• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nephizz

Jun 28, 2018
Hi Era !

I want a new fighting game this month, so what's the best pick ? Under Night or Samourai Shodown ?

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
Do you like sci-fi?
Do you like Blade Runner?
Do you like atmospheric games?
Do you like puzzle games?

If so, then I think you'd like 7th Sector

It's a side scrolling sci-fi action-ish puzzle game where you control an… energy spark? You move around through cables (or some devices you power up as the game progresses) solving puzzles while some kind of cryptic story is told in the background of the stages/rooms. It's a bit on the easy side, and it doesn't seem to be a long game (maybe around 3-4 hours from what I've seen) but one of the things that impresses me the most is how atmospheric it is being just a puzzle game.

I'm not too sensitive to that, but take in mind the game runs at 546p in handheld mode. The game looks great to me, except for the fact that the text in some puzzles is extremely small, but it doesn't detract me from enjoying the game.

Disclaimer: I'm a sucker for almost anything sci-fi :P

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
lol is there anything I should buy with realmoney at the start that is worth it or should I just play free?

Essentially everything you can buy with real money can be earned in-game and the core gameplay loop is the journey of getting and building these things, so I recommend spending the starter money on either Warframe or Weapon Slots so that you can get as many guns and frames as you want instead of being limited by free space. XP or Credit boosters are not a bad call either since they let you get things you want faster.

I have definitely spent real money on cosmetics and a frame or two here and there, but that was exclusively because I wanted to give the devs some money for the game instead of feeling like I needed to.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Touhou Spell Bubble off the Japanese eShop and it's as batshit insane as I hoped a competitive puzzle bobble/rhythm game would be. I hope it comes to North America at some point

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Glass Masquerade is indeed awesome... but it has some of the most egregious Switch Tax I've seen so far. Not only is the game twice the price it is on Steam, it doesnt seem to have the dlc (included or even available for purchase?). If i'm wrong please correct me.

And GM2 is even worse, 11.99€ on Switch vs 3.99€ on steam whut (I had to check if it was on sale on steam or something and no, thats just the price).

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The Ginso Tree escape sequence in Ori is amazing

I'll try to beat it tomorrow, but for me it's the perfect amount of challenge and exhilaration

Man this game is beautiful

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Touhou Spell Bubble off the Japanese eShop and it's as batshit insane as I hoped a competitive puzzle bobble/rhythm game would be. I hope it comes to North America at some point
That sounds fantastic. After seeing groove coaster coming to the west, I'm going to wait a little bit before taking the plunge.
This game sounds exactly up my alley.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone that have played it, give me your honest impression of Dead Cells please, and would you recommend to buy it or not.

Can't speak to the Switch version's performance but it's a fantastic game.

Highly replayable, with each successful "run" unlocking a higher difficulty with mechanical changes rather than just an X increase in damage taken. The game also gives you enough permanent progression to soften the blow on deaths. Combat with most enemies is short and snappy. Gaining enough momentum to blast through a level feels great. Beautiful and unique pseudo-pixel art on the characters due to the way they were made in 3D and then converted. Music is solid; doesn't seem to get grating. The universe is fascinating and the tidbits of lore given are definitely serviceable. More humor than I would've expected. (Mostly in Easter egg rooms)

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Glass Masquerade is indeed awesome... but it has some of the most egregious Switch Tax I've seen so far. Not only is the game twice the price it is on Steam, it doesnt seem to have the dlc (included or even available for purchase?). If i'm wrong please correct me.

Doesn't Glass Masquerade still have a 75% discount? At that price, it's lower than the base Steam price. And no, the DLCs aren't included. Didn't know they existed.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't Glass Masquerade still have a 75% discount? At that price, it's lower than the base Steam price. And no, the DLCs aren't included. Didn't know they existed.

yes its discounted and thats why I bought it, but when one talks about Switch Tax it refers to the base price, not sale price obviously.

edit: Bomb Chicken is 40% off in EU and its fantastic, just finished it yesterday.

Last edited:

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018

And GM2 is even worse, 11.99€ on Switch vs 3.99€ on steam whut (I had to check if it was on sale on steam or something and no, thats just the price).

