• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
After being so excited to play it for so long, I'm disappointed to find myself being rather bored with Kentucky. I'm around halfway through act 2 and it's not clicking with me whatsoever. :(

I envy those that are enjoying it because it should be something I would like, but I'm genuinely close to falling asleep here.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
After being so excited to play it for so long, I'm disappointed to find myself being rather bored with Kentucky. I'm around halfway through act 2 and it's not clicking with me whatsoever. :(

I envy those that are enjoying it because it should be something I would like, but I'm genuinely close to falling asleep here.

I got a bit sleepy and lost 6 or so scenes into act I. Will go back to it soon, maybe on my tv instead of handheld (though headphones helped a lot with the immersion)

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
It works great, I played the first one on PC and it is clear that they really put a lot of thought into the controller scheme, everything feels very snappy and you can use L and R for precision aiming. The port in terms of performance and fidelity is excellent, albeit I play exclusively in handheld mode.
Ah, the perfect person to respond! I also played the first on PC--though I did not finish it--and based on its mouse controls there, I was concerned it might not translate to a controller very well. This is good to hear; thank you. I am far, far more likely to finish it and overall enjoy it more on a console instead of on my laptop with a mouse. I will watch for a sale.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Did anyone get Code Shifter? It really does not look good to me at all, but it is an Arc Sys game so maybe it's decent?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going through cuphead right now. I like it, but I don't see the masterpiece that everyone sees. Indeed, the game is incredibly well done; the visuals, the music the animations, the general atmosphere. Absolutely amazing.
The gameplay however has many shortcomings which, for a boss rush, are problematic in my opinion. Ultimately, it boils down to the fact that I'm not getting better at the game; I'm just getting better at beating a specific boss. I feel no sense of progression.
In comparison, when I was playing Furi (one of my favorite games in 2018), I genuinely felt that my skills as a player were improving, so much that I actually trounced the final few bosses and the dlc despite struggling for the first bosses. I don't feel that with cuphead.
My other issue with the game is the complete lack of feedback from my actions. It often feels that I just need to survive for a certain duration by executing a choreography while maintaining the shooting button, but I never feel that I'm "fighting" the boss.

So, I'm disappointed. I'm still having fun with it, but not as much as I hoped. I'm happy that I only spent 10 euros for it.

This has been my take on Cuphead as well.

In many ways I'm merely memorizing patterns, particularly timing for netting those pink attack bonuses. Beyond that I never felt much satisfaction from the action or shooting.

Certainly impressive visually and aesthetically, but yea. Didnt leave the same impression as most.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Some Rise of Insanity gameplay. Reminds me of Layers of Fear in presentation, tone and general gameplay. Comes out Feb 13.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Ah, the perfect person to respond! I also played the first on PC--though I did not finish it--and based on its mouse controls there, I was concerned it might not translate to a controller very well. This is good to hear; thank you. I am far, far more likely to finish it and overall enjoy it more on a console instead of on my laptop with a mouse. I will watch for a sale.

Glad to help. I feel exactly the same, the option to play these 80+ hours RPGs on a handheld device is just amazing and super convenient.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is scrolling up and down pages in the eShop slightly faster than it was before? 🤔
It's always fast for me as long as there's no game suspended in the background and I have a sound WiFi connection. The eShop browser keeps very little in the local memory from what I can tell so its highly dependent on a good connection.
There was a notable performance boost between the V1.0 Switch and the V1.1 Switch revision for me however even when under ideal conditions so between those two devices there can be a measurable difference.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
It's always fast for me as long as there's no game suspended in the background and I have a sound WiFi connection. The eShop browser keeps very little in the local memory from what I can tell so its highly dependent on a good connection.
There was a notable performance boost between the V1.0 Switch and the V1.1 Switch revision for me however even when under ideal conditions so between those two devices there can be a measurable difference.

I'm still using the same Switch on the same Internet connection without a game suspended in the background, and I dunno. Just feels like something was suddenly tweaked where pages scroll just a little bit faster.

Could very likely be my imagination or because I'm tired though. lol

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I'm still using the same Switch on the same Internet connection without a game suspended in the background, and I dunno. Just feels like something was suddenly tweaked where pages scroll just a little bit faster.

Could very likely be my imagination or because I'm tired though. lol
did you do a hard-reboot recently? maybe it's like refreshing/clearing out the cache. *shrug*

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
NA:

• Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
    • The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics – Lead a fledgling resistance of Gelfling against their oppressive overlords, the Skeksis, across more than 50 unique, turn-based tactics RPG battles. Along the way, you will recruit and customize new allies by assigning them jobs, modifying their abilities and outfitting them with equipment to ensure victory. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics will be available on Feb. 4.
    • Skellboy – Life was peaceful in the Cubold Kingdom until the king's evil court magician got dumped by the princess. With his heart broken and his rage fueled, he called upon the evil spirits to resurrect the dead and the kingdom's long-forgotten monstrosities. This action-RPG will truly test your skill as you explore the interconnected world of Cubold to a soundtrack of rocking chiptune songs.
DLC:
  • Byleth Joins the Fight in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Teach your opponents a lesson in discipline! Byleth, the skilled mercenary and tactician from the Fire Emblem series, enters battle as the newest playable character in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game. Byleth's unique ranged play style enables a new host of combat strategies in the game. The purchase of Byleth's Challenger Pack* for $5.99 also includes the Garreg Mach Monastery stage and 11 newly added music tracks from the Fire Emblem series.
  • Six New Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Available for Pre-Purchase – The ultimate celebration of legendary video game characters keeps growing! Fighters Pass Vol. 2*, which will include six more Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighters currently under development, is now available for pre-purchase for only $29.99. Players will get access to six more yet-to-be-announced Challenger Packs as they release, which will each include one new fighter, one stage and multiple music tracks. Those who purchase Fighters Pass Vol. 2 will also receive an exclusive costume for Mii Swordfighter, the Ancient Soldier Gear from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game, available for use in-game now!
Nintendo eShop sales:

Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:

DKoops

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
EU downloads for January 30, 2020

Nintendo eShop (Switch)

Motorcycle Mechanic Simulator (Ultimate Games) - €6.99/£6.29 (€1.18/£1.06 until February 7)
Don't forget to expand your garage! Gather experience to become the best mechanic in town!

