• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who own Northgard and know if the dev added shadows post launch?

I want to buy it but I know I'll hate the flat look it has without shadows.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone speak to the CURRENT quality of Swery65's games on Switch? That would be Deadly Premonition and The Missing: J.J. Macfield. I know they both launched in pretty buggy states and with serious framerate issues but I've heard they've both been patched.

I need to get back to JJ, as it's been maybe a year since I last left it. Really enjoyed what I played of it(few hours) and despite some sluggishness I was fine with it on Switch.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Killer Queen Black on sale is tempting. I love trying new multiplayer games that aren't the usual fair (i.e. shooters). But I really shouldn't as I told my wallet I wouldn't spend money on new games this month...

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I finished Sundered tonight, and although I was playing it on easy, the final boss was an absolute pain in the arse who took me nearly an hour to beat.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I bought Sundred yesterday. I don't know why... I hope the random elements are not too present.
They are not. The map is roughly 40% fixed rooms (if I remember correctly), and the rest is "blocks" of rooms that are fixed in style and types of enemies, but the actual layout of each block changes each run. The varying blocks are well designed, and the result is a partially procedural map that doesn't really feel procedural.

I finished Sundered tonight, and although I was playing it on easy, the final boss was an absolute pain in the arse who took me nearly an hour to beat.
Did you embrace or no?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Boy that Touryst demo was 10 minutes long. Fun while it lasted. Too many games to buy now though.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Don't sleep on Wuppo for 33% off at $10!

I previously made a LTTP thread about how it is truly wonderful and a worthy successor to the Paper Mario series in Metroidvania form. I can't recommend it enough. One of my favorite games of the past several years.

www.resetera.com

Wuppo, the true successor to Super Paper Mario and one of my favorite Metroidvanias in years. On sale for 99 cents on PSN! Also on PC/X1/NS

News article about Wuppo: Definitive Edition releasing September 5th on Switch and Steam: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/08/bizarre_indie_hit_wuppo_is_getting_a_definitive_edition_release_on_switch Switch trailer: It's also 20% off on Switch till 9/10. Wuppo: Definitive Edition -...

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the improvements in the new Sega Ages Fantasy Zone release, does anyone know? I'm assuming Leaderboards is one thing.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Puzzle Quest 50% off? Don't mind if I do... has the "low level skeletons with outrageously high HP" bug been patched?
How's performance/loading times for the late-game matches?

Although, I never actually got conformation if the game has been remade from scratch of it uses the old NDS/PSP code.
I'm asking because those had a variety of "glitches" that you could easily abuse to always roll with a first turn with very high damage and predicting the same gem drops for every encounter, making it easy as shit and frankly a bore. I hated that because I LOVED the first game. I must've put 200 hours on it.

Not knowing if such a glitch had been removed from this version prevented me from buying the game, but at 50%off I'm willing to risk it...

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Decided to trade in Luigi's mansion today. Was going to get tms#fee but neither Walmart or GameStop where I was at had it so I used the credit value to buy ass creed rogue collection instead as I needed a change of pace (the one with black flag)
Plus I plan to pick up tms#fee anyways, seems wise as with how small the print run seems to be it'd be better not to wait so when I run by the other big town in a week thanks to some stuff going on I'm going to see if I can grab it at Walmart where they have new games 10 bucks off(right now brickseek has them as having it, we'll see if that holds true). Normally I'd wait for a sale but I don't think that's happening this time

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Have we seen Ring Fit Adventure sales numbers lately? Has it crossed the 1M worldwide sales milestone yet?

Definitely past that mark.
It's at 600k in Japan alone. And that's by being extremely supply constrained for weeks and weeks selling every unit they could ship to retailers.
It's been #10 NPD in November and #20 NPD in December, revenue based.

It charted high all shopping season in EU and is currently out of stock in UK and has been since Christmas, with only Game UK selling it with a markup (an outrageous £100 instead of £65). Amazon's Warehouse sells used units for £70.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Ring Fit Adventure is fantastic. I've never been able to be interested in exercise for any length of time, so I always had to try to sneak it in other ways like walking farther to get places, but putting it into a proper long-form adventure with all the RPG trimmings completely changes the experience. My legs are hella sore right now from playing a couple days ago. :P

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Ring Fit Adventure probably didn't get any GOTY buzz because it's in a weird place between core games and more casual exergames. I'm not surprised nobody nominated it for GOTYs.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Definitely past that mark.
It's at 600k in Japan alone. And that's by being extremely supply constrained for weeks and weeks selling every unit they could ship to retailers.
It's been #10 NPD in November and #20 NPD in December, revenue based.

