• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
been trying out the Qubic free games, to at least give them a chance, and the results are pretty much as expected (lol).

One Strike and Wreckin Ball Adventure were quick deletes (or archives technically), as had been Robonauts before. The winner of the bunch so far is Puzzle Book, even tho its literally just jigsaw puzzles, its well made and a good time waster for when I dont want to actually play anything for realsies. When Mana Spark rolls around I guess I would chuck that one in the winner column (I already own and played it earlier this year), even tho it's easily the weakest of the "dual stick roguelikes" I've played, I still got a few hours of enjoyment out of it, and for free its certainly not a bad deal for those that dont have it yet.

Rekt is a good game. I got it from earlier sale.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I have a fat backlog that could keep me occupied probably for the rest of my life. I bought Battlechasers, Scarlet SaGa, Final Fantasy IX, and Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection today.

I need someone to take my money away from me.
You mean other than Nintendo? :p

Vaporum
Agent A: A puzzle in disguise
Graveyard Keeper
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Lumines Remastered
Broforce
Slain: Back from Hell
Three Fourths Home
SteamWorld Quest
Blazing Chrome
Submerged
Final Fantasy VIII
Sparklite
The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa
Mr. Shifty
Planet Alpha

...and I'm probably done for this sale. My Friend Pedro can wait for a further discount (or I'll just play it via Game Pass) and I already have Collection of Mana as a physical version.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I bought this game Anode which I hadn't heard before. It was just 0,99€. Saw it on sale and it seemed like an interesting take on tetris. There were no reviews for Switch but I found couple good reviews for Xbox version so I decided to buy it. And I can really recommend this game. It is simple game with couple of modes but I played it yesterday multiplayer with my fiancee and it was a blast. Single player is also very addicting. This game is actually not that much of a tetris clone. It has its own mechanics.

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Any comments on Forgotten Anne and Vaporum? I've been wanting something like Grimrock to play, and Forgotten Anne looks interesting
Here is my comment on Forgotten Anne: it should have been called ForgotAnne.
Forgotten Anne
Forgotten
ForgotAnne

GET IT?

At least that's what I think he was going for :p

Guys, the game is called ForgottOn Anne. Not Forgotten lol

(also there's a demo, play that if you're not sure, it's excellent!)

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Any impressions on the Switch version of Mutant: Year Zero? I remember reading reports of it struggling on PS4 around launch.
www.resetera.com

Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Deluxe Edition + Seed of Evil Expansion |OT| The Moose is Loose

Developer: The Bearded Ladies Console Ports: High Voltage Software Publisher: Funcom Platforms: Nintendo Switch [new!], PC, Playstation 4, and Xbox One Release Date (Switch, Seed of Evil, and DX Edition Retail): July 30, 2019 | PS4 digital: August 6, 2019 | Japan: November 21, 2019 Original...

Oct 28, 2019
Christmas emergency: Any (ideally four player or more) games that are super quick to understand for people with pretty much zero gaming experience and/or have quick game sessions? How is that recent Nintendo ambulance game for example?

I'm thinking the likes of Heave Ho, Snipperclips, etc.

Thanks in advance!

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Any impressions on the Switch version of Mutant: Year Zero? I remember reading reports of it struggling on PS4 around launch.

I dont have it on PS4 or PC for comparison but I can tell it's pushing my Switch to the limits (I play only in handheld mode). That said, it's good enough for me and I was delighted to discover a new (to me), highly rated SRPG that I could play on Switch. I've put in about 2 hours.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So close to 100%! Not tempted to push for that final 0.3%?
My younger self definitely would have not let it slide, but I've managed to shake that level of completionist compulsion over the years thankfully! 😂
Here is my comment on Forgotten Anne: it should have been called ForgotAnne.
You mean Forgotton Anne should've been called Forgotten Anne?
The artstyle is great and it's getting a lot of love on Steam. What's your issue with the game?
Personally I thought the actual gameplay of the game was terribly boring. Presentation and world, fantastic, but the act of playing it made me drop it fairly early on.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Christmas emergency: Any (ideally four player or more) games that are super quick to understand for people with pretty much zero gaming experience and/or have quick game sessions? How is that recent Nintendo ambulance game for example?

Thanks in advance!

+1 for Runbow. It's super fun and you'll learn how the game works pretty quick. You guys will probably laugh a lot while playing it :)

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Thanks in advance!