Actual Sunlight (WZOGI) - €9.00/£8.09
Notorious: Widely considered to be one of the bleakest and best-written experiences in indie gaming, Actual Sunlight challenges you to confront the life of Evan Winter: An overweight, lonely and severely depressed young professional.

Fear the words, not the reading: Presented almost entirely in text, a mixture of sharp observation and pitch black humor captures your interest from provocative beginning to shattering conclusion.

Prepare yourself: Actual Sunlight is a uniquely unforgettable adventure that will etch itself into you as one of the most difficult, haunting and beautiful experiences you have ever had as a gamer.

It came from space and ate our brains (ALL IN! GAMES) - €14.99/£13.49
A merciless alien species that feeds on human brains (duh) has invaded the Earth. Who can stand up to them? You, obviously! Save the world—or at least yourself. Send aliens to oblivion in It Came From Space and Ate Our Brains—a unique top-down arcade shooter.

Addicting gameplay elements, co-op mode, and a way to turn aliens into goo? It's all here! Explore atmospheric locations with a flashlight and a weapon powerful enough to blast those unwanted intergalactic guests back into space. Survive hordes of enemies trying to corner you and get inside your skull… at least until you set a new high score and die like a badass!

Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition (Annapurna Interactive) - €22.99/£20.99
KENTUCKY ROUTE ZERO: TV EDITION is a magical realist adventure game in five acts, featuring a haunting electronic score, and a suite of hymns and bluegrass standards recorded by The Bedquilt Ramblers. Rendered in a striking visual style that draws as much from theater, film, and experimental electronic art as it does from the history of videogames, this is a story of unpayable debts, abandoned futures, and the human drive to find community.

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (CD PROJEKT) - €19.99/£16.99
Thronebreaker is a single player role-playing game set in the world of The Witcher that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics.

Crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the game spins a truly regal tale of Meve, a war-veteran and queen of two Northern Realms — Lyria and Rivia. Facing an imminent Nilfgaardian invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.

Horse Farm (upjers) - €19.99/£17.99 (€14.99/£13.49 until February 29)
Let yourself be enchanted by Horse Farm – a delightful horse game for equestrian enthusiasts everywhere! Build your own horse ranch, keep beautiful horses, pamper your hooved pals and give your guests a vacation they won't forget!

Build stables, barns and lodges. Complete riveting horse game tasks, and pamper your Horse Farm's guests with culinary delicacies and a wide variety of horse-related leisure activities. You'll be able to keep all sorts of different horses, from Appaloosas and Quarter Horses to Shetland Ponies, Arabians, Hanoverian and many, many more. Crossbreed different breeds, and get foals that inherit special abilities and appearances from their parents.

Coffee Talk (Toge Productions) - €12.99/£11.69
Coffee Talk is a game about listening to people's problems and helping them by serving up a warm drink out of the ingredients you have in stock. It is a game that depicts lives as humanly as possible, while having a cast that is more than just humans.

Immerse yourself in the stories of alternative-Seattle inhabitants, ranging from a dramatic love story between an elf and a succubus, an alien trying to understand humans' lives, and many others modern readers will find strongly echo the world around them.

Music Racer (Sometimes You) - €6.99/£6.29
Rush along futuristic, neon tracks. Gather beats, catch the rhythm.

The racetrack is created in real time based on the game's music tracks. The speed and mood of each run are determined by the compositions chosen. Obstacles and awards are generated from the music. Get into the rhythm and collect as many points as possible.

Bookbound Brigade (Intragames) - €19.99/£17.99
Bookbound Brigade is a new take on the established Metroidvania genre where classic stories and well-known characters get the video game treatment, and where the player gets to lead a colorful bunch of real and fictional heroes through a 2D side-scrolling platform-adventure in a quest to battle overwhelming hordes of monsters and bring order back to the literary world.

Speaking Simulator (Affable Games) - €19.00/£17.00
Do you have a vague understanding of human interaction? Well this is the game for you!

Your mission is simple: Infiltrate a world of extremely trusting humans, speak to them, and convince them that you're definitely not a robot.

The disgusting art of human speech is a mystery us. Somehow, just by waving a wet tongue around and stretching your lips a bit, words come out.

CODE SHIFTER (ARC SYSTEM WORKS) - €18.99/£17.09
Our adventure starts at the video game company, Awesome Rainbow Corp. Your aim as a staff member is to deliver a complete, bug-free game. However, as your game nears completion, strange software bugs have started appearing.

Use the Code Shifter program in this side-scrolling action-platformer to defeat all the in-game bugs.

Once you've exterminated the bugs that have sprung forth in the programming world, you'll return to the real world where your story continues to develop, leading you to the root of the outbreak.

Sisters Royale: Five Sisters Under Fire (Chorus Worldwide Games) - €12.99/£11.69
The first new game in 12 years from Alfa System, the team that brought you the Shoot 'Em Up "Castle of Shikigami III" in the "Castle of Shikigami" series.

Five uniquely talented sisters are squabbling over which of them will marry the angel Yashin. Enjoy the heroic(?) strategies of all five!

The Tension Bonus System (TBS) means your score and number of coins multiplies based on your distance from enemies and their attacks, and the Powershot System changes normal attacks into strong attacks, further ramping up the tension!

Eclipse: Edge of Light (White Elk) - €12.50/£11.29
Crash-landed on a sentient planet, you awake to discover a dreamscape world, filled with alien wonder and the remains of a betrayed civilization. You find a powerful relic, the Artifact, that can interact with ancient technology and grant you near-magical powers. Just what secrets does the planet harbor? What cataclysm befell its inhabitants? Using your jetpack-equipped space suit, investigate the ancient ruins to uncover the planet's perplexing past.

