• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
So yeah.. Bought Hollow Knight for the second time (had bought on Ps4 last month) and New Super Mario UD.

Now i'm gonna eat only bread and eggs till payday.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of Iconoclasts. Part of PS Plus this month, but not even on sale on the eShop.
It is currently discounted on Japanese eshop only.
Hasn't Ironcast been on sale multiple times in the past?
Around the time I bought my Switch last February, it was on sale but since then, I don't think it's been discounted.
Ah, so I have missed it. Weird that it is not discounted in Black Friday and Christmas though.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
None of the 2 Disgaeas are on sale. Yay. Thank god their physical versions are going down on prices (Last time I checked D1C was 25€)

Anyway, here's a funny story.
Since I've never bought anything on the wiiu eshop with a credit card, I thought that the only thing you could do with a credit card is add funds. And because the games I wanted barely passed the minimum you can add (750 RUB. Total = 752 RUB. Yes, by only 2) I added a few days ago the equivalent of 20€.
Yesterday, as I was checking something about buying in other countries eshop, I found out that you can actually pay the exact amount in the purchase screen for each game. Oops.
So after that moment, I just went 'F*** it', added that account to my switch and went into a all-out shopping frenzy. And thanks to that I got:

- Darksiders 1 (Wiiu)
- Darksiders 2 (Wiiu)
- RE Revelations (Wiiu)
- Cript of the Necrodancer (Switch)
- Count Lucanor (Switch)
- Axiom Verge (Wiiu)

BTW, is there any reason for Axiom Verge being cheaper in wiiu than on Switch? From what I've read there isn't really any difference between the 2 versions, so I just went with the WiiU version.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
None of the 2 Disgaeas are on sale. Yay. Thank god their physical versions are going down on prices (Last time I checked D1C was 25€)

Anyway, here's a funny story.
Since I've never bought anything on the wiiu eshop with a credit card, I thought that the only thing you could do with a credit card is add funds. And because the games I wanted barely passed the minimum you can add (750 RUB. Total = 752 RUB. Yes, by only 2) I added a few days ago the equivalent of 20€.
Yesterday, as I was checking something about buying in other countries eshop, I found out that you can actually pay the exact amount in the purchase screen for each game. Oops.
So after that moment, I just went 'F*** it', added that account to my switch and went into a all-out shopping frenzy. And thanks to that I got:

- Darksiders 1 (Wiiu)
- Darksiders 2 (Wiiu)
- RE Revelations (Wiiu)
- Cript of the Necrodancer (Switch)
- Count Lucanor (Switch)
- Axiom Verge (Wiiu)

BTW, is there any reason for Axiom Verge being cheaper in wiiu than on Switch? From what I've read there isn't really any difference between the 2 versions, so I just went with the WiiU version.
You paid less for the better version since Axiom Verge on Wii U has the whole dual-screen map thing.

You should've gone with RE Revelations on Switch though, that one is just better there.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
You paid less for the better version since Axiom Verge on Wii U has the whole dual-screen map thing.

You should've gone with RE Revelations on Switch though, that one is just better there.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if I bought Revelations again for the third time (1st time on 3ds) along with Revelations 2 in a few months/years.
I don't want to miss the chance of playing both games with gyro aiming.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Help me Eshop Thread friends, should I spend the gifted Eshop funds I got on Christmas on Monster Boy or Starlink (50% off)?

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
edit: whoops sorry for making 2 separate posts
Are these really that good? I've always been intrigued but never pulled the trigger.

Revelations 2 is great. And the Raid mode is superb, the game has TONS of content.
The first was neat as a portable 3DS experience back then but that's it imo, can't imagine enjoying it in 2018 on consoles. But that's me.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
I'm always happy to be reminded of how much I enjoy the original Phantasy Star. It's just the core RPG experience, plus little bit of charming character design. And I wish more RPGs had brutal intro segments.

Welcome, Alis, to the Palman wilderness, where 3/4 of the battles in the first area will kill you.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I bought it in the last sale (for 5€ more back then, oof) and tried the tutorial but it seemingly bugged out for me, I couldn't progress any further, without any clue(s) what I am supposed to do. Looked like this on the map:

Might try it again some time... but that shit is obviously totally off-putting.