I once emailed to publisher about the dlc. No responce. But I hope we will get it now that the second game is coming. Price is high but the game has been many times on sale for very cheap.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
woohoo, this month man....

I've been waiting for Samsho since it released on ps4 but decided to get that on Switch to play it portably. Besides that, I'm really looking forward to Darksiders Genesis since that looks like my kind of game. I'll also get Thronebreakers as a bonus since it's by bday, teehee.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh Double Trouble (Wargroove's DLC) is free? Don't mind if I do then.

Finished Glass Masq, it's real good but it's one of those rare cases where I would have rather played on PC, not just because of the dlc it has there (some free even), but because the puzzles are quite rpetty and would look better (and easier to play) on a bigger screen (switch is 100% portable for me). Again, game itself is real good tho, easy recomendation.

Dec 2, 2019
Death Squared is 1,49€ in EU

I've been on the fence for ages, guess I don't need any recommendations at that price haha.

It lasts until feb 23

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
NA:

• Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
    • Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales – Enter a world on the verge of chaos in a single-player RPG that combines narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics, crafted by the developers responsible for some of the most iconic moments in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Experience a truly regal tale of Meve, a war veteran and queen of two Northern Realms – Lyria and Rivia. Facing an imminent Nilfgaardian invasion, Meve is forced to once again enter the warpath and set out on a dark journey of destruction and revenge.
    • Knights and Bikes – Saddle up for a bike-riding, friendship-building, frisbee-throwing, goose-petting, treasure-hunting adventure for one or two players. You'll play as Nessa and Demelza as they explore an ancient island with their pet goose, Captain Honkers, riding and upgrading their bikes on a quest for answers.
Nintendo eShop sales:
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS:

DKoops

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
European downloads for February 6

Nintendo eShop (Switch)

Please The Gods (Ultimate Games) - €9.99/£8.99
Your family is starving and only a miracle can save you. Set on a journey to the land of the Gods to find the legendary Sampo, a treasure of endless riches and nourishment. Please the Gods is an atmospheric old school fantasy roleplaying game, inspired by shamanistic Finnish mythology and tabletop classics such as Hero Quest.

Hair Mower 3D (Rising Win Tech) - €5.50/£4.99
Discover what's under the weeds. There are many adorable objects waiting to be discovered. Be careful of enemies. The enemy is annoying? Try a bottle of milk to knock the enemy away. Enjoy the joy of mowing easily.

Monster Energy Supercross - The Official Videogame 3 (Milestone) - €59.99/£53.99
The only Official Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship videogame is back!

Relive the 2019 Supercross season with 100 riders of both 450SX and 250SX categories, 15 official stadiums and tracks and for the first time in the series you'll be able to join the official teams in the career mode.

Wide Ocean Big Jacket (Tender Claws) - €6.99/£6.29
Take part in a classic camping trip: Roast hot dogs on the fire, go birdwatching, tell ghost stories, grab a beverage from the cooler and do cartwheels on the beach.

WOBJ is a short story game including 20 chapters, 4 playable characters, 10,000 words of dialog and 8 explorable areas, all rendered in a beautiful 2D/3D art style.

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics (En Masse Entertainment) - €17.99/£16.99
In The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics, you will lead a fledgling resistance of Gelfling against their oppressive overlords, the Skeksis, across more than 50 unique turn-based tactics RPG battles. Along the way, you will recruit and customize new allies by assigning them jobs, modifying their abilities, and outfitting them with equipment to ensure victory. With 14 playable characters, including familiar faces from the classic film and the new Netflix Original series, you build your own teams and devise winning strategies to overthrow the rule of the Skeksis and restore light to the Gelfling homeworld of Thra!

7th Sector (Sometimes You) - €19.99/£17.99
Immerse yourself on this intricate path, solving different puzzles, facing its dangers, and collecting scattered information to discover the story of this world.

Gain control over several different characters, each with their own abilities that can help you navigate the world's devices and machinery. Some of your choices and actions will determine the ending of the game.