Immerse yourself in a fascinating and memorable new world. Can you rise to the challenge and solve the haunting riddle of this mysterious place?

Never Again (Redblack Spade) - €11.59/£10.39
Never Again - Horror/first-person Quest. The main essence of the game is research locations and puzzles, plunging in the dramatic story of a little girl suffering from asthma.

The main character - Sasha Anders, a thirteen year old girl who awakens from a nightmare. The world seems to be upside down for her. Everything becomes so strange. The house is imbued with loneliness and longing and it seems strange to our character considering it was always dominated by love and harmony.

Ascendant Hearts (Visualnoveler) - €9.99/£8.99
Hayato lived an ordinary life until he wakes up one day with amnesia… and finds himself in a world closer to the video games he plays than the world he remembers.

Fetch quests? Skill points? Respawning after death? It's all a bit much to accept. A mage named Shiori offers to help him find his way, and with her help, he learns how to fight monsters, perform fetch quests, and put items in a strange metaphysical space called an "inventory."

Soon he's ready to take on NPC quests! But the town of Lightshire is in danger from deadly monsters—monsters that can kill you for real. Where did they come from? What is behind the attacks? Hayato and Shiori are determined to find out, and no matter what they encounter—from high-level dungeons to argumentative party members—they won't stop until they learn the truth.

UORiS DX (Regista) - €8.00/£7.00 (€4.00/£3.50 until February 22)
UORiS has become DX (Deluxe) and reborn!

Redesigned as it is cute. There are more types of fish blocks, and a mysterious huge block has appeared!? The rules are simple, just align them side by side and erase them. However, when the head disappears, all the body except the line also disappears. In the empty place, the upper block falls down and it is possible to erase the chain.

Aviary Attorney: Definitive Edition (Vertical Reach) - €16.49/£14.99
Take yourself back to 1848 in Aviary Attorney: Definitive Edition. Paris is on the brink of yet another revolution, and the prisons are overflowing with guilty and innocent alike.

One bird stands for justice amid society's chaos.

Play the role of Monsieur Jayjay Falcon, a bird of prey with a good heart and questionable lawyering expertise. Join him and his witty apprentice, Sparrowson, as the two take on clients, interview witnesses, collect evidence and deliver justice to the guilty.

Prison Princess (qureate) - €16.79/£15.09
Lead two captured princesses to solve puzzles and escape the Demon King's castle. Your actions alone as a hero will decide their fates, and your own! A ghostly sliver of your former self, can you rescue the princesses? A new escape game experience, with cute girls, puzzles, and 'special' events.

Skellboy (Fabraz) - €20.00/£18.00 (€18.00/£16.20 until February 1)
Life was peaceful in the Cubold Kingdom until the king's evil court magician got dumped by the princess. With his heart broken and his rage fueled, he called upon the evil spirits to resurrect the dead and the kingdom's long forgotten monstrosities.

What he doesn't realize in his fury is that he accidentally summoned an ancient hero as well... Skippy! Travel across the beautifully rendered kingdom of Cubold and take full advantage of your resurrected, skeletal body! Swap out body parts to acquire new abilities during your adventure or pick up a new weapon to vanquish the evil magician's lackeys.

Arcade Archives Tecmo Bowl (HAMSTER) - €6.99/£6.29
"TECMO BOWL" is an American football game released by TECMO in 1987. Experience matches as a player of either the WILDCATS or BULLDOGS. Predict your opponent's moves and steal the ball! Use passes and runs to cut through their line and score an amazing touchdown!

Indie Gems Bundle - JRPG Edition (Plug In Digital, available January 31) - €19.99/£17.99
This bundle includes Dungeon Rushers and Robothorium.

Milo's Quest (Ratalaika Games, available January 31) - €4.99/£4.99
The young pupper, Milo, is enjoying his time in the park and sees a delicious bone to chew on! This bone is cursed and sets free the Evil King Old Skull. Now it's up to Milo to go on an adventure to stop the curse!

Choose from three difficulty levels for your adventure! You can even change up the kind of experience you want by focusing only on puzzles or combat.

Pick up items and useful tools on your quest to take on ghosts and solve block puzzles to stop the Evil King Old Skull!

Super Battle Cards (Baltoro Games, available January 31) - €5.99/£5.39
Darkness has fallen on the kingdom. Vile creatures now roam the land they seek to conquer. Our good king has been imprisoned, and his subjects robbed of their gold by the evil Ogre. He's the strongest monster of them all! But thankfully he's not that bright - you can outwit him! Watch your step, as the road ahead is filled with traps and obstacles. No one is safe in the dungeons, and you will have to face it all - merciless monsters, wraiths and more!

Reknum (JanduSoft, available January 31) - €4.99/£4.49
In Reknum you play the role of the princess Cheri, who must advance through 6 different completely explorable zones, loot chests with crystals that will increase her passive skills in order to advance.

Each zone introduces different elements which must be evaluated in order to be able to advance, to examine how to advance, to examine the behavior of the enemies and to fight bosses.

Touchdown Pinball (SuperPowerUpGames, available January 31) - €2.99/£2.69
Get ready for Touchdown Pinball, a pinball machine where you'll play an exciting match. Score field goals, touchdowns and show who is the greatest football player on this table.

Discover all the missions and secrets, including a secret arena match where your abilities will be tested.

Complete all the missions and become number 1 in the world or the best among your Friends, posting your high score on the online leaderboard.

Not Tonight: Take Back Control Edition (No More Robots, available January 31) - €22.99/£19.49
Not Tonight is a post-Brexit management game, fusing a time-pressure RPG with a politically charged story where every decision matters. Will you join the resistance and fight the regime -- or keep your head down and hope that one day this will all be a distant memory?

