain enemy types, so I don't think they'd take this is a sleight.

And be it because you have a larger arsenal or simply because of a larger health pool, the game certainly becomes easier after the first two levels. It still puts up a challenge, but there's a lot less waiting around to get safe potshots so as to avoid going back to a level's start, and more plowing through. And I may be wrong, but it certainly feels like checkpoints are more common in later levels. Some of them felt unearned, even. But I suppose I'd rather have a few too many than not enough.

To say that the full arsenal feels very good to control and play with is an understatement. The tools at hand aren't innumerable, but the kit is very well rounded and leaves you feeling powerful. Something, I'd argue, a game where you play as a ninja should strive to hit on the head. As for if ninjas running in like Rambo with cool moves is historically accurate, well that's neither here nor there.

As the game progresses, story is certainly taking more of the foreground. It is a good drive forward without getting too in your face. Definitely appreciate it, and the "cutscenes" reminiscent of the NES era it uses to show some of the bigger events. Now, the logs on computers strewn across the map.. I feel conflicted on. I do like the worldbuilding they add, and in a game like this I can't fault them for just putting important story behind optional textlogs. After all, back in the day that's basically what story in the Instruction Booklet was. But still, couldn't help but sigh and think, "oh, yes, textlogs," when they first showed.

Look at me forgetting to mention one of the more unique systems present in the game until this late into writing! Cyber Shadow doles out 'Credits' for slicing down all sorts of things. Baddies, boxes, lanterns, and a few things in-between. What these do are allow for the purchase of what boils down to a stronger checkpoint. You see, while there are checkpoints pretty frequently later on, they won't always top you off. They stand as little more than a point to return to after your demise. With some spent Credits, however, you can upgrade the checkpoint to also heal your HP and SP (used for special skills). Some will even let you go further and purchase a temporary power-up. And let me just say that this is a wonderful system. It lets you play more challenging if you'd like, while giving the ability to those who may want to stay constantly topped off the opportunity to do so. And the power-ups are generally placed right before a section where the extra help will come to be very handy, such as before a boss battle, or a few rough screens.

And I know I've spoken on the music already, but hot dang, I have to talk about it some more. Nothing here is worse than great. And it's all in such an authentic chiptune sound that it leaves you forgetting sometimes that what you're hearing isn't from a classic of a bygone era. I know that the 'modern retro game' is used a fair bit these days. But between the visuals and general gameplay, by going further and also nailing the music, Cyber Shadow truly stands apart, stands out, and stands as one of the best games I've impulse purchased in a while.

I finished the game in 5:48:35 (let's just say 6 Hours), with a 67% Clear Rate, and 178 Deaths. I'm more of a mainline player than not, so I won't be going back to do any clean up, but if there were a New Game Plus to speak of, I'd definitely play that at some point down the line. Not to say I won't just replay the game as-is! But the amount of fun that full kit brings, I'll definitely be missing it early on.

Again, not really one to give scores. I do have the problem of sort of giving most of what I play a higher score, but I think that's because I don't really tend to finish something if I don't enjoy it. Probably never pushed through worse than a 5 (what I consider very much a "this isn't terrible but I really don't know why I'm playing, there's so much better out there). Rambling aside, I'd give Cyber Shadow a 9/10, but for me personally, bumped to a 9.5/10 for the music. Basically, the highest honors I could give to a game without actually calling it perfect. It's what I would consider a "must-play" title."

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I bought this on impulse due to preorder pricing. Wrote up my thoughts while playing. Long story short, Cyber Shadow is very, very good. I'll just copy-paste from my Gaming Log:

"Cyber Shadow

Started January 23rd

Finished February 8th with 6 Hours

Honestly, Yacht Club's name being put on this is why I kept it in the back of my mind after it's initial reveal. Sounds a bit messed up, since the game spoke for itself with art, music, and gameplay shown in trailers. But having the pedigree behind Shovel Knight help publish the game was a good "Seal of Quality".

And look. I'm a music guy. Before I even speak on the quality of the game I'm going to talk about the music. Buying a game because some tracks were great? I've done it. And let me tell you, Cyber Shadow's soundtrack is wonderful. It's chiptune, and it is full-bodied. There's so many good hooks, progressions, and absolute jams.

Gameplay-wise, I initially thought that if Shovel Knight was Megaman, this is Ninja Gaiden. Once you get to Stage 3 though? Honestly, I think the game feels close to a Megaman X where you play as Zero, but with no dash (yet, as I see a Dash button in options) or walljump. You have a good array of tools early on, and a few power-ups strewn about the stages that feel good to use.

But that's Stage 3. I'm not going to say Stage 1 or 2 were killer or anything, but I already feel a power curve likely. As Stage 3 was easier than 2 by a fair margin. What awaits beyond, I'll see.

