• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Nothing much on the NA store yet.

Unless you like Johnny Turbo.

Edit: Looks like an update went through. 744 Switch titles give or take.

Dragon Quest Games on sale.

Blazing Chrome 50% off.

Final Fantasy sale.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
Any place where I can see the 3DS games on sale? Damn with Radiant, I thought 11,99€ was the best price it'd get when I bought it!

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Unrelated to the sale, but does anyone know why AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES is no longer available for sale on the EU eShop? It's included in the sale for -30% but is not available to purchase when clicked on..

Don't know if you live in the UK but Amazon has got a physical copy of AI for £31 which is a lot cheaper than the current sale. So if you want AI its a better deal. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VZR9PTM/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_Gi7-Db3N4HGAJ

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'm interested in Mutant Year Zero but I heard the Switch port wasn't very good? Has that been fixed?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Merry xmas ro me

Blaster Master
Blaster Master 2
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon
Mother Russia Bleeds
Degrees of Seperation
Nightmare Boy
Metropolis Lux Obscura
Pan-Pan
Slain Back from Hell
Banner Saga
Banner Saga 2
Mable & The Wood
Masquerada Songs and Shadows
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Bomb Chicken
Assassins Creed 3 Remastered
Collection of Mana
The Lost Child ("free" with gold coins)

giphy.gif

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried via the website?

Unfortunately, already own the game so can't check myself on the eShop.
Both Web and on the Switch itself shows as unavailable when you look at the details. Super strange.

Don't know if you live in the UK but Amazon has got a physical copy of AI for £31 which is a lot cheaper than the current sale. So if you want AI its a better deal. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VZR9PTM/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_Gi7-Db3N4HGAJ
Thanks.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
NA sale up, Darksiders 2 is on sale for $20, definitely getting that.

Ni No Kuni $35...
God Eater 3 $35
Collection of Mana $20
Transistor is $4
My Hero One's Justice $24
Bastion $3
Battlechasers $13.19

Last edited:

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
So I finished the first Shovel Knight game last night and enjoyed it. Now I'm into Plague of Shadows and this is fucking dog shit. The character has trash mobility options.

That's not a weird opinion, most people feel that way.

Shovel Knight has a very accessible "for everyone" approach to movement and design. Plague Knight goes the opposite direction: you have to put in the time and learn the character. It's very contrasting style.

I would recommend moving on to the other characters and come back to him last. He is my least favorite character of the 4, because the movement is so different and contrasting style. It's okay to not like it, not for everyone

Oct 25, 2017
I see it's the time of year when my wish list suddenly lights up with red discount tags. I have to remind myself that most of these will go on sale again by the time I manage to get around to them. Just when I was already busy deliberating between Impossible Lair and Monster Boy as my next acquisition, too.

Also, it looks like Mario+Rabbids DLC is on sale by itself again, which is a rarity that took forever to come along. I feel like I've moved on from that game precisely because of how long it took for this to happen, but others may be interested.

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
There seems to be no way to check which games are on sale for 3DS via Nintendo's website. How is this acceptable in the year and 2019?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So I finished the first Shovel Knight game last night and enjoyed it. Now I'm into Plague of Shadows and this is fucking dog shit. The character has trash mobility options.
No, he really doesn't. He's just got a learning curve to him. Once you get some upgrades and get the feel of his powers you can go long stretches without ever touching the ground. Takes a while to get used to but like King Knight he's amazing to use in speed runs once his movement clicks. But he's certainly the toughest of the bunch to use. Spectre Knight is much easier to pick up and play, and is still my favourite of the bunch to use.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Plague Knight feels really bad at first uses, but he does become really fun to control around the environments once you learn his moveset.

Edit: Has anyone played Northgard? I enjoy RTSs but I've heard some mixed things about it.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I promise Elliot Quest is well worth the asking price. One of my favorite 2D games ever. It's really a wonderful game. You've probably seen me going on about it before here or at the old place. XD

Ya I know, it's not even that expensive really... it's just the principle of the matter at this point lol, waited so long already. I'd grab it even at like 30% off etc.

I've wanted to play it properly since the 3DS/Wii U days!

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
yep, that's what I thought. And I don't have my 3DS with me, could anyone at least tell me when does the 3DS sale end please?
3DS sale also ends on January 2nd, 2020. Seems the only way to check the games on sale via the website is to show all 3DS games and browse through the 76 pages one by one. Very carefully thought out and customer friendly, whoever is responsible for the web eShop needs a massive pay raise for their great work!...

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Merry xmas ro me

Blaster Master
Blaster Master 2
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon
Mother Russia Bleeds
Degrees of Seperation
Nightmare Boy
Metropolis Lux Obscura
Pan-Pan
Slain Back from Hell
Banner Saga
Banner Saga 2
Mable & The Wood
Masquerada Songs and Shadows
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Bomb Chicken
Assassins Creed 3 Remastered
Collection of Mana
The Lost Child ("free" with gold coins)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Oh man, there is a lot of games I want on sale...