Not Tonight: One Love is a full, extra chapter that follows on from the main Not Tonight storyline. King's Head Dave has had just about enough of everything happening in Britain, and has decided to pack up and move to France, in the hope of finding true love.

Ash of Gods: Redemption (Koch Media, available January 31) - €29.99/£24.99
Ash of Gods is a tactical turn-based RPG with rich lore and detailed nonlinear storyline about three heroes facing an ancient mythical evil. Captain Thorn Brenin, the guard Lo Pheng and scribe Hopper Rouley don't yet know that the Reapers have returned and are planning to drown the world in blood so they can awaken the slumbering gods.

The story can change at any time depending on your choices, sometimes leading to a character's death. This won't end the game, however, as the narrative continues without the hero but takes into account the consequences of his demise on future events. Don't rely on a single tactic or a powerful team to win the game – the AI in Ash of Gods adapts to your gaming style and forces you to be more cunning!

Heroland (Marvelous Europe, available January 31) - €39.99/£32.99
You're invited to a magical resort where anyone can be a hero—except for you. You just work there! Luckily, it's on an island where dreams come true...for a price.

As a tour guide, your job is to lead "heroes" safely through the theme park's dungeons. Customize strategies, repair weapons, and manage items to survive!

Recruit over 20 quirky characters, including upright knights, phantom thieves, high school girls, and one casually nihilistic otter/man.

Bridge Constructor Ultimate Edition (Headup Games, available January 31) - €14.99/£11.99 (€11.99/£9.59 until February 2)
Bridge Constructor Ultimate Edition includes the "Bridge Constructor" and both DLCs "Slopemania" and the "Trains" Expansion Pack!

In Bridge Constructor, you can become an accomplished bridge builder without any formal training. Play 40 different levels, and build bridges over deep valleys, canals, or rivers. Stress tests reveal whether the bridge you build can withstand the daily stress of continual use from cars and trucks.

You can choose between a range of materials for each individual bridge, such as wood, steel, cables, or concrete pillars. Use the appropriate materials and stay within budget to build the perfect bridge. Thanks to the choice of materials, you can build each bridge in any number of ways – your budget is the only limit. Set your imagination and creativity free!

Willy Jetman: Astromonkey's Revenge (BLG-Publishing, available January 31) - €14.99/£13.49 (€12.99/£11.69 until February 2)
Willy Jetman: Astromonkey's Revenge is an arcade shooter full to the brim with action and shooting, inspired by the console classics of the 90s.

In the orbit of the planet Gravos there has been a terrible accident that has caused an environmental disaster, filling the planet with space garbage. Willy is a street sweeper whose mission will be to collect the garbage and take it to the recycling centres while facing countless enemies, but he will soon find out that his destiny is preparing more surprises than he could have imagined.

HYPERCHARGE Unboxed (Digital Cybercherries, available January 31) - €19.99/£19.99 (€17.99/£17.99 until February 1)
HYPERCHARGE Unboxed tells the story of Sgt. Max Ammo and his epic mission to defend the HYPER-CORE. Your task is to fulfill his mission and prevent the HYPER-CORE from being destroyed. If it's destroyed, you can bid farewell to your human friends. They'll forget about you. It'll be like you never existed. Do not let that happen. Work together and win, for the future of toys everywhere!

Downloadable content

Sisters Royale: Five Sisters Under Fire - Additional player character "Ode" (Chorus Worldwide Games) - €2.50/£2.29
The mysterious witch Ode can use magic and soar across the skies. Does she too have her sights set on marrying the angel Yashin? Having come to duel with the sisters, she hides her face behind a mask... Armed with immensely mighty magic attacks, she hurtles into the sisters' conflict!
- added as a new player character
- Stories for Ode added
- Further high score rankings added

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (DE) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (ES) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (ESMX) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (FR) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (IT) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (JP) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (KO) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (PL) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (PTBR) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (RU) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (ZHS) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - (ZHT) Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Language Pack (CD PROJEKT)

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Spirit Training Set (Nintendo)
Includes:
- 3000 SP
- Snack (S) x 100
- Snack (M) x 30
- Snack L x 5

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Fighters Pass Vol. 2 (Nintendo) - €29.99/£26.99
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: MegaMan.EXE's Helmet + Armor (Nintendo) - €0.80/£0.70
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Mega Man X's Helmet + Armor (Nintendo) - €0.80/£0.70
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Rabbids Hat (Nintendo) - €0.80/£0.70
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Altaïr Hood + Outfit (Nintendo) - €0.80/£0.70
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead Hat + Outfit (Nintendo) - €0.80/£0.70

Demos

AeternoBlade II (Corecell Technology)
Harness the AeternoBlade – and defy the abyss in this sequel to the fast-paced action/puzzle platformer. In AeternoBlade II, use the power of time itself to outwit your enemies and explore mysterious new dimensions. Jump between frenetic combat encounters and intriguing puzzle segments that require ingenious use of time.

Play as three unique characters – including returning heroine Freyja, and newcomers Felix and Bernard, as they journey across dimensions in a desperate struggle against the destruction of the Dark Abyss. The power of the AeternoBlade must be returned or reality, as they know it, will face total collapse.

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (Team17)
Yooka & Laylee are back in a brand-new platform hybrid adventure!

They must run, jump and roll their way through a series of challenging 2D levels, face a puzzling Overworld and rally the Royal Bee-tallion to take down Capital B and his Impossible Lair!

