• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Capcom had a sale on all RE games 2 weeks ago. And DD says all those games have been on sale like 3 times this year.

I was hoping there might be some discount if you own one or more of the 3 games. I think bayonetta did something like that? Anyway thanks for the response. I guess I'll wait for the next sale~

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping there might be some discount if you own one or more of the 3 games. I think bayonetta did something like that? Anyway thanks for the response. I guess I'll wait for the next sale~

Some publishers do it,for example if you own Banner Saga 1 and 2, the third one is permanently 60% off.

LOLCapcom isnt one of them, especially on the system where they release the DMC games individually to really suck your marrow dry.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Hmm? New update for Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair that I must have missed. Did it make any significant changes?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished Glass Masquerade 2. JEEEEEEZUS these puzzles are tougher than the last game. The final puzzle had 88 pieces and took me over 35 minutes.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
wait what? You gotta be joking, I seriously doubt that Nintendo would let a small customer complaint halt the sales of an entire franchise, especially with Brain Age on Wii U VC still being a thing. There's no reason they couldn't do it anyway.
I wouldn't necessarily call the FTC taking Lumos Labs to a $2MM USD settlement over false-advertising a small customer complaint.

Nintendo probably has no intention of risking putting itself into the position of being sued for similar amounts over a new product if it can avoid it.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, full cross play, including PS4?

Hmm, I might bite on that when on sale. Is it easy to find matches? How is the netcode? Every online fighting game on Switch so far (except Arms) was a disappointment to me due to weak online. FighterZ? Dead. MK11? Dead. Smash? Terrible netcode.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wait, full cross play, including PS4?

Hmm, I might bite on that when on sale. Is it easy to find matches? How is the netcode? Every online fighting game on Switch so far (except Arms) was a disappointment to me due to weak online. FighterZ? Dead. MK11? Dead. Smash? Terrible netcode.
Are you asking about power rangers battle for the grid? It has excellent netcode, and the community is decent. You could go over to the ot to ask the more technical guys tho. Also it's crossplay and progression

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
It's missing Baseball Stars NES which the XBONE version got. An incredible Baseball with RPG elements game from the system and a pioneer in that it allowed women in the game.

Damn, I had no idea that game was missing from the Switch SNK Collection.

That really hurts as I put a ton of time into Baseball Stars 1 when I was a kid. Fondly remember playing the Lovely Ladies over and over until I could build a custom-team with full prestige. The higher the prestige, the more butts in seats and the more $ you'd earn for playing them. After that I'd recruit rookies with a high stat-ceiling and spend a fortune making them all-stars. This was like 30 years ago and I still remember it fondly.

Can't believe Xbox got this NES game in their comp and Switch didn't, such a travesty.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Doom 1, 2 and 3 are 70% off in EU wow

damn, been waiting for a sale but I assumed it would be like 25%, 50% max the first time since they are cheap.

Any word on whether Two Point Hospital is good?

the game itself is amazing, but it's one of the few cases where I couldnt imagine not playing on PC personally, especially on a small screen (I dont do docked) and without a mouse.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Call of Juarez Gunslinger is also on sale in EU, only 25% off tho. And again, reminder that sweet Odallus / Oniken bundle is 75% off again.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
wait what? You gotta be joking, I seriously doubt that Nintendo would let a small customer complaint halt the sales of an entire franchise, especially with Brain Age on Wii U VC still being a thing. There's no reason they couldn't do it anyway.
I wouldn't necessarily call the FTC taking Lumos Labs to a $2MM USD settlement over false-advertising a small customer complaint.

Nintendo probably has no intention of risking putting itself into the position of being sued for similar amounts over a new product if it can avoid it.
If you look at the FTC complaint, they actually fined them $50 million but it was settled for $2 million. Not sure if that is a standard practice, but there is some risk. I will say that Nintendo will probably be fine releasing it without any actual medical claims. There are plenty of brain training/teaser games out there.

the Liminosity case was particularly egregious in that they were paying for their own studies with a self-selected pool of subjects that replied to the study request through luminosity itself rather than an outside firm. They also paid/rewarded people for making their claims of improved mental functioning without disclosing that info. So the fraudulent practice was pretty extreme.

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, Florida
Same in the US eShop, just bought all three for $6 total. Fantastic.

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
PictoQuest is $6 but Voxelgram comes out this week.

Pictoquest is VERY low on the picross spectrum imo. It was ok-ish and scratched the itch (I played it on a 4 hour train ride, which means its also very short compared to most picross games) but I wouldnt recomend it over most.

And yes, certainly not with faux-picross3d coming and murder by numbers the following week.

Last edited:

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Joined the conga line of "Bought the Doom Trilogy".

I'm in that point where I'm running out of space, but the games installed are either in the "Nice to play every now and then" or "Still haven't finished" category.
Maybe I should grab another 128gb sd card. Or do the big jump and go with the 256gb one.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

I'm in that point where I'm running out of space, but the games installed are either in the "Nice to play every now and then" or "Still haven't finished".
Maybe I should grab another 128gb sd card. Or do the big jump and go with the 256gb one.

you never have enough space, im on a 400 and I had to delete smash bros recently (which i STILL havent played) to get some space for several smaller games (smash is like 14gigs). and yes I delete everything that I finish.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018

I'm in that point where I'm running out of space, but the games installed are either in the "Nice to play every now and then" or "Still haven't finished" category.

I'd buy the best storage/price ratio card which is right now 400GB. That's said I already replace the 400GB with a 512 GB card and will upgrade once th 1TB cards are affordable. I want to keep especially multiplayer games installed and it adds up quickly.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
devs need to get their shit together with compression. and I don't mean "screw up audio quality and make textures n64 mud" compression.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Got all three Doom games, can't wait to try the franchise for the first time.

Also can't wait for Voxelgram, hopefully we see impressions soon, pls be good

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Finally seen the credits for Dead Cells for the first time.

....man, the journey is still very long and gonna be real frustrating, isn't it. What an addicting game though, so far.
Nice job! I've gotten through a few times on Normal but Hard mode feels like running into a brick wall. I've tried a good number of times but inevitably slink back into normal mode to enjoy feeling super powerful slicing and dicing baddies.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm going mad. I can't find how to delete save data. I've done it in the past, and when I Google it, I don't have the option everyone mentions.

Did they silently remove this option or am I actually losing it?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
It's still there, data management in settings -> delete save data at the bottom.
You don't have the option listed in this support article?
Weird. Every article I found said it was under Saved Data & Screenshots. Obviously all out of date. Didn't spot the option myself because for some reason, there's a gap before it in the list, meaning that you have to scroll down to see it, because it's totally off the bottom of the screen. If they didn't have that extra gap, you'd see the top of it.

All that, plus I'm an idiot, obv.