• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I haven't seen this posted here, but the new game from the game bakers, the creators of Furi (one of my favorite game on Switch last year), had a gameplay trailer last month. I don't know what to think about it honestly as RPGs are rarely my thing, but we can already be sure that the soundtrack is going to be great.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
they mentioned in their "internet login fix" patchnotes that there were and are plans to tie that login into their Slayer's Club portal
That's already live. You level up your Slayers Club level and get discounts on DOOM merch for playing DOOM on switch if you've linked your accounts.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't seen this posted here, but the new game from the game bakers, the creators of Furi (one of my favorite game on Switch last year), had a gameplay trailer last month. I don't know what to think about it honestly as RPGs are rarely my thing, but we can already be sure that the soundtrack is going to be great.

I love how French this is!
Long live The Game Bakers!

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Interesting, not really what I would expect from the people who made Furi but it looks cool.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France

BOTW+Flower ? Nice !

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Astral Chain preloaded, Masters of Anima finished.

Post-game blues are very real, and it's hitting me hard with Masters of Anima, I wanted more :(

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Bethesda said as much in their statement about the logins were meant to be optional.

We've completed the circle now. That's what I've said in the first post of mine you responded to :D
Only I was referring to their full patchnotes.

Posted by u/jleaveyBethesda Community Manager | Bethesda Softworks
11 days ago
DOOM & DOOM II Hotfix Now Live

Classic Doom
Hey all,
We've just deployed a patch for the re-releases of DOOM and DOOM II across all platforms. This new hotfix adds an option to skip the Bethesda.net login requirement and removes the disconnect notification during gameplay.
As we mentioned previously, the login requirement was intended to be optional for Slayers Club members to reward members for playing classic DOOM titles -- we'll have more on that in the near future.
We are also working on a more permanent fix to further reduce the visibility of the optional login altogether. We do not have an estimated release just yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we can.
Lastly, we are pushing live a small hotfix for DOOM 3 to resolve an issue when closing inventory. This should be live shortly.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Well the patch had nothing to do with enabling any integration or new functionality, that part was already live, as I said in my first post. lol.
To fully return to the initial post:

The most likely thing or things I guess are that its either tied into another DOOM Eternal pre-release PR bump (since the lore in 64 is canon) [also note that they mentioned in their "internet login fix" patchnotes that there were and are plans to tie that login into their Slayer's Club portal and there would be further updates on that so they are clearly not done with actively supporting their classic re-releases and adding another lost one to the list would make perfect sense] and/or into a wild Smash crossover announcement. So a September or October announcement for anything related to that DOOM64 rating is what we're waiting on. Don't let us down, Bethesda. Connected to the internet or not.

The bolded was the whole point of that, which I'd lost during this back and forth lol. Whatever they're referring to there is certainly not live yet.

lukus99

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone played Crayola Scoot, it's on sale in the UK for £2.50. Is it worth it as a fun game for that price?

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

looks like no pre-purchase for FFVIII on NA eShop

odd since apparently it is available for pre-purchase on JP eShop

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
To fully return to the initial post:

The bolded was the whole point of that, which I'd lost during this back and forth lol. Whatever they're referring to there is certainly not live yet.
That's referring to updates to the slayers club which from what I can tell they're doing on the regular , adding new reward milestones.

A future DOOM 64 would of course also tie into those.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Unpopular opinion: hotline Miami 2 is almost as good as the first one, and I like that it tries to do things differently (guns are finally useful). They are both amazing games indeed.
Katana zero is better than both. Ha! You didn't see that one coming.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
So this review of Whipseey is kinda disappointing, whatever your thoughts on Nintendo Life I doubt they'd get the runtime of the game wrong. Seems like it's pretty darn short. Like, shorter than Baby Bowser's temper short. Runtime to 100% the game was less than an hour, granted it's a $5 release but if the gameplay is really just ok that's gonna be much depriortized on my list.

Not sure if this was posted before but Jet Kave Adventure got a new trailer. Should be interesting for DKC fans.

Looks good, thanks for posting this. I'm gonna wait and see reviews and impressions.

That jetpack directional-boost jump reminds me soooo much of Kick & Fennick.

I keep forgetting to pick this up and you've been recommending it for literally years now so I really should.

Wonder if it's going to be scene for scene lifeless/charmless CG render remakes like the movies.

OMG. No way!! Surely not. Hopefully just remastered visuals.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
I really wish I had gotten a couple vouchers. I want DQ11 and Astral Chain but I can't bite the bullet now that I know such a program exists. Hopefully it comes back soon.

Arturo

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, just one more post to follow up my original about FAR: Lone Sails.

I finished it this morning and it is possibly my favorite game I played all year. I LOVED it to bits, holy shit.

The feeling of having your ship (?) running smoothly at max speed and maintaining all the elements is so damn cool and organic feeling. Same with the way you come across the upgrades.

What a beautiful, beautiful game.

The final bit/ending were amazing.

Again, I have no idea how I never even heard of it before, but I'm so glad it came to the Switch(where I tend to play more and notice games these days) and I took a shot on it.
Just finished it. I agree in each and every word you said. That organic feeling you talk about is great, I love the connection with the ship, specially at the final part of the game.