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
it's not too dissimilar from the other stores to be fair, but the way that the same deals rotate in and out every few weeks is a bit of a bummer.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the shit out of Sisters Royale, which is already up. It plays just like the Shiki games from the Wii and PS2, almost too similar. It has TATE and leaderboards too, along with Practice mode. It's very fun going for high scores with the summons and buzzing, and it's even crazier on Hard mode. If you like shmups, go for this one.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
European Switch Sales

Agatha Knife (Mango Protocol) - 50% - €5.99/£4.79 (was €11.99/£9.59) - From 31/01 until 10/02
Agent A: A puzzle in disguise (YAK) - 80% - €2.59/£2.59 (was €12.99/£12.99) - From 01/02 until 01/03
Almost There: The Platformer (QuantumAstroGuild) - 85% - €1.22/£1.07 (was €8.19/£7.19) - From 28/01 until 27/02
Apocryph: an old-school shooter (Bigzur Games) - 50% - €5.99/£5.99 (was €11.99/£11.99) - From 01/02 until 09/02
Automachef (Team17) - 40% - €8.99/£6.59 (was €14.99/£10.99) - From 30/01 until 09/02
Avenger Bird (Ultimate Games) - 45% - €1.09/£0.98 (was €1.99/£1.79) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Back to Bed (2Awesome Studio) - 50% - €2.49/£2.49 (was €4.99/£4.99) - From 27/01 until 09/02
Beat Cop (11 bit studios) - 75% - €3.74/£3.37 (was €14.99/£13.49) - From 02/02 until 23/02
Billy Bomber (Ultimate Games) - 79% - €1.04/£0.94 (was €5.00/£4.49) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Blasphemous (Team17) - 40% - €14.99/£11.99 (was €24.99/£19.99) - From 30/01 until 09/02
Blindy (Ultimate Games) - 79% - €1.46/£1.32 (was €6.99/£6.29) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Boom Ball: Boost Edition (VirtualAirGuitar) - 75% - €3.24/£2.49 (was €12.99/£9.99) - From 30/01 until 06/02
Bouncy Bob 2 (Ultimate Games) - 79% - €1.04/£0.94 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 28/01 until 07/02
BQM -BlockQuest Maker- COMPLETE EDITION (Wonderland Kazakiri) - 50% - €11.48/£10.48 (was €22.97/£20.97) - From 30/01 until 09/02
Breathing Fear (Drageus Games) - 50% - €2.49/£2.24 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 31/01 until 01/03
Build a Bridge! (BoomBit Games) - 80% - €2.99/£2.69 (was €14.99/£13.49) - From 31/01 until 01/03
Bus Fix 2019 (Ultimate Games) - 83% - €1.01/£0.91 (was €5.99/£5.39) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Car Mechanic Manager (Ultimate Games) - 74% - €1.03/£0.93 (was €3.99/£3.59) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Car Mechanic Simulator Pocket Edition (Ultimate Games) - 60% - €7.99/£7.19 (was €19.99/£17.99) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Car Trader (Ultimate Games) - 74% - €1.03/£0.93 (was €3.99/£3.59) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Castle of Heart (7Levels) - 90% - €1.49/£1.34 (was €14.99/£13.49) - From 02/02 until 03/03
Catch a Duck (Ultimate Games) - 79% - €1.04/£0.94 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Chicken Rider (Ultimate Games) - 74% - €1.03/£0.93 (was €3.99/£3.59) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Classic Games Collection Vol.1 (Baltoro Games) - 70% - €1.49/£1.34 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 02/02 until 03/03
Cuphead (StudioMDHR) - 25% - €14.99/£12.74 (was €19.99/£16.99) - From 28/01 until 31/01
Darkest Hunters (Ultimate Games) - 79% - €1.04/£0.94 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Die for Valhalla! (Monster Couch) - 50% - €5.99/£5.49 (was €11.99/£10.99) - From 30/01 until 13/02
Dimension Drive (2Awesome Studio) - 85% - €1.94/£1.79 (was €12.99/£11.99) - From 27/01 until 09/02
Down to Hell (Ultimate Games) - 10% - €8.99/£8.09 (was €9.99/£8.99) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Dream Alone (No Gravity Games) - 90% - €0.99/£0.89 (was €9.99/£8.99) - From 30/01 until 29/02
Epic Clicker Journey (Ultimate Games) - 79% - €1.04/£0.94 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 28/01 until 07/02
ESport Manager (Ultimate Games) - 79% - €1.67/£1.50 (was €7.99/£7.19) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Evoland Legendary Edition (Shiro Games) - 75% - €4.99/£4.49 (was €19.99/£17.99) - From 29/01 until 09/02
EXORDER (No Gravity Games) - 92% - €1.03/£0.91 (was €12.99/£11.49) - From 30/01 until 29/02
Flipping Death (Zoink Games) - 75% - €4.99/£4.49 (was €19.99/£17.99) - From 30/01 until 12/02
Gabbuchi (h.a.n.d) - 30% - €4.89/£4.40 (was €6.99/£6.29) - From 31/01 until 26/02
Garage Mechanic Simulator (Ultimate Games) - 83% - €1.18/£1.06 (was €6.99/£6.29) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Gear.Club Unlimited (Microids) - 80% - €9.99/£8.99 (was €49.99/£44.99) - From 30/01 until 20/02
Godly Corp (Ultimate Games) - 87% - €1.03/£0.93 (was €7.99/£7.19) - From 28/01 until 07/02
GoFishing 3D (Ultimate Games) - 74% - €1.29/£1.16 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Guess the Word (Ultimate Games) - 22% - €1.00/£0.92 (was €1.29/£1.19) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Gym Hero – Idle Fitness Tycoon (Ultimate Games) - 45% - €1.03/£0.92 (was €1.89/£1.69) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Happy Animals Bowling (LLC ROOM710GAMES) - 20% - €3.99/£3.59 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 30/01 until 13/02
History 2048 (Run-Down Games) - 80% - €0.99/£0.89 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 30/01 until 19/02
Hotel Dracula (Ultimate Games) - 79% - €1.04/£0.94 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 28/01 until 07/02
I wanna fly (Ultimate Games) - 45% - €1.09/£0.98 (was €1.99/£1.79) - From 28/01 until 07/02
I, Zombie (Awesome Games) - 77% - €1.14/£1.03 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 31/01 until 28/02
Inferno 2 (2Awesome Studio) - 50% - €2.49/£2.02 (was €4.99/£4.04) - From 27/01 until 09/02
It's Raining Fists and Metal (Corvostudio di Amadei Marco) - 35% - €4.54/£3.89 (was €6.99/£5.99) - From 01/02 until 08/02
Joggernauts (Graffiti Games) - 75% - €3.74/£3.37 (was €14.99/£13.49) - From 30/01 until 13/02
Just Black Jack (Run-Down Games) - 50% - €0.99/£0.89 (was €1.99/£1.79) - From 30/01 until 19/02
Killer Queen Black (Liquid Bit) - 50% - €8.99/£8.09 (was €17.99/£16.19) - From 31/01 until 15/02
King's Heir: Rise to the Throne (Artifex Mundi) - 75% - €3.74/£3.37 (was €14.99/£13.49) - From 29/01 until 08/02
Little Shopping (Ultimate Games) - 22% - €1.00/£0.92 (was €1.29/£1.19) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Lydia (Nakana.io) - 25% - €3.00/£2.62 (was €4.00/£3.50) - From 31/01 until 20/02