Wargroove: Double Trouble Bundle (Chucklefish) - €16.99/£15.99
Includes:
- game
- Double Trouble DLC

Battleground (Sabec) - €8.99/£8.09
Battleground brings classic grid board game play to the Nintendo Switch by using state of the art 3D UI game graphics while maintaining the original look and feel.

Your mission is to destroy your enemies tanks and artillery before it destroys yours.

Deploy your tanks and artillery and then fire at your enemy using your grid screen to find and destroy their tanks and artillery before your tanks and artillery are taken out.

Nerved (Playstige Interactive) - €8.99/£7.99
Nerved is first person horror game, about a paranormal investigator couple and their latest adventure in the "Bitterwood Forest."

This last case that they have chosen to persuade, will deliver a charnel impact on the couple's fate, both personally and professionally.

The Man With The Ivory Cane (Ocean Media) - €9.99/£8.99
Paris, city of lights turned dark on you. You're a young artist enjoying your life until one evening your girlfriend Sasha goes missing!

You're the prime suspect. Only way to figure out what's going on is to take things into your own hands and investigate the whole case.

Is she being murdered or kidnapped? Who's the criminal mind behind everything? Use your detective skills and solve the mystery!

SEN: Seven Eight Nine (Indie Champions) - €9.99/£8.99
SEN is a minimalistic zen puzzle game about recognising patterns of numbers, colours and shapes.

The rules of the game are taught with absolutely zero instruction - the progression and design of the levels has been carefully balanced to introduce each rule, thereby giving players the sensation of discovering the rules for themselves.

夕鬼 零 Yuoni: Rises (Tricore) - €10.99/£9.99
"Yuoni: Rises" is a visual novel game where players sit at a desk and relive the characters' experiences while progressing through the story. The story is set in mid-90s Japan when the Internet was still not widely used and cell phones were owned by a select few adults. It follows the experiences of two elementary school children troubled by family matters.

Flip through the pages by pressing the buttons and experience for yourself the children's fear and anguish in this realistic world. Find out who the sketchbook belongs to, and whose eyes you are looking through. Solve the mystery in the classroom where you are trapped in the Evening.

Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ (Aksys Games) - €39.99/£35.99
Venture into a reimagined steampunk version of 19th century London. Follow the adventures of the poison-skinned maiden Cardia, the men trying to help her, and the mysterious organization intent on capturing her.

Experience a visual novel adventure brimming with literary and historical characters including Victor Frankenstein and Abraham van Helsing. Will Cardia find love, or destroy those she cares for? Her story is in your hands.

Rolling Sky 2 (Rising Win Tech) - €11.69/£10.49
With just a click, the player can move the character, dodge obstacles to the music rhythm, and trigger the mechanism to jump. With the simple operation, novices can get started quickly; for advanced players, there are also hard modes to challenge their own reaction limits."

KUNAI (The Arcade Crew) - €16.99/£15.29
A traumatic event has shaken the balance of the world. Human life has been almost wiped out by the evil A.I. Lemonkus. Robots roam free across the earth. You take control of Tabby, a killer robot infused with the soul of an ancient warrior.

Just a Phrase by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €7.99/£6.99
A hangman-style word game with a twist. One word in every phrase has been replaced by a homophone to make it tougher to deduce. Like NUCLEAR WAIST or STRIKE THE RIGHT CORD. The new phrases sound familiar when read aloud, but have humorous or surreal new meanings.

Arc of Alchemist (Idea Factory) - €39.99/£35.99
Newly Polished - In the Western release, players can now choose from 7 playable characters each specializing in unique weapons, attacks, and abilities!

Four Orbs to Rule Them All - Wielding the Lunagear allows players to combine two of the four elemental orbs (fire, water, wind, earth) to solve puzzles, manipulate environments, and blast any foe.

Based Blessings - Construct your base and conquer! Customize Troop Formations, purchase gear, and build facilities to strengthen attacks and learn new abilities.

Amass Items & Exchange - There are treasures to be found everywhere. Seek out items to equip and strengthen your party. Exchange materials for even more powerful weapons!