Beautiful.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Might just be the physical release but The Ninja Saviors is pushed back to September 12th in the UK and Ireland. 😩

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Nicalis games on sale in NA. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ and Blade Strangers are both 50% off. I'm interested in RemiLore, but it's only 25% off and I'm afraid Torchlight 2 will kind of fill that slot for me in September.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
That Haven game looks great. I wish they would have shown off the battle system a little more but they have my attention.

It must be nice to have ppl upset with you because they can't give you their money fast enough.

I am one of the people upset with them. I go on holiday on the Tuesday, having to catch a flight at 6am, and now I have to stay up until midnight on the Monday just to download it

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Nicalis games on sale in NA. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ and Blade Strangers are both 50% off. I'm interested in RemiLore, but it's only 25% off and I'm afraid Torchlight 2 will kind of fill that slot for me in September.
So Blade strangers is 20$ right?
Also good timing since they released now a huge update where they added 3 new fighters and it seems they balanced the gameplay and made it speedy.
Might get the game but september is near and it's gonna be hell for the wallet.

DKoops

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
This week's Japanese downloads...

- The Legend of Heroes (Free)
- Dead or School (2916 yen)
- Friday the 13th: The Game (5184 yen)
- Vambrace: Cold Soul (2980 yen)
- Boku to Kanojo no Kenshuu Nisshi (1980 yen)
- Tonari ni Kanojo no Iru Shiawase ~Two Farce~ (1980 yen)
- Damascus Gear Saikyo EXODUS (2000 yen)
- Heavo Ho (1010 yen)
- Raspberry Cube (4298 yen)
- Super Cane Magic ZERO (2484 yen)
- Omega Vampire (5600 yen)
- Grand Brix Shooter (990 yen)
- BROTHERS CONFLICT Precious Baby (7344 yen)
- Agent A (1500 yen)
- Strikers 1999 (1200 yen)
- Solo: Islands of the Heart (1980 yen)
- Wakusei Daisensou Iseijin X (1200 yen)
- WORMS W.M.D. (2750 yen)
- Brunch Club (1524 yen)
- Astral Chain (8618 yen, available August 30)
- Toraware no Palm (3990 yen, August 30)
- Arcade Archives Pinball (823 yen, August 30)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not sure if it means anything but Decay of Logos does not show up in the upcoming releases anymore. It's still in the store as I have it wishlisted, and the store page still says August 29th so...weird?

Steam release also still says August 30th.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I remember reading somewhere it was delayed on Switch.

Edit: Here

RG0BS1U.gif

on one hand its good that they are adressing performance (honestly everytime I see those 3d open environment games announced for Switch I'm... relunctant to say the least until I see the final product), on the other hand, September is ridiculous so this WILL get lost in the shuffle.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
With regards to the Nicalis US sale, I've checked, and in the past, the EU territories generally follow suit shortly after (a week or two, usually), right?

Just wondering if I can assume that Isaac is shortly going to go on sale for the UK.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I still find Hotline Miami 1 the better of the two games for two reasons. One is the smaller, enclosed levels - 2 has a tendancy to have several armed (gun) enemies kill you from off screen. That got annoying after a while especially on certain levels where I had no exact idea where the enemy was or how to reach him safely. The second issue is that it feels the game kinda pushes you toward using guns more - something I don't personally like doing. I prefer close range combat with faster weapons myself. That said, I still really like several of 2's levels, and still really enjoyed it, I just find the first game better personally.

Anyway, while I continue to wait for Ninja Warriors Returns to be released (I get the feeling a Euro delay is happening), I've been playing the first game on the Switch. Really love that we got the ultra wide screen view included as an option - the game looks really nice that way, especially the backgrounds. The game plays really nice as well, but its gonna take a while to nail down certain levels/bosses as some spots really kick my ass. I'm getting better though, and its super addictive.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has Friends of Ringo Ishikawa ever gone on sale?

Also how is the Capcom Beat Em' Up Bundle? I'm interested in Battle Circuit.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017

Ringo has been on sale a couple times, I sadly wasn't ready last time when it was like 20% off.

Beat em up bundle is solid, but really depends on your appreciation of those games

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

it has in the EU but only like 15% or 20% off or something.

Here's the hottest of hot takes... games that are heavily discounted, like down to $1 or something, are $1 for a reason >_>

Just finished Ninjin which was like $1.50 some months ago (and highly praised, I can only imagine by people that only played the demo) and I sorta-kinda hated it, and only finished it because I switched to use the "easy mode" items. The game becomes ridiculously, and frustratingly difficult about halfway through that it killed any goodwill I had towards it for the first few levels, it really made me want to just drop it right there.

Another $1 cheapo I got a few months ago was Mana Spark, and while I didnt hate it per se, it's completely mediocre, barely has any content for a rogue like and it pales in comparison to other rogue like dual stick shooters.

so yeah, these games that go on super deep sales, well its for a reason, and that reason is that more often than not, they suck :p

Feel free to barrage me with examples on how im wrong (I picked a wrong time to make this post with Xonic being under $1 atm in NA I know lol)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So there's never been like a 30% - 50% sale on Ringo? I might bite it at full price since I'd only be saving like 4 bucks with their current sales.