The tutorial is a fixed map, not a procedural map.

I was able to complete this, maybe you are missing some solution to some of the puzzles, or some object.

The objetive is to find a key, then go to a room with an elevator that will take you back to the first room, so you can escape.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I bought it in the last sale (for 5€ more back then, oof) and tried the tutorial but it seemingly bugged out for me, I couldn't progress any further, without any clue(s) what I am supposed to do. Looked like this on the map:

Might try it again some time... but that shit is obviously totally off-putting.

The tutorial is a fixed map, not a procedural map.

I was able to complete this, maybe you are missing some solution to some of the puzzles, or some object.

The objetive is to find a key, then go to a room with an elevator that will take you back to the first room, so you can escape.

There is a known bug in the tutorial stage, it happens to some people. I think it was fixed in the last update.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Is Full Metal good solo? I was under the impression it was more of a co op focused game.

I've only played it solo so far and about 4 hours into it. Probably cool 4-player but it adds another level of strategy with switch back and forth between characters when fighting. Not sure if they add more enemies with more players. I've had some tough fights but I thought I was fighint g a level 20 boss as a level 15 person.

Also what's cool, if you play two characters a lot and super level them, the other unplayed characters get a discount on leveling up so it makes it quicker. I imagine when I switch to fighter, I will be able to get 5+ levels for $0. Neat feature that cuts out the super grindiness in it. Definitely looking forward to pouring more hours into this one.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Is Full Metal good solo? I was under the impression it was more of a co op focused game.
I've played the first two missions solo, I really like it! They did a great job taking a two player concept and making it work extremely well on one controller!

I'm enjoying this way more than Diablo 3, which I felt was very button mashy and mindless action combat. This game already on the first two levels is slower paced , and requires you to be smart about when you use skills, evade, and parry attacks. I like it a lot! They did a great job here!

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Are these really that good? I've always been intrigued but never pulled the trigger.

For 14 bucks they are. I played coop raid mode in revelations 2 for about 40 hours with a friend. The campaign is also pretty good. Revelations 1 has a cooler raid mode but it isnt local coop. Its decent overall with really good boss battles.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Damn guys, in the past month I've bought:

- Mark of the Ninja: Great game, but I got burnt out about ~7 hours (riiiight at the end of the game) and didn't bother to finish it. I'd recommend it.
- Horizon Chase Turbo: good game, a tad pricey at $20 but lots of content. Great arcade racer fix.
- Sega Ages Phantasy Star: good game, but yeah, I don't need to play a super old school JRPG. A bit too much of a mindless grind.
- Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom: GREAT game, pricey at $40 but I recommend to anyone who enjoyed Hollow Knight.
- Sega Genesis Collection - Bought this for PSIV mainly. I'm enjoying it, but already becoming too mindlessly grindy like PS1. Oh well, I wanted a JRPG fix, I may still play more.
- Cat Quest: Bought this on the cheap sale, it's really fun Diablo-style combat. I recommend it so far, I enjoy it already more than D3.
- Full Metal Furies: Same as Cat Quest, I'm enjoying it more than D3 as an action RPG, but it's more like Castle Crashers, only less button mashy and more strategic.

- Smash Bros Ultimate: I'm getting more into Spirits Mode and Online Solo, both are fun pick up and play!

... yup and I still need to finish that damn Dr. Light's Trial in MM11! And make a Sub-50 minute speedrun before the New Year! Eek, that may not happen, I haven't been practicing at all...

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Just found this thread! Excellent

Any impressions on moonlighter? As most reviews seem to suggest it is an excercise in mediocrity? Also are we allowed to discuss region pricing in here? For the best deals
I found Moonlighter to be very disappointing unfortunately.

Pros:
+ Gorgeous, gorgeous game. Graphics alone are almost worth the price of admission if you like pixel art. The detail in the animations is so nice.
+ Decent weapon variety means you can probably find a playstyle that works for you. You can have two weapon types equipped at a time so you can mix and match based on the enemy type you are facing
+ I found the pacing of the dungeons to be pretty decent.