Annnnd I spoke too soon. This is Megaman X. This is melee ninja Megaman X. I'm not going to give away exactly why this is so, but even being able to go to older stages through a select screen and access new areas with your skills is far more reminiscent of X's setup. I am not complaining a bit about this, nor do I want to claim Cyber Shadow doesn't have an identity of its own. But if I were to sell someone on the game, I can guarantee you I'd slide "Melee Ninja Megaman X" into the pitch. The game definitely wears its inspirations on its sleeve with names of abilities, and certain enemy types, so I don't think they'd take this is a sleight.

And be it because you have a larger arsenal or simply because of a larger health pool, the game certainly becomes easier after the first two levels. It still puts up a challenge, but there's a lot less waiting around to get safe potshots so as to avoid going back to a level's start, and more plowing through. And I may be wrong, but it certainly feels like checkpoints are more common in later levels. Some of them felt unearned, even. But I suppose I'd rather have a few too many than not enough.

To say that the full arsenal feels very good to control and play with is an understatement. The tools at hand aren't innumerable, but the kit is very well rounded and leaves you feeling powerful. Something, I'd argue, a game where you play as a ninja should strive to hit on the head. As for if ninjas running in like Rambo with cool moves is historically accurate, well that's neither here nor there.

As the game progresses, story is certainly taking more of the foreground. It is a good drive forward without getting too in your face. Definitely appreciate it, and the "cutscenes" reminiscent of the NES era it uses to show some of the bigger events. Now, the logs on computers strewn across the map.. I feel conflicted on. I do like the worldbuilding they add, and in a game like this I can't fault them for just putting important story behind optional textlogs. After all, back in the day that's basically what story in the Instruction Booklet was. But still, couldn't help but sigh and think, "oh, yes, textlogs," when they first showed.

Look at me forgetting to mention one of the more unique systems present in the game until this late into writing! Cyber Shadow doles out 'Credits' for slicing down all sorts of things. Baddies, boxes, lanterns, and a few things in-between. What these do are allow for the purchase of what boils down to a stronger checkpoint. You see, while there are checkpoints pretty frequently later on, they won't always top you off. They stand as little more than a point to return to after your demise. With some spent Credits, however, you can upgrade the checkpoint to also heal your HP and SP (used for special skills). Some will even let you go further and purchase a temporary power-up. And let me just say that this is a wonderful system. It lets you play more challenging if you'd like, while giving the ability to those who may want to stay constantly topped off the opportunity to do so. And the power-ups are generally placed right before a section where the extra help will come to be very handy, such as before a boss battle, or a few rough screens.

And I know I've spoken on the music already, but hot dang, I have to talk about it some more. Nothing here is worse than great. And it's all in such an authentic chiptune sound that it leaves you forgetting sometimes that what you're hearing isn't from a classic of a bygone era. I know that the 'modern retro game' is used a fair bit these days. But between the visuals and general gameplay, by going further and also nailing the music, Cyber Shadow truly stands apart, stands out, and stands as one of the best games I've impulse purchased in a while.

I finished the game in 5:48:35 (let's just say 6 Hours), with a 67% Clear Rate, and 178 Deaths. I'm more of a mainline player than not, so I won't be going back to do any clean up, but if there were a New Game Plus to speak of, I'd definitely play that at some point down the line. Not to say I won't just replay the game as-is! But the amount of fun that full kit brings, I'll definitely be missing it early on.

Again, not really one to give scores. I do have the problem of sort of giving most of what I play a higher score, but I think that's because I don't really tend to finish something if I don't enjoy it. Probably never pushed through worse than a 5 (what I consider very much a "this isn't terrible but I really don't know why I'm playing, there's so much better out there). Rambling aside, I'd give Cyber Shadow a 9/10, but for me personally, bumped to a 9.5/10 for the music. Basically, the highest honors I could give to a game without actually calling it perfect. It's what I would consider a "must-play" title."
Agree entirely. I play a lot of retro-styled indie games and Cyber Shadow is a bit special.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to cope with The Messenger and Shovel Knight's difficulty, but I found Cyber Shadow just too dificult, which is a shame cos I reslly dig its general vibe.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Fell off Cyber Shadow myself. Not that I disliked it, but some quirks, such as the downthrust and parry mechanics handling didn't always gel for me. Like it was just inconsistent enough at times to feel like a bother. User-error does factor in occasional execution fumbles and I get where I fail at times, but equally the way it expects you to condition to it's handling I wasn't quite in agreement with. ie. Sometimes just trying to cross gaps by bouncing off stuff(candles, enemies) was just not enjoyable for a game where control should be.

But for the most part I still want to get back to it and finish it out, as I did enjoy my time mostly. Simultaneously, I had no issues bouncing off the moment something else crept along to play and I haven't thought if it much since.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Cyber Shadow just bumped up my list!

Picked up Two Point Hospital Jumbo Edition - should be a nice sim to play while my wife watches TV next to me

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Started playing Vigil: The Longest Night again from the beginning. Feels so good now.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
What were the general thoughts on Ikenfell before I think about starting it on Gamepass?

