• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ended up grabbing Dragon's Dogma the other day... Enjoying it so far.

It's the first time, playing a Switch game, that I actually wished the game supported gyro aiming...

I find playing a ranger with the joycons super difficult. I imagine it will be easier once I play with the Pro Controller on the XB1 Controller but for playing in portable mode, it kinda sucks...

not if you had proper portable joycons :3

I love you Hori Split Pad Pro, you wonderful monstrosity

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Ended up grabbing Dragon's Dogma the other day... Enjoying it so far.

It's the first time, playing a Switch game, that I actually wished the game supported gyro aiming...

I find playing a ranger with the joycons super difficult. I imagine it will be easier once I play with the Pro Controller on the XB1 Controller but for playing in portable mode, it kinda sucks...
Agreed, playing ranger is so fun but not in portable mode. It's 100x better with the pro controller.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Also Hypercharged unboxed is on my watching list, may grab after a few of their planned updates

They revealed what the first update will have: Upcoming Patch Notes

28kzj3zpkpi41.png

The patch notes are HUGE!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
why the actual flying fuck is Rune Factory 4 out tomorrow in NA but only friday in Europe? Are in the 90s again?

its fucking 2020, wtf?

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Gorogoa and Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom on sale....

... and Assassin's Creed IV on sale from Amazon US.

I'm only 8 hours into FFXII.

Why do I do this?

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Just bought Celeste, thankfully I had a bunch of gold coins on my main account. How often does Mario & Rabbids get a discount? I really wanted to buy the DLC but I think the sale on it ends today, right?

Oct 29, 2017
why the actual flying fuck is Rune Factory 4 out tomorrow in NA but only friday in Europe? Are in the 90s again?

its fucking 2020, wtf?

Yep, it's one of the reasons I have a US account too. I bought some US credit a few days ago as it didn't seem worth waiting for Friday when i could just buy some US credit instead for a couple of extra steps.

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
The demo was a huge turn off for me. Combat was hilariously bad, and I believe that I'm getting tired of this old "save the trees from the evil threat" shtick.
I believe that it's the first time that a demo unsold me a game.

Combat isn't really the point in the game though.

When I played it, I initially tried to also play it sort of like you play most metroidvanias - combat being a huge part of them often. I didn't like it. The game seemed so bad when I played it like that.

But then once I realized that you don't really need to fight, I started to like it so much more. Treat it as a platformer. There the game really excels. Especially once you get one really interesting and useful skill in the game (which I think you don't get in the demo unfortunately).

And while the plot isn't super deep or anything, there's a lot more to it than "save the trees from the evil threat".

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
The demo was a huge turn off for me. Combat was hilariously bad, and I believe that I'm getting tired of this old "save the trees from the evil threat" shtick.
I believe that it's the first time that a demo unsold me a game.

After you get some new abbilities, you realize that the enemies are not there for combat purposes but for platforming ones. You end using their projectiles to jump all acorss the levels and can be pretty satisfying. Problem is, the main gimmick of the game and the main movement tool of your character, is not shown in the demo.

Combat is pretty bad but it's not even relevant for more than 1/4 of the game.

