• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
The only problem I have with most stuff I'm interested in, is that I would rather have the physical version instead, but most of them only exist in either Asia form or Limited Run form and is both so much more expensive that a double dip wouldn't add that much to it anyway. But I still can't pull the trigger, arrrghhh, it's awful.

Only exception is the Banner Saga, the Trilogy is widely available for only 29,99€ standard price that I will simply get that, but I can't decide about all the other games. 😭

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The only problem I have with most stuff I'm interested in, is that I would rather have the physical version instead, but most of them only exist in either Asia form or Limited Run form and is both so much more expensive that a double dip wouldn't add that much to it anyway. But I still can't pull the trigger, arrrghhh, it's awful.

Only exception is the Banner Saga, the Trilogy is widely available for only 29,99€ standard price that I will simply get that, but I can't decide about all the other games. 😭

Isn't the banner saga trilogy partially digital? Not sure if you care about that.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How does Cities: Skylines run on Switch right now?
Here is the OT

seems to struggle at higher populations, though this game is not optimized on any system. The most concerning thing is the developer stating no more updates are coming. Might not be worth the risk if there are issues that won't ever get patched.

Dec 2, 2019
Thanks to all of you who posted sales. Is dekudeals down for anyone else? :(
Sometimes it works but is awfully slow. Most of the time it gets an error prompt. People really are scrolling through hundreds of sales lol

Anyway, I'll get Ori and Banner Saga 1&2, to start things up. I'd like to find some hidden gems, are there any?
For example, how about Agent A?
Please suggest more!

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
You know there are a lot of sales when notifications from eShop Notifier scroll non-stop for 10+ seconds on your phone.

And the crazy thing is, it actually missed some, like Koi DX for $0.25, which I wouldn't have seen if I hadn't sorted from low to high price on the Switch eShop itself.

There's always a chance we'll get a bunch more games on sale at random in the next week or two, but for now there are a total of 761 games discounted on the NA eShop, which falls far short of the record 878 games we got last month.

One of these days we'll hit the 1,000 mark. And it will be glorious.

And we'll get more posts like this:

Yeah, I just scrolled down the whole sales page and I can't see myself much less anyone buying 85% of what's on the eShop.

Although to your credit, usually people say 90% or higher with regards to shovelware or otherwise undesirable games, so at least we're gradually getting that percentage down to a more truthful representation instead of over-exaggerating. 😉

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Here is the OT

seems to struggle at higher populations, though this game is not optimized on any system. The most concerning thing is the developer stating no more updates are coming. Might not be worth the risk if there are issues that won't ever get patched.
I was told the switch version has gotten none of the DLC so is it even worth grabbing?

Dec 2, 2019
Oh shit, really? That would be a no go then. If there isn't any (Asian, limited) alternate it will be completely digital then.
Yeah, it makes no sense to buy physical only to have to download stuff, not to mention the awful "banner" on the cover (pun not intended).
I think they would have needed a 16GB gamecard for this, I was checking file sizes early and BS 2 is 5GB

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, really? That would be a no go then. If there isn't any (Asian, limited) alternate it will be completely digital then.
Part 1 and 2 are on the cart. Part 3 reamins locked until some of the assets are downloaded.

However this is largely moot at this point as part 1 and 2 have received fixes and such which are baked into the asset download that 3 needs, so it's a mandatory ~4Gb download either way you swing it to play any of them.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
Doraemon sale is tempting. Haven't had a chance to check out the full list but I'll probably bite on one or two things to add to the backlog.

Switch year in review tells me I spent 614 hours on 30 games. I wonder what my PS4 year in review would look like.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Pancakes R Us Champion

Captain of Outer Space posted the weekly thread here, but it won't be updated with all the deals till later tonight.

There's actually not a whole lot there in the sale that interests me, and this is coming from someone who only wants the 'indie' stuff digitally and gets all the 'big' games physically so these are the sorts of games I want to see in a sale... just not the ones I want lol.

Either that or the discount just isn't enough on the few things I am after in the sale. 20% is like "Meh."

