• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose the next month banner

• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Decided to pick up RAD despite by misgivings about Double-Fine because I'm addicted to roguelikes/lites. It is pretty good. Mutations remind me of a much more streamlined Caves of Qud. I think the game's art style is pretty unappealing in general so the downgrade on Switch doesn't bother me on an aesthetic level, but I do have kind of a hard time just reading the environments quickly, which is important for these sorts of twinstick action games. Hopefully that will come with just getting more familiar with the game.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So... I kinda disagree that Superhot itself is too short. I mean, the story isn't super long, but the sheer number of different modes you unlock the more you play that drastically switches up existing levels (as depending on what modifiers are active, you really got to tackle them really differently)
Small thing but I'm so happy with the HLM Collection icon. That art was previously exclusive to an asian-only physical release and I always found it to be the coolest piece of HLM official art.

From what I understand the newest patch fixed the sleep mode issue. They're working on a "permanent fix" for the login prompt, whatever that means, and that patch may include a fix for the music too, but they haven't addressed the problem at all. And yeah it's such a bummer, the game plays great on Switch but the music is one of my favorite aspects of the game and these butched tunes are super distracting.
Well that's a pity. Guess I'll hold off further then, there's enough else on the Switch to keep me occupied (Tiny Barbarians is amazing) plus I just dropped cash on the Yakuza remastered collection, so I suppose I should hold back a little bit!

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing SteamWorld Quest on hard only because I remembered reading a bunch of reviews/impressions that said the game on normal is too easy and... did they patch this game to be harder or do I just suck, cause hard is really tough. Like, unbalanced tough.

It feels like none of my cards do enough damage, the enemies do way too much and my healing options are few and not great. I'm sure the game becomes more manageable when I get better cards/decks but the opening hours are rough.

AFAIK, it's the same difficulties as prior to the patch. You might want to read the OT on tips on how to beat it on hard. IMO, chains and their bonus are more important than the cards.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Decided to pick up RAD despite by misgivings about Double-Fine because I'm addicted to roguelikes/lites. It is pretty good. Mutations remind me of a much more streamlined Caves of Qud. I think the game's art style is pretty unappealing in general so the downgrade on Switch doesn't bother me on an aesthetic level, but I do have kind of a hard time just reading the environments quickly, which is important for these sorts of twinstick action games. Hopefully that will come with just getting more familiar with the game.

It looked really rough during the Treehouse segment at E3. It's becoming harder to just buy games on a whim on the switch because of the relatively poor/mediocre ports that are hitting the platform.

It's even more difficult given that I've got an Xbox one X sat there able to run this at 4k 60fps.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having issues with the NA eshop? When I open it, I get a message saying that "Settings failed to load, Restarting eshop." Then it works fine.

It seems I'm not the only one having this happen according to a Google search, and it started happening to people within the last day, so I assume the problem is not on the user end.
Yep, every time I launch it now.

Is this still happening for you two and others?

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
I won't be getting DQ11 because I only just finished the PS4 version a few months ago. For those getting it, enjoy - it really is a great game.

Really hoping FFVIII gets a preload. Can't wait to part with my money quick enough! I go on holiday the day of release so that's ideal. Was going to get Grandia HD collection but then this got a release date... so priorities.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I won't be getting DQ11 because I only just finished the PS4 version a few months ago. For those getting it, enjoy - it really is a great game.

Really hoping FFVIII gets a preload. Can't wait to part with my money quick enough! I go on holiday the day of release so that's ideal. Was going to get Grandia HD collection but then this got a release date... so priorities.

I don't know if the Grandia HD Collection is optimal in its quality, and FFVIII is the cheaper game. I'm personally holding out on the former to see if the port quality improves. Then again, I'm going off secondhand information, as I haven't played it myself.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Anyone else having issues with the NA eshop? When I open it, I get a message saying that "Settings failed to load, Restarting eshop." Then it works fine.

It seems I'm not the only one having this happen according to a Google search, and it started happening to people within the last day, so I assume the problem is not on the user end.
Started for me within the last couple of weeks. Kinda annoying but at least it boots right in the second time.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Had a similar issue about a year ago with my Switch, full restarts of the Switch helped but ever so often it came back.
Finally I reset the Switch cache and it went away and I haven't had an issue since.

System Settings > Formatting Options > Reset Cache

Doing that mind you will remove any user links you have (Twitter, Fb) etc.
Ooh, I wonder if it was a restart that fixed it for me. Had to restart the other day when it wouldn't wake up after I left FE:3H in the background while it slept.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Wandersong on sale for PS4 this week. Really hoping we get a sale on that this week in the eShop. Waiting on that and Night in the Woods now that I got my eShop cred at the ready.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Wishlist is useful to know when something is on sale especially since browsing the sale pages is a chore and Nintendo (or the publishers whatever) is super random when they put sales up.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Happens a lot to me, cache thing doesn't fix it but luckily it just reloads quick after the error.