If you want a simple game that will have you at each other's throats, either Overcooked is a decent option as well.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I dont have it on PS4 or PC for comparison but I can tell it's pushing my Switch to the limits (I play only in handheld mode). That said, it's good enough for me and I was delighted to discover a new (to me), highly rated SRPG that I could play on Switch. I've put in about 2 hours.
it's not pushing your Switch to its limits. It's simply not optimized in the way it could be (look at it in TV mode and you'll notice a huge difference that could've been taken care of had it had more time/resources).

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I bought this game Anode which I hadn't heard before. It was just 0,99€. Saw it on sale and it seemed like an interesting take on tetris. There were no reviews for Switch but I found couple good reviews for Xbox version so I decided to buy it. And I can really recommend this game. It is simple game with couple of modes but I played it yesterday multiplayer with my fiancee and it was a blast. Single player is also very addicting. This game is actually not that much of a tetris clone. It has its own mechanics.

Thanks, I love puzzle games, I'll be getting this for sure.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Slay the Spire is so good, I'm hooked, already put more than 10 hours in just a few days.

It's got a lot in common with Ironcast actually.

By the way, again a Turok discount in the US that doesn't arrive to EU, that really sucks.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the port problems of FF games, any issues with FF8 and X/X-2?
I don't think there are any issues with X/X-2 aside from not including the PC boosters. VIII has blurry backgrounds because they're the originals, and they stand out more against the new character models. The battle UI is also half the FPS of the original PS1 Version. None of these were noticeable to me, but I'm pretty tolerant to performance issues generally.

monstar

Oct 25, 2017
Sunk some time into The Messenger yesterday. I dont think I like it all that much... it took forever for the metroid aspects to begin and now as a metroidvania it seems just ok. 🤷🏻

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
With the port problems of FF games, any issues with FF8 and X/X-2?

I beat FFX last week and, while I haven't played the original, the port looks very solid. I'm not very sensitive to technical issues, but performance was very good and you can even choose between the original and the remixed soundtrack. I only miss the fast-forward option. Haven't played X-2 yet, but it's probably great too.

Dec 2, 2019
Sorry for the late reply. I hadn't heard of that one before you mentioned it, but it looks interesting -- did you end up picking it up, by chance?
No. Not yet, I'm not sure now that I read it gets a little repetitive. It looks enough charming to give it a shot, though. I'll let you know if I bite in the end.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it has just taken me 25 hours to browse through everything in the sales.

Did anyone here play Fox n Forests? What's it like?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
How is Witcher III on Switch performance-wise in handheld mode? I know there's a visual downgrade, but I'm not too concerned about that. I'm thinking of jumping in to see how the experience is when I'm not chained to the TV.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
How is Witcher III on Switch performance-wise in handheld mode? I know there's a visual downgrade, but I'm not too concerned about that. I'm thinking of jumping in to see how the experience is when I'm not chained to the TV.

It plays great. Mostly a locked 30fps with a few dips here and there, and the visuals are well preserved even docked (at least on a32" screen) though I wish the AA was disabled for a sharper image.
It's one of the few games where I sometimes stopped to watch the landscape and take screenshots.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It plays great. Mostly a locked 30fps with a few dips here and there, and the visuals are well preserved even docked (at least on a32" screen) though I wish the AA was disabled for a sharper image.
It's one of the few games where I sometimes stopped to watch the landscape and take screenshots.
I'm tempted to pick it up. I finished the PS4 version ages ago and thought I'd never go back since it's a long game, but the Witcher TV series on Netflix is giving me the itch.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I haven't finished it yet but it's basically Hard West with spies. I liked it better than Hard West even.
Does it still have these dreadful overworld sections? I quite hard West close to the end of the dlc because I just couldn't take that shit anymore. I finished the main campain though.
I bought hard West for close to nothing and ended up playing a good 30 hours. Amazing investment.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Hard opinion to ask, but I'm thinking of giving myself a Christmas present and choose one of these:

Witcher 3 (played the base game but never the DLC)
Skyrim
Divinity 2
Pillars of Eternity

Which one should I choose? Want an epic adventure with an engaging storyline!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Hard opinion to ask, but I'm thinking of giving myself a Christmas present and choose one of these:

Witcher 3 (played the base game but never the DLC)
Skyrim
Divinity 2
Pillars of Eternity

Which one should I choose? Want an epic adventure with an engaging storyline!

Witcher > Divinity > Skyrim > Pillars

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Does it still have these dreadful overworld sections? I quite hard West close to the end of the dlc because I just couldn't take that shit anymore. I finished the main campain though.
I bought hard West for close to nothing and ended up playing a good 30 hours. Amazing investment.
I hated those in Hard West too, that's why I like PD more. It doesn't have that kind of stuff. It is harder than Hard West though. Very steep learning curve.