It charted high all shopping season in EU and is currently out of stock in UK and has been since Christmas, with only Game UK selling it with a markup (an outrageous £100 instead of £65). Amazon's Warehouse sells used units for £70.
Fantastic! I do hope it inspires some feature updates or dlc. A local co-op mode would be great, and I'd totally buy another ring con and strap for that so my wife and I can play together.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Puzzle Quest 50% off? Don't mind if I do... has the "low level skeletons with outrageously high HP" bug been patched?
How's performance/loading times for the late-game matches?

it's absolutely ridiculous NA has gotten three (at least) discounts on Puzzle Quest since it released and EU hasnt had any. Do they even have different publishers in both regions?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Do we know if some sort of a trophy/achievement system is in the works? Did Nintendo's previous systems have one? I really miss something like that.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
They are not. The map is roughly 40% fixed rooms (if I remember correctly), and the rest is "blocks" of rooms that are fixed in style and types of enemies, but the actual layout of each block changes each run. The varying blocks are well designed, and the result is a partially procedural map that doesn't really feel procedural.

Did you embrace or no?

Yeah I embraced cos I wanted to see what all the various upgrades were.

Dec 2, 2019
Do we know if some sort of a trophy/achievement system is in the works? Did Nintendo's previous systems have one? I really miss something like that.
Nintendo never had a trophies/achievements system in place, and it's very unlikely they implement it on the Switch entering the 4th year.

On one hand I miss it too. On the other hand it's probably for the better that there isn't any.

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017
It took almost 20hrs but DQXI finally clicked w/ me. My first DQ game and it makes me wanna play the old ones esp. VIII. I like that its easy, not a youngn anymore and aint got time

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo never had a trophies/achievements system in place, and it's very unlikely they implement it on the Switch entering the 4th year.

On one hand I miss it too. On the other hand it's probably for the better that there isn't any.
I think trophies have pros and cons. They definitely motivated me to get more mileage out of games I would have put down after finishing, but it's easy to get a little obsessed with them, too. The Switch made me stop caring about all that again.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed that if you want to buy only Strikers 1945 III outside of Japan, you must spend 39.99 on Psikyo Shooting Stars Alpha.
Same with Sengoku Cannon on Psikyo Shooting Stars Bravo next month.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Touryst is 6-10 hours to complete 100%.
It's also in my top 10 games of 2029. Worth every single penny!
I only wish it was longer, and that there was more music because what's there is great :)
Yeah it genuinely seems like a delight, will be bought eventually. 👍
On the other hand it's probably for the better that there isn't any.
I very much appreciate that there isn't a system wide achievements system on the Switch. It's a break from incentivized grinding for random things outside of the game's mechanics itself.
Don't get me wrong I like achievements but sometimes you just want to have a break and play a video game on it's own merits. Without constant carrots "thrown" in your face trying to make you play a certain way.
Switch to me is the platform where I escape achievements and modern machinations like GAAS. 😂

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Oh well, that's disappointing, there is a special satisfaction for going after trophies and achievements.

Dec 2, 2019
Yeah it genuinely seems like a delight, will be bought eventually. 👍

I very much appreciate that there isn't a system wide achievements system on the Switch. It's a break from incentivized grinding for random things outside of the game's mechanics itself.
Don't get me wrong I like achievements but sometimes you just want to have a break and play a video game on it's own merits. Without constant carrots "thrown" in your face trying to make you play a certain way.
Switch to me is the platform where I escape achievements and modern machinations like GAAS. 😂
Yeah, I agree, I'm on the same boat XD

When the Switch released I thought it was extremely stupid not to put a system wide trophies feature or the like, but judging from the Switch sales, the insane amount of games it gets weekly and digital indie games sales, they were right?

I thought they could come up with a system of their own with stars, mushrooms and stuff like this, but nope. Probably developers are the happiest of all not having to bother with annoying things like trophies lists, bugs, etc.

I still miss them in a way, though.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. I bought one this week and LOVE IT. I can't believe it hasn't gotten any GOTY discussion hype.
GotY awards are reserved for story driven games and/or open world adventures, with a small handful of exceptions along the way (journalists love Blizzard, for example). The industry at large isn't well represented by gaming outlets in general, but especially so during GotY season.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Was browsing the Coming Soon section of the eshop and saw GLASS MASQUERADE 2

YESSSSSSSSSS

Great! I have been waiting for this.

it's absolutely ridiculous NA has gotten three (at least) discounts on Puzzle Quest since it released and EU hasnt had any. Do they even have different publishers in both regions?

It is listed in European sales lists. So it is coming this week. Sale price just isn't active yet. -50%.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I think trophies have pros and cons. They definitely motivated me to get more mileage out of games I would have put down after finishing, but it's easy to get a little obsessed with them, too. The Switch made me stop caring about all that again.

Yeeeeep! I would have less of a backlog & finish up my games- seeing a % and what challenges remain are a cool feature.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Ok - now I'm interested - please tell me about the post game...because I really need another time sink game :).

basically the ending boss is just the half of the story. Narration wasn't particularly original so far, but after that, you go back in time at one dramatic event in the middle of the game, you sort things up and the story changes, with a new big enemy and more challengeous mobs

I suspect this idea was at the very base of the original story idea.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The Touryst demo was too short for me to get a good handle on the game. It looks really pretty, though, so I'll wait for a sale since I hear the playtime is fairly short for the price.