• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is your most anticipated indie of 2021?

• Sports Story

Votes: 65 14.6%
  • Axiom Verge 2

Votes: 62 14.0%
  • Baldo

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • Eastward

Votes: 36 8.1%
  • Mineko's Night Market

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • Hollow Knight: Silksong

Votes: 225 50.7%
  • Other (Post about it)

Votes: 28 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
how do you not mention the actual best Picross series, Picross S lol :D

It's like not mentioning Street Fighter 2 for fighters :P

I think he's asking for Picross games with a twist.
In any case, we know that Lord of the Nazarick is the best Picross game.

tenor.gif

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

- eShop Originals

• 25 - Solas 128 - Armor Games Studio - €14.99 - 236 MB
    --
  • 26 - Cyber Shadow - Aarne Hunziker/Yacht Club Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 200 MB
  • 26 - Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy - Koei Tecmo - $59.99/€59.99 - 6.0 GB *01/29 on EU*
    --
  • 27 - Project Starship X - eastasiasoft - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.1 GB
  • 27 - The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - Daedalic Ent. - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.4 GB
  • 27 - The Dark Eye: Memoria - Daedalic Ent. - $19.99/€19.99 - 2.4 GB
  • 27 - Traffix - Nerd Monkeys - $4.99/€4.99 - 369 MB
    --
  • 28 - Tohu - The Irregular Corporation - $14.99/€12.99 - 3.7 GB
  • 28 - Heaven's Vault - inkle - $17.99/€15.99 - 3.4 GB
  • 28 - Olija - Skeleton Crew Studio/Devolver Digital - $14.99/€14.99 - 477 MB
  • 28 - Golden Force - No Gravity Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 612 MB
  • 28 - Marchen Forest: Mylne and the Forest Gift - Clouded Leopard - $34.99/€32.98 - 5.9 GB
  • 28 - Colossus Down - Mango Protocol - $17.99/€17.99 - 3.0 GB
  • 28 - Sword of the Necromancer - Grimorio of Games - $14.99/€14.99 - 610 MB
  • 28 - Disjuction - Sold Out - $15.99/€15.99 - 401 MB
  • 28 - The Choice of Life: Middle Ages - Redblack Spade - $4.99/€3.99 - 494 MB
  • 28 - Strange Field Football - Wildbus Studio - $6.99/€5.99 - 688 MB
  • 28 - SushiParty - Anela - €9.99 - 113 MB
  • 28 - Royal Tower Defense - Prison Games - $7.99/€7.99 - 188 MB
  • 28 - Citizens Unite!: Earth x Space - Kemco - $29.99/€29.99 - 3.3 GB
  • 28 - Save Farty - the binary family - $6.99/€6.99 - 217 MB
    --
  • 29 - Gods Will Fall - Clever Beans/Deep Silver - $24.99/€24.99 - 6.7 GB
  • 29 - Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World: The Prophecy of the Throne - Spike Chunsoft - $59.99/€59.99 - 3.1 GB *02/05 on EU*
  • 29 - Bonkies - Crunching Koalas - $14.99/€14.99 - 950 MB
  • 29 - Crossbow Bloodnight - Hyperstrange - $4.99/€4.99 - 410 MB
  • 29 - Burn! SuperTrucks - Jorge Biedma Azuar - $7.99/€7.99 - 920 MB
  • 29 - Vera Blanc: Ghost in the Castle - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 68 MB

- Japan

• 28 - Makai Senki Disgaea 6 - Nippon Ichi - ¥7,920
  • 28 - Umineko no Naku Koro ni Saku: Nekobako to Musou no Koukyoukyoku - Entergram - ¥7,920
  • 28 - Labyrinth Legend - Regista - ¥1,980
  • 28 - Taishou Mebiusline Taizen - HolicWorks - ¥9,680
  • 29 - Buddy Mission Bond - Koei Tecmo/Nintendo - ¥6,480

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Both Olija and Cyber Shadow are looking good, not sure when the hell I'll have time to play them mind.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
ah so they picked this week to start the onslaught of A HANDFUL OF MUST BUYS ALL AT ONCE ....

people of eShoptopia, we're back lol

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Been looking forward to the proper release of Glyph ! Very solid platformer. It's kind of hard, But it's the good type of hard.

Full disclosure. I did help them out a little bit a while back, so i kind of know what to expect from the game. They somehow managed to get it running at around ~60 fps undocked so that's cool.

This looks incredibly awesome, adding it to my list. Thanks for sharing.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Great suggestion, thanks!
If it's any help, my wife and I really enjoy co-op-ing single player games, for example playing a PnC like Tangle Tower or Broken Age and solving the puzzles together while we take turns controlling the game. That's always been what works best for us compared to more traditional co-op games.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
It seems as though Celeste is three years old today looking at my Facebook memories.

How the time flies.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
That Tohu game looks really fun! Might give that one a shot, but would like to see some impressions first

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the final level of Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair may be one of the most poorly designed platform stages ever made relative to the rest of the game. It's absolutely ridiculous and after two attempts, I'm done.

Fortunately, I knew before starting the game that the final level was awful, so I never expected to fully complete it.

That being said, I'm kind of surprised at the praise this game has gotten from some on Era. I mean, it's decent enough, but outside of the final stage, which is horrible, this game has a fatal design flaw: it tries to shoehorn 3D collectathon design into a 2D platformer and it completely kills the pacing of every level. Most of the coins are hidden, which means you're slogging through each level trying to find them. DKC handles the KONG letters perfectly. They're almost always visible. The challenge comes not from locating them, but from figuring out to obtain them, usually through some tricky platforming challenge. This is how you handle a collectable in a linear 2D platformer.