Cons:
- The shop portion of the game is terrible. It's about the most bare bones shop game you could imagine. This would be ok except for one glaring design flaw. It is pointless to try to sell items you craft. You can't sell crafted items for anywhere close what they cost to make. So the game expects you to make all your money selling dungeon mats. Which makes all the progression a really tedious grind.
- Poor controls. The dungeon controls can be a bit mushy which is a problem given how important facing is when attacking certain enemy types.
- Bad enemy design. Most enemies will have patterns you need to learn to beat them safely. This is fine except that enemies will often break that pattern to get a free hit on you. This means that even when playing well there will be hits you can't avoid. Which leads to-
- Broken armor scaling. Upgrading weapons gives you more damage output but upgrading armor gives you more health, not damage reduction. Even armor with an extra "armor" stat just gives temporary hit points. So no matter how good your armor is, enemies hit just as hard, and since the game is full of cheap hits you can't avoid...

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
So far this month I bought Sonic Mania (hoping my daughter plays cause shes a huge fan), MM11, and SBU
I'll prob grab Phantasy Star because I always wanted it when I was younger when it came out but I neevr could save up enough to buy it. But I did rent it! Unfortunately the game was sooo long I couldnt beat it

I would get Dead Cells but I'm reading the patch isn't out yet. Maybe I'll grab Dead Cells on PS4

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Anybody here bought the pipe girl game that looks like that other sausage game? Looks cool

Also, I'm really liking Shining Force, wish I would've gotten it as a kid for my mega drive but I somehow always thought Rpg games looked dull and never played any.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
I always wanted Shining Force as a kid too. I used to look at the pics in magazines and thought it looked so fun

The feels these old games give me man...

Week December 27th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

- Games
  • Mech Rage - Drageus Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 1.3 GB
  • Aaero: Complete Edition - Mad Fellows - $14.99/€12.99 - 1.4 GB
  • JCB Pioneer: Mars - Atomicom - €22.19 - 3.6 GB *01/03 on NA*
  • Pipe Push Paradise - Digerati - $10.99/€10.99 - 280 MB
  • Mad Age & This Guy - SimFabric - €4.69 - 226 MB *01/04 on NA*
    mechrageili75.jpg
    aaerocompleteeditionu1ilb.jpg
    jcbpioneermars8eiua.jpg
    pipepushparadisefadct.jpg
    madagethisguy3wcsv.jpg
  • Diggerman - Forever Ent. - €4.99 (Launch sale: $4.49/€4.49) - 294 MB
  • Super Hero Fight Club: Reloaded - QubicGames - $9.99/€9.99 - 242 MB
  • Super Treasure Arema - Headup Games - $9.99/€9.99 - 70 MB
  • Animus - Trooze - €8.99 - 1.8 GB *EU*
  • Omega Strike - Digerati - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: $11.99/€11.99) - 83 MB
    diggermanbbew2.jpg
    superherofightclubrelz5cto.jpg
    supertreasurearenad7dqg.jpg
    animuss9i0s.jpg
    omegastrikemte7q.jpg
  • The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human - Digerati - €12.99 - 206 MB *01/03 on NA*
  • Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition - Koei Tecmo - $39.99/€39.99 - 15.8 GB
  • The King of Fighters 2002 - NeoGeo - SNK/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Catastronauts - Inertiasoft - €14.49 - 2.0 GB *01/03 on NA*
  • Blacksea Odyssey - Digerati - $12.99/€12.99 (Launch sale: $10.39/€10.39) - 1.1 GB
    theaquaticadventureof0kd3m.jpg
    dynastywarriors8xtrem9eewl.jpg
    acaneogeothekingoffig6tewn.jpg
    catastronautsscixz.jpg
    blackseaodysseyx5ihh.jpg
  • Uncanny Valley - Digerati - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $4.99/€4.99) - 238 MB
  • Revenge of the Bird King - Limited Run Games - $4.99 - 82 MB *NA*
  • Odium to the Core - QubicGames - $4.99/€4.99 - 577 MB
  • Abyss - EnjoyUp Games - $2.99/€2.99 - 75 MB
  • My Little Riding Champion - Bigben Interactive - €34.99 - 1.3 GB *EU*
    uncannyvalleyemc9h.jpg
    revengeofthebirdking9if7m.jpg
    odiumtothecoreewfjc.jpg
    abyss2pi3l.jpg
    mylittleridingchampior0csy.jpg
  • Mentori Puzzle - ITL - €7.00 - 628 MB *01/03 on NA*
  • Job the Leprechaun - Herrero - €2.99 - 36 MB *01/03 on NA*
  • Brick Breacker - Bigben Interactive - €9.99 - 226 MB *EU*
  • Tetraminos - Bigben Interactive - €9.99 - 170 MB *EU*
  • Animated Jigsaws: Wild Animals - Rainy Frog - €8.99 - 416 MB *01/03 on NA*
    mentoripuzzlen4cv3.jpg
    jobtheleprechaunjnd6a.jpg
    brickbreakeriki6d.jpg
    tetraminosycc4a.jpg

