• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is your most anticipated indie of 2021?

• Sports Story

Votes: 65 14.6%
  • Axiom Verge 2

Votes: 62 14.0%
  • Baldo

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • Eastward

Votes: 36 8.1%
  • Mineko's Night Market

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • Hollow Knight: Silksong

Votes: 225 50.7%
  • Other (Post about it)

Votes: 28 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bounced off Bug Fables and Risk of Rain 2, which is always a bummer. Especially since they're both more than I'd usually pay for a impulse purchase. Then I played KeroBlaster which was practically free and I loved it.
Keroblaster is so good!

I absolutely love Risk of Rain 2, sad to hear you couldn't get into it.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Personally i didn't enjoy it, it's so blurry you struggle to see where you're driving and have to rely on navigating using the mini map which is not fun.

This is not true at all. Game is not blurry, that's the Criterion art choice, a remnant from PS2 days where every racer used it. It's running at native res both docked with zero drops. It's a "stellar" port.

twisted89

Oct 27, 2017
This is not true at all. Game is not blurry, that's the Criterion art choice, a remnant from PS2 days where every racer used it. It's running at native res both docked with zero drops. It's a "stellar" port.
Kind of besides the point, you can't see far enough to drive effectively, whether you call it blur or artitistic choice is moot as the result is the same.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Personally i didn't enjoy it, it's so blurry you struggle to see where you're driving and have to rely on navigating using the mini map which is not fun.
It's definitely not native res docked but it's a great portable experience if you can get along with the old early 2010 aesthetic. I admit the navigation during races is not that great though.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of besides the point, you can't see far enough to drive effectively, whether you call it blur or artitistic choice is moot as the result is the same.

Sounds like you're not used to it. The game is 1:1 port with PS4 and Xbox One and back then in 2008 this wasn't a common complaint. But I can see why this affects people now, that artistic choice hasn't been used in ages.

It's definitely not native res docked but it's a great portable experience if you can get along with the old early 2010 aesthetic. I admit the navigation during races is not that great though.

It is native res actually. I have the remastered on Xbox One too and they're literally the same on 1080p.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is Tiny Metal: Full Metal Rumble a sequel or is it a enhanced version of the original Tiny Metal with changes and new content?

EDIT: NVM, its a sequel

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I picked up XCOM 2 for the Switch last sale and I wasnt super happy with it. Ive played it on both PS4 and PC, and the Switch was by far the worst version imo. I mean, it plays. Just not great. If you have another way to play it then I would play it elsewhere before getting it on the Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
I already played the game on PC but since I loved it I though it would be nice to play it again on the go. I don't expect stellar performance (let's be honest it's quite bad in other platforms already), I would settle with good enough so it's enjoyable.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if The Outer Worlds is good now on Switch? Or really just shitty still?

Just saw that the fps average is about 25 and it can get as low as 17. Yep, no, I'll skip it once again.

Last edited:

Dry Bones

Oct 28, 2017
Burnout Paradise and NFS Hot Pursuit are great

been on sale several times. check deku deals for your region's info.

I've been checking eshop-prices.com whenever there are deals but deku deals looks much better so thank you for that. It seems that the expansion was on sale twice but the last time was in July 2019. Hopefully it will be again some time soon.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
So, is robotics : note elite any good ?
I found steins gate interesting but a little to slow paced...
I got the double pack for Christmas and am playing the 1st one now.
If you found Steins Gate slow then this is even slower!
As far as I can tell so far, there's no sci-fi/twist element either, it's quite literally a story about a school robot club making battle robots.
I hear the 2nd game is where it gets interesting so I'm persisting for that reason!

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Picked up Inside and A Short Hike on sale. Might buy more as video gaming continues to be the only thing I can do safely right now.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I got the double pack for Christmas and am playing the 1st one now.
If you found Steins Gate slow then this is even slower!
As far as I can tell so far, there's no sci-fi/twist element either, it's quite literally a story about a school robot club making battle robots.
I hear the 2nd game is where it gets interesting so I'm persisting for that reason!