Mable & The Wood (Graffiti Games) - 50% - €7.49/£6.74 (was €14.99/£13.49) - From 30/01 until 13/02
Mad Bullets (isTom Games) - 50% - €4.99/£4.49 (was €9.99/£8.99) - From 30/01 until 27/02
Mimic Hunter (Angry Cat) - 80% - €0.99/£0.89 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 01/02 until 29/02
Moero Chronicle Hyper (Idea Factory) - 50% - €9.99/£8.99 (was €19.99/£17.99) - From 01/02 until 22/02
MONKEY BARRELS (Good-Feel) - 20% - €11.99/£9.59 (was €14.99/£11.99) - From 30/01 until 12/02
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (FDG Entertainment) - 50% - €19.99/£17.49 (was €39.99/£34.99) - From 01/02 until 28/02
Moorhuhn Wanted (Higgs Games) - 20% - €5.59/£5.03 (was €6.99/£6.29) - From 30/01 until 29/02
Motorcycle Mechanic Simulator (Ultimate Games) - 83% - €1.18/£1.06 (was €6.99/£6.29) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Muse Dash (X.D. Network) - 30% - €20.99/£18.19 (was €29.99/£25.99) - From 28/01 until 03/02
Overcooked Special Edition (Team 17) - 66% - €6.79/£6.11 (was €19.99/£17.99) - From 30/01 until 09/02
Overcooked! 2 (Team17) - 40% - €14.99/£11.99 (was €24.99/£19.99) - From 30/01 until 09/02
Paper Train (isTom Games) - 50% - €4.99/£4.49 (was €9.99/£8.99) - From 30/01 until 27/02
Pet Care (Ultimate Games) - 22% - €1.00/£0.92 (was €1.29/£1.19) - From 28/01 until 07/02
PICROSS LORD OF THE NAZARICK (JUPITER) - 30% - €6.99/£6.29 (was €9.99/£8.99) - From 31/01 until 13/02
Pirates: All Aboard! (No Gravity Games) - 81% - €1.13/£1.02 (was €5.99/£5.39) - From 30/01 until 29/02
Pizza Parking (Arach Games) - 75% - €0.99/£0.89 (was €3.99/£3.59) - From 01/02 until 29/02
Quest Hunter (2 Zombie Games) - 40% - €10.19/£9.17 (was €16.99/£15.29) - From 31/01 until 24/02
Rawr-Off (No Gravity Games) - 63% - €1.10/£0.99 (was €2.99/£2.69) - From 30/01 until 29/02
Red Siren: Space Defense (isTom Games) - 50% - €4.99/£4.49 (was €9.99/£8.99) - From 30/01 until 27/02
Redneck Skeet Shooting (Ultimate Games) - 79% - €1.04/£0.94 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Robot Squad Simulator (Ultimate Games) - 89% - €1.64/£1.48 (was €14.99/£13.49) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Rogue Bit (Bigosaur) - 40% - €2.99/£2.39 (was €4.99/£3.99) - From 01/02 until 01/03
Scrap (Ultimate Games) - 79% - €1.04/£0.94 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Selma and the Wisp (Ultimate Games) - 89% - €1.09/£0.98 (was €9.99/£8.99) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Serial Cleaner (Curve Digital) - 90% - €1.49/£1.49 (was €14.99/£14.99) - From 27/01 until 10/02
Shadow Bug (Muro Studios) - 30% - €6.29/£5.66 (was €8.99/£8.09) - From 02/02 until 16/02
Shadows 2: Perfidia (Ultimate Games) - 79% - €1.67/£1.50 (was €7.99/£7.19) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Ships (Ultimate Games) - 83% - €2.20/£1.98 (was €12.99/£11.69) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Sky Rogue (Fractal Phase) - 50% - €8.49/£7.49 (was €16.99/£14.99) - From 31/01 until 07/02
Snake vs Snake (Casual Games) - 10% - €3.59/£3.59 (was €3.99/£3.99) - From 31/01 until 23/02
Soap Dodgem (Zsolt Fabian) - 49% - €1.01/£0.91 (was €1.99/£1.79) - From 30/01 until 20/02
Son of a Witch (Bigosaur) - 40% - €7.79/£6.59 (was €12.99/£10.99) - From 01/02 until 01/03
Sorry, James (Nestor Yavorskyy) - 50% - €2.49/£2.24 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 30/01 until 18/02
SpaceColorsRunner (Arach Games) - 80% - €0.99/£0.89 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 01/02 until 29/02
Steamburg (Monster Couch) - 50% - €2.49/£2.24 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 30/01 until 13/02
SteamWorld Dig (Image & Form) - 75% - €2.49/£2.24 (was €9.99/£8.99) - From 30/01 until 12/02
SteamWorld Dig 2 (Image & Form) - 60% - €7.99/£5.99 (was €19.99/£14.99) - From 30/01 until 12/02
SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition (Image & Form) - 75% - €4.99/£3.74 (was €19.99/£14.99) - From 30/01 until 12/02
SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech (Thunderful) - 30% - €17.49/£15.74 (was €24.99/£22.49) - From 30/01 until 12/02
Stick It to The Man (Zoink Games) - 80% - €2.39/£2.19 (was €11.99/£10.99) - From 30/01 until 12/02
Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure DELUXE (Reign Bros) - 50% - €7.49/£6.74 (was €14.99/£13.49) - From 30/01 until 09/02
Suicide Guy (ChubbyPixel) - 70% - €2.39/£2.15 (was €7.99/£7.19) - From 30/01 until 13/02
Suicide Guy: Sleepin' Deeply (ChubbyPixel) - 70% - €1.79/£1.61 (was €5.99/£5.39) - From 30/01 until 13/02
Super Jumpy Ball (Casual Games) - 10% - €4.49/£4.49 (was €4.99/£4.99) - From 31/01 until 23/02
Swim Out (Lozange Lab) - 20% - €4.79/£4.31 (was €5.99/£5.39) - From 29/01 until 03/02
Tetsumo Party (Monster Couch) - 50% - €2.49/£2.24 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 30/01 until 13/02
The Adventures of Elena Temple: Definitive Edition (GRIMTALIN) - 20% - €3.99/£3.59 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 30/01 until 19/02
The Bug Butcher (2Awesome Studio) - 50% - €3.99/£3.99 (was €7.99/£7.99) - From 27/01 until 09/02
The Forbidden Arts (Stingbot Games) - 40% - €7.90/£7.07 (was €13.18/£11.79) - From 28/01 until 11/02
The King's Bird (Graffiti Games) - 75% - €4.99/£4.49 (was €19.99/£17.99) - From 30/01 until 13/02
The Mims Beginning (Ultimate Games) - 10% - €7.19/£6.47 (was €7.99/£7.19) - From 28/01 until 07/02
The Office Quest (11Sheep) - 85% - €1.79/£1.64 (was €11.99/£10.99) - From 30/01 until 13/02
Thea: The Awakening (Monster Couch) - 50% - €8.99/£7.99 (was €17.99/£15.99) - From 30/01 until 13/02
Theatre Tales (Ultimate Games) - 27% - €1.01/£0.94 (was €1.39/£1.29) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Them Bombs! (YELLOW DOT) - 30% - €8.11/£8.39 (was €11.59/£11.99) - From 01/02 until 18/02
Ultra Off-Road 2019: Alaska (Ultimate Games) - 60% - €7.19/£6.47 (was €17.99/£16.19) - From 28/01 until 07/02
Unruly Heroes (Magic Design Studios) - 40% - €11.99/£10.79 (was €19.99/£17.99) - From 30/01 until 13/02
Warplanes: WW2 Dogfight (7Levels) - 50% - €4.99/£4.49 (was €9.99/£8.99) - From 02/02 until 03/03
Woodle Tree Adventures (ChubbyPixel) - 80% - €0.99/£0.89 (was €4.99/£4.49) - From 30/01 until 27/02
Xenon Racer (Soedesco) - 75% - €9.99/£8.74 (was €39.99/£34.99) - From 30/01 until 24/02
Yooka-Laylee (Team17) - 66% - €13.59/£11.89 (was €39.99/£34.99) - From 30/01 until 19/02
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (Team17) - 33% - €20.09/£16.74 (was €29.99/£24.99) - From 30/01 until 19/02