- Japan
  • Gain Ground - Arcade - Sega - ¥999
  • Dei Gratia in the fifth day - Regista - ¥972
  • Agartha-S - mebius - ¥990
  • Atsumare! Bowling - D3Publisher - ¥1,500
  • Voxel Sword - Sat-Box - ¥800
    segaagesgaingroundiuc5s.jpg
    deigratiainthefifthdatfejj.jpg
    agartha-shuieh.jpg
    atsumarebowlingn1cb5.jpg
    voxelsword9ucly.jpg
  • Dodge Hard - Vanguard - ¥2,000
  • Solitaire Klondike BLACK - G-mode - ¥500
    dodgehardljigk.jpg
    solitaireklondikeblacksfee.jpg

- Late regional releases
  • Rain World - Adult Swim Games - €19.99 - 2.0 GB *EU*
  • Mind: Path to Thalamus - Carlos Coronado - €10.99 - 2.1 GB *EU*
  • Venture Towns - Kairosoft - €10.00 - 187 MB *EU*
  • Heavy Barrel - Arcade - Data East/FTE Games - €7.99 - 71 MB *EU*
  • The Keep - Cinemax - €17.99 - 528 MB *EU*
  • Mahjong Solitaire Refresh - Sunsoft - €14.99 - 226 MB *EU*
  • Cake Laboratory - Grimtalin - €2.99 - 166 MB *EU*

nautone

Oct 16, 2018
Austin, TX
Anybody here bought the pipe girl game that looks like that other sausage game? Looks cool

Also, I'm really liking Shining Force, wish I would've gotten it as a kid for my mega drive but I somehow always thought Rpg games looked dull and never played any.

I did pick up Pipe Push Paradise yesterday, and have been enjoying it so far. I would say that the puzzles don't feel quite as ingeniously crafted as Stephen's Sausage Roll, but there are plenty of extremely hard puzzles. The chill guitar soundtrack is a nice bonus. All around, would definitely recommend for the current sale price.

That said, there seems to be a weird control glitch that pops up every now and then where it seems like random directions continuously get inputted somehow... Not sure if it's my joycons or if it's a deadzone setting for the game, but it is weird.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
So I finished SEGA AGES Phantasy Star last night with around 25 hours logged. After some mixed first impressions, it eventually sank its teeth in me and I became hopelessly addicted. First dungeon crawler I ever beat and now I'm looking forward to grinding through the sequels. The dilemma though is whether to jump into the SEGA Genesis Classics port of Phantasy Star II, or wait to see if an enhanced SEGA AGES version gets announced. Decisions.

Before I move on, however, I have a request for anyone who's completed (or close to completing) the Monster Guide. (OrakioRob?)

#27 is the only monster I'm missing, and I'd really appreciate if someone could check to see what it is, along with the background scenery so I know where to look for it. I wasn't specifically seeking out all the monsters during my playthrough, but by pure coincidence I was just one monster short of 100% completion upon finishing the game and now it's knawing at me. lol

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I did pick up Pipe Push Paradise yesterday, and have been enjoying it so far. I would say that the puzzles don't feel quite as ingeniously crafted as Stephen's Sausage Roll, but there are plenty of extremely hard puzzles. The chill guitar soundtrack is a nice bonus. All around, would definitely recommend for the current sale price.

