• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sad Nintendo is still really stingy about BotW and Super Mario Odyssey...

Very good deals on some 3rd-party titles though, like Dark Souls for $20 (cannot recommend that enough).

Yeah 3rd party discounts are good. regretting buing long dark right at launch, I haven't even gotten to it yet.

MUA3 being a modest discount is a surprise, but at least it doesn't suck like that other Avengers game.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling it causes great physical pain for Nintendo to put even a temporary price cut on their first party titles. Like, most of those are still overpriced and yet there are probably some execs writhing around in agony somewhere.

The worst part is that having a library of these quality games would be amazing, but am I fuck ever going to buy half of those at anywhere close to full price, especially as time goes in and it becomes increasingly obvious how graphically limited the switch is.

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna wait until Saturday when digital eshop cards are 10% off at Best Buy or they go on sale elsewhere.

Edit: I guess it starts Thursday!

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah but it's stupid and something they should let go. I bet more people would buy those games if they were $15 to $20. I'm not buying Mario Party for freaking 40. NO.

They are in it for revenue not number of players. That said I hold out on buying games for that reason. I don't mind $40 for for some of the 1st part games. But no fucking way am I paying $30 for Doom or Skyrim when those games go on sale for like $10 on other platforms.

Oh, it's $6 on XB right now lmao. I don't mind a little premium but not 5x the price. Can fuck right off with that.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Amazing how Doom still hasn't dipped below $29.99

Meanwhile on competing platforms you can buy the whole franchise for a few dollars more than Doom 2016 alone on the Switch.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Transistor+Bastion for less than 7 dollars sounds like a dream, I hope we get the same deal in Europe <.<

Also who wants to bet a penny that the discount is smaller on MUA3 because Disney needs to make up at least some money after the Avengers flop?
It's already the most successful game in the MUA series so it's sitting pretty

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
They are in it for revenue not number of players. That said I hold out on buying games for that reason. I don't mind $40 for for some of the 1st part games. But no fucking way am I paying $30 for Doom or Skyrim when those games go on sale for like $10 on other platforms.

Oh, it's $6 on XB right now lmao. I don't mind a little premium but not 5x the price. Can fuck right off with that.
Amazing how Doom still hasn't dipped below $29.99

Meanwhile on competing platforms you can buy the whole franchise for a few dollars more than Doom 2016 alone on the Switch.

LMAO

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
picked up slay the spire and divinity original sin 2

dammit my wallet is empty and i still need to grab hyrule warriors

Jan 29, 2018
I already own two copies of Doom 2016 on other platforms but I'd spend $5 to see what it runs like on the Switch. That's wild how bad that price is.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
i'd get travis strikes again if it was the full game at that price, but there's like 10 bucks worth of DLC that you have to get separately.
Looks like that still makes it quite a bit cheaper than even used physical copies. Is it out of print, is that why it's expensive? I thought the game was only so-so, but who knows. I'm curious about it now since I've been playing NMH1 on Switch.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
$15 for slay the spire is one of the best damn values for anything in modern human history.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I'm eyeing Shantae and the Seven Sirens as well as the Borderlands collection, but I'm not totally sure if I want to bite yet.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
How is Ai: the somnium files on Switch? It's a great price, but wondering if I should get it on pc or switch. I figure since it's a vn it should be fine on either

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
How is Ai: the somnium files on Switch? It's a great price, but wondering if I should get it on pc or switch. I figure since it's a vn it should be fine on either
Some minor performance issues but nothing that really got in the way of enjoying it. I remember hearing that the most annoying issue for me (picture-in-picture flashbacks causing frequent pauses in scenes so it can load in previous scenes) was an issue on PC as well.

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How is the Layton game on Switch?

Edit: oops, posted without comment accidentaly, lol. Anyway:

I didn't enjoy it, but I feel the while series dipped in quality after the first three games. It tries to change things up with new characters and a more episodic structure of small mysteries, but I found neither an improvement. Worst of all, I think the puzzles are just not as good as they used to be.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
It's a great port, 60fps and works very well in both docked and undocked.

There can be momentary dips sometimes when you get a room with too many of a type of a enemy that turns into a bullet hell like fight but they typically happen maybe twice in a run.

Excellent. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

I can deal with some minor drops for portability.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Some minor performance issues but nothing that really got in the way of enjoying it. I remember hearing that the most annoying issue for me (picture-in-picture flashbacks causing frequent pauses in scenes so it can load in previous scenes) was an issue on PC as well.
Thanks! It's probably preferable for me to play this on switch anyway. I'll pick it up. Thanks!
*Adds to backlog 😭

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
40+ hours into Hades on Switch and it's easily my game of the year. Don't sleep on it folks!

Otherwise, I'm very happy to see Link's Awakening on sale. Been waiting for that one for a while.

I also got What The Golf, which I was waiting for a sale on since I loved it on Apple Arcade but don't want to play it on my iPhone or continue playing $5/month to access it.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
FYI, if anyone is trying to access Deku Deals right now, the site is getting hammered with heavy traffic. I'm looking to see what's at an all-time low that I might be interested in.

Hades being $5 off is nothing new since it's only the third time it's on sale for that price. Personally, I can wait until it's 50% off.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Groove Coaster is $45, which I believe is the lowest it's been. Sadly.

Not sure when I'll bite the bullet on that one, I keep fearing it'll go down to $20-30 as soon as I buy it.

I also plan to get Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the Switch someday, but $40 is still too high for the "I don't want to mess with my Wii U" tax.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: oops, posted without comment accidentaly, lol. Anyway:

I didn't enjoy it, but I feel the while series dipped in quality after the first three games. It tries to change things up with new characters and a more episodic structure of small mysteries, but I found neither an improvement. Worst of all, I think the puzzles are just not as good as they used to be.
Ahh too bad. Seems like the last big swan song for franchise on Switch too... maybe if it was cheaper. lol

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
Eyeing Slay the Spire, Lumines, and Murder by Numbers. I wish Baba is You would go on sale again, I feel like it's been forever since it had a decent sale.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Price is what's making me delusional about Nintendo games. Even when a sale shows up, they're quite expensive.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
No Atelier Dusk Trilogy discount, huh? I've been waiting for that one for months at this point.
The same goes for Brigandine, but that's more recent

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I guess maybe the switch button remapping might help with the B button issue?
It would but I've already bought Dark Souls at least 4 times. No reason to quintuple dip on a version where they didn't even care enough to make the A button confirm on a Nintendo console.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok, what are the best rogue likes/lites on sale(excluding heart and slash which I already have and is awesome. I also have slay the spire)
Edit I already have hades and has been heroes, sorry I forgot

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
Just got Borderlands Legendary Collection and Ni No Kuni.

Still thinking between Skyrim (never played), One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 and Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for cadence of hyrule, I guess I continue waiting.

though the Take 2 sale looks good for double dips