Shiny Ski Resort (Kairosoft) - €13.00/£11.69
Your story starts with a small hotel on a snowy mountain. Develop land to build a spectacular ski course, and obtain materials for use in constructing new hotel facilities. Make your hotel popular, and your ski course will benefit as well! Plus you'll become able to make products to sell in hotel shops and restaurants.

Expand your ski course and watch your guests polish their skills until they become ski pros, then have them represent your resort in ski contests, sporting sponsored items. Help your racer pull awesome tricks off ski jumps to win the race, and your sponsors will reward you handsomely, and value you even more.

Knights and Bikes (Double Fine) - €21.99/£19.79
You'll play as Nessa & Demelza as they explore an ancient island with their pet goose Captain Honkers, riding and upgrading their bikes on a quest for answers.

As the story unfolds they'll face hazards, puzzles, and the gathering forces of an ancient curse with their growing collection of frisbees, water-balloons, toilet-plungers, and a boom-box loud enough to wake the undead.

Together our heroines will laugh, learn, and cry - but will the power of their friendship be enough to actually save the island AND each other?

Arcade Archives Saint Dragon (HAMSTER) - €6.99/£6.29
'SAINT DRAGON' is a shooting game released by JALECO in 1989. Set in outer space with detailed graphics, giant space dragon SAINT DRAGON fights fiercely against enemy mechs. This game features simple 1 button controls for firing normal bullets and special bullets, and the ability to strategize using SAINT DRAGON's long invincible body.

Bridge Builder Adventure (BoomBit Games, available February 7) - €14.99/£13.49
Discover the joys and challenges of bridge building anew with this new & fresh look at the immensely popular puzzle game formula! Discover breathtaking places, design amazing constructions and immerse yourself in the memorable world of Bridge Builder Adventure!

EQQO (Nakana.io, available February 7) - €6.00/£5.40
The heartening tale of a mother, a blind child and an Egg - voiced and captioned in many languages. A multi-layered story full of symbols and metaphors about hope, love, nature and everything that connects us.

Four to five hours of exploration and puzzle solving in sacred lands and monumental temple rooms. 25 hidden parchment scrolls to find and reveal new parts of the legend.

The Turing Test (Square Enix Europe, available February 7) - €19.99/£15.99
The Turing Test is a challenging first-person puzzle game set on Jupiter's moon, Europa. You are Ava Turing, an engineer for the International Space Agency (ISA) sent to discover the cause behind the disappearance of the ground crew stationed there. Guided only by the station's AI, Tom, find your way through the facility and discover what it truly means to be human.

LocO-SportS (JORGE BIEDMA AZUAR, available February 7) - €5.99/£5.39
LocO-SportS is a fun sports game held at an Olympic stadium.

Compete with your friends and family to be the best while you laugh at the craziest and most surreal tests. Reach impossible records such as a 25-metre high pole vault. Compete with the most diverse athletes in the world - a jovial 90-year-old grandmother, a hippie, a clown, an emo, a biker, a thief, a policeman, a punk, a diver, a boxer, a superhero...the list goes on.

LocO-SportS offers up to a 4 player multiplayer, global online ranking including a top-three world podium, tests for reflexes, pulse rates and balance, a quick time event and so much more - don't miss out!

Rune Lord (Victory Road, available February 7) - €6.99/£6.29
A portal has opened and dark magic is pouring through! Only you can close the gateway and defeat the evil Ice Golem!

By creating matches of three or more runes, you'll collect the magic that will allow you to cast spells and complete tasks. But you'll need to hurry: time is short!

As you remove obstacles from the game board and complete the fast-moving levels, you'll earn coins that allow you to purchase and then upgrade boosters and spells. A booster might give you more time to complete a level or grant you special abilities; a spell might collect a fistful of runes or unleash a destructive wave across the game board, saving you precious seconds. With each bump in power, the spells become more and more dazzling until the screen explodes in a stunning display of animated effects.

Zero Zero Zero Zero (Ratalaika Games, available February 7) - €4.99/£4.99
Zero Zero Zero Zero is a unique 1-bit low-fi platformer that sets to challenge players in a plethora of levels that will require skill and careful maneuvering. Dodge, shoot, and jump your way through randomly selected levels as you progress or die.