That said, there seems to be a weird control glitch that pops up every now and then where it seems like random directions continuously get inputted somehow... Not sure if it's my joycons or if it's a deadzone setting for the game, but it is weird.
Nice, thanks for the impressions, specially since you already played Stephen's sausage roll, that's a game I am hoping comes to switch because it seems my kind off game so this seems like it could be close enough.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018

Probably is related to the drifting problem in the Joycons. Try to clean the stick with some compressed air, below the plastic covering them.

In the Switch menu you have an option to test the sticks. If you push a direction and the small circle is moving in this direction once you reach the end of the area, instead of staying fixed, it implies that you need to clean them.

This is the bigger Switch design flaw that Nintendo needs to fix in the next revision of Switch.

All the sticks will start to fail making random moves after 200 hours of use.

And after the first 100 hours, the diagonals will lost accuracy. Trying to play 'Celeste' with a stick with more than 100 hours of use is a hellish experience, relying so much in accurate diagonal movements.

But this can be prevented by cleaning the dust at least once per month.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
So I finished SEGA AGES Phantasy Star last night with around 25 hours logged. After some mixed first impressions, it eventually sank its teeth in me and I became hopelessly addicted. First dungeon crawler I ever beat and now I'm looking forward to grinding through the sequels. The dilemma though is whether to jump into the SEGA Genesis Classics port of Phantasy Star II, or wait to see if an enhanced SEGA AGES version gets announced. Decisions.

Before I move on, however, I have a request for anyone who's completed (or close to completing) the Monster Guide. (OrakioRob?)

#27 is the only monster I'm missing, and I'd really appreciate if someone could check to see what it is, along with the background scenery so I know where to look for it. I wasn't specifically seeking out all the monsters during my playthrough, but by pure coincidence I was just one monster short of 100% completion upon finishing the game and now it's knawing at me. lol

Oh, 27 is a very easy one. It's just a common spawn on the Ice Planet's overworld and is a recolored Evildead. I'm surprised you missed that but got the Elephant which is easily the most obscure of them (only appearing on one tiny island in the entire game)

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Probably is related to the drifting problem in the Joycons. Try to clean the stick with some compressed air, below the plastic covering them.

In the Switch menu you have an option to test the sticks. If you push a direction and the small circle is moving in this direction once you reach the end of the area, instead of staying fixed, it implies that you need to clean them.

This is the bigger Switch design flaw that Nintendo needs to fix in the next revision of Switch.

All the sticks will start to fail making random moves after 200 hours of use.

And after the first 100 hours, the diagonals will lost accuracy. Trying to play 'Celeste' with a stick with more than 100 hours of use is a hellish experience, relying so much in accurate diagonal movements.

But this can be prevented by cleaning the dust at least once per month.

Wait, i haven't played Celeste yet, but i was assuming that super precise platformers like this one are best played with the D-Pad?

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Celeste is the only game that gave me trouble with the left joy con going diagonal instead of right.

It has to be me though because it works fine for every other game. So I just finished Celeste with the Pro controller.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Oh, 27 is a very easy one. It's just a common spawn on the Ice Planet's overworld and is a recolored Evildead. I'm surprised you missed that but got the Elephant which is easily the most obscure of them (only appearing on one tiny island in the entire game)

Awesome, thanks! :D

Yeah, that's super weird I didn't encounter it before now. Showed up almost immediately outside of Skure this time.

And never realized just how rare the Elephants are. I was lucky I came across them at all without specifically seeking them out.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I finished the entire game with the Joycon D-Buttons, I felt like it was perfect.

I think my brain just borked when I was first learning the controls and subconsciously was pressing diagonal when I wanted to press full right.

It is 100% me because the joycons work fine to this day and I even played Dark Souls with then and that's the real test for me lol

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Did Mr. Shifty performance on Switch ever get better? If not, I'll just wait until I get a new PC.