Well, I just pulled the trigger few minutes before your answer so we'll see lol
Thanks for your answer i'll see if i'll like it or not :)

Statux

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Playing thru Rive: Ultimate Edition right now. Game's so goood, man, it controls like a dream, the HD rumble is delicious and it basically oozes charm. You gotta love Roughshot. I need more games like this in my life :D

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
In response to the poll, my most anticipated 2021 eShop games:
  1. Gotta Protectors sequel
  2. Cyber-Shadow
  3. Hollow Knight: Silksong
  4. Ghouls 'n Ghosts Resurrection
  5. Eastward

Sardello

Oct 30, 2017
For the roguelike lovers, Heroes of the Hammerwatch is on sale for the first time. Definitely grabbing it

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Playing thru Rive: Ultimate Edition right now. Game's so goood, man, it controls like a dream, the HD rumble is delicious and it basically oozes charm. You gotta love Roughshot. I need more games like this in my life :D
RIP Two Tribes

I'm really wondering which game I should buy between NFS or burnout...
I really liked burnout 3 back in the days...
well both of them are Burnout games. neither of them resemble Burnout 3 :)

Mar 3, 2018
Sorry if I missed it, but is there gonna be US/Canada sale like the EU is having for New Years? Don't see anything on my eshop

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I already played the game on PC but since I loved it I though it would be nice to play it again on the go. I don't expect stellar performance (let's be honest it's quite bad in other platforms already), I would settle with good enough so it's enjoyable.
Imo it's definitely good enough that it's enjoyable. There are some loading times when beginning a new mission on the ground and a few not very common (but not game breaking) glitches, but they were mostly there also on other consoles. I completed the game and had a good time, the one caveat is that I did not play the DLC so can't comment on that.
Well, I just pulled the trigger few minutes before your answer so we'll see lol
Thanks for your answer i'll see if i'll like it or not :)
I have actually been told to stay away from the second game (which I believe you haven't bought?) as the perv guy from Steins Gate is apparently at its center and he's apparently going full force with his antiques, which I found cringeworthy in SG.

I have the game you bought but haven't played it yet. Have you played Raging Loop? I'm just finishing it right now, it has a few faults but they're nothing significant, overall it's a good VN imo (and though I'm 30 hours in, it didn't take too much time getting to the parts where something actually happens, contrary to SG and some other VNs).

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking of getting Borderlands: The Handsome Collection after seeing many people saying that the first game can be skipped and it would be better to do that. Am I missing much by not playing the first one? I have never even tried any Boderlands.

Sorry if I missed it, but is there gonna be US/Canada sale like the EU is having for New Years? Don't see anything on my eshop

Some distributors and put some games on sale today and yesterday. You can check Deku Deals or simply Go and see directly the sales that were added recently.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
well both of them are Burnout games. neither of them resemble Burnout 3 :)

Stellar said they have more EA remasters coming. I want to say one of them is Burnout 3 (or Revenge) but I doubt they could find an audience for a PS2 era racer. Us forum dwellers would appreciate it, but for younger gamers PS2 era visuals could be a tough sell.

If I had to guess their future remasters, I'd say SSX (2012), Skate 3 or NFS Most Wanted 2013.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking of getting Borderlands: The Handsome Collection after seeing many people saying that the first game can be skipped and it would be better to do that. Am I missing much by not playing the first one? I have never even tried any Boderlands.

You can definitely jump into part 2 fine. The first game introduces the world and some NPC's that all make cameos. It's vast DLC in the first game especially introduced a ton of stuff into canon, but it's largely not that important outside of minor context. You'll only really miss a few throwaway insider references and get the gist pretty fast. Largely the game is about mowing down fodder enemies and inv juggling for new equips anyway. Both games are huge and their included DLC expansions can further double that playtime. May as well just jump into the sequel.

That said, the first game is not bad or anything. Some even prefer the more grounded tone(less meme humor), but it can be pretty dry and samey. BL2 puts jokes abd ridiculousness on center stage. But it's not like there is that much of a gulf in game design or quality.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have any opinions of Ara Fell? The few reviews online are average but reading about it, the game might scratch the prpg itch I have ATM.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Just had an amazing run in Hades and it felt great but I feel like I was able to get that far only because I got very lucky with some of the upgrades which were allowing me to recover health really easily.

Another thing... I basically only use dash, attack and special, I never use cast, is it useful? Don't remember the tutorial explaining what it does very well

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Just had an amazing run in Hades and it felt great but I feel like I was able to get that far only because I got very lucky with some of the upgrades which were allowing me to recover health really easily.

Another thing... I basically only use dash, attack and special, I never use cast, is it useful? Don't remember the tutorial explaining what it does very well
cast gets very useful once you unlock some additional skills in the mirror. (e.g. additional dmg to enemies who are marked with cast)

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
That's generally how it goes with roguelikes. I'm generally not a fan of the genre but I do find one I enjoy from time to time. Hades, and Everspace for example.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not a good sign when I get stuck in the very first puzzle in Layton >_>

checked a solution, I would never get there, as it was completely outside of what I was trying to do, this does not bode well :/

Status
Not open for further replies.