Think I'll give up on Elliot Quest or Double Dragon IV ever going on sale. :'(
I see it's the time of year when my wish list suddenly lights up with red discount tags. I have to remind myself that most of these will go on sale again by the time I manage to get around to them. Just when I was already busy deliberating between Impossible Lair and Monster Boy as my next acquisition, too.

We played YL recently and beat all of the levels except the titular Lair. Still trying to beat it. In the meantime we've been getting into Monster Boy. It started slow but it's gotten more compelling as it goes along. I loved YL though. So far if I had to pick a favorite of the two, of definitely choose YL, though YMMV depending on whether DKC or Metroidvania is your face - YL really is DKC 6.

Ya I know, it's not even that expensive really... it's just the principle of the matter at this point lol, waited so long already. I'd grab it even at like 30% off etc.

I've wanted to play it properly since the 3DS/Wii U days!

zoodoo mentioned a game-breaking bug on the previous page so hopefully you won't encounter that. I remember the Wii U version had some serious bugs, at the time I contacted the port developer and he ended up fixing them, but I wasn't aware of the Switch version bugs. (And sorry to hear that happened to you zoodoo!)

Went to buy Ori in the eShop, only to find out I bought it in early October already! The more you know...

Play Ori if you haven't! It's so good. Can't wait for the sequel next year.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I was told the switch version has gotten none of the DLC so is it even worth grabbing?
As far as I recall it did come with a couple of DLCs included (night mode and some other one), but is getting nothing else. So the mass transit DLC, which apparently adjusts and fixes a lot of traffic issues is not included.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
So, from my wishlist, the following are 50% Off:

The Sinking City
The Book Of Unwritten Tales
Hidden Folks

Yes I have quite a backlog, but I'm quite certain I'll play these sooner rather than later, so, bought! (well except Sinking City - still debating which version to buy, the version with the DLC is also 50% off),

Last edited:

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
So, a couple of questions if anyone can answer me:

1) Is it worth buying Mario + Rabbids gold edition for the DK DLC alone? I already played the main game and traded my copy. Is the DLC long enough to be worth buying the whole game again?
2) How is My Time At Portia on Switch after all the updates?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Ironcast is on sale again, I remember some folk speaking highly of it, and since Puzzlequest refuses to go on sale in EU apparently, Im thinking of grabbing it to get my PQ fix.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
So, a couple of questions if anyone can answer me:

1) Is it worth buying Mario + Rabbids gold edition for the DK DLC alone? I already played the main game and traded my copy. Is the DLC long enough to be worth buying the whole game again?
2) How is My Time At Portia on Switch after all the updates?
DLC is fun and I recall it being a decent length.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Glad to see some of my games on my wishlist appearing on the sale, picked up the cheap Aqua Kitty UDX.

Now decide which of the below to purchase:

Golf Story
Moonlighter
Hyper Light Drifter
Katana ZERO

I don't know if you have already purchased these games, but in order of supreme greatness to great:

1. Golf Story
  2. Hyper Light Drifter
  3. Katana ZERO
  4. Moonlighter

Golf Story is arguably the best indie game on the Switch, and Hyper Light Drifter was the best indie game along with Stardew Valley and Ori and the Blind Forest in 2016.

These are both absolute steals for anyone interested. Two excellent Metroidvanias with completely different worlds, themes and gameplay, but they share imaginative, compelling level design, memorable characters, great OSTs, and like the best Metroidvanias, are packed with satisfying secrets.

Totally agree!

I played both of those games last year along with Hollow Knight — I was in Metroidvania heaven...

Never have I realized how bad the eShop is until now.

I used to complain about the Xbox Games Store in its early days, and occasionally the PlayStation Store too however, the eShop takes the biscuit. I just use their eShop webpage nowadays, as I cannot be holding down the analogue stick all the time whilst waiting for the next dozen games (out of a few hundred) to load.

How's Rocket League performance on the Switch?

Performance is genuinely fantastic however, the visuals are 'simplistic' in style compared to what I was used to on the PlayStation 4. The numbers/population is really healthy; never fail to jump into a quick match!

Is Curse of the Moon worth the 50% off?