Featuring a smooth, spectacular soundtrack to groove to while jumping your way through hazards and enemies. Do you have what it takes to complete all 100 levels?

ELEA: Paradigm Shift (Kyodai, available February 7) - €7.99/£6.99
ELEA: Paradigm Shift is a game that takes the player on the deeply personal journey of a woman, whose life is marked by loss, grief, and self-accusation in the aftermath of a global pandemic.

Luckily, an Earth-like exoplanet within an achievable distance from the Solar system had been discovered. Pooling volunteers from around the globe, a first-of-a-kind interstellar spaceship was built and sent to colonize the yet unexplored planet. The gargantuan vessel was named Pilgrimage, embodying the hopes of all of humanity. To everyone's dismay, shortly after a successful arrival, the Pilgrimage went on total radio silence. What caused it remains a mystery.

13 years later, research starship Recovery has arrived on-site to investigate the fate of the expedition. The player takes the role of the space scientist River Elea Catherine Jones. She is driven above all by a personal goal – to find her husband Ethan, who occupied a prominent position on the Pilgrimage's scientific crew.

Kitty Powers' Matchmaker (Magic Notion, available February 7) - €13.29/£11.99 (€10.63/£9.59 until February 16)
Match an endless parade of desperate clients with candidates from Kitty's little black book and guide them through awkward conversations and dozens of perilous dating dilemmas.

As your reputation grows you'll unlock new date venues, more demanding clientele and upgrades for your agency. Send your hopefuls out with the right look and perfect gift to maximise their chance of finding love.

Are you ready to bring romance to the world? Or will you leave a sea of broken hearts in your wake?

Marooners (M2H, available February 7) - €12.99/£11.69
Play a wild mix of fun party games as the action regularly switches back and forth between games. Can you handle the switcheroo chaos? Join your friends both on the couch and online while sadistically laughing at their misfortune, or come back to haunt them if you die. Run, jump and slap your way to victory!

Crash Drive 2 (M2H, available February 7) - €7.99/£7.19
Whether you're driving a bus, a classic muscle car, or a monster truck—you go your own way in this multiplayer stunting game. Speed across a huge map equipped with plenty of bizarre terrain to make the race intense. Collect coins, upgrade your ride, and WIN the offroad race!

The Town of Light: Deluxe Edition (Wired Productions, available February 7) - €9.99/£7.99
Play through the eyes of Renée, a 16-year-old girl who suffers from the symptoms of mental illness. She is searching for answers to the many questions from her past, whilst exploring the place where she spent most of her youth. Guide Renée through a dark and emotional journey where the lines between entertainment, storytelling and reality blur.

This Deluxe Edition includes exclusive documentary content exploring the history of the Psychiatric Hospital of Volterra and the making of The Town of Light.

Downloadable content

Mortal Kombat 11: DC Elseworlds Skin Pack (WB Games) - €5.99/£4.99
Mortal Kombat 11: The Joker (WB Games) - €5.99/£4.99

Wargroove - Wargroove: Double Trouble (Chucklefish Games)

Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party!!!!: VOCALOID Pack 3 (Taito) - €14.99/£12.99

WorldNeverland - Elnea Kingdom: Tiara Set (althi) - €2.99/£2.69

Portal Knights - Weddings and Galas (505 Games)

EQQO: #EqqoDonation (Nakana.io, available February 7) - €1.00/£0.90

Demos

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete Edition (Bandai Namco Entertainment)
Packed to the rim with content, the SWORD ART ONLINE: FATAL BULLET Complete Edition includes the main game, three DLC packs, the expansion Dissonance of the Nexus, and bonus in-game items. Now on the Nintendo Switch!

Your choices are heavier and faster than a bullet.

Create your own character and log in to Gun Gale Online, a world of guns and steel, where a chance encounter partners you with a rare support AI called ArFA-sys as you both are caught up in a tempestuous story of fate.

Experience the thrilling battles of a third-person shooter (TPS) together with the story and progression of an RPG in this first-ever TPSRPG from Sword Art Online!

Customize your avatar and master a wide array of weapons and skills!

