• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Oct 30, 2017
It's an amazing game. The runs are just the right length ( I found Slay to be overly long). The game is very snappy once you get into the rhythm of the dice unique characteristics. All of the dice play in extremely different ways, which make each run feel different. The music, art and script are also set a quirky tone but never get in the way. If you think you'll like it I would say there is a strong possibility you will.

Thank you for your impressions (eltercero too) I played and like Slay the Spire, so it seems Dicey Dungeons would be a great fit.

Dec 2, 2019
Thank you for your impressions (eltercero too) I played and like Slay the Spire, so it seems Dicey Dungeons would be a great fit.
It is. If you're interested, you'll not be disappointed.

It's not that it has too much in common with StS, both are card games but DD, as other people said, is more quick and less complex, meaning you have less choices to build your deck. But then the game adds variety in other, interesting ways.
It surely borrows immediacy from StS, which is a huge pro. UI is super clever to the point you simply don't need any tutorial to understand how to play. I loved it in StS and I love it here, too. Music is great, so good and catchy. I highly recommend this game.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Switch version of 3DS gem 80s Overdrive is 75% (2.49 aka lowest ever) in EU (not NA) until Feb 18!

double dipping for that price

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently having lots of fun with REKT, one of those 10 free games we got some time ago from Qubic. Which made me wonder, are any of the other games worth playing too?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so this is kind of a good news / bad news situation.
GOOD: Romance of the Three Kingdoms has been released
BAD: It's €69.99

Also, there's a version with a season pass for €99.99.

Yeah, screw that. I might have gone up to €59.99 at a push, but that's just pure greed. I might get Mario instead.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, screw that. I might have gone up to €59.99 at a push, but that's just pure greed. I might get Mario instead.

holy shit wtf. It's 57.99 in UK. Is that the highest price ever for a standard edition switch game?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit wtf. It's 57.99 in UK. Is that the highest price ever for a standard edition switch game?
Possibly. I never thought I'd be saying to myself "I know - I'll save some money and buy a Nintendo game instead"!

I'm actually really disappointed. I was looking forward to this, game, and I haven't bought anything for a while. But there's no way I'm paying that.

sebbbbe_WiiG

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin
Does anyone know what happened to Urban Street Fighting by Pix Arts? It was listed on the European eShop on 6th February and there was a dedicated page on the Nintendo website. It's gone since then, no listing, no page.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
there's quite a few recent indies on sale in EU, albeit with smallish discounts. But still, if you have been looking for stuff like Monster Sanctuary, Spiritfarer, Going Under, Pumkin Jack etc you should check it out.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
North America PR for this week:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury – Sink your claws into two action-packed Mario adventures! In the Super Mario 3D World part of the game, adventure through a whirlwind of colorful courses with friends, with online* and local** co-op multiplayer for up to four players. In Bowser's Fury, you'll freely frolic through Lake Lapcat, an explorable world with a variety of islands. This time Bowser's bigger, badder and madder than ever before. Grab a buddy to play as Bowser Jr., who can fly around fighting enemies and discovering secrets in local multiplayer mode. Plus, Bowser will have to contend with the debut of Giga Cat Mario, Mario's fur-midable new form! Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury will be available on Feb. 12.

Little Nightmares II – Return to a world of charming horror in Little Nightmares II, a suspense-adventure game in which you play as Mono, a young boy trapped in a world that has been distorted by the humming transmission of a distant tower. With Six, the girl in the yellow raincoat, as his guide, Mono sets out to discover the dark secrets of the Signal Tower. Their journey won't be easy; Mono and Six will face a host of new threats from the terrible residents of this world. Will you dare to face this collection of new, little nightmares?

UnderMine – Delve deep into the UnderMine and discover its secrets, one peasant at a time! UnderMine is an action-adventure roguelike that blends combat and dungeon crawling with RPG-like progression. Mine gold, die, upgrade yourself and try again! Discover hundreds of items, including relics, potions, blessings and curses that all combo and stack for a new experience every run. Challenge dangerous bosses and rescue helpful characters that provide new upgrades for your adventure. Decipher the cryptic messages of the UnderMine's residents and unfold the mystery at the heart of the dungeon.

Activities:
Pounce on This Kittenish Keepsake – A new My Nintendo reward is coming! Cat lovers and Mario fans alike will want to get their paws on the adorable Cat Mario keychain, which also features Cat Peach, Cat Toad and Cat Luigi on the strap. Redeem your My Nintendo Platinum points and meow your friends with this cat-tastic My Nintendo reward! Visit https://my.nintendo.com/ to learn more.

Brave Adventurers Discover Demo Points – Explore a new world as you fight for survival with your customized team of heroes in the BRAVELY DEFAULT II game, a strikingly beautiful RPG adventure. Adventurers who download the latest BRAVELY DEFAULT II game demo in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch by Feb. 26 will now earn 100 My Nintendo Platinum Points … by default!

A Golden Opportunity – For a limited time, you can earn up to 600 My Nintendo Gold Points – twice the normal amount – when you purchase select digital games through Nintendo eShop, Nintendo.com (where available) or participating retailers.*** Eligible games include Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, among others! Get started by visiting https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/#double-gold-points.

Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:

#1 Crosswords – Available Feb. 12
#DRIVE – Available Feb. 16
Aground
Arcade Archives Ninja Kazan
Asterix & Obelix XXL 3 – The Crystal Menhir
Azur Lane: Crosswave – Available Feb. 16
Binarystar Infinity
BRUTAL RAGE – Available Feb. 16
Escape First 2
Fallen Legion Revenants – Available Feb. 16
FINALSWORD DefinitiveEdition
Gal*Gun Returns – Available Feb. 12
Half Past Fate: Romantic Distancing – Available Feb. 14
Halloween Forever – Available Feb. 12
Healer's Quest
Joker Poker – Video Poker
Negative: The Way of Shinobi
ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS XIV: Diplomacy and Strategy Expansion Pack Bundle
Speedway Bundle Stock & Truck – Available Feb. 12
Steamroll – Available Feb. 12
Summer Catchers
The Flower Collectors
Tri6: Infinite
UltraGoodness 2 – Available Feb. 12

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
So I did not plan on buying Haven because the tone felt a bit too simpleton for my liking, but yesterday I ran 5km in a bit more than 17 minutes (against 18-ish minutes usually according to my Amazfit) while listening to the OST of Haven, so now I want to buy the game. I already liked Danger before, but he outdid himself with that one.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
as someone who considers BioShock 2 the best game in the series, followed by the first and then Infinite placed last, I suggest doing it the other way around :D
I know it's very backwards, but I got all the games for PC (not using it anymore) and I never got around getting the Infnite DLC. So I'm a bit more curious on that one 😄

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see maybe paying that much for Romance if it were physical but not digital. I'll wait for a sale and usually Koei's sales stink.

BentMyWookiee

Oct 27, 2017

It looks to be the same over here in the US: $69.99 for the game, $99.99 for the version with the season pass (Or season pass separately for $29.99). Ouch, this makes it a little harder for me to want to dive in right away. The game is only $59.99 on PS4 & PC, so it's a bummer they are hitting it with the Switch Tax.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
It looks to be the same over here in the US: $69.99 for the game, $99.99 for the version with the season pass (Or season pass separately for $29.99). Ouch, this makes it a little harder for me to want to dive in right away. The game is only $59.99 on PS4 & PC, so it's a bummer they are hitting it with the Switch Tax.
Lol, so the season pass is $29.99?

Then it's actually one cent cheaper to buy separately. Don't they know how bundles work?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
See my post above re: devs. The game looks really good though regardless. I'm wondering if Phil32 will be reviewing it. The steam reviews are very positive. Couldn't find much in the way of press reviews on a quick search.
Do we know much about the devs (Decemberborn)? First game? All I've seen is that video above, plus I think it was in a Nindie direct a while back.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Taiko Rhythmic Adventure is finally on sale for 30% off ($35), but my budget is out of whack & I'm already getting Mario 3D World tomorrow. Plus knowing how many times the other Taiko games have gone on sale, I imagine it'll hit 50% off soon enough.

Pixel Puzzle Makeout League is 25% off ($11.24) & I have $6.45 in gold coins after registering my copy of 3D World, so barely $5. Hmmm, could use some more Picross but considering I've got Mario & Persona this month, I may not have the time.

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up getting Undermine today and have been enjoying it. I played the game for a few hours on Xbox when it came to gamepass. So glad to finally have it on the Nintendo Switch. The one thing I noticed is the font is kinda small...and in handheld mode not only is it small, but also blurry. I just posted the gameplay footage down below and you can see it. It seems to be running really well so far.

I was going to get Romance of the three kingdoms, but the game is $69.99 or $99.99

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I feel slightly better about RotTK 14 given that the version with the expansion pack is the same price on PS4, I think because this is a kind of bundle of the base game and expansion. You can still buy the base game on PS4 for £50.

Switch graphics look rough in the screenshots though

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I ended up getting Undermine today and have been enjoying it. I played the game for a few hours on Xbox when it came to gamepass. So glad to finally have it on the Nintendo Switch. The one thing I noticed is the font is kinda small...and in handheld mode not only is it small, but also blurry. I just posted the gameplay footage down below and you can see it. It seems to be running really well so far.

I was going to get Romance of the three kingdoms, but the game is $69.99 or $99.99

Are there puzzles? Is it just some sort of procedurally generated dungeon (mine) crawl?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Cathedral

Do we know much about the devs (Decemberborn)? First game? All I've seen is that video above, plus I think it was in a Nindie direct a while back.
From reading their site, looks like this is their first game. Everything I'm seeing about the game seems really appealing to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Are there puzzles? Is it just some sort of procedurally generated dungeon (mine) crawl?

It is kind of like a dungeon crawler a bit. It reminds me a bit of Moonlighter..only you're in a mine and the deeper you go the more people you can find and rescue. Once you save them they'll build or sell you things that help you make it deeper in the mines. It is very much a rogue lite.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I can vouch for Cathedral's quality. It's not stellar but it accomplishes its goal of being a sprawling, NES style metroidvania better than most that make the attempt. The platforming is pretty floaty like a typical platformer, but the world has the expansiveness and the plethora of secrets that brings to mind...I dunno, Zelda II (if all the side scrolling areas were stitched together), Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, or maybe Faxanadu. Fans of Aggelos, the Alwa games, or metroidvania fans in general will surely enjoy it.

In other news, today turned out to be a pretty great day for indie games with the release of Undermine and the big Stardew Valley update. Pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.