Asphalt 9: Legends Starting Racer Bundle (Gameloft) - 25% - €14.99/£14.99 (was €19.99/£19.99) - From 29/01 until Permanent
Burnstar (Gearbox Publishing) - 67% - €2.99/£2.69 (was €8.99/£7.99) - From 30/01 until Permanent
Hyper Sentinel (Huey Games) - 50% - €5.99/£5.99 (was €11.99/£9.99) - From 01/02 until Permanent
FUZE4 Nintendo Switch (FUZE Technologies) - 58% - €14.99/£12.99 (was €34.99/£29.99) - From 01/02 until Permanent
Paperbound Brawlers (Dissident Logic) - 33% - €9.99/£8.99 (was €14.99/£12.99) - From 27/01 until Permanent
Varion (Light Maze) - 62% - €4.99/£4.49 (was €12.99/£10.29) - From 30/01 until Permanent
WORLDEND SYNDROME (Pqube) - 20% - €39.99/£34.99 (was €49.99/£44.99) - From 27/01 until Permanent
Yuri (Fingerlab) - 44% - €6.99/£6.49 (was €12.49/£10.99) - From 31/01 until Permanent

- DLCs

Overcooked! 2 – Season Pass (Team17) - 20% - From 30/01 until 09/02
Overcooked! 2 – Carnival of Chaos (Team17) - 20% - From 30/01 until 09/02
Overcooked! 2 – Night of the Hangry Horde (Team17) - 20% - From 30/01 until 09/02
Overcooked! 2 – Campfire Cook Off (Team17) - 20% - From 30/01 until 09/02
Overcooked! 2 – Surf 'n' Turf (Team17) - 20% - From 30/01 until 09/02
Overcooked! 2 – Too Many Cooks Pack (Team17) - 20% - From 30/01 until 09/02

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be going live momentarily with Super Crush KO on my Twitch channel (QuixoticN). I'll be learning it sight unseen for a few hours and hopefully pushing S-ranks in later sessions if I enjoy it, and I'll drop a VOD link here afterwards for those who want to see more footage of the game, which has been pretty scant.

This thread is literally the only community of players I'm connected with online, I think, so if any of you who have already jumped on this game want to add me on the Switch for the sake of populating the leaderboards, feel free to drop me a PM (assuming that everything works as it does for Graceful Explosion Machine and other leaderboard-driven games on the system).

(I'm hoping to cover more eShop odds and ends in the future that don't get a lot of attention or exposure, though one doesn't expect to get much viewership from them when nobody goes out of their way to search for the relevant categories, so running this game today will also be a bit of a trial run to see if this kind of content is valuable to anybody.)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
What's this talk about Picross & a new game or sale?