TLDR: Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is ok. It has nothing on any Donkey Kong Country game. Not even close.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Now that would make me a very happy man.

I always thought about picking up Yakuza 1 & 2 HD for Wii U (Japanese only), just to have in the collection. The only Yakuza release on a Nintendo machine.
I have it for collection reasons. Though due to the button prompts and my incredible laziness to jailbreak my Wii U to actually play the game, I'll just stick to the PS3 version of the HD remasters. Its such a pity they are Japan only for either platform since they are the definitive versions of 1&2 (especially 2, Kiwami 2 ain't got nothing on 2's remaster and the QoL changes make it just edge out the PS2 version played via emulation as the best version)

Anyway, most of my Switch time lately has been divided between Hades and Mario Galaxy. I'm almost done with Galaxy so I've returned to Hades which I was so close to finishing. And finally today I managed to beat the second phase of the final boss and "win" the game. Twice. I really do love it, its a rogue like/lite? without some of the annoyingly random BS the concept can entail, I don't feel like a pathetically weak character hoping to luck out and get a good series of power ups, but rather a powerful character who can get even more powerful with a nice range of actual useful power ups that I get along the way. Most of the weapons feel plenty useful, the art and sound design are ace and the story is surprisingly great and very accommodating to replaying the stages over and over (not quite sure why I'm surprised though, the devs previous games all have really solid narratives as well)

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
There's tons of picross games, but Murder by Numbers is pretty unique in tying an Ace Attorney-style narrative to it. So unless you want straight puzzles, you'll have to wait for more.

But the Picross games by Jupiter are all quality.

Picross RPG/Adventure: Piczle Cross Adventure and PictoQuest
Picross dating sim: Pixel Puzzle Makeout League
3D Picross: Voxelgram

You may like Pixel Puzzle Makeout League. It's a dating sim/VN with a lot of (good) picross in it. I 100%ed it and had a lot of fun.
Also, prepare for hundreds of hours of play time when you go through Picross S1-S5.

There are 5 picross games by Jupiter, the king of the genre. They are picross S1-S5. They don't have the story elements, but there are lots of puzzles. Others might be able to give more info on story focused picross games as I only have the S series of games. But if you like strictly puzzles, you can't go wrong with the S series.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It feels a bit weird, but this and Capcom Arcade Stadium are the two titles I'm looking forward to the most this year...
Same here. Well, those two games, MH Rise and RE8. I'm a gigantic Capcom fan and this year especially is pretty nuts already for Capcom releases. I've pre ordered GnG and MH Rise already, only game I'm really holding off on pre ordering is RE8 to wait and see which version runs best.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
played the first level of Cyber shadow on gamepass and its very good. It's also hard so buyer beware.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Disjunction had some interesting preview, though based on an antique version of the game
www.pcgamer.com

Disjunction is a pretty cyberpunk game that crosses Deus Ex and Hotline Miami

Neo-noir story stylings make Disjunction stand out from the crowd.
www.rockpapershotgun.com

Disjunction is like a stealthier, cyberpunkier Hotline Miami

I like a good sneak and bop. Especially when that sneaking is cyberpunk-flavoured, and people shout at me if my bopping…

Hotline Miami meets Deux Ex? That's probably a yes for me dawg.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, and does it not have any difficulty settings?

I like the look of the game, but if it's going to be quite difficult, then that's enough to put me off.

it does not. The bosses are actually quite easy so far (well I only played the first chapter) but the levels are, well...old school. lots of deaths by falling in pits, getting bumped off the air during a jump by a shot or a enemy etc.

The reviews themselves said the game was hard so its no surprise.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Ugh, and does it not have any difficulty settings?

I like the look of the game, but if it's going to be quite difficult, then that's enough to put me off.
it has loads of checkpoints and, so far, plenty of health drops in the levels. there's no consequence for dying (you get a special screen if you beat it w/o dying so unless your gamer pride is extremely into this aspect, nothing to worry about)

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
it has loads of checkpoints and, so far, plenty of health drops in the levels. there's no consequence for dying (you get a special screen if you beat it w/o dying so unless your gamer pride is extremely into this aspect, nothing to worry about)

I'm still going to give it a try tonight, it's on Gamepass so why the hell not.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
I've been addicted to a game called Quest of Dungeons. It's a turn based dungeon crawler where you use either a warrior, wizard, archer or shaman, it's very old school but I'm having a lot of fun with it. It was sitting in my backlog for over a year so it feels good to be getting value from my purchase at last. If it sounds like something you'd enjoy, I recommend it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Having managed to finish Hades a few times, I've turned my attention to actually getting through the Gunvolt games which I've had for... a long time. I really like the feel of the games and definitely want to get half decent ranks on each of the levels and do some of these challenges. Managed to S rank two stages so far and A rank the rest, its gonna take a while to S rank all the stages (no idea how I'm doing S+ yet) but I'm already a fan. This time I'll make sure I stick at the games and not put them back on my backlog for several more months!

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Disclaimer as I know the devs and played some early versions, but Solas 128 is definitely worth a pick up, especially if you like puzzle type games.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been a rogue like fan, will I still enjoy Hades as much as the critics suggest?
Im not a rogue fan either, but I still like Hades. Hard to say if you'll enjoy it as well, but unlike other rogue like/lite games its a fairly short game with a decent difficulty curve - power ups are actually good and you won't have a run like Isaac where you get rubbish power ups one after another and have an awful run through RNG.
It'll still take a few tries to clear it though, but I at least felt like I was making progress with each run, rather than hitting a brick wall.

Plus stuff like the presentation, plot etc. in Hades are excellent, with it working well with the multiple playthrough loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.