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Coming this week

• 24 - MathLand - Artax Games - $5.99/€5.99 - 179 MB
    --
  • 25 - Hayfever - Pixadome/Zordix - $14.99/€14.99 - 572 MB
  • 25 - Two Point Hospital - Two Point Studios/Sega - $39.99/€39.99 - 1.6 GB
  • 25 - Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection - Capcom - $29.99/€29.99 - 3.1 GB
  • 25 - Portal Dogs - Brain Connected - €4.99 - 77 MB
  • 25 - Rune Factory 4 Special - Marvelous - $39.99/€39.99 - 5.2 GB *02/28 on EU*
  • 25 - Samurai Shodown - SNK - $49.99/€49.99 - 10.1 GB
  • 25 - Broken Lines - Super.com - $24.99/€24.99 - 3.9 GB
  • 25 - The Unholy Society - Cat-astrophe Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.3 GB
  • 25 - Arcade Fuzz - QUByte Interactive - $1.99/€1.99 - 374 MB
    --
  • 26 - One Finger Death Punch 2 - Silver Dollar Games - $8.99 - 2.4 GB
  • 26 - Vasilis - Sometimes You - $4.99/€4.99 - 1.8 GB
  • 26 - Edgar: Bokbok in Boulzac - La Poule Noire - $18.99/€15.99 - 330 MB
    --
  • 27 - UnderHero - Digerati - $16.99/€16.99 - 1.9 GB
  • 27 - Hero must die. again - Degica - $39.99/€39.99 - 2.2 GB
  • 27 - Boulder Dash 30th Anniversary - BBG Ent. - $14.99/€14.99 - 460 MB
  • 27 - Voxelgram - Lukasz Krasniewski - $7.99/€6.59 - 64 MB
  • 27 - Kingdom Rush Frontiers - Ironhide Game Studio - $14.99/€12.99 - 389 MB
  • 27 - MouseCraft - Crunching Koalas - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.0 GB
  • 27 - Soul Axiom Rebooted - Wales Interactive - $12.99/€12.99 - 7.3 GB
  • 27 - Served! - Light Maze - $5.99/€5.99 - 473 MB
  • 27 - Heaven Dust - Indienova - $7.99/€6.59 - 632 MB
  • 27 - Wanderlust - Forever Ent. - $14.99/€14.99 - 1.4 Gb
  • 27 - Battlesloths - Invisible Collective - €9.09
  • 27 - Dual Brain Vol.3: Shapes - D-O - $14.99/€13.99 - 129 MB
    --
  • 28 - Bloodroots - Paper Cult - $19.99/€15.99 - 1.6 GB
  • 28 - Profane - AlternativeSoftware - $18.99/€15.99 - 776 MB
  • 28 - Metro 2033 Redux - 4A Games/Koch Media - $24.99/€24.99 - 6.2 GB
  • 28 - Metro Last Light - 4A Games/Koch Media - $24.99/€24.99 - 7.6 GB
  • 28 - Spartan Fist - Jandu Soft - $14.99/€12.49 - 943 MB
  • 28 - Skull Rogue - Drageus Games - $2.99/€2.99 - 35 MB
  • 28 - Ganbare! Super Strikers - Ratalaika Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 302 MB
  • 28 - Bucket Knight - Sometimes You - $4.99/€4.99 - 270 MB
  • 28 - Be-A Walker - Sonka - $9.99/€9.99 - 449 MB
  • 28 - Depixtion - DevHour Games - $7.99 - 106 MB
  • 28 - Stab! Stab! Stab! - Monster Couch - $9.99/€9.99 - 44 MB
  • 28 - Ski Sniper - Ultimate Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 510 MB

- Japan

• 27 - De:Yabatanien - Regista - ¥1,496
  • 27 - Senri no Kifu: Gendai Shougi Mystery - Kemco - ¥3,000
  • 27 - Eve: Rebirth Terror - Red Flag Ship - ¥6,380
  • 27 - LoveR Kiss - Kadokawa Games - ¥7,980
  • 27 - Tsukue de Basuke - Sat-Box - ¥850

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm continuing to be tempted by hypercharge unboxed as it's making me nostalgic for the old army men games

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
What if we don't get game boy NSO because.... we're getting super game boy games on Snes NSO instead

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

its fucking 2020, wtf?
Nintendo of Europe doesn't subscribe to Sonic 2sday.

If it's any consolation, in NA we're still waiting for Brain Training and Bubble Bobble 4 Friends to come out =/
If you're actually waiting on Brain Training, import. It's probably never coming out in the US because of a FTC lawsuit a few years ago that effectively banned "brain training" type games for that market.

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Jedi Academy comes out soon. I had a blast replaying Jedi Outcast last year and from what I remember Academy was even better!

Blackueen

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Any thoughts on We. The revolution and 3000th duel? Both on sale and the former has been on my radar for a while. 50% off is tempting.

Last edited:

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
My other problem with the game is also the controls. Combat is a joke, and the parkour sections are basically just pressing the stick forward with the right trigger and watching things happen. Does this change in black flag?

I've only played AC2, but I suspect that style of climbing really hard to go back to after playing BotW.