Choose from over 30 playable characters in online PvP, ranging from Alice and Eugeo from Alicization, season 3 of the SAO anime, to Eiji and Yuna from Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale!

Last edited:

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone played Hypercharge: Unboxed? A buddy is coming over tomorrow night to play some vids and I'm wondering if it's worth buying for some fun co-op action. It looks pretty cool.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Has anyone played Hypercharge: Unboxed? A buddy is coming over tomorrow night to play some vids and I'm wondering if it's worth buying for some fun co-op action. It looks pretty cool.
I have it but I haven't done local co-op (maybe this weekend). I played online with randoms in the co-op. You really need to level up before you can make your action figure look different. You get one weapon that can get attachments including a second weapon which is just the bottom barrel (kind of silly/cool that you could have a sniper and grenade launcher on one gun).

It is much more of a platformer than it can let on in some videos. A lot of jumping if you want to collect all the icons & collectibles. The tower defense part is very light. Between each wave you can only place defenses around the 3 targets you protect and a few predetermined places.

The waves don't indicate where the enemies are heading to but it typically goes: all enemies to red, enemies to red & blue, enemies to red, blue, & green. So you can put your resources and attention to one or two power nodes before the final-ish waves.

Also, their upcoming roadmap.

EOlsz_BUEAAQlNJ.jpg

They said they will be changing the Sprint button to toggle but for right now it is hold.

I've enjoyed what little I've played of it outside the Air Hockey map but I did get the slightly cheaper pre-order price. If you have your expectations in check, I think might be enjoyable killing beyblades, goblins, army soldiers, etc...those stupid beyblades are annoying!

Bend

Oct 27, 2017
Death Squared is 1,49€ in EU

I've been on the fence for ages, guess I don't need any recommendations at that price haha.

It lasts until feb 23

It's really fun! It's one of the first coop games my girlfriend and I played on switch, we loved the trial and error style of gameplay and not having a big learning curve. Really easy to pick up and play

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
With it going on sale and the DLC dropping I guess it's finally time to give Dead Cells a shot.

It's really good and Fonst has extolled its virtues well, go for it.

Last edited:

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
No hype for Underhero?
I'm getting it next week for sure, I feel its gonna be a very mixed reception tho.

I know it has good ratings on steam, but idk just this random feeling I have about it.

Very much looking forward to it, however.

Also another game I'm looking to, Murder by Numbers will launch on March 5th with a 10% discount!

OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
European Switch sales (Incomplete)

AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES (Spike Chunsoft US) - 40% - €35.99/£32.39 (was €59.99/£53.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02
Assassin's Creed The Rebel Collection (Ubisoft) - 20% - €39.99/£31.99 (was €49.99/£39.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Child of Light Ultimate Edition (Ubisoft) - 70% - €5.99/£4.80 (was €19.99/£16.00) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (Activision) - 49% - €20.39/£17.84 (was €39.99/£34.99) - From 07/02 until 21/02
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (Activision) - 39% - €24.39/£21.34 (was €39.99/£34.99) - From 07/02 until 21/02
Dead Cells (Motion Twin) - 30% - €17.49/£15.74 (was €24.99/£22.49) - From 05/02 until 18/02
For The King (Curve Digital) - 55% - €11.24/£8.99 (was €24.99/£19.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02
Guacamelee! 2 (DrinkBox Studios) - 50% - €9.99/£8.99 (was €19.99/£17.99) - From 03/02 until 09/02
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (DrinkBox Studios) - 50% - €6.99/£5.99 (was €13.99/£11.99) - From 03/02 until 09/02
Human: Fall Flat (Curve Digital) - 50% - €7.49/£7.49 (was €14.99/£14.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02
Just Dance 2020 (Ubisoft) - 30% - €41.99/£34.99 (was €59.99/£49.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – Gold Edition (Ubisoft) - 59% - €30.74/£25.41 (was €74.99/£61.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
OTTTD: Over The Top Tower Defence (SMG Studio) - 83% - €1.18/£1.01 (was €6.99/£5.99) - From 06/02 until 23/02
RAYMAN LEGENDS: DEFINITIVE EDITION (Ubisoft) - 75% - €9.99/£7.49 (was €39.99/£29.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Rogue Aces (Curve Digital) - 75% - €3.24/£2.49 (was €12.99/£9.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02
Severed (Drinkbox Studios) - 50% - €7.49/£6.74 (was €14.99/£13.49) - From 03/02 until 09/02
Snake Pass (Curve Digital) - 70% - €5.99/£4.79 (was €19.99/£15.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02
South Park : The Stick of Truth (Ubisoft) - 63% - €14.79/£11.09 (was €39.99/£29.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
South Park: The Fractured but Whole (Ubisoft) - 75% - €14.99/£12.49 (was €59.99/£49.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Activision) - 49% - €20.39/£17.84 (was €39.99/£34.99) - From 07/02 until 21/02
Super One More Jump (SMG Studio) - 80% - €1.11/£0.99 (was €5.59/£4.99) - From 06/02 until 23/02
The Count Lucanor (Merge Games) - 80% - €2.99/£2.39 (was €14.99/£11.99) - From 04/02 until 16/02
Valiant Hearts: The Great War (Ubisoft) - 70% - €5.99/£4.80 (was €19.99/£16.00) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Velocity 2X (Curve Digital) - 75% - €4.99/£3.74 (was €19.99/£14.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02