Most definitely. I actually preferred this to 'Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night' in all honesty.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Namco Museum & Voez on sale kinda makes me feel conflicted since I'd rather get them physically but at the same time, those are way lower than retail will probably ever have them be.

...then again, it's not like I really have the time or money to get them, especially when I'm trying to save up for Groove Coaster.

monstar

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the OT

Is it on sale? I know it's not the best version but it really seems like something I'd want to play in bed as opposed to on pc

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Nice, maybe that'll help my Castlevania itch.

Games I'm tempted by (If I must list!)

Degrees of Separation (Would multiplay with my missus)
Hard West
Axiom Verge
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition

Heat is an amazing game, if you are into turn based strategy games give it a chance.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Yeah, I just scrolled down the whole sales page and I can't see myself much less anyone buying 85% of what's on the eShop.
I wish there was a way to clear out games you're sure you would never buy so that they disappear from the available catalog. It's really tiring having to scroll through all those games all the time looking for the sale you're interested in.

By the way, I finally started Slay the Spire for real and finally "got it", it's an amazing game for sure.

Also, I really recommend Ironcast, it's an amazing puzzle/strategy/run based game

Will look through the sales in a moment but from what I read it seems like there's not that much for me, which is great because I have too much to play already.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Enter the Gungeon close to release but I never got into it at the time. I started to play some older purchases of mine again and man I have to say, the gameplay is really addictive. I think it clicked with me and now I can't stop playing. I never liked the one life run type of game but this is something else. The game is rewarding just by learning how to properly play the game.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was a way to clear out games you're sure you would never buy so that they disappear from the available catalog. It's really tiring having to scroll through all those games all the time looking for the sale you're interested in.

By the way, I finally started Slay the Spire for real and finally "got it", it's an amazing game for sure.

Also, I really recommend Ironcast, it's an amazing puzzle/strategy/run based game

Will look through the sales in a moment but from what I read it seems like there's not that much for me, which is great because I have too much to play already.
Wishlist it

Dec 2, 2019
I bought Enter the Gungeon close to release but I never got into it at the time. I started to play some older purchases of mine again and man I have to say, the gameplay is really addictive. I think it clicked with me and now I can't stop playing. I never liked the one life run type of game but this is something else. The game is rewarding just by learning how to properly play the game.
EtG is a masterpiece in my opinion.

It's rewarding, but it's really demanding, too. You must get sucked into it to really take the most out of it. If you do, prepare yourself because it will suck your life.
Then you realize there's an enormous wiki about it. Then you want to clear the whole Ammonomicon. Then you look at your game time and get scared how it grows, and grows...

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
It's 50% off. Threathrythm FF Curtain Call is also 50% off.

Ahh for a second I thought Theatrhythm was on Switch :(

The 3DS game is one of my all time favorites. I got to play the arcade version in Japan and would pay an ungodly amount of money to own a cabinet somehow. I looked into it, and it looks like it's pretty much impossible, though. A few arcades in the states have it, but it's in Japanese and idk how I'd get one to my house.

It's my white whale haha

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Having just finished FFX after World of Final Fantasy, I've now bought FFXII and I'm eager to replay FFVIII.

When I bought my Switch last year, I never would have thought I would be playing so much Final Fantasy in it. I know we're not getting FFXV or VII Remake, but I'm very happy with all of those Square Enix ports on Switch. Oh, and Collection of Mana is also on sale...

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Having just finished FFX after World of Final Fantasy, I've now bought FFXII and I'm eager to replay FFVIII.

When I bought my Switch last year, I never would have thought I would be playing so much Final Fantasy in it. I know we're not getting FFXV or VII Remake, but I'm very happy with all of those Square Enix ports on Switch. Oh, and Collection of Mana is also on sale...

My absolute favorite 3DS game.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017

The 3DS game is one of my all time favorites. I got to play the arcade version in Japan and would pay an ungodly amount of money to own a cabinet somehow. I looked into it, and it looks like it's pretty much impossible, though. A few arcades in the states have it, but it's in Japanese and idk how I'd get one to my house.

It's my white whale haha
Same here Theathythm is in my Top 10 games of the decade. LOVE THAT GAME.