• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Videos online like this one make it look fine.

Thanks! That looks good, and damn I really don't have $32 dollars or time, but this is the kind of game that I have wanted to scratch a specific itch every once in a while. I was hoping Manticore could do it, but after watching a bunch of videos I never became convinced and have been holding off until a big sale on it, but this definitely looks like it fits the bill better, and I know it is well received.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Those huge discounts so close to launch day (Starlink, Diablo, more on other platforms) are a big fuck you to early adopters.
I think in the case of Starlink and Diablo (which so far is EU only, though that may change tonight, who knows) it may have more to do with wanting to catch the Christmas shoppers.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Don't know about the Switch version but I've got it on PC and its absolutely brilliant. Has beautiful art direction and great roguelite mechanics. If performance holds up on Switch, it'll be 100% worth it.
I've been playing it on Switch for a bit now. Seems like a solid effort. Think embargo on coverage and impressions lifts on Dec. 11.

Oct 29, 2017
Is Katamari only being released in the America's but not Europe? Doesn't seem to be showing in my eShop and no EU prices are listed in the eShop price spreadsheet.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Why do you think Diablo isn't as big a seller in Europe than it is in the US? Genuinely curious, since I know very little about the series.

Generally speaking: combat/violent games usually sell better in the US than in the EU, while a genre like soccer sells better in the EU. Other demographics/genres, like family-oriented games/racing games/big open world games sell more or less equally well in both EU/US.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Generally speaking: combat/violent games usually sell better in the US than in the EU, while a genre like soccer sells better in the EU. Other demographics/genres, like family-oriented games/racing games/big open world games sell more or less equally well in both EU/US.

Yep, makes sense. Regardless, Diablo just got that amazing 33% discount in the US eShop despite seemingly great sales over here after launching only a month ago with its own Switch bundle, and at the risk of irritating day one digital buyers. Definitely one of the stranger sales I've seen.

Between this and Immortal you have to wonder how Blizzard logic works. Gotta get that holiday sales exposure by any means, I guess.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Oh no, guys, oh no. With black friday gone, I thought my wallet was safe. Diablo 3 and Mario Odyssey... must... resist...

Regarding the Diablo 3 sale, a few days ago I read an article on how publishers are releasing special editions of their games where you pay extra to play earlier. I wonder if competition will make this trend evolve into "full-price for day one, discount a month later".

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Got the mega drive collection! The 3D hub space looks a bit blurry and jaggy on the switch screen but the emulated games look quite crisp in it as far as I can observe. Really happy to have all these childhood games with me.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the Diablo 3 sale, a few days ago I read an article on how publishers are releasing special editions of their games where you pay extra to play earlier. I wonder if competition will make this trend evolve into "full-price for day one, discount a month later".

I'm not sure why people are so surprised at this. It's not really a new thing. Maybe it slowed up for a bit but I remember 2 or 3 Black Fridays in a row grabbing games a month old or barely for nearly half price. I remember it vividly because it was the entire reason I ever bit the bullet and purchased Dragon Age Origins. I used to grab a lot of borderline games at holiday times back when I was in college and a bit after. I do think the trend slowed a bit but it seems to be back now with packed holiday seasons.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
This is me on 3D Mario:

- Mario 64: loved it.
- Mario Galaxy 1 & 2: boring as hell (yeah, I know, I know!).
- Mario 3D World: it was fun, I guess. 7/10.

Now please talk me out of buying Mario Odyssey.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017

Devolver killing it lately.

This is me on 3D Mario:

No, it's great.

Unrelated:
Trying to decide between Everspace, Katamari or DB Fighterz.

Could not be a more diverse group. I guess I'll be all fightinged out with Smash, so maybe DBF is out.
I also have Starlink, which could rule out Everspace. But that sale...

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This is me on 3D Mario:

Hey! I have exactly the same position on these except swap 3D Land for World, which I didn't play. Mario Odyssey was about on par with 3D Land for me. I liked it more than Galaxy but significantly less than 64. Well-rounded and surprising at times but generally very safe.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
This is me on 3D Mario:

I'm someone who absolutely loves Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, had an amazing time with 3D World and thought that, outside of importance to the genre/medium, Mario 64 was just OK..

Odyssey is unfortunately tailor made for you.

Sorry.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Fuck it, got Smash, my first one. Tried the demo on 3DS but the shitty analog circle was so horrible to play with I didn't stand more than a few matches. The game itself seemed silly fun so I went for it since playing it with a pro controller should be night and day I guess.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Not eShop related, but I got my Genki bluetooth adapter today. I'm shocked I got before my Flip Grip, but whatever.

Will give impressions later on after I give it a try.