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've finally tried the demo of Yoku's Island and I'm in awe, such a fun game! It's a shame that it doesn't use even more the hd rumble but I'll still buy it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hm was trying to decide which out of these guys to bring with me on a week long cruise, mostly handheld and tabletop so I narrowed down my physical games to this(not my full collection, weeded out stuff I've fully completed or would be no fun on the go)
lrwgn99.jpg

To choose from and I'm leaning towards this lineup(switch travel case has 2 4 game cases plus a game in the switch)
cCNzQV4.jpg

well and plus my ridiculous digital collection, we all know I'll put in some nes/Snes time on my NSO controller. Maybe I'll work on chroma squad

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
If you're actually waiting on Brain Training, import. It's probably never coming out in the US because of a FTC lawsuit a few years ago that effectively banned "brain training" type games for that market.

Wow, really? I didn't know about that. Well that sucks...guess I'll look into importing then. Thanks for the heads up.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Gods & Monsters, Ubisoft Quebe 's new thing. Not any new AssCreed.

You won't see any new (Vikings) AssCreed on Switch.

Yeah I read that as "next AC game" missed the "team" part of the post lol.
Any thoughts on We. The revolution and 3000th duel? Both on sale and the former has been on my radar for a while. 50% off is tempting.

Thumbs down on WTR if only because it ends with a cliffhanger, didn't actually resolve the story AT ALL, so much that I thought it was an Ep.1 kinda release but nope, there's no further episodes/DLC in the cards. Just because of that is went from a 7 down to a 5 at the most, imho. What is there is pretty decent and even cool at times, if anything just for the super interesting/different subject matter, but other than that...
performance is also crap.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing Vitamin Connection which I enjoyed the first chapter of, but what on earth is this horrible grab claw mechanism you have to use in chapter 2? The one where you have to tilt your console when playing in handheld mode. It's absolutely awful to try pull off, feels like a clunky mess.

Edit: oh I didn't realise you can press down on the right stick to control it.

Last edited:

Blackueen

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Yeah I read that as "next AC game" missed the "team" part of the post lol.

Thumbs down on WTR if only because it ends with a cliffhanger, didn't actually resolve the story AT ALL, so much that I thought it was an Ep.1 kinda release but nope, there's no further episodes/DLC in the cards. Just because of that is went from a 7 down to a 5 at the most, imho. What is there is pretty decent and even cool at times, if anything just for the super interesting/different subject matter, but other than that...
performance is also crap.
Thanks for the warning, will save my money for better!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Spiritfarer had a demo on Steam for a hot minute (when they did that promo to upload a bunch of demos for a bunch of upcoming indies) and it was fantastic, easy day 1

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Congratulations. :)

I want a new fighting game on Switch. But wich one ? SamSho or Uniel ?

I already have Smash, Arms, Street FighternAnniversary, Blazblue X Tag, DBFZ, MK 11 and Pocket Rumble...
You are missing out on a GOAT: Power Rangers Battle For the Grid, one of the best fighting games on the system and has full cross play with all the other platforms

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah. Thanks, but I'm not really a Power Rangers guy :p
It's still a super solid game, it was even max food's fighting game of the year last year, and he's not a fan either, it's just that good mechanically. Plus one of the dlc characters Quantum Ranger was played by Vergil from dmc's voice actor back in the day so he's full of voice and moveset references

If you're willing to jump into original worlds you know nothing about why should another one that happens to be licensed and attached to a dozen different worlds be such a big deal? The story mode is a stand-alone original tale from the comic writers
Plus game keeps evolving at a ridiculous rate, they even added a wavedash button

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question. Can I play Switch version of Trivial Pursuit multiplayer with just one controller? I downloaded the demo but the versus mode is locked so i cant test.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Nintendo of Europe doesn't subscribe to Sonic 2sday.

wait what? You gotta be joking, I seriously doubt that Nintendo would let a small customer complaint halt the sales of an entire franchise, especially with Brain Age on Wii U VC still being a thing. There's no reason they couldn't do it anyway.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Is there no discount for buying the Resident Evil 4,5 and 6 digitally? Seems crazy that it adds up to 90 dollars while the physical version is 60.