More sales here (Steins;Gate games, YU-NO, Vaporum, Pixeljunk Monsters 2, Bomber Crew, Bomb Chicken and more)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I have it but I haven't done local co-op (maybe this weekend). I played online with randoms in the co-op. You really need to level up before you can make your action figure look different. You get one weapon that can get attachments including a second weapon which is just the bottom barrel (kind of silly/cool that you could have a sniper and grenade launcher on one gun).

It is much more of a platformer than it can let on in some videos. A lot of jumping if you want to collect all the icons & collectibles. The tower defense part is very light. Between each wave you can only place defenses around the 3 targets you protect and a few predetermined places.

The waves don't indicate where the enemies are heading to but it typically goes: all enemies to red, enemies to red & blue, enemies to red, blue, & green. So you can put your resources and attention to one or two power nodes before the final-ish waves.

Also, their upcoming roadmap.

EOlsz_BUEAAQlNJ.jpg

They said they will be changing the Sprint button to toggle but for right now it is hold.

I've enjoyed what little I've played of it outside the Air Hockey map but I did get the slightly cheaper pre-order price. If you have your expectations in check, I think might be enjoyable killing beyblades, goblins, army soldiers, etc...those stupid beyblades are annoying!
I believe they are adding in a side mode soon where you get to play AS those stupid beyblades

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Everyone that have played it, give me your honest impression of Dead Cells please, and would you recommend to buy it or not.

mhmm it was AMAZING in the beginning. Fast paced, upgrades are fun, pretty.
But at sone point I got bored. The game rewards you for going as fast as you can and I like to take my time in games. The game IS fun, but after the newness wore out I just wasn't interested in playing more.
It's weird because the game is solid. No big weakness. I just got ....bored
Buy on sale!

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
European Switch sales (Incomplete)

AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES (Spike Chunsoft US) - 40% - €35.99/£32.39 (was €59.99/£53.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02
Assassin's Creed The Rebel Collection (Ubisoft) - 20% - €39.99/£31.99 (was €49.99/£39.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Child of Light Ultimate Edition (Ubisoft) - 70% - €5.99/£4.80 (was €19.99/£16.00) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (Activision) - 49% - €20.39/£17.84 (was €39.99/£34.99) - From 07/02 until 21/02
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (Activision) - 39% - €24.39/£21.34 (was €39.99/£34.99) - From 07/02 until 21/02
Dead Cells (Motion Twin) - 30% - €17.49/£15.74 (was €24.99/£22.49) - From 05/02 until 18/02
For The King (Curve Digital) - 55% - €11.24/£8.99 (was €24.99/£19.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02
Guacamelee! 2 (DrinkBox Studios) - 50% - €9.99/£8.99 (was €19.99/£17.99) - From 03/02 until 09/02
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (DrinkBox Studios) - 50% - €6.99/£5.99 (was €13.99/£11.99) - From 03/02 until 09/02
Human: Fall Flat (Curve Digital) - 50% - €7.49/£7.49 (was €14.99/£14.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02
Just Dance 2020 (Ubisoft) - 30% - €41.99/£34.99 (was €59.99/£49.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – Gold Edition (Ubisoft) - 59% - €30.74/£25.41 (was €74.99/£61.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
OTTTD: Over The Top Tower Defence (SMG Studio) - 83% - €1.18/£1.01 (was €6.99/£5.99) - From 06/02 until 23/02
RAYMAN LEGENDS: DEFINITIVE EDITION (Ubisoft) - 75% - €9.99/£7.49 (was €39.99/£29.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Rogue Aces (Curve Digital) - 75% - €3.24/£2.49 (was €12.99/£9.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02
Severed (Drinkbox Studios) - 50% - €7.49/£6.74 (was €14.99/£13.49) - From 03/02 until 09/02
Snake Pass (Curve Digital) - 70% - €5.99/£4.79 (was €19.99/£15.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02
South Park : The Stick of Truth (Ubisoft) - 63% - €14.79/£11.09 (was €39.99/£29.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
South Park: The Fractured but Whole (Ubisoft) - 75% - €14.99/£12.49 (was €59.99/£49.99) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Activision) - 49% - €20.39/£17.84 (was €39.99/£34.99) - From 07/02 until 21/02
Super One More Jump (SMG Studio) - 80% - €1.11/£0.99 (was €5.59/£4.99) - From 06/02 until 23/02
The Count Lucanor (Merge Games) - 80% - €2.99/£2.39 (was €14.99/£11.99) - From 04/02 until 16/02
Valiant Hearts: The Great War (Ubisoft) - 70% - €5.99/£4.80 (was €19.99/£16.00) - From 04/02 until 24/02
Velocity 2X (Curve Digital) - 75% - €4.99/£3.74 (was €19.99/£14.99) - From 03/02 until 10/02

More sales here (Steins;Gate games, YU-NO, Vaporum, Pixeljunk Monsters 2, Bomber Crew, Bomb Chicken and more)
Definitely getting Spyro... shame it doesn't aactually go on sale until tomorrow...

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Your account is from UK?

Edit: Ok, I can buy it with that link with a Spanish account. I don't know what's happening then.
UK and Irish accounts, and its the only one of the games this is happening on. Bizarre.
Same when looking a the game on the eShop, shows on sale in the listings but when viewing it directly it's unavailable.

Shrugs. Saves me money.

Edit: Did some due diligence internet sleuthing. Apparently IFCO banned it (Ireland's ratings board), even though PEGI rated it here IFCO has final say. So that explains why it's not for sale on the Ireland eShop anymore. UK & Ireland has the same eShop backend so that may explain why it's not available in UK store either for me as I am coming from Ireland.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Definitely interested in hypercharged unboxed but I'm making myself not buy anything till the next direct drops

Oct 29, 2017
UK and Irish accounts, and its the only one of the games this is happening on. Bizarre.
Same when looking a the game on the eShop, shows on sale in the listings but when viewing it directly it's unavailable.

Shrugs. Saves me money.

Edit: Did some due diligence internet sleuthing. Apparently IFCO banned it (Ireland's ratings board), even though PEGI rated it here IFCO has final say. So that explains why it's not for sale on the Ireland eShop anymore. UK & Ireland has the same eShop backend so that may explain why it's not available in UK store either for me as I am coming from Ireland.

Change your region to Norway? It's cheaper there than the UK anyway.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I just saw Wargroove and I'm really interested in it. How did you guys find it? I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan and I played from GBA to Switch, will I like it? Also, how's the resolution and framerate?

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really just want Fantasy Life 2, but I think I might get the Snack World because it looks pretty fun.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
I just saw Wargroove and I'm really interested in it. How did you guys find it? I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan and I played from GBA to Switch, will I like it? Also, how's the resolution and framerate?
I liked the idea more than the execution. Maps drag...a lot. Dropped it pretty quickly.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Acti titles are the "our deals start 1 day later than the rest to fuck up your budget plans" deals this week?

that might be a problem