Edit: I'm reminded that S3 came out last April with the one based on Overlord in July, so it feels like we should be getting S4 sometime soonish.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two questions.

Anyone here heard of Red Bow? It came out two weeks ago and looks interesting enough. Might jump since it's only 2 hours.

If I'm a big pansy and scared off by roguelike gameplay how badly will I hate Darkest Dungeon? I've been interested in playing it but I get the feeling it won't agree with me.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I am starting to feel this way too. DekuDeals makes it so easy to do too.

I mean, it's been a rule for the last... 10 years with videogames? Steam sales and the PS4 generation which also went hard on sales.

What's this talk about Picross & a new game or sale?

Edit: I'm reminded that S3 came out last April with the one based on Overlord in July, so it feels like we should be getting S4 sometime soonish.

it's the overlord one that is on sale in EU

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
it's the overlord one that is on sale in EU
Oh wow, a Jupiter Picross game going on sale is a first.

If you like Picross or played the other S games or the E series on 3DS, go ahead & grab this one. It's still by Jupiter, this time just themed on said Overlord anime. There's a story mode, but it's basically a summary of events that happened & the puzzles turn into screencaps from the show.

If anything, as random as the crossovers can be, I kinda like them in that they allow for more unique puzzles/pictures. I still wish we got those Nintendo themed ones that Japan got for Club Nintendo in one package.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
How's the switch port of Darkest Dungeon, heard that were issues at launch with controls and tiny text? Has any of that been addressed?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Skellboy reviews I just read are sorta disappointing :/
6-7 scores saying the game is ok not great with lots of slowdown in gameplay on Switch, and 5-10 hours long.
I'm looking forward to hearing impressions on ERA. This is sounding like Heroland which I was very excited for but quickly deflated when reviews dropped and I never picked it up.
Regardless, those graphics are great. I wish we got more games in this style (Loved Bug Fables on PC a few months ago which has a cool look too that slightly reminded me of this)

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Well, there's that Blasphemous sale I was waiting for...

...and I'll probably just keep waiting, I know it's a game I'll really enjoy, I just don't need one atm.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys I know this is dumb but I'm planning to finally get back to Zelda BOTW again, tonight. iirc I'm at the last Divine Beast. It's been almost a year, the more-or-less mandatory cooking and wasting so much time with it ended up annoying me -maybe too much- and killed it a bit for me.

QUESTION:
[EDIT: figured it out, yay!]
I'm not sure if the DLC (I had the expansion pass) is installed on my secondary Switch and I can't download it again right now, but how do I check to see if the DLC/bike/etc are fully installed (and not only purchased) 😆🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

I mean, it's just to get the chests/items/armor since I know for the main DLC quest I need to beat the remaining beast first

re: Deku Deals
It is SO versatile! physical or digital only, price point alerts, and you can send your wishlist to friends, family, or yourself!

I just wish it would also show which shop's region has the best price like other sites do.
It'd be dope especially if you had it for both eShop and physical since we (or at least I do) can easily purchase from amazon.it/de/fr/etc. and it's tiring to go check each one for the best deal... still, Deku Deals is fantastic! Just that I'd like to drop the others but I can't atm because of the above.

Last edited:

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Bells & Whistles lately. First time putting any kind of time into the series.

This is a fantastic game! I may not know a lot about the mechanics but just playing it feels good. Sad to see there aren't that many people who play it, judging by the leaderboards. Really fun, old school shmup that I highly recommend.

Also picked up Sisters Royale. Pretty fun, too! 5 characters to choose from. 6 if you buy the DLC character. Each character/difficulty has online leaderboards. Awesome if you're into score chasing. I don't know how I feel about the different gimmicks the levels have, though. For example, the ice stage has ice that can mess up your movement. Or the forest stage, that has wind. It might cause you to get hit.

Other than that, will put some time into this since I'm a huge fan of score chasing.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Been playing Bells & Whistles lately. First time putting any kind of time into the series.

This is a fantastic game! I may not know a lot about the mechanics but just playing it feels good. Sad to see there aren't that many people who play it, judging by the leaderboards. Really fun, old school shmup that I highly recommend.

Also picked up Sisters Royale. Pretty fun, too! 5 characters to choose from. 6 if you buy the DLC character. Each character/difficulty has online leaderboards. Awesome if you're into score chasing. I don't know how I feel about the different gimmicks the levels have, though. For example, the ice stage has ice that can mess up your movement. Or the forest stage, that has wind. It might cause you to get hit.

Other than that, will put some time into this since I'm a huge fan of score chasing.

Preach. Fantastic game, killer price!

But yeah, I wrote about the same thing last week, it is a bummer how few people there are on the High Score leaderboard, meaning the game isn't selling well, probably. Although as usual with Hamster's releases the most played modes are the Original JPN/ International modes and those two at least have a full 100 people leaderboard (I use them only to train since what's the point in competing when you can use continues and most games won't reset the score but add 1 point that will still count towards your highscore), dunno how many there actually are tho... I'll say that this game deserves better. I often hear people complaining that they love STGs but dislike the bullet-hell fork of the genre and lament that most shmups coming out nowadays are BH; well guys, this is your chance to support your cause and at worse you'll end up with a gem in your collection: this is a classic-gameplay vertical STG with an addicting items/weapons mechanic, with the great '90s Konami's pixel art aesthetic, jolly music and it hasn't been on a console since the PSX days and definitely not with online lbs.
For less than 7EUR.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have a 2813-0009 error code when they've tried to purchase a game from the eShop? It's been happening to me all day, so I'm guessing it's not a maintenance issue. The Nintendo support website says to restart the eShop or to check the maintenance status of the eShop (I've done both with no success). I tried to purchase the game I want through the online (internet) store instead, which didn't work either. I also tried resetting the Switch, deleting and re-registering my CC, etc. Nothing is working...