Is Chocobo Mystery Dungeon worth it at US$ 25? Never played any of the Mystery Dungeon games, but I'm curious and I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy stuff.

And regarding Star Link (US$ 20), I've watched a few videos and it looks like a cool space exploration game, but I get the feeling combat isn't so hot. Am I correct?

EDIT: Forget my question about Star Link, I won't get it. Too many great RPGs I can't resist right now.

Last edited:

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I love reading everyone's pickups and recommendations, always find something I've never heard off then I look it up and go hey that looks cool!

Blazing Chrome looks like an awesome Mega Drive game or something! But I know I'd suck at it lol, I grew up in the era but somehow missed the Contra boat so the run and gun 1-hit-kill type things I always found difficult unless it's an arcade game like Metal Slug or something when I can just continue forever.

Timespinner looks great too!

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Oh man, there is a lot of games I want on sale...

Is Chocobo Mystery Dungeon worth it at US$ 25? Never played any of the Mystery Dungeon games, but I'm curious and I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy stuff.

And regarding Star Link (US$ 20), I've watched a few videos and it looks like a cool space exploration game, but I get the feeling combat isn't so hot. Am I correct?

Chocobo Mystery Dungeon has its fans but from what I'd read it's definitely not a traditional roguelike if that's what you're looking for. There are very low stakes in battle as you apparently don't lose anything if you die so it's definitely on the easier side of things which may or may not appeal to you.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Nice, right after saying that I wouldn't purchase any more games for the year, VA11-HALL-A goes on sale. Hat in Time, although not on sale, is another game I've been interested in, but the switch port has me wary.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I love reading everyone's pickups and recommendations, always find something I've never heard off then I look it up and go hey that looks cool!

Same here, so thanks to everyone posting comments about games on sale!

Chocobo Mystery Dungeon has its fans but from what I'd read it's definitely not a traditional roguelike if that's what you're looking for. There are very low stakes in battle as you apparently don't lose anything if you die so it's definitely on the easier side of things which may or may not appeal to you.

... and I'm out. Thanks!

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
I saw a tweet earlier from them and it looks like those of you that use the UK store can get FUZE4 for 33% off. If you have any interest in programming I highly recommend it. Lots of different example games included along with tons of sprites and 3d models you can use in your games. I recommend the Logitech K400 Plus wireless keyboard for a solid but cheap option if you want to be able to code with the Switch docked.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I would recommend moving on to the other characters and come back to him last.
Last... or never. I can't even finish his first level because I don't understand his controls. Sometimes I can jump, burst, jump and throw bombs in mid-air, other times I'm unable to throw bombs in mid-air, and it's when I really need to that I can't, so I fall in a chasm and die.
No, he really doesn't. He's just got a learning curve to him. Once you get some upgrades and get the feel of his powers you can go long stretches without ever touching the ground. Takes a while to get used to but like King Knight he's amazing to use in speed runs once his movement clicks. But he's certainly the toughest of the bunch to use. Spectre Knight is much easier to pick up and play, and is still my favourite of the bunch to use.
OK_thumb.jpg

Either way, I don't have the time or interest to learn to play this.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Got Final Fantasy VIII and IX, just couldn't resist. How is the Switch port of X/X-2?.

I just beat FFX and it looked perfect. No performance issues I could spot, nice graphics and excellent music (you can choose between original and arranged soundtrack). My only gripe is the fact that the game doesn't have the QoL features seen in other FF ports, such as fast-forward, but the game moves pretty quickly anyway.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Went to buy Ori in the eShop, only to find out I bought it in early October already! The more you know...

Finally bought Divinity: Original Sin II. It was €15 off, and I had €9 worth of gold coins, so that was an easy €26 to spend. Considering getting FFXII, since it's 50% off, but I have Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Spider-Man, Divinity: Original Sin II, DQXI S, Witcher 3, Ori and the Blind Forest DE, and the last route of Fire Emblem Three Houses to play through still. I guess I will wait for another sale lol

shnitzel

Dec 3, 2017
I just beat FFX and it looked perfect. No performance issues I could spot, nice graphics and excellent music (you can choose between original and arranged soundtrack). My only gripe is the fact that the game doesn't have the QoL features seen in other FF ports, such as fast-forward, but the game moves pretty quickly anyway.
Ok, thanks. Sounds pretty good! I still have to replay 7, 8 and 9 but i think that's as low as the price will get.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
atelier ryza is in sale, but not a big one
other games i haven't seen on sale before:
the nintendogs-like
detention
nights of azure

no idea what's good and what's not