I've a feeling more people in here will have played it than those in the Gamepass thread.

cowbanana

Feb 2, 2018
a Socialist Utopia
I just finished State of Mind, which I bought for a few bucks in a sale a while back. It's a pretty good linear story game to chill with for a few evenings (roughly 10 hours). Looks great in portable mode. There's not a whole lot of traditional gameplay, you'll spend most of your time simply moving through the game world and interacting with people and objects. There's some very light "puzzles", but it's practically a game you just flow along with. There's a few choices to make along the way, but nothing that alters the story significantly.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Does the loading issues it had when going to menu or change weapons and stuff fixed?
I remembered it being annoying when the game launched.
Totally gone from what ive seen so far. Shame it didnt launch like this. If it had, I think it would have gotten a lot more attention.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Vigil is fixed now? I was very interested in that game but after all the comments about how badly optimized it was I lost interest...

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Totally gone from what ive seen so far. Shame it didnt launch like this. If it had, I think it would have gotten a lot more attention.
Nice to hear. And you're right. The game could have more luck if it was working like this when launched but at least now it's fine for the switch and maybe some future sale will help it get more attention.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
What were the general thoughts on Ikenfell before I think about starting it on Gamepass?

I've a feeling more people in here will have played it than those in the Gamepass thread.
I really liked it, was longer than I thought it was going to be. The biggest things I see people get iffy on are the battle system commands, the length of the battles, and the first boss battle may seem like a difficulty curve to some.

Personally, I only found a handful of battles long, but I been playing this type of genre for a long time now. The other main point with the battle system commands are done in a rhythm type of style, so some people felt they couldn't play it due to that style, but are options like manual, semi-auto, and auto defenses that greatly help those who feel they lack rhythm.

I love grid movement, rhythm battle systems, and good music, so I had a blast. The story isn't bad either and there are some puzzles, but most of those are just easy.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

- eShop Originals

• 08 - Noble Armada Lost Worlds - HR Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 219 MB
    --
  • 09 - Apex Legends - Respawn Ent./Electronic Arts - Free-to-Play
    --
  • 11 - Cyanide & Happiness: Freakpocalypse - Serenity Forge - $19.99/€19.99 - 1.0 GB
  • 11 - Battle Brothers: A Turn Based Tactical RPG - Ukiyo Publishing - $29.99/€27.99 - 2.8 GB
  • 11 - A Day Without Me - Silesia Games - $5.99/€5.99 - 502 MB
  • 11 - WRC 9 The Official Game - KT Racing/Nacon - $49.99/€49.99 - 14.5 GB
  • 11 - Alchemist Simulator - Art Games Studio - $12.49/€12.49 - 734 MB
  • 11 - Chained - Studio Digital Caffeine - $4.99 - 64 MB
  • 11 - Bloody Bunny: The Game - DigiPen Game - $9.99/€9.99 - 2.2 GB
  • 11 - Bob Help Them - No Gravity Games - $7.99/€7.99 - 60 MB
  • 11 - Sokodice - The Socially Awkward Studio - $5.99/€4.99 - 237 MB
  • 11 - Doodle Devil: 3volution - JoyBits - $8.99/€8.99 - 352 MB
  • 11 - Bishoujo Battle Cyber Panic! - eastasiasoft - $5.99/€5.99 - 218 MB
  • 11 - Smash Club: Streets of Shmeenis - Four Fats - $1.00/€0.99 - 264 MB
    --
  • 12 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - Toys for Bob/Activision - $39.99/€49.99 - 9.3 GB
  • 12 - Pinkman+ - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 54 MB

- Japan

• 12 - A-Train Hajimaru Kankou Keikaku - Artdink - ¥7,678

Next Indie World must be coming soon.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

more impressions and useful discussions about moves/control layouts and difficulty curves here btw

www.resetera.com

Cyber Shadow |OT| A Striking Silhouette OT

Platform(s): PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X Release Date: January 26th, 2021 Genre: Action-Platformer Price: $19.99 USD (Launch/Pre Order price of $14.99 USD—depending on platform) Player(s): 1 Format: Digital Developer: Aarne "MekaSkull" Hunziker Publisher...

Everhood looks amazing.

www.resetera.com

Everhood |OT| Grind the Note Highway OT

Platform(s): Windows PC, Switch Release Date: March 4th, 2021 March 4th, 2021 Genre: RPG Price: $14.99/€14.99 Player(s): 1 Format: Digital Developers: Chris Nordgren, Jordi Roca Publishers: Foreign Gnomes, Surefire.Games Size: ~1 GB What is Everhood? What is combat like? Combat primarily...

highly recommend you read the (still on page one, very brief) discussion re: difficulty

My only problem is that I suck at rhythm games but I don't care, this game looks amazing.
it's not a "rhythm game", it's strictly about evading, nothing tied